Fight Night Champion

Overall is this game worth getting then? I wasn't sure about the demo, didn't feel quite right but looked amazing graphically. I saw GamesTM magazine gave it 9/10.....but not as positive on here.

Also, can you still do the old gameface malarkey that you could in Fight Night 4? If so, is it more accurate than before? That was a really fun apect of the career mode last time out :))

Yes gameface is in still and you can create loads of boxers to import into your career etc.

Default gameplay is rather arcadey, tweaking the sliders it's a little better and last night they announced some of the details for the first title update:

I just wanted to start off with a huge thanks to our rabid fighting & gaming community for their constant feedback on the official Fight Night Champion Forums. The developers have been reading the feedback non-stop and working on getting out the first Title Update to coincide with the DLC package set to launch at the same time. We are still looking at locking down the exact release date and we’ll be sure to share that with you once that has been determined.

Do note, however, that we’ll be revealing all the DLC details this Friday during our Live Chat from 4-5PM PST. Click this link and enter your email to remind yourself to join us for Friday’s DLC Reveal: http://www.ea.com/fight-night/1/chat

As far as the Title Update is concerned, based on feedback from the community, here are some of the following adjustments that will be made:

Punch Accuracy Reduction: Overall accuracy will be reduced and accuracy tracking a moving target will be reduced. Users will notice lower connect percentages and a better ability to use head movement defensively.

Hit Reactions Intensity Increased: Bigger hit reactions across the board and increased punch offsetting – i.e. punches thrown off target when a boxer is hit in the act of punching.

Combination Punching Adjustments: Bigger difference in combination speed between boxers with low and high Combination Skill rating.

Improved Weave Input Detection: Reduced the instance of weaves happening unintentionally.

Health Loss Adjustment: Regular punches do more damage and combination punching is more effective.

Stamina Recovery Adjustment: Less stamina recovered between rounds.

Perfect Block Counter Window Disabled: Pending simultaneous release of Tuner Set.

Opponent Counter Freeze: Fixed a bug where the a Perfect Block would sometimes freeze the opponent’s inputs.

Late Guard: Fixed a bug where the guard went back up late if you threw more than one punch out of the block.

Please note that we are investigating pushing out a Tuner Set at the same time as the TU along with further game improvements, so please continue to provide your feedback in our forums. We hope that you’ll be pleased with the hard work the team is putting in post-launch. Thanks!

http://www.ea.com/fight-night/blog/dlc be interesting to see what the DLC is, chances are the first one will be crap, couple of boxers and some gear, won't be buying it, unless it includes Amir Khan then it might be tough to resist!

Should help to make the game a bit more sim like.

Here are my sliders. Give them a try. Been getting some great fights. Decisions, KO`s, draws, and stoppages. I`ll have new ones after the patch though.

Champion - 3 minutes
No 3 knockdown rule
Cannot be saved by the bell

Referee Foul Awareness - 10
Boxer Power - 5
Boxer Speed - 0
Boxer Physical Damage - 7
Boxer Toughness - 10
Stamina - 0
Punch Accuracy - 0
Cntr Window - 0
CPU Offensive Awareness - 5
CPU Defensive Awareness - 6
CPU Punch Output - 0

Don't you find with toughness 10 you just end up punching yourself out on the AI's face? I had it on 10 for a while and found that despite a high connect % I was getting more tired than my opponent and my punches just weren't stunning them or anything.

Shockingly (or not considering it's EA who hold their customers in contempt), the update/patch won't be out until around mid May apparently.

Don't you find with toughness 10 you just end up punching yourself out on the AI's face? I had it on 10 for a while and found that despite a high connect % I was getting more tired than my opponent and my punches just weren't stunning them or anything.

Shockingly (or not considering it's EA who hold their customers in contempt), the update/patch won't be out until around mid May apparently.

Not necessarily. There are a lot of things you need to take into consideration, specifically attributes. Sometimes you can get guys out of there real quick with toughness set at 10. 4 or 5 rounds quick if you have a hard puncher and your opponent has a weak chin. I find that the really tough guys last as long as they should. In my database anyways. EA can't even get the tendencies and best punches right for fighters. It leads be to believe that they have never seen half these guys fight. As for stamina. I've only punched myself out once. Totally my fault though. Bout went to a decision and I lost to Macho Camacho on points. I was down on points in the mid rounds, got desperate and tried to get him out of there with power punches, specifically the left uppercut (JMM's best punch). I missed more than I landed. That said, its not like I didn't have any stamina in the 12th. It was around 45/55%. I'll give you an idea of what my database looks like later 2nite.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just tested your sliders with two fights:

(I was the first boxer in each pairing)

Vitali v Arreola: I won on points, we were both punched out from about the 7th, could only throw 2 punches before needing to rest for the last 3 or 4 rounds, in the 10th I decided to lay on the ropes to try to land a good shot on him, held the power modifier and waited just using the left stick to try to dodge his punch, he threw a lazy haymaker, I dodged and countered with a power straight right, he went straight down, looked great, sadly he got back up but I won easily by 6/7/7 rounds, his face was a mess, broken nose, cut cheek etc :)

Tyson v Arreola: One punch KO in the first round for Tyson with a perfect counter power left hook :)

From my database. Licensed fighters only. Although, I have several unlicensed fighters as well. Both old-school and current pugilists.

