Fight Night Champion

Re: Fight Night Champion: Xbox360/PS3 - Due March 01 2011

Nice elbow, the collision detection is horrific, you do what looks like a nice knockdown then in the replay nothing hardly connects, looks horrible.

Lost a fight and retires! Some Champion. Good boxer but no way a great as true champions would have come back to avenge a defeat!

Don't believe he said it was going to be his last fight when he fought Barrera so his legacy isn't as good as what it could have and should have been. Steve Robinson (in the vid) went to my school (just before my time). He looked like stone solid muscle as passed him a few times but way too slow to handle Hamed. He did great though for a local lad though and punched above his weight.

Last edited:

Ha ha. What happened there then?!

Somebody mentioned before there was Pac there was Hamed. I obviously quoted wrong thing :)

You hit the nail on the head Placebo, i was trying to figure out what the main thing was that made this game feel wrong and it is the way punches are landed and the opponent just walks through them like he hasn't been touched

I can't even recall the oppos head snapping back or moving much at all from jabs which is very shit for saying the head movement/hit detection is the be all and end all for a boxing game

punches are too fast, not powerful enough, don't cause enough damage, don't use enough stamina and don't disrupt your opponents punches at all.

i love sitting behind the jab, but it is pointless in this game. I have had some good games on the demo, but few and far between, most just end up being a slug fest (with no power in the punches).

the only saving grace will be the sliders, cause in fnr4 i managed to tweak it to how i think it should play. did a few tests with people spamming and i wiped the floor with them.

I had two fights on this. Pathetic nonsense. Never again, it's an insult to the noble art. How can EA get boxing so fucking wrong, ffs.

I've just cancelled my pre-order and going to just wait for it to come with my LoveFilm rental. Online is full of tossers anyway so might just have a bash at the single player story. I don't normally do single player but will give it a bash. Get a free weeks online pass anyway if I do fancy a bash.

I had two fights on this. Pathetic nonsense. Never again, it's an insult to the noble art. How can EA get boxing so fucking wrong, ffs.
I had a few goes on the demo, it's absolute bollocks and a disgrace to boxing.
Has there ever been a decent boxing game? I can't remember playing one...

Ever played Victorious Boxers on the PS2, Rob?

Aside from the cartoony look and the dated feel it was one of the best boxing titles on the console. I loved the weaving and dodging and it was exciting to play.

Wow. Bit of a slating, I see.

Think I'll hold off buying or even renting this for a while.

VB was horrible, I tried it after seeing people say good things, was arcade, uber fast gameplay with silly stuff like fighting a bear etc. there were some good things in it such as the depth of training and making weight and multiple belts and such but the overall implementation was silly Japanese manga.

It was fun though and was quite challenging in the later levels.

Back OT though, I haven't enjoyed a Fight Night game fully since Fight Night 2 on the PS2 (even with the overpowered haymakers). I'm hoping this game has a few tweaks before release, but I have to say I'm disappointed with how weak the punching is and how out of control I feel at times.

This game is a farce. Punches and combination's are way too fast. Moreover, the stupid counter punch window from FN4 is still there. Like WTF? The only thing that will save this game is sliders. I foresee online being a total arcade slug-fest.

Just pre-ordered this from thehut for £35.85 £2 off and 2% cashback from quidco when you use the code save2

Boxers road was a good game on Ps1, but was all in japenese so couldn't really understand it. But you had to train and eat the right food to make the wait. The fighting was good too.

I'm looking forward to this, I'll see how the punching things go, but I like the idea of this story driven side of the game.

FD

I think I've owned pretty much every boxing game since the beginning of time. Frank Bruno's Boxing, Rocco ( Rocky rip-off) Barry McGuigans Boxing (Flash Fenwick and Co. ) on the Spectrum were all classics. I enjoyed pretty much all of EA's offering's, with FN3 probably the most played. FN4 didnt really do it for me, and this one is another backwards step. I dont get what EA are up to, FN3 was an excellent platform to build from, but they seem to have gone the other way. Puzzling. :CONFUSE:

I think I've owned pretty much every boxing game since the beginning of time. Frank Bruno's Boxing, Rocco ( Rocky rip-off) Barry McGuigans Boxing (Flash Fenwick and Co. ) on the Spectrum were all classics. I enjoyed pretty much all of EA's offering's, with FN3 probably the most played. FN4 didnt really do it for me, and this one is another backwards step. I dont get what EA are up to, FN3 was an excellent platform to build from, but they seem to have gone the other way. Puzzling. :CONFUSE:
I saw FN3 the other day really cheap somewhere, I've never played it, but may pick it up if it really is better than FN4 and Champion.

EA Sports having a good base to work on and going backwards, where have I seen this before... :P

I saw FN3 the other day really cheap somewhere, I've never played it, but may pick it up if it really is better than FN4 and Champion.

EA Sports having a good base to work on and going backwards, where have I seen this before... :P

To me Fight Night 4 is the better game. I feel like I have the perfect sliders for the game both offline vs the cpu, and against a user opponent. If you end up picking up Fight Night 4 send me a PM and I`ll send you my sliders.

Just to echo above thoughts, it's far too quick, punches lack any power, fighters can be hit 100+ times per round but no damage taken, it's impossible to punch yourself out and lose any stamina unless you do power punches, fighters move around the ring too quickly and it's just an arcade-fest.

Still, nice graphics and the champion mode is interesting.

Can't be arsed messing around with sliders, just played the game as EA intended it to be played.

Well in that case you'll be playing an arcade game as that's what EA's default games are aimed at, the lowest common denominator. No offense but what's the point of complaining about speed/power/stamina issues without tweaking the sliders they implement into the game to improve those issues? ;)

Just saw sliders for Champion. Game saver in my opinion. I can make realistic fights again. Seen the stats. Some of them are way off and in need of an adjustment.

Back
Top Bottom