Fight Night Champion

Re: Fight Night Champion: Xbox360/PS3 - Due March 01 2011

Damn I didn't get any Email from them or anything, just the confirmation of my order about 5 hours ago :(

I emailed them chasing for my code. Not sure if it made any difference though as it might have been sent anyway.

Yeah I did the same thing, as soon as my order confirmation arrived I replied back asking if I was eligible for the demo :)

I had some guy I'd never had any contact with asking me for my code last night. Never even come up against me either. Think he must have been looking through his friends list and seeing if any of their friends were playing this. Cheeky bastard!
"I'm from Holland and a massive boxing fan". I couldn't give a shit! I ain't giving the code to him! The nerve of some people. he was begging too!

Can these codes be shared anyway? Are they unlimited as the guy suggested? Can I get banned from live if I passed it on?

I would have thought they were single use???

Yeah I'd assume they were single use as well, I know there's a PS3 account being shared around so people can get the demo but nobody is doing that with the 360 right now *sobs* ;)

So if anyone with PS3 wants the demo add THEY_SAY_LM_GR8

Edit: Got it now, much thanks anonymous benefactor! I won't name you so you don't have everyone spamming your inbox with begging PMs ;)

Last edited:

Chuck us an FR if you want a game at some point.

Only just read this so it wasn't me giving my login details before anybody asks.
I wouldn't do that anyway!

Code:
http://www.multiupload.com/99YEE9OGNO
http://www.multiupload.com/0AVHF0HDFU
http://www.multiupload.com/I9B9P1YYJW

Simplest way to get it to your 360 is with a USB flashdrive, format the flashdrive in your 360, copy the content folder from your PC to the 360 ready flashdrive using Xtaf then just insert the flashdrive into your 360 and the demo will show in the game library :)

Xtaf:
Code:
http://digiex.net/downloads/download-center-2-0/xbox-360-content/apps/4046-xbox-360-usb-storage-explorer-xplorer-xtaf-v36.html

Alternatively you can just burn the content folder to the root of a DVD and that "should" also work the same :)

Got the Rocky music going on in background now too!

Can you copy from USB to hard drive on 360? Quite new to 360 so prob a silly question. I'm ingame ATM so do you have to come out of game to do it??

Yes you can copy the demo directly from your USB drive to your Xbox's hard drive (and vice versa which is how I did it) :)

Sorry, I meant can I copy music from USB to Hard Drive. Only found a way to do it from a CD. Must be missing something obvious so will keep looking.

can i still fight online with this one?

Code:
http://www.multiupload.com/99YEE9OGNO
http://www.multiupload.com/0AVHF0HDFU
http://www.multiupload.com/I9B9P1YYJW

Simplest way to get it to your 360 is with a USB flashdrive, format the flashdrive in your 360, copy the content folder from your PC to the 360 ready flashdrive using Xtaf then just insert the flashdrive into your 360 and the demo will show in the game library :)

Xtaf:
Code:
http://digiex.net/downloads/download-center-2-0/xbox-360-content/apps/4046-xbox-360-usb-storage-explorer-xplorer-xtaf-v36.html

Alternatively you can just burn the content folder to the root of a DVD and that "should" also work the same :)

Is there a tutorial or anything in this demo? I keep getting my ass handed to me as I don't know what I'm doing.

I've yet to win a round.

EDIT: Ahhh now I've found the power modifier. I've changed the button scheme aswell to remove the right stick punch control. I just can't get on with it.

First round knock out - Tyson :D!

Thanks for the links Placebo - worked a treat via USB.

Last edited:

Is there a tutorial or anything in this demo? I keep getting my ass handed to me as I don't know what I'm doing.

I've yet to win a round.

EDIT: Ahhh now I've found the power modifier. I've changed the button scheme aswell to remove the right stick punch control. I just can't get on with it.

First round knock out - Tyson :D!

Thanks for the links Placebo - worked a treat via USB.

Right stick is easy to use Matt. You only need to flick it and yeah, there is a manual showing what's what within the game. You back online with 360 or just playing single player?

Right stick is easy to use Matt. You only need to flick it and yeah, there is a manual showing what's what within the game. You back online with 360 or just playing single player?

Just single player as I don't have Live :(.

The problem I'm having with the right stick is that I'm so used to moving both sticks for FPSs that I can't resist flicking the stick. It's effecting my defence as I'm holding RT to block but accidentally flick the stick and get tagged every time. I know it sounds silly. I will get used to them eventually though when I'm not so pressurized in 3 rounds.

Looks good except that they still have those silly counter attack visual effects. You should be able to toggle them off, it makes the game look so arcady.

Looks good except that they still have those silly counter attack visual effects. You should be able to toggle them off, it makes the game look so arcady.

You can toggle them off in full game. Just change it to sim mode and voila! They are gone.

I was doing that to start with Matt but not so much now. I like that you can still punch while holding RT though so it takes you straight back to having your guard up without having to keep pressing buttons.

Yeah I'm the same I'm double punching and punching out of the block when I don't mean to, will get out of the habit soon enough though.

Visually the demo is awesome, but the slider settings they have chosen for the demo are IMO shitty arcade ones, stamina cost is way too low, power is too low, punch speed is too fast, it's like rockem sockem right now not boxing at all.

Yeah, I hope they sort a few things out too. Still, potentially this could be quality as long ad they get the balance right. Big if but fingers crossed.

Thanks for the links

Dunno what to say about the game really, i'm double punching because they punch that slow and the controls are just awkward

On the plus side it looks good..

I only tend to double ounch if I move the stick like a loon. Just need to calm down a bit and pick your shots... but then the other guys go mental and win the round. Like I said, it's only 3 rounds though so I'm preying the stamina works good over a longer period and these muppets tire themselves out!

Anyway, some gym info...

http://www.ea.com/fight-night/blog/team-up-in-the-all-new-online-gym

The biggest problem in the demo is simply that when you land a shot it doesn't throw off the opponent from landing their own shot, which is just wrong in every way. When you land clean the same time your opponent throws a shot this is what should happen:

2vta2vr.jpg

Or this...

24uw8pg.gif

Obviously they're extreme examples that end in a knockdown but basically when you land flush with a power shot it should throw the opponent off so much their own punch swings away from where it's aiming. Right now it's just rockemsockem robots with no impact being shown from the punches.

Oh dear Placebo that doesnt sound too promising. Although, it really doesnt suprise me either. Your spot on about the balancing effect though, even a jab should disrupt your opponents balance if you want realism. That's the essence of the jab, not just a range-finder. It's also the most important punch in boxing. Basics. :(

Last edited:

Yep absolutely, right now the jab seems pretty worthless, the issue has been raised massively on the EA forums so I really hope the devs can/will do something about it.

Speaking to Eurogamer, ahead of the release of the series’s latest release, Champion, producer Mike Mahar said that he doesn’t know if a mini-game or as separate complete title, if anything, will come of the work.

“Right now the best simulation experience we can give users is through a conventional controller,” said Mahar.

“I also think that most of our users don’t want to, and can’t, punch for 10 rounds. I just don’t think people are capable of it! If you’re going to make a full fighting game it might be a different experience than a Fight Night or an MMA.”

He added: “We’ve done some pretty cool prototyping. It could perhaps be a mini-game embedded in.

“Then again with how precise and how robust the movement and motion controls are now, I think we’d be doing them a disservice if we simply said that our version of a motion control game is a mini-game within Fight Night.”

Kinect/Move as optional use for the boxer's training, no fucking brainer, cannot believe nobody at EA Sports figured that out.

Back
Top Bottom