Some Best Punches

Roy Jones - Left Hook to the Head.
Evander Holyfield - Left Hook to the Head. Near perfect punch.
Julio Cesar Chavez - Straight Right. Left Hook to the Body and Head would be a close second.
Carlos Monzon - Straight Right.
Marvin Hagler - Right Hook to the Head.
Lennox Lewis - Straight Right.
Roberto Duran - Straight Right.

Some Attributes

Heavyweight Jabs

1. Muhammad Ali: 20
2. Sonny Liston: 19/20
3. Lennox Lewis: 19
4. Wladamir Klitschko: 18

Middleweight Chins

1. Marvin Hagler: 20 - dropped just once in 60 fight career
2. Carlos Monzon: 19/20
3. Ray Robinson: 19
4. Bernard Hopkins: 19

Welterweight Chins

1. Julio Cesar Chavez: 20 - Over 100 fights. Never knocked out.
2. Ray Leonard: 20 - Never dropped at welterweight.
3. Mosley: 19
4. Dela Hoya: 18

And they finally released news about the DLC:

http://www.ea.com/fight-night/blog/dlc-details

Fight Night Champion DLC Details

You’ve been playing Fight Night Champion day-in and day-out for the past month with the demo and the full game and though you can’t get enough, you want more! Well, you’ll only have a few more days to wait as a new batch of Downloadable Content will be making their way to the Fight Night Store.

The DLC will be released on March 29th worldwide on XBOX 360, and for PS3 users the DLC will be available on March 29th in North America/Japan and on March 30th in Europe. Here are the details:

DLC: Heavyweight Legends Pack

The Heavyweight Legends Pack for 800 MS Points or $10 will include 5 of the all-time greatest boxers ever to step into the ring. Alongside the boxers in this DLC Pack we will also include the Bare Knuckle Boxing Pack at no charge. If you choose to go without the boxers and only want the Bare Knuckles Boxing Pack, you can download it for only 320 MS Points or $4.

FITNITCMPmultiSCRNjackjohnson520.jpg

· Jack Johnson
FITNITCMPmultiSCRNjackdempsey520.jpg

· Jack Dempsey
FITNITCMPmultiSCRNrockymarciano520.jpg

· Rocky Marciano
FITNITCMPmultiSCRNjoelouis520.jpg

· Joe Louis
FITNITCMPmultiSCRNfloydpatterson520.jpg

· Floyd Patterson

· Bare Knuckle Boxing Pack

Price:

· 800 MS Points/$10.00 for all items.

· 160 MS Pts/$2.00 for each boxer

DLC: Bare Knuckles Boxing Pack

· Bare Knuckle Offline Play Now

· Play against opponent with traditional rules or choose the new Old School Rules.

· Old School Rules mimics the way people used to box before the establishment of the Marques’s of Queensbury Rules. The fight is not divided into timed rounds, instead, the boxers only return to their corners for a break when one boxer is knocked down. Also, there is no judging and the winner is determined by the last man standing. Old School Rules is only available for Offline games.

· Bare Knuckle Online Ranked/Unranked/OWC

· The usual quick play online mode. Ranked games are tracked against separate Bare Knuckles leaderboards.

· Bare Knuckle Online World Championships

· Complete with separate leaderboards, belts and awards. Bare Knuckles OWC mode allows players to climb through the ranks to become the Champ.

Price:

· 320 MS Pts/$4.00 for Bare Knuckles Boxing Pack

DLC : Alternate Weight Class Pack

You’ve asked for them and you got them. We’ve also created some licensed boxers in alternate weight classes as many in our community have requested. From a Featherweight Manny Pacquiao to a Middleweight Bernard Hopkins, for 80 MS Points or $1, you can download all 8 boxers listed below.

· Featherweight Manny Pacquiao

· Lightweight Manny Pacquiao

· Lightweight Oscar De La Hoya

· Middleweight Roy Jones Jr

· Middleweight Bernard Hopkins

· Welterweight Roberto Duran

· Middleweight Thomas Hearns

· Welterweight Pernell Whitaker

Price:

· 80 MS/$1.00 for all boxers

There will also be additional content that we know you'll all love so stay tuned for that!

Please note that within Bare Knuckles mode not all boxers have agreed to have their virtual selves duke it out sans gloves. These boxers will not be available for use in Bare Knuckles mode:

· Muhammad Ali

· Mike Tyson

· Oscar De La Hoya

· George Foreman

· Joe Frazier

· Ray Leonard

· Evander Holyfield

· Roberto Duran

· Vitali Klitschko

· Wladimir Klitschko

TBH neither of the classic heavyweights or the bare knuckles interest me, I like the idea of the Alternate Weight Class Pack, maybe I'm being petty but with all the launch problems why could it not have been free? Obviously $1 is a minimal amount but it would have shown a lot of respect for us the customers who've had to put up with a lot of issues if it were free.

