Football Manager 2008

You're going big sides though Milanista, I'm going Tranmere in League One or Vauxhall Motors in the Conference North. With those kinds of teams it's ridiculously hard - it's got to the point where I actually hate having to play the matches because I know the result of every game. You beat the poor teams (or draw if they manage a 96th minute "stunner") and lose against the big teams, the quality of the players (and the quality of player you can attract being such a low club) dictates it.

Credit to SI for the realism but it's just not fun getting beat week in week out with little variation. Who wants to play a game where you get relegated each time?

You're going big sides though Milanista, I'm going Tranmere in League One or Vauxhall Motors in the Conference North. With those kinds of teams it's ridiculously hard - it's got to the point where I actually hate having to play the matches because I know the result of every game. You beat the poor teams (or draw if they manage a 96th minute "stunner") and lose against the big teams, the quality of the players (and the quality of player you can attract being such a low club) dictates it.

Credit to SI for the realism but it's just not fun getting beat week in week out with little variation. Who wants to play a game where you get relegated each time?

Just got back into this and am 'Craig Short' at Notts County.

Got hammered in most pre-season games and have just drawn 1-1 against Aldershot in my first game.

Got Carl Asaba in through the summer and he earned a permanent deal, so my hopes are pinned on him!

True, but I had to get promoted from Serie B, its been 3 seasons and I've never spent more than £7m on any player and am only signing Italians. Its ridiculous how teams get so rich so quickly in FM, imo it needs sorting. Palermo just signed Adriano and Milan just got David VIlla.

Ahem! :w00t:

yeehaapi5.jpg

no cheat, I just think the form of arsenal,man utd, chelsea and liverpool was pretty shit that season haha 85 points to win the league .

Tried to get on the sigames forums. managed to remember my password after not going on there for ages. then go into the forums and I need a Sega bloody password etc.

Then find out I already have one - but can't remember it. It says it has sent me a new password but it hasn't and it won't give me a new id because it recognises my E-mail!!!!!!!! AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got a new password.

Started using a recommended formation and it worked well.

I was 7th looking like not getting in the top 4 in december.

Bought DAllesandro, Sebastian Kehl and I ended up getting 3rd and winning the champions league on Penalties against Inter :DD

Adebayor got 42 goals in 43 appearances all season in all compititions.

Good stuff :DD

To me, if you have to download someone else's tactics to win consistently ( I'm not saying anything against you Bob ;) ), it shows there's a problem with the game. I use a basic 4-4-2 and it works for a month, then fails spectacularly.

The instructions are way too over the top; the sliders make it so unrealistic. You're not going to say to a defender "close down 12, no a bit more, no a bit less"... You're either going to say, close him down, close him down when you think he's going to do something, or leave him alone he's a Tranmere player. They lead to ridiculous effects, just because you're a number too high here and a number too low there.

It's spot on in FM Live, you start off with a very limited slider for most tactical options and that's how it should be. I'd love that game, if only it was real teams... I'm not really into fantasy football. :(

I got a new password.

Started using a recommended formation and it worked well.

I was 7th looking like not getting in the top 4 in december.

Bought DAllesandro, Sebastian Kehl and I ended up getting 3rd and winning the champions league on Penalties against Inter :DD

Adebayor got 42 goals in 43 appearances all season in all compititions.

Good stuff :DD

VP's Arsenal Tactic?

To me, if you have to download someone else's tactics to win consistently ( I'm not saying anything against you Bob ;) ), it shows there's a problem with the game. I use a basic 4-4-2 and it works for a month, then fails spectacularly.

The instructions are way too over the top; the sliders make it so unrealistic. You're not going to say to a defender "close down 12, no a bit more, no a bit less"... You're either going to say, close him down, close him down when you think he's going to do something, or leave him alone he's a Tranmere player. They lead to ridiculous effects, just because you're a number too high here and a number too low there.

