Football Manager 2008

I always play with a large database, for a European based game I usually choose England, Spain, Italy as playable from 2-3 leagues down, sometimes France and Germany too (if not I have them on view only) and then I have 'Load all players from...' Argentina, Brazil, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Finland and places like that where there are some good players who wont get loaded into the game otherwise.

I have the following:

England - Blue Square Conference
France - National
Germany - 3. Bundesliga
Holland - Erste Divisie
Italy - Serie C1
Spain - Segunda B

Database size Medium

I've had a look at the lower leagues and he hasn't updated them at all below the Conference North/South. I know people don't play down there but it's really bad and it screws up promotion/relegation in the end.

Sorry lads, give me an hour to fix this mess. Don't blame me. :(

Done.

So that people understand what I was doing and the amount of work involved, and the amount that was missing... CLICK HERE

Groups 8, 9 and 10 (the ones that are included anyway) of that pyramid were 07/08 details. I've updated them all now. All teams are in the correct place, along with some teams being added that weren't in the database before (such as the aforementioned AFC Liverpool, AFC Blackpool, Norton Sports, I could go on).

Just going to test it in FM for a minute, then I'll upload it.

FM Weegie Update edited by Chris Bauer v1.2: FILECOAST MIRROR, MEGAUPLOAD MIRROR
(download is around 71mb)

DELETE THE PREVIOUS FM WEEGIE CHRIS BAUER FIX BEFORE APPLYING!

Includes all previous fixes from v1.0 and v1.1, plus the big injuries in the EPL (i.e. no little knocks included otherwise players would be out from the start of the game until September because of an injury that would only take a week to clear up).

Also includes teams not included previously such as AFC Liverpool (to see their real players you must start a new game and use the load all players from option, selecting England), and the entire lower-league pyramid has been brought up to the 08/09 season - i.e. promotion and relegation has taken place, which wasn't implemented before.

Lots of other little fixes included as well, too many to mention.

This pack includes LNC fixes by Susie (www.sortitoutsi.net).

I really truly am going to leave this alone for a bit now while Jumbo alters the kits to match the 08-09 kit packs available, otherwise we end up with two files you can't merge. I've been working on this for a solid weekend, I've got a banging headache and I haven't even played the damn game yet!

The Tranmere kit instructions still apply, if you're arsed about Tranmere and if (like me) you're using the 07-08 kits for the leagues outside of the PL.

There was a Tranmere error made by SI last year - the away kit and third kit were the wrong way around. In the Weegie update they were changed to 08-09's kits but, seeing as there are no graphic packs available with English lower-league 08-09 kits available yet (and it would be weird having the text in blue with the kit in gold), I've reverted these to what they should be. Away is gold, third is black - but in the 07/08 graphics pack you have, they will likely be the wrong way around, as nobody gives a toss about Tranmere *sniff*. To fix this, simply swap the filenames of your Tranmere away and third kits, and along with this update the game will then present them as they are in real life.

As always, if you spot any issues, let us know; even if it's just so that other people who download the database can update it for themselves.

Last edited:
So am I making the kits 08/09 friendly or not? I've got recent kits for most major leagues and all of the English leagues down to League 2.

The FileCoast download was going really slow for me, thanks for the MegaUpload mirror CB :)).

Cheers, great work mate.

Back
Top Bottom