Fight Night Champion

Re: Fight Night Champion: Xbox360/PS3 - Due March 01 2011

I prey the stamina is sorted and it's not 100mph non stop body spamming punching as that killed FN4!!! Fingers crossed this is good as I love a good tactical fight.
Don't mind a bit of a tear up but not every single fight... please. Stick and move. Stick and move.

The problem is (just like football games) spamming punches doesn't get the punishment it should which would be a KO within a minutes

Well according to the stamina mismanagement video they really made punch spamming a dumb thing to do, but it's also worth considering that they've made power punches easier to pull off, not sure if I was alone on this but I never, ever managed to land a counter haymaker because the haymakers were too complex to pull off, now it's a simple case of holding down RB and throwing your punch to plant your feet and put power into your shot so blocking and countering is going to be a great strategy to use :)

The problem is (just like football games) spamming punches doesn't get the punishment it should which would be a KO within a minutes

They should implement giving somebody a dig in football games as I'd love to go up and give a greedy teammate a clip around the ear!

According to a PastaPadre report, EA is to release a demo of Fight Night Champion next Wednesday, February 2. No exact details as to what it’ll contain. More details are expected today.

Custom tournies/communities with "mates" would be good. Could have an Evo champ then.

On Eurogamer there is a small advert running for Fight Night and it says demo out 2nd February.

EA SPORTS FIGHT NIGHT
Demo has been confirmed! Fight Night Champion demo will be launching in North America on February 1st!
Three rounds, four boxers: Muhammad Ali vs Mike Tyson and Manny Pacquiao vs Miguel Cotto. And for the first time for an EA SPORTS title, Online capable for the first two weeks the demo is available! Stay tuned for exact times and date...s of the demo launch in other countries around the world!

Prob going to go down to Game and reserve his today. Just need to decide whether to get it on PS3 or 360. Swaying towards 360 as hardly any online pals had FN4 on PS3.

Prob going to go down to Game and reserve his today. Just need to decide whether to get it on PS3 or 360. Swaying towards 360 as hardly any online pals had FN4 on PS3.

Online only offer so wasted journey. I'll have to pre-order then cancel then as I prefer collecting my games as I usually miss the postie and have to collect from post office at later date.

Just read this bit as wasn't aware of it before...

Online Gyms—Create an online gym with your friends and battle it out to see who’s the ultimate champion, or turn boxing into a team sport and challenge other gyms in Rival Matches to unlock items, win trophies, and more.

Sounds good.

There's a great video on IGN of this, at the moment.

Can't link it up as I can't access the site at present. Was watching it earlier.

Can't link it up as I can't access the site at present. Was watching it earlier.

Some good ones on YouTube too.

Anyway, Bit diff to FN4 control wise so takes a little getting used to. I tried boxing and my nipper went mental and beat me but I wasnt blocking properly so hopefully it's not a slugfest for all 3 mins of rounds. Looking to get online with it later.

Good graphics. Good controls. I like the camera angle as it's nice and dynamic.
Seems like this could be really good.

I suppose the demo is showing things off so hopefully the full game will have a good stamina system.

So be back on about 10 if anybody wants a decent fight with some sticking and moving taking place.

Isn't it just a mix of stuff already released? Watched it earlier and whilst enjoyable I don't remember anything leaping out to me as "ooh that's new".

Just pre-ordered it on Game as I realised Game UK are giving out pre-order demo codes on Sunday at 4pm GMT! Hopefully I'll be included as it says it's limited :)

Damn I didn't get any Email from them or anything, just the confirmation of my order about 5 hours ago :(

I got my code at 5pm today as well (I ordered it on Wednesday).

I play 3 fights online and it is pretty good, the new punching system is much better, no more haymaker spammers! There is much more variety of punches and if you use the power modifer all the time then your stamina will go down extremely quickly. Will try it online soon.

Back
Top Bottom