Football Manager 2008

So am I making the kits 08/09 friendly or not? I've got recent kits for most major leagues and all of the English leagues down to League 2.
I'm finished with it from now on, and I'm only using 08-09 kits for the EPL, so I won't use the kit changes - I know most will though so you fix it up to include all the 08-09 kit colours you want. :thumbup:

Any updates I make now will only be little fiddling things that I'll report in here. Unless someone at SI forums posts a list of missing transfers like the Dutch guy, in which case I'll just post it in here for people to decide if they can be bothered putting them in or not. It's good enough for me certainly.

Alright cool, well there's no point me doing it unless people really want it, I don't think that there would be a great deal to change really just tweaking to make it perfect but I dont mind doing it if there's demand.

England down to League Two, French German Spanish and Italian down to the second league in each. Load all players from England, but that's only because I manage Tranmere or lower and I need a few reserves, and some staff.

When I take the job I look for new staff as well as placing job adverts for all staff positions straight away, then compare the applicants to the guys already at the club. I offer mutual termination to those I want to replace.

Then I set up training schedules for CBs, FBs, CMs, WGs, AMs and STs, then find out the coach combination that gives the most stars for the seniors/reserves/YTS lads.

One thing I haven't done is change Bjorgolfur Gudmundsson and Alan Curbishley's relationship, i.e. they're not very keen on eachother, so you might find Curbishley becomes West Ham manager after a while. It's easy enough to change this in the editor yourselves.

Me and CW have just started our new network game using your latest patch, V1.2, and Keegan has been appointed new Newcastle manager! :lmao:

Bugger! The chairman's been told to hate him and Keegan hates the chairman so there's nothing else I can do unfortunately. I can make the club hate him but that's not right obviously, the fans love him...

If you're desperate to get rid of him, make a new manager called "Joe Bloggs", give him Newcastle United, then retire him from football. Newcastle will then need a new manager.

I am going to put this in my fm tomorrow.

Which folder do I put it in?

and do I need to take out the last weegie update I put in?

cheers :DD

You can have the Weegie and this Weegie update installed, that's no problem. You just can't have more than one of my updates installed at once because they've all got the same filenames.

You extract it to your My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\db directory, then when you start a new game you select "FM Weegie UPDATE" (or whatever I called it!) from the database dropdown selection list.

You can have the Weegie and this Weegie update installed, that's no problem. You just can't have more than one of my updates installed at once because they've all got the same filenames.

You extract it to your My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\db directory, then when you start a new game you select "FM Weegie UPDATE" (or whatever I called it!) from the database dropdown selection list.

I new it was easy - but I never remember because I don't update that often - thank you :DD

FM Weegie Update edited by Chris Bauer v1.2: FILECOAST MIRROR, MEGAUPLOAD MIRROR
(download is around 71mb)

DELETE THE PREVIOUS FM WEEGIE CHRIS BAUER FIX BEFORE APPLYING!

Includes all previous fixes from v1.0 and v1.1, plus the big injuries in the EPL (i.e. no little knocks included otherwise players would be out from the start of the game until September because of an injury that would only take a week to clear up).

Also includes teams not included previously such as AFC Liverpool (to see their real players you must start a new game and use the load all players from option, selecting England), and the entire lower-league pyramid has been brought up to the 08/09 season - i.e. promotion and relegation has taken place, which wasn't implemented before.

Lots of other little fixes included as well, too many to mention.

This pack includes LNC fixes by Susie (www.sortitoutsi.net).

I really truly am going to leave this alone for a bit now while Jumbo alters the kits to match the 08-09 kit packs available, otherwise we end up with two files you can't merge. I've been working on this for a solid weekend, I've got a banging headache and I haven't even played the damn game yet!

The Tranmere kit instructions still apply, if you're arsed about Tranmere and if (like me) you're using the 07-08 kits for the leagues outside of the PL.

There was a Tranmere error made by SI last year - the away kit and third kit were the wrong way around. In the Weegie update they were changed to 08-09's kits but, seeing as there are no graphic packs available with English lower-league 08-09 kits available yet (and it would be weird having the text in blue with the kit in gold), I've reverted these to what they should be. Away is gold, third is black - but in the 07/08 graphics pack you have, they will likely be the wrong way around, as nobody gives a toss about Tranmere *sniff*. To fix this, simply swap the filenames of your Tranmere away and third kits, and along with this update the game will then present them as they are in real life.

As always, if you spot any issues, let us know; even if it's just so that other people who download the database can update it for themselves.

Thanks A lot Chris I really appreciate this :DD

I'm guessing it's something to do with the missus.

When it comes to FM discs going missing, it's always to do with the missus.

Started our new game last night, CW as Aston Villa and myself as Tottenham. We both won our first games so that was pleasing. And we have continued to keep going, we've played 4 games so far, I have W2 D1 L1 and CW has W3 L1.

My last game of the night was this:

spurs21.jpg

:))

Arsenal have suffered a bit in the update - obviously.

But I have played a few games - I beat Liverpool 2-0 at home and lost 1-2 against Chelsea at home :ROLL:

I also drew 2-2 with Wigan away from home.

Lets see how I do :DD - I will probably ge the sack.

Yeah same here Bob, that's all I want from my first season, top half finish, possibly UEFA qualification, a decent cup run, and get to group stage of UEFA Cup.

As long as I'm in charge at the end of the season I predict great things for Spurs ;)).

Joe, I run with that same formation. Just not with the same arrows and I believe I came up with it myself. What a coincedence.

Did you guys start with transfers off in the first window? Do you guys play alot of friendlies?

Me too Coopz. Friendlies only serve to get players match fit, which the assistant can do swapping 10 players a game :LOL:.

Chris I cant use the update, it doesnt find it because I have already got a game set up with mate from old weegie update and dont want to delete it.

Any ideas what file names i can change to show it as a new DB?

Its when you start a new game you choose which database no matter how many Updates you have in the DB folder

just rename the weegie folder and edit the xml to the same name new name if your struggling

Back
Top Bottom