Football Manager 2008

Just because I am managing Spurs you don't have to hate me Bobby ;)). It's going well at Spurs too, after 15 games I am 5th, and unbeaten at White Hart Lane. Last match of the night was me beating CW's Aston Villa 2-1 thanks to 2 goals from Pavyluchenko :)).

Just because I am managing Spurs you don't have to hate me Bobby ;)). It's going well at Spurs too, after 15 games I am 5th, and unbeaten at White Hart Lane. Last match of the night was me beating CW's Aston Villa 2-1 thanks to 2 goals from Pavyluchenko :)).

Well done on that win too, my defence just couldn't cope with the awesome power of the Russian fella. My aim for the season if for a UEFA Cup spot and at the moment I am on target for that. Gotta get rid of Marlon Fucking Harewood asap though

I am doing rubbish with Arsenal - Coming up to December and I am 7th - but not too many points from the top. I keep drawing too many games!!!

I have changed my tactics completely now though - and it seems to be paying off - lets wait and see.

Adebayor and Van Persie are scoring quite a few goals though....which is nice :DD

Last night I declared my interest in David Villa, he told me to fuck off

I tried to get him but they wanted too much money. I have just been given 42Million though for the January transfers, so I might get him and a couple of others I was interested in :DD

thanx for the schedule tim! lets see if that helps...
;)

and CW i know how it is about that villa matter...
i cant attract any quality players to everton, usually i have the money to bring them but than they aways tell me to fuck off :lol:

do u guys know this french player called Gillaume Hoarau? hes a PSG player on a loan...this kid is a BEAST. im in the second season and he has all the power striker(streangh, balance, pace, finnishing, etc) numebers above 17.
i wonder if he is that good in real life, never heard of him.

bTW, i brought barry fergunson last season...he is was playing so bad that right now i have him on my reserver team...what a waist! im tryiyng to send him back to scotland..but not evan hearts wants him.

D'oh, good spot. I doubt he'll play a game for them anyway outside of the Carling Cup. ;)

I won't be doing any more updates to the Weegie DB as I've started a new game but in-case people want to update it themselves, there are some more errors, as reported on the Weegie forum...

---

Roma's player Mauro Esposito is not co-own now. Roma use 35K to buy his 50% from Cagiliari.

---

juventus
criscito remain loan to genoa

palermo
de melo to lille

---

1. Diego Milito transferred to Genoa instead of still at Zaragoza
2. Mario Yepes is at Chievo instead of free agent
3. Recoba is at Panathinaikos instead of free agent
4. Crespo is still at Inter instead of free agent (though he is unhappy and is likely to leave in upcoming Jan window)
5. Michael Tonge transferred to Stokes instead of at Sheff Utd
6. Montella returned back to Roma from loan (in game still on loan)
7. Juve's Criscito is lon loan to Genoa
8. Lionel Scaloni is transferred to RCD Mallorca
9. Tulio de Melo is transferred to Lille
10. Mauro Esposito is now fully owned by Roma and loaned to Chievo (in game still co-owned by another club, napoli or empoli)

Last edited:
In the news today it said Fowler rejected Blackburn and was trying to play for some Danish Team - but his wage demands were too high?

D'oh, good spot. I doubt he'll play a game for them anyway outside of the Carling Cup. ;)

I won't be doing any more updates to the Weegie DB as I've started a new game but in-case people want to update it themselves, there are some more errors, as reported on the Weegie forum...

---

Roma's player Mauro Esposito is not co-own now. Roma use 35K to buy his 50% from Cagiliari.