They missed out on lightweight Shane Mosley. An absolute beast of a fighter at that weight.

And they finally released news about the DLC:

http://www.ea.com/fight-night/blog/dlc-details

TBH neither of the classic heavyweights or the bare knuckles interest me, I like the idea of the Alternate Weight Class Pack, maybe I'm being petty but with all the launch problems why could it not have been free? Obviously $1 is a minimal amount but it would have shown a lot of respect for us the customers who've had to put up with a lot of issues if it were free.

Ea gives nothing for free nowadyas, mate. Soon even the roster updates will be payed.

I would like to be able to edit kit with sponsor names on shorts,not just on the waistband. Also PONY was a huge apparel used in boxing through 70-80-90's EA give us these things. And for those who couldn't care less about that. Bully for you.

Here are my post patch sliders. They only thing that needed to go up was CPU Offensive Awareness. Feedback is welcome.

Champion Difficulty
3 minute Rounds
No 3 knockdown rule

Boxer Power - 5
Boxer Speed - 0
Boxer Toughness - 10
Stamina - 0
Punch Accuracy - 0
Cntr Window - 0
CPU Offensive Awareness - 6 (+1)
CPU Punch Output - 0

Cool will give them a try, have been very impressed with it post patch, did a few quick fight matchups to see how it plays out with various weight classes, did one which was me Pacquiao versus AI Hatton and it played out exactly like in real life, put him down in the 1st with a perfect counter shot, knocked him out in the 2nd again with a perfect counter shot, very nice, also did a me Mosley versus AI Pacquiao, I struggled to manage my Stamina too well and it ended as a UD win to Pacquiao with me pretty gassed for the last 3 rounds, I had managed to get Manny's health down a fair bit but at the cost of too much stamina for myself, still it was an excellent fight :)

So, after patch, would you say the game is saved from the complete arcade-nonsense it was on release-day?

If so, I will give it a try again.

And what about the blocking, have they made it again like in part 3 where you had to block upside and down separately?

Yes it is IMO, it's not perfect but much better, and can be tweaked more with tunersets and such.

No it's still one button to auto block high/low.

The need to get the spamming sorted for online fights. I've had guys pressing the jab to body button which drains your fighter.

Here are my sliders. Give them a try. Been getting some great fights. Decisions, KO`s, draws, and stoppages. I`ll have new ones after the patch though.

Champion - 3 minutes
No 3 knockdown rule

Boxer Power - 5
Boxer Speed - 0
Boxer Toughness - 10
Stamina - 0
Punch Accuracy - 0
Cntr Window - 0
CPU Offensive Awareness - 5
CPU Punch Output - 0

Thanks for these slider-settings, I tried them out but they didn't work well. I fought with Mike Tyson against Eddy Chambers and regardless how many hard punches and uppercuts I threw at him he didn't get down, there was something wrong.

Punch accuracy was too low for Tyson, I had to increase it a bit to 2. Then I increased boxer power to 7 and after that Tyson was the threat he really was in his high-times.

What I like about this newest installement of the game is that the Klitschkos are there so that I can beat the crap out of them with real opponents like Hoylfield, Tyson and even Ali... great fun.

What I found often strange was the point-decisions, espescially with Tyson against Chambers, I beat the hell out of him repeatedly bringing him to the point where he was nearly going down (he then made his one arm, one arm down-defense and was able to block all punches I put on him) and he nearly never connected with me with his weak punches and yet he somehow got 10 points and Tyson only 9, which I found highly rediculous.

I literally had to knock him out to win, despite Tyson clearly dominating the rounds, there was something wrong.

The other strange thing was the referree, why doesn't he ever get between the fighters to seperate them when they clung to each other? Something missing there.

The patch improved the game but it still doesn't feel quite right, I will detail it when I had more time with the game. But at least now I'm willing to play more with it.

My latest slider-settings:

Boxer Power - 6
Boxer Speed - 0
Boxer Physical Damage - 8
Boxer Toughness - 5
Stamina - 0
Punch Accuracy - 1
Cntr Window - 1
CPU Offensive Awareness - 6
CPU Punch Output - 0

I had to bring down Boxer toughness down to 5.. to get some ko's in the sixth round.

Last edited:
Managed to find this at sendit.com for £17.99. Hopefully have it within the next week or so. :)

FD

Check out my updated fighters on boxer share. Just search by my PSN ID. You might see some duplicates. The 2nd version has an update ex) tendency, attire, or stats.

@ pepper63: usually its saddler who fights dirty in my matches, just like his real life counterpart. I didn`t notice the elbows by Wilde till you pointed it out.

Back
Top Bottom