It's spot on in FM Live, you start off with a very limited slider for most tactical options and that's how it should be. I'd love that game, if only it was real teams... I'm not really into fantasy football. :(

I agree - I am going to look at this formation and then a few others of the better formations and try and work out what makes them good and try and work my own out eventually.

I just got carried away and I liked winning for a change :DD

But super tactics are just as off putting as the tactic cracking and both have the potential to make me stay away from the game.

So I agree CB :DD - The formation I am using at the moment is a bit away from a super tactic, but it is still very good. I just don't understand why this formation has less chance of being cracked than one I have made up, that initially worked well? - strange.

Ahem! :w00t:

yeehaapi5.jpg

Bloody nice work Joe! Can I ask who won the FA Cup and Carling Cup? Because I'm just curious as to how the UEFA Cup qualifiers are decided. I think it's like this:

1st-4th: Champions League
5th + FA Cup Winners + Carling Cup Winners: UEFA Cup

Right, so, if the FA Cup and Carling Cup winners finish in the top 4, i.e. Chelsea/Man Utd for example, that would mean that extra places in the league go to UEFA Cup spots? i.e. 6th & 7th place would go to UEFA Cup?

No

1st to 4th is the CL and 5th and 6th are the UEFA cup

2 places in the UEFA goto the winner and if they qualify for the CL the runners up of the cups go into the UEFA cup

No

1st to 4th is the CL and 5th and 6th are the UEFA cup

2 places in the UEFA goto the winner and if they qualify for the CL the runners up of the cups go into the UEFA cup
Ah right, what about if the FA Cup final is between two teams who have qualified for the CL?

I think then both teams of the other cup fixture get a UEFA place

if its not that then it must drop down to 7th

got it

"As Manchester United and Chelsea were both already guaranteed qualification for the UEFA Champions League, the UEFA Cup entry for the FA Cup winner/runner-up went instead to the highest positioned Premier League team who hadn't already qualified for Europe; Bolton Wanderers."

My football knowledge amazes me sometimes ;)):LOL:

Well I suck. 18th in the table in Feb. No one will come to my team. I got Thomas Kuscak on loan from Manu but that's it. ARGH. Just need to get 17th and maybe I can spend some money in the off season.

I put this on again last night, couldn't resist. The older FIFAs are awful now that I've played the FIFA 09 demo, PES drives me insane (see Tim's sig) and I need a sports game - I've finished Tiger Woods 09 now (well Tiger Challenge anyway), the most infuriatingly shit golf game I've ever played in my life. It makes me want to kick the shit out of a pig.

Anyway, after losing three times in the league, I was about to turn the PC off, when I saw that we were going to play Premier League Fulham in the cup. So I thought, let's get that out of the way, should be a laugh... And I won 2-0.

The game is ridiculously random. I can't beat league teams with these guys but I can beat a Premier League side fielding 90% first-team players (such as Gera)? Come off it.

I know it happens in real life occasionally but it doesn't make for a fun game. Your players play like retards in the league, then play like you know they're supposed to in the cup. ARGH.

Well going off that JB, I played Scunthorpe in the Cup away. (I'm Fulham) I lost 2-0. However I must have pressed a combo of buttons and shut down the laptop by mistake (really it was a mistake, I always accept my defeats). I get caught back up to that same game and this time I draw 1-1. Atleast I didn't lose. Playing them at home now, I think I have to win this, I am comfortable favorites. I was wrong. Lose 0-1 It's like the computer had me losing this Cup tie regardless. It just took one more game to lose. But I am still having fun with the game.

It's like the computer had me losing this Cup tie regardless.
Exactly why I stopped playing PES and exactly why I have stopped playing FM as well, which is a shame. I'm not going to download tactics etc. just to make the game work as it should.

Like I said though, I'm still having fun with FM. I just need to bring in some new blood. If I don't spend any transfer money this season, will that money add to what I should be getting next season?

Back
Top Bottom