Fight Night Champion

Problem I had with fnr4 versus fnr3 is in 4 I could not do big knocout punches and big hits often whereas fnr3 I could.

Saying that I only played fnr4 for a few days but got bored.

Originally I wanted ppl to send me a private message if they wanted my sim sliders for Fight Round 4. However, fight night champion is just around the corner so I'll go ahead and put my sliders for round 4 in this thread. These sliders were designed for offline play vs the computer and human vs human bouts.

Fight Night Round 4
Difficulty: Champion
Length of Rounds: 2 minutes
Rounds: 12
Saved by the Bell: Off
3 Knockdown Rule: No

Referee Foul Awareness: 10
Referee Damage Awareness: 0
Boxer Power: 10
Boxer Speed: 0
Boxer Physical Damage: 10
Boxer Toughness: 10
Boxer Accuracy: 0
Boxer Stamina: 0
Counter Punch Window: 0
CPU Offensive Awareness: 10
CPU Defensive Awareness: 10
CPU Punch Output: 5

Originally I wanted ppl to send me a private message if they wanted my sim sliders for Fight Round 4. However, fight night champion is just around the corner so I'll go ahead and put my sliders for round 4 in this thread. These sliders were designed for offline play vs the computer and human vs human bouts.

Fight Night Round 4
Difficulty: Champion
Length of Rounds: 2 minutes
Rounds: 12
Saved by the Bell: Off
3 Knockdown Rule: No

Referee Foul Awareness: 10
Referee Damage Awareness: 0
Boxer Power: 10
Boxer Speed: 0
Boxer Physical Damage: 10
Boxer Toughness: 10
Boxer Accuracy: 0
Boxer Stamina: 0
Counter Punch Window: 0
CPU Offensive Awareness: 10
CPU Defensive Awareness: 10
CPU Punch Output: 5

Can you tell me how this changes the game?

cheers

Tried the game, pure nonesense, arcade all the way. Has good graphics and a nice, interesting, although short story-mode.

But the fighting-gameplay is bad, real bad, it's far too easy, punches don't have any power, opponent shows no reaction, it devolves quickly into a slug-fest because fighting from a distance is not possible. Stamina plays nearly no role, I mean, what the hell were they talking about in the videos before the game was completed, all that stuff about four stamina-zones... bullshit, it has nearly no consequence, stamina gets refreshed very quickly.

Blocking is being automated, you don't need to choose between high or low block, just block and the fighter adapts to where the hits come in...

It's really aweful, the only saving grace is the five-hour-story-mode... but the fighting-gameplay is unfortunately mainstream-arcade-bs.

And Fight Night Round 3 is also not the be-all-solution, it's too slow, slower than in reality. Fight Night round 4 has the better speed, but they should have worked more on the stamina to make it more realistic and the movement of the fighters is still too tank-like there and throwing punches and other shots is too limited to preprogrammed angles, it needs much more variation..

Maybe another developer could jump in and develop something really convincing.

Last edited:
Try the sliders as mentioned

They completely changed games like Madden, 2K and other boxing games so they may do with this as well

Already confirmed the sliders are bugged/not as effective as they should be and an update is being worked on:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/60/5247593.page#12612084

Phobia said:
I received a e-mail last night.

They are looking into fixing and addressing this issue in the first update.

They found the issue.

Punch Accuracy Slider & CPU output Slider is not doing much effect.

While most the others are working better. But a "drastic" change will be made.

Thanks for the info. I don't have Champion yet so I'm not sure if my old sliders would be any good. Going to wait till the sliders are fixed before I make a purchase. I will however, provide you with some stuff that you might find useful for offline play. I'll share when I get home.

Thought I'd give it another go and have another fight or two ... been on it for a few hours now and
just done the fight where you break your right hand
and I'm enjoying it a lot more.

Thought I'd give it another go and have another fight or two ... been on it for a few hours now and
just done the fight where you break your right hand
and I'm enjoying it a lot more.

Yeah, the story-mode is really entertaining, they should just ditch the normal career-mode and expand the story-mode for the next version.

But the gameplay is imho and unfortunately aweful. I will try to use the sliders to see if it turns the game to be realistic once they have fixed the slider-issues.

they should just ditch the normal career-mode and expand the story-mode for the next version.

Hell no, the story from what I've picked up is short, contrived, full of arcade shit. I'm all for an additional story mode but the enjoyment is way more in the career mode which has a lot more depth and scope.

There's space for both, although I think I'll enjoy the story more than the career mode. The way the story is told is really well done and it just fits the game so well, surprising really.

What's weird is that the story has you doing various tasks, like fighting with one hand only, and it kinda teaches you ways to play the game as you do each task. I guess it's all in a build-up so when you get to the final fight, you'll be a lot better. And I've definitely improved as the story has gone on and I've learnt techniques.

Just waiting for the patch and slider settings, landing 95 punches within 3 mins should do more than result in some light bruising.

So it's no good currently even with slider settings changed? I was thinking of playing it now, but if it's super arcady even with slider changes I might have to wait for the patch to arrive. Will it be out soon or in weeks? Or is it not set in stone yet?

So it's no good currently even with slider settings changed? I was thinking of playing it now, but if it's super arcady even with slider changes I might have to wait for the patch to arrive. Will it be out soon or in weeks? Or is it not set in stone yet?

Gab, this is probably the worse avatar ever! :LOL:

IMO it's worth waiting for a patch, it's really arcadey right now, I'm finding myself really unconnected from it during my career mode, if that makes sense?

IMO it's worth waiting for a patch, it's really arcadey right now, I'm finding myself really unconnected from it during my career mode, if that makes sense?

Thanks, I think I'll try to wait if it doesn't take too long. But if I understood it correctly on operationsports it might not be fully corrected with a patch? But only some of it.

Well, I'll play through the story-mode which I find highly entertaining and then forget about the game cause the gameplay is aweful and obviously not to be fixed.

anyone have problems putting the xp boost code you get for preordering the game i have had two different codes and i still get the message "error check details again" i have tried it on the psn store,account manangment and the fight night store but not working HELP ?

Picked the game up Friday. The game is pretty good offline vs the cpu/human opp with my attribute edits, slider settings and tendency edits. I'll post my slider settings when I get a chance. I don't know about online. It all depends on the skill level of the guy your facing. If he's good and knows how to box you might get a good match. The default online slider settings might offset this though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Think I'd probably play the story mode then turf it.

Probably sounds a rent-job more than anything.

FD

The story mode sounds really shit, completely arcadey and contrived.

It sure is, I think I'm at the last fight and I won't try to beat the game. It's extremely arcady where you have set goals. So you know that you can never get a flash KO and basically you die if you get hit, it's gay.

It could have been ok if it was not scripted like this.

Yeah I'm on the last fight now as well, the concept of the story was really enjoyable as were most of the fights, but they went the lazy cheap way to make certain things happen such as
the fight against the Mexican where it says to avoid his body punching but basically anytime you clinch it drains your stamina, how the fuck does clinching drain your stamina? Oh wait it drains stamina because that's what they want to force on you...
and don't get me started on the last fight, we all know how lame and cheesy that is, could have done with being a lot longer
the prison fighting was quite fun and could have been built on, maybe using the fighting mechanics for fights in prison cells and showers etc. etc.

Sadly it seems they used the whole two years to work on the story as the career mode doesn't seem all that improved over previous years, bit more stamina management but it's exceptionally derped down, how does going to one PR event need a week off training FFS!

Back
Top Bottom