Football Manager 2008

I just feel like it's a bit cheesy.

You rollock um at half time and all of a sudden you win 5-4 after being 4-0 down.

Yeah i know what you mean, it's not always that drastic though and it does make a difference at times so I just do it.

Woo!

Last edited:
So my mate lost the league on goal differnce to Man Utd in the first season as LFC. 2nd by 3 points. End of the third season tonight and Arsenal pip him to the league on goal differnece.

I finished 7th and i beat 3 of the top 4 within the last 8 games :)

bbnurnmanu.jpg

bburnarse.jpg

bburnchelsk.jpg

Chelsea was last game of season to claim 7th :)

I used to play FM i did it intensively for a week all day long, lol. I did a season with Benfica, a couple of Transfers to fill the empty spots and won every single cup i was listed in... i got bored and stopped playing it. I really don't know why but the game just lost all its bright when i ended the season with the league, cup and CL in the poket, since then i never touched it again... any advice or ideas?..

go and do it with a minor club after taking them to victory :)

or try playing online with a friend, its a lot more fun when u have another human in the game...

not to mention that i think the game is a lot harder, im sure is just something in my head..but me and my friend(master_w11) have been very succefull playing alone offline, while we totaly suck at our online game!
Seems online our strikers forget how to put the ball in the back of the net. every game its thatsame old history where ull have 20 shots , score 1 goal and the AI team has 4 shots and 3 goals!!
thats annoying as hell.

Last edited:
What the hell do I have to do to get a job on this game? Since getting sacked in december from Livorno I have been turned down by literally 20 clubs.

Help!!!

Now that ive sorted that the update wont load? "The database failed to load" :SS

EDIT: Got it working now but cant stand the poor fake logo's anyone got a link to a pack with logos etc like the ones are being used above :))

Last edited:
It's pissed me off now!

I'm Tottenham, I won the first three league games convincingly (3-0/3-2/3-0), everything was looking peachy. 4th game is against Bolton, bottom of the league lost their three games and yet to score. Yet somehow I lose 4-1 and was 4 down at half time! Next game I lost 4-1 at home to Chelsea and after that lost 4-3 to Liverpool. Now to make things even worse I've just lost 1-0 to Hibernian in the UEFA Cup first round so thats 4 games on the bounce I've lost all because of absolutely nothing. Stupid game.

Tim, do u use the individual instructions for players? set their attacking mentality for example, if so, do u find this as "must do" ? or u think u can leave that to the team instructions and let the players decide for them selves the rest ?

Also another thing i would like to know, how do u play away games? more pace with direct passes and counter attack or slower paced with short passes and not pressing?

i keep using and not using those individual instructions..cant seem to see a real diference like in past fm's i played and successed so much.

im really struggling right now.. :(

oh, one last thing, do u think the trainning regimes can affect very much your game performce? im using the default generic trainning for everybody? is this very bad for my team??

sorry to bombard u with all this questions, maybe the others can help me too.

cheers

edit:
It's pissed me off now!

I'm Tottenham, I won the first three league games convincingly (3-0/3-2/3-0), everything was looking peachy. 4th game is against Bolton, bottom of the league lost their three games and yet to score. Yet somehow I lose 4-1 and was 4 down at half time! Next game I lost 4-1 at home to Chelsea and after that lost 4-3 to Liverpool. Now to make things even worse I've just lost 1-0 to Hibernian in the UEFA Cup first round so thats 4 games on the bounce I've lost all because of absolutely nothing. Stupid game.

i definatly can say: "i know how it feels"

sometimes just seems your strikers cant score to save their lives!

Last edited:
Tim, do u use the individual instructions for players? set their attacking mentality for example, if so, do u find this as "must do" ? or u think u can leave that to the team instructions and let the players decide for them selves the rest ?

Also another thing i would like to know, how do u play away games? more pace with direct passes and counter attack or slower paced with short passes and not pressing?

i keep using and not using those individual instructions..cant seem to see a real diference like in past fm's i played and successed so much.

im really struggling right now.. :(

oh, one last thing, do u think the trainning regimes can affect very much your game performce? im using the default generic trainning for everybody? is this very bad for my team??

sorry to bombard u with all this questions, maybe the others can help me too.

cheers

edit:

i definatly can say: "i know how it feels"

sometimes just seems your strikers cant score to save their lives!
I have every players mentality and creative freedom set individually, and then control the rest from the team instructions.

Don't really tend to change my strategy for away games, sometimes I play narrower when away from home.

I always make the same sort of training schedules as CB does, i.e. SBs, CBs, SMs, CMs, AMs, STs.

:TU:

It's pissed me off now!

I hate to say it, but its the tactics. I read a bunch of guides a few months ago, and now, when I lose, its never more than 2 goals max, even with Parma in Serie A. There are certain ways of playing against teams that won't cost you a terrible result.

But there are moments where your team plays well but just can't win, and this can go on for ages, and it annoys me.

I have every players mentality and creative freedom set individually, and then control the rest from the team instructions.

Don't really tend to change my strategy for away games, sometimes I play narrower when away from home.

I always make the same sort of training schedules as CB does, i.e. SBs, CBs, SMs, CMs, AMs, STs.

:TU:

tim, could u please post your trainning schedule?
thanx a lot m8..im trying to get back on track here..maybe the training will help

Back
Top Bottom