Football Manager 2008

Man here I was trying to setup friendlies and tours and preseason cups. Teams rejecting me left and right. Argh. I guess I'll skip the friendlies. What about starting with the first transfer window off?

you sure you have renamed all the parts of the xml because i did it ok

this is mine

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<properties version="1.0">
<string id="name" value="FM WeeGiE Update"/>
<string id="author" value="FM WeeGiE"/>
<string id="description">FM WeeGiE (www.fmweegie.co.uk) </string>
<string id="version" value="06/09/2008 EDIT v1.1"/>
<string id="required_version" value="8.0.2"/>
</properties>

And my Folder is Called "FM Weegie Update" and so is the XML

Anyone know where I can get an up to date facepack for the game?

Just a Premiership one will do

You shouldn't have to rename anything once you extract it, the folder and the database name are all different from the original Weegie update.

As long as there are no previous versions of my update in there, you just extract using WinZip (with the "use folder names" box ticked obviously) to your My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\db folder.

It won't overwrite anything and it should then show up when you start a new game. If not, you're putting it in the wrong place.

im not putting it in the wrong place
i have about 6 differnt databases in there, it just doesnt show when I load up in game, or in the data editor folder

im not putting it in the wrong place
i have about 6 differnt databases in there, it just doesnt show when I load up in game, or in the data editor folder

If you have one of CB's other updates in there - then don't you just need to download this one onto your desktop and then just rename it so - it doesn't clash?

My bad lads I didnt realise i had installed the old 1.1 version before 1.2.

now i need to rename it. Its still showing as default though and not weegie :S

spurs42.jpg

*bows* :))

Well fucking done. While Tim was pulling that win off I was getting mugged by Middlesboro

if were playing the upload screenshots game. I'll upload some of my 3rd season with my mate as blackburn (me) and liverpool (him). I just beat arsenal 5-2 (who were joint top)and west ham 5-1 and im in 6th :) 8 games to go in season 3.

HAHA good timing on the screen shot Tim!!

at the bottom:

Aston Villas poor form continues
:lmao: Classic!!!

well done tim!
any special tatic for that great win?(
Not really, to be honest I just played my normal game, just make sure your team talks are spot on :TU:

I have found a nice new background, and that changes to the ground when i play a game
My skin changes to the stadium the game is being played at when in a match too :))

Back
Top Bottom