Fight Night Champion

Re: Fight Night Champions

Very pleased to find out it was so soon, glad to hear their MMA game failed miserably, maybe they'll stick to just doing Fight Nights from now on. Trailer looked somewhat impressive but it shows nothing real from where you play so I reserve judgement.

It's a shame they're not implementing kinect in it, they came out with crap that gamers aren't fit enough, the real reason is that right now kinect uses 20%-25% of the 360's processing power so there's not enough left to make the game as pretty as is expected, what would be cool though is if all the training games were kinect compatible as training tends to be the most boring part of any boxing game, this way you could do the punch bag, speed bag, rope skipping, shuttle runs etc. etc. yourself and it'd be enjoyable (obviously giving gamers the choice to train via controller if they prefer).

Nope there never was going to be, they announced after Fight Night 4 they would start cycling it with their new MMA IP so it'd be MMA one year, Fight Night next, then MMA, then Fight Night, etc. etc. hopefully now they have dumped MMA and will do Fight Night's each year.

Nope there never was going to be, they announced after Fight Night 4 they would start cycling it with their new MMA IP so it'd be MMA one year, Fight Night next, then MMA, then Fight Night, etc. etc. hopefully now they have dumped MMA and will do Fight Night's each year.

:NONO:

Quite a brave step with the career mode, just hope it's not full of contrived fake shit like you break your hand before a fight and have to fight one handed and silly shit like that. Gonna be lots of pissed off American kids that they have to play their whole career as a black boxer.

That's only 25.

Ali
Tyson
Holyfield
Wlad Klitscho
Pacquiao
Haye
Hagler
Lamotta
Calzaghe
Winky Wright
Oscar De La Hoya
Guerrreo
Leonard
Augustus
Hatton
Lennox Lewis
Jermain Taylor
Diego Corrales
Roberto Duran
Roy Jones Jr.
Butterbean
Sonny Liston
Shane Mosley
Joe Frazier
Miguel Cotto

Oh the full list is here:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-12-09-the-54-boxers-of-fight-night-champion

1. Augustus, Emanuel
2. Calzaghe, Joe
3. César Chávez, Julio
4. Corrales, Diego
5. Cotto, Miguel
6. Donaire, Nonito
7. Foreman, George
8. Frazier, Joe
9. Gamboa, Yuriorkis
10. Guerreo, Robert
11. Hagler, Marvelous Marvin
12. Hatton, Ricky
13. Hearns, Thomas
14. Jones Jr, Roy
15. LaMotta, Jake
16. Lewis, Lennox
17. Chad Dawson
18. Monzon, Carlos
19. Mora, Sergio
20. Morrison, Tommy
21. Mosley, Shane
22. Ortiz, Victor
23. Pacquiao, Manny
24. Pavlik, Kelly
25. Paz, Vinny
26. Robinson, Sugar Ray
27. Taylor, Jermain
28. Tyson, Mike
29. Whitaker, Pernell
30. Wright, Ronald "Winky"
31. De La Hoya, Oscar
32. Holyfield, Evander
33. Hopkins, Bernard
34. Klistchko, Vitali
35. Klistchko, Wladimir
36. Liston, Sonny
37. Sugar Ray Leonard
38. Ali, Muhammad
39. Danny Jacobs
40. Erislandy Lara
41. Roberto Duran
42. Cristobal Arreola
43. Tim Bradley
44. Anthony Mundine
45. Billy Dib
46. Fernando Vargas
47. Kevin Kelley
48. Eddie Chambers
49. David Haye
50. Jesse James Leija
51. Peter Manfredo Jr.
52. Butterbean
53. Zab Judah
54. Kendall Holt

54. Crap roster, but no surprise, they're always crap, they obviously sign fighters to multi year deals which is why we get has losers like Eddie Chambers when there are a good 20 current fighters more deserving than him (for example).

Yeah, it's pretty much the same fighters every year. Very few current fighters ever make the roster. I'm not sure what happened to me and Fight Night, I played over 2000 online games on FN3, and although I felt FN4 was far superior, I never bothered with it much at all. Maybe a handful of online games at best, and 10 fights into a career. Strange.

Shockingly bad roster. :((

I would have thought Amir Khan Would have been on at the very least considering he's a world champion.

Would have liked to have seen Froch and Andre Ward aswell. I suppose these could be created though, there were some cracking ones created in FNR4.

Last edited:

Tbh I don't give a flying for the roster, I'd just pretty much prefer fake boxers tbh.

FD

I read it wrong previously and thought they'd removed career mode and it was just story mode, in fact there is both now which is awesome, a linear story mode and the usual career mode where you create your fighter and work your way to the top :)

54. Crap roster, but no surprise, they're always crap, they obviously sign fighters to multi year deals which is why we get has losers like Eddie Chambers when there are a good 20 current fighters more deserving than him (for example).

Yeah. Fair comment. Some real shit fighters in there. Ali, Leonard, Holyfield, Calzaghe (Cymru Am Byth), Tyson etc. How dare EA put such shit in there! :)

Seriously though. Looking forward to this. I love boxing games but only when played properly. Get a decent opponent and it's brilliant. Play a body spamming fool and the game is total shit. Fingers crossed hey.

Hopefully they will have mini community where there could be an EvoWeb Belt to fight for this time.

Last edited:

So I can beat your Calzaghe with Froch again? ;)

In all seriousness, I'll be getting this. Been itching for a new fighting game.

So I can beat your Calzaghe with Froch again? ;)

In all seriousness, I'll be getting this. Been itching for a new fighting game.

What console you picking it up on? Prob go 360 as hardly anybody picked it up on PS3 last time.

Yeah. Fair comment. Some real shit fighters in there. Ali, Leonard, Holyfield, Calzaghe (Cymru Am Byth), Tyson etc. How dare EA put such shit in there! :)

Don't be a douche now, break down the roster into current fighters and it's very weak.

I'll be picking it up on the PS3 again.

Don't have a live subscription/wireless adapter any more for 360 gaming. I also thought the community was decent on the PS3, there was plenty of fighters to download.

Don't be a douche now, break down the roster into current fighters and it's very weak.

Douche? Ha ha. I was joking fella (hence the smiley!) I knew what you were getting at. Only a few current fighters worth watching anyway though so not a huge deal for me.

@ Matt - I suppose I'll just wait and see what console I pick it up on tbh. Will see who is getting it first.

Only a few current fighters worth watching anyway though so not a huge deal for me.

Few? You're kidding, there are dozens of exciting fighters around the world, some old pros, some exciting up and comers, there could easily be a 50 strong roster purely of current world champions that'd be exciting, not to mention all the young fighters coming through the ranks.

Few? You're kidding, there are dozens of exciting fighters around the world, some old pros, some exciting up and comers, there could easily be a 50 strong roster purely of current world champions that'd be exciting, not to mention all the young fighters coming through the ranks.

Each to their own. Not many about that excite me.

Back
Top Bottom