---

juventus
criscito remain loan to genoa

palermo
de melo to lille

---

1. Diego Milito transferred to Genoa instead of still at Zaragoza
2. Mario Yepes is at Chievo instead of free agent
3. Recoba is at Panathinaikos instead of free agent
4. Crespo is still at Inter instead of free agent (though he is unhappy and is likely to leave in upcoming Jan window)
5. Michael Tonge transferred to Stokes instead of at Sheff Utd
6. Montella returned back to Roma from loan (in game still on loan)
7. Juve's Criscito is lon loan to Genoa
8. Lionel Scaloni is transferred to RCD Mallorca
9. Tulio de Melo is transferred to Lille
10. Mauro Esposito is now fully owned by Roma and loaned to Chievo (in game still co-owned by another club, napoli or empoli)

Don't forget Robert Acquafresca is an Inter player on loan at Cagliari. Kerlon has joined Chievo.

This game is getting on my wick!!!

I can't get a tactic to work away from home consistantly!!! I tried just tweeking my tactic as I used to before. But it just is not working - even if I go quite defensive it is gauranteed that the other team will score. No matter how Good/shit they are.

I'm going to go on the Sigames forums and get some pointers on Tactics/formations.

I nearly bit my Laptop last night - really close to doing it, but I bit my hand instead. the teeth marks went away this morining.

I just can't seem to be able to use a tactic for more than 4 games before I start losing again. It is ridiculous - Arsenal pretty much play the same formation every week - same as alot of other teams. I think Footy manager just takes that a bit too far.

Been discussed in here already Bob, it's part of the game, search on the SI forums for "tactic cracking" - the CPU won't let you have a successful formation for very long.

I've started making very, very basic formations (less to go wrong and less to cheat you on).

Been discussed in here already Bob, it's part of the game, search on the SI forums for "tactic cracking" - the CPU won't let you have a successful formation for very long.

I've started making very, very basic formations (less to go wrong and less to cheat you on).

Yeah I remember you talking about it - I just needed to vent my frustration!!

I had a great game going as England manager, won all 6 of my remaining Euro 2008 Qualis to finish 1st in my group. I landed in a hard Group with Italy, Netherlands, and Sweden when the game crashed! Now my save is buggered. =(

i just got the sack :(
everton didnt want to renew my contratc...i got two 9th positions in the EPL, one FA cup semi final , one UEFA cup FINAL*lost 4-2 to valencia) and one UEFA CUP Quarter final...
i thought i would keep the job :(

I won Euro 2008 with England, it was epic. I ended the game after that though, I couldn't face the prospect of replacing Owen. He was the tournament top scorer with 8 (next highest was 3) but he'd be 32 in 2010.

i just got the sack :(
everton didnt want to renew my contratc...i got two 9th positions in the EPL, one FA cup semi final , one UEFA cup FINAL*lost 4-2 to valencia) and one UEFA CUP Quarter final...
i thought i would keep the job :(

My mates done nearly the same as you with Everton. Finished 4th lost the FA cup final and the UEFA cup final, second season knocked out of all cups including the CL qualifier and 10th in the league atm and they have game him a vote of confidence

So sacked soon :LOL:

:lol:
i was a bit sad , but i think my mistake was to promisse them a europe qualify through league position, which i didnt achive.
i think that because master_w11 was city, he got 11th and 12th league positions in the 2 seasons and he still got a renew...but he promisse them only a top half finnish which he didnt achive anyways, but i think its less of a demand when u promisse that.

Im Villa and finished 17th the first season and out of all the cups, 10th this season so far out all the cups and spent 120 million :LOL:

what a manager :lmao:

I give up with this, won four in a row, then I lose four in a row conceding goals in the last minute (before anybody says "it's your tactics", believe me, I've played FM long enough and read the SI forums long enough to know what I'm doing defensively).

So I can't play FM, I can't go back to PES on the PSP after playing the FIFA 09 demo (the CPU cheating really annoys me even if it is toned down from the console versions)... What the hell am I going to do for football games??

:cry:

FM2008 is ridiculously hard imo, that's why I stopped playing it. Unless you have the time to study the mathematical side of the game like a university course you don't have a hope in hell of success unless it's with the top sides. Imo it's about time they introduced difficulty levels if it's going in this direction.

Back
Top Bottom