Football Manager 2008

There was a Tranmere error made by SI last year - the away kit and third kit were the wrong way around. In the Weegie update they were changed to 08-09's kits but, seeing as there are no graphic packs available with English lower-league 08-09 kits available yet (and it would be weird having the text in blue with the kit in gold), I've reverted these to what they should be. Away is gold, third is black - but in the 07/08 graphics pack you have, they will likely be the wrong way around, as nobody gives a toss about Tranmere *sniff*. To fix this, simply swap the filenames of your Tranmere away and third kits, and along with this update the game will then present them as they are in real life.

tranmerehomeor5.png
tranmereawayls0.png
tranmerethirdhq4.png

Oooh!

Don't like the socks but otherwise that's tempting - I might make a Photoshop ATN file that cuts the socks off...

FM Weegie Update edited by Chris Bauer v1.1: DOWNLOAD HERE
(download is around 71mb, server speed is around 400kb/s-500kb/s)

DELETE THE PREVIOUS FM WEEGIE CHRIS BAUER FIX BEFORE APPLYING!

Includes all previous fixes and the following; Jurgen Klinsmann now exists in the game, Manchester City's finances are now working, club and player relationships have been altered (such as Keegan disliking Wise and Paolo Di Canio taking an interest in West Ham), lots of Dutch and Turkish transfers have been added, kit colours have been fixed by Jumbo and finally several Portuguese league fixes have been applied thanks to Miguel (and The_Special_One who mentioned the league name changing!).

This pack includes LNC fixes by Susie (www.sortitoutsi.net).

I'm going to leave this alone for a bit now while Jumbo alters the kits to match the 08-09 kit packs available, otherwise we end up with two files you can't merge. Stay tuned!

The Tranmere kit instructions still apply, if you're arsed about Tranmere and if (like me) you're using the 07-08 kits for the leagues outside of the PL.

There was a Tranmere error made by SI last year - the away kit and third kit were the wrong way around. In the Weegie update they were changed to 08-09's kits but, seeing as there are no graphic packs available with English lower-league 08-09 kits available yet (and it would be weird having the text in blue with the kit in gold), I've reverted these to what they should be. Away is gold, third is black - but in the 07/08 graphics pack you have, they will likely be the wrong way around, as nobody gives a toss about Tranmere *sniff*. To fix this, simply swap the filenames of your Tranmere away and third kits, and along with this update the game will then present them as they are in real life.

As always, if you spot any issues, let us know; even if it's just so that other people who download the database can update it for themselves.

TO FIX: Create AFC Liverpool, add Cristiano's injury

Last edited:
Chris Bauer - you are a fucking legend :)).

Thank you so much for all your hard work on this update! I'm so looking forward to starting my new game later! I'm going Premiership but not sure who yet! Not a big 4 club, but probably someone pushing for UEFA Cup or Champions League spot. I'm thinking Tottenham...

Hurry up and get home CW so we can start our new game!! :DD

Chris Bauer - you are a fucking legend :)).

Thank you so much for all your hard work on this update! I'm so looking forward to starting my new game later! I'm going Premiership but not sure who yet! Not a big 4 club, but probably someone pushing for UEFA Cup or Champions League spot. I'm thinking Tottenham...

Hurry up and get home CW so we can start our new game!! :DD

I am just about to hit the road now mate, all being well I should be back by 6. Though with the roads as they are it could be anything up to 8.

I am looking forward to starting at Aston Villa

Cheers for that, was participating in that sit in shambles as SI waiting for the update. I know it was free and all that, but the whole affair went a bit pete tong.

I'll be updating this within two hours, there's several injuries missing and a few other errors spotted this morning. Jumbo hasn't started fiddling with it yet I HOPE so I'm going to shove them in while I've got the chance. Stay tuned.

Last edited:
OK Chris i'll wait :lol:

Let me know when its up and running. I have footy soon but I'll be back around 6pm to enjoy a new game of Football Manager 2008/2009 :)

Go for it! :)

I've added AFC Liverpool now with authentic manager, players, board, stadium etc... Just going to add all the Premier League injuries now. No offence to the Weegie guys but they've left so much out.

FM annoys me, I would love to play as United but I now it would be to easy and Id end up winning the league etc straight away, Someone give me a random Prem team to play with.

Go for it! :)

I've added AFC Liverpool now with authentic manager, players, board, stadium etc... Just going to add all the Premier League injuries now. No offence to the Weegie guys but they've left so much out.
We're not worthy! :WORSHIP:

Thanks a million mate, me and CW will be using your update once you've posted it for our new game :)).

Bloody hell fantastic work from everybody involved. :))

Just one thing I noticed you said the Everton Away was yellow.

It's actually grey, the yellow one is the 3rd kit.

Not that it matters at all tho sterling efforts. :COOL:

Must be a Europe server that Filecoast, as it goes well fast for me! Can't wait for this final update from CB! :DANCE:

Right, I've only added the serious injuries - otherwise you'd have guys who have picked up minor niggling injuries out from July to September, which is wrong. So things like torn muscles and broken bones are in, and things like Gerrard's operation and Ronaldo's ankle problems keeping him out until late September, but guys like Torres who started for Liverpool in pre-season and in the first few games don't have their niggling muscle pulls that will only keep them out for a week anyway. Otherwise they'd be injured for three months with it.

Does that make sense? :eh:

I'm not a doctor and as sometimes the injuries as described on The Physio Room don't match the SI database, I've had to use creative guesswork on occasion to pick the one that should make the injury last the appropriate amount of time. If anyone spots any issues then do please let me know - I've only altered injuries for the EPL clubs so that's where to look.

The big changes in this update are the above injuries and AFC Liverpool being added, along with a few other niggles fixed from the SI forums. I really, really am leaving it alone now until Jumbo edits the 08-09 kits etc, I promise. ;)

Upload starting now.

JB, can you upload to Megadownload as well. That filecoast goes bloody slow for me. And I'll start with Fulham once again.
You'll have Julian Gray :LOL:!!!

Also, CB, you are a legend :)) I'll be starting a new game once I download this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom