Football Manager 2008

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Dutfish, 30 September 2007.

1. Becanes

Becanes Bundle of Energy

25 April 2002
    Atlanta via South Florida
    Hurricanes, USA, Fulham
    Is there a button that says apply for vacant jobs? If I go on holiday, will the game stop holidaying when someone offers me a job?

2. Tim7

Tim7 Retired Footballer

6 May 2003
    Gravesend
    Charlton Athletic FC
    Yes. Go on hols and before you go just look at the settings.

3. Becanes

Becanes Bundle of Energy

25 April 2002
    Hurricanes, USA, Fulham
    I checked the settings but it says come back from holiday when a high reputation club offers you a job. I just want another job in the Prem.

4. Tim7

Tim7 Retired Footballer

6 May 2003
    Gravesend
    Charlton Athletic FC
    Hmm, you might just have to keep pressing the space bar a lot then! :LOL:

5. Becanes

Becanes Bundle of Energy

25 April 2002
    Hurricanes, USA, Fulham
    I hope not...There has to be a way.

6. CW

CW C Dub Founding Member

6 October 2001
    Liverpool
    Depends how your reputation is too Becanes

7. Becanes

Becanes Bundle of Energy

25 April 2002
    Hurricanes, USA, Fulham
    I should have checked with you on this anyways, as it seems you have a lot of experience in this department. ;)) You think I can go on holiday while I am still using my computer? Just minimize the game?

8. Tim7

Tim7 Retired Footballer

6 May 2003
    Gravesend
    Charlton Athletic FC
    :lmao: PWND!!!

9. Coopz

Coopz Retired Footballer

27 April 2002
    If you go on holiday you wont be able to apply for any Jobs and they may take the Job of a shite 2nd division French team while your away

10. Becanes

Becanes Bundle of Energy

25 April 2002
    Hurricanes, USA, Fulham
    man this is going to take forever to get a job then. ARGH...

11. Becanes

Becanes Bundle of Energy

25 April 2002
    Hurricanes, USA, Fulham
    DC United offered me a job and I rejected it. Then the Reading job came available. I applied and they rejected me. Man City is under pressure and hopefully that job will come available and hopefully they don't reject me when I apply.

12. Tim7

Tim7 Retired Footballer

6 May 2003
    Gravesend
    Charlton Athletic FC
    I would say if Reading rejected you then Man City would as well :((.

13. Becanes

Becanes Bundle of Energy

25 April 2002
    Hurricanes, USA, Fulham
    That's what I was kinda thinking to Tim. So I took the QPR job. They were in 13th when I took over. Now we are in 8th and it's only the end of November.

14. Kallinn

Kallinn Viva la Rafalution !!!

4 November 2007
    Iceland
    Liverpool !!!
    I'm playing an old save wich i started many months ago. I was always quitting playing it and starting again. And for couple of months i lost the interest on fm but now i just got it back by playing this save.

I started with semi professional rep but now i can manage any team i like.:)

I started with Liverpool,<3, then after 2 years i went off to Man utd.I said no to Barca, Milan, Inter and Chel$ki amd some shitty clubs. I bought many players at Lfc and man utd. A loads of youngsters wich now most of them are leaders for they're national teams. When i was at liverpool i won ECC and World club championship and the FA Cup. But i came second both years so they decided to not renew mmy contract. And now, after playing man utd for 2 years i quitted, went to Aston Villa, said no to barca again milan, inter and newcastle and some more and decided to play with villans for 1 season. It wasnt really the fun i imagined so i resigned after 1 year with them. And now i'm unemployed with Barca, Juve, Valenca, Villareal, Zaragoza, Newcastle and Fiorentina after me. :)

So i could say that Barca have been chasing me for 3 years or so. :) I want to manage Villareal and make them one of the biggest in Europe.

More 2 come l8er.

15. Becanes

Becanes Bundle of Energy

25 April 2002
    Hurricanes, USA, Fulham
    Since everyone is playing Fifa I'm still playing FM. I have 7 games to go in the championship as QPR and I'm 13th in the table. Not going to make the playoffs this year. Need to bring in some quality players if I can. Harewood was on a rampage when I took over, then after a few games he has been in a scoring drought. Oh well.

16. CW

CW C Dub Founding Member

6 October 2001
    Liverpool
    That's because Harewood is shit

17. Becanes

Becanes Bundle of Energy

25 April 2002
    Hurricanes, USA, Fulham
    Just waiting till the end of the season to see how much moola I can spend.

18. kevano22

kevano22 TDWFYU

2 August 2003
    One of my best achievements. Took me 4 years but we did it!

Did the double over Man Utd...beat Chelsea last game of season 3-0 to take my champions league place. I was 2nd for 18 games :) Lowest position all season was 7th :)

[​IMG]

Mate scored 116 goals still couldnt win the league. With Gerrard, Silva, Kaka, Adriano, Torres, Babel, Rafinha and co!

19. Beattie

Beattie SPL

13 October 2004
    Wee bit of help required..

I'm in 2012 of a game with Rangers and just commited the cardinal sin of signing a player on a pre-contract and then when he arrives realizing that he needs a Work Permit.

Stephane Mbia is Cameroonian and a good player, so he won't go out to my feeder club in Poland obviously nor would I want to miss out on him for 3 years.

I'm paying him decent wages so not being able to play him is an irritation.

However..

[​IMG]

Is there anything at all I can do to hurry him along into becoming a French citizen meaning he wouldn't need a permit? It seems so unrealistic in the sense that he can't play so you'd think he'd become a French citizen right away?

20. kevano22

kevano22 TDWFYU

2 August 2003

Hahahah I signed Mbia and couldnt play him for 3 seasons. I sent him to Club Brugge and he finally....in my first champions league season...has a work permit!!!! Lookin forward to getting him in the team!

21. Becanes

Becanes Bundle of Energy

25 April 2002
    Hurricanes, USA, Fulham
    I'm not doing to well at the moment. After taking over at QPR I find myself in 17th at the end of Feb. I'll stay in the Champ this season but I just don't see a future here. I have no money despite QPR "should be rich". I might move on at the end of the season if I can find a better job.

22. Becanes

Becanes Bundle of Energy

25 April 2002
    Hurricanes, USA, Fulham
    Well I finished the season in 9th place. Not too bad. Went on a nice run at the end of the season. The USA national team job became available and I was hoping I could get it. I applied and they denied. Oh well. About to start the season and my board are not giving me any money to spend on transfers. They only gave me $1 million US dollars. I've only brought 1 player in on free. Some German defender.

23. Coopz

Coopz Retired Footballer

27 April 2002
    you may as well stop playing and prepare for the new one :))

24. Becanes

Becanes Bundle of Energy

25 April 2002
    Hurricanes, USA, Fulham
    I'm addicted to this thing. I'll probably play until the new one comes out or atleast until the demo comes out this weekend.