FIFA10 Screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, totally agree Dags. Also, stamina has to play a MUCH more important role. At the moment you get teams constantly pressuring the whole pitch and it doesn't affect them so they continue to do it all game.

I hope they have day/night games in MM, and hope they have fixed the camera so that you can see the rain from the normal gameplay cameras.

Like I've said before. I think the pitch should be bigger as well. With all the things you and Dags have said would have a good impact on the game especially online.

The Management Mode is awesome news but i hope they take the authenticity levels to Night European games, Proper Final venues and Realtime weather effects.
But the game sounds amazing so far like a lot of ppl on here i Played the Masterleague the most and the slowness of proper and obviuos improvements has been a nightmare bring Back the good old days of SWOS with current gen footy games please :)

360degree dribbling sounds awesome and I hope it wasnt at the expense of animation...the thing that bothers me most with the PES series is how the devs at konami are so willing to speed up animations or have them cut abruptly to improve response times

Edit: what's with the added bloom effects in those screenshots?? :LOL: But yeah, looks pretty good technically, as always....

Last edited:
360degree dribbling sounds awesome and I hope it wasnt at the expense of animation...the thing that bothers me most with the PES series is how the devs at konami are so willing to speed up animations or have them cut abruptly to improve response times

Edit: what's with the added bloom effects in those screenshots?? :LOL: But yeah, looks pretty good technically, as always....

I think the thing that has annoyed me most about FIFA is that the game is too busy finishing extravagant animations to respond in time during close quarters play. The only thing PES gets wrong in this regard is that the animations look far too robotic and stiff. This will never be truly fixed until a naturalmotion-esque animation system is used in FIFA(/PES).

Don't know about that. To have perfect response times you have to cheat. You can compare a football game as the same if you in real life has a headset on running around with a football. And then someone screams in your ear: "do this now!" and if you're not lucky enough to have the ball just where it needs to be, you will have to delay the action a little. When you in football decide for yourself what to do you will always be able to set up/adjust just slightly beforehand, and this is impossible in a game because it have no idea what you're planning to do next.

Dunno who that's in response to, but yes. That's exactly why PES is right to sacrifice 100% completion of animation in favour of doing what you ask it to do next, and why naturalmotion would mean you could cut animations short/speed them up believably and cohesively (unlike PES). While you cannot really cut out the (at best) doubled reaction times when having to convert thought to button to response (not until brainwaves become controls), real footballers can at least do this.

Producer David Rutter bevestigde dat in FIFA 10 alle stadions van de Engelse Premier League in het spel zitten.

Emirates Stadium (Arsenal F.C.)
Villa Park (Aston Villa)
St. Andrew's (Birmingham City)
Stamford Bridge (Chelsea)
Goodison Park (Everton)
Craven Cottage (Fulham)
Anfield (Liverpool)
City Of Manchester Stadium (Manchester City)
Old Trafford (Manchester United)
Britannia Stadium (Stoke City)
White Hart Lane (Tottenham Hotspur)
Upton Park (West Ham United)
DW Stadium (Wigan Athletic)
Molineux Stadium (Wolverhampton Wanderers)

Source: Wikipedia

Seems a bit odd that Molineux would be in when Wolves have only just been promoted, they're not exactly dead-certs to avoid the drop at the end of the season either...

Last edited:
Don't know about that. To have perfect response times you have to cheat. You can compare a football game as the same if you in real life has a headset on running around with a football. And then someone screams in your ear: "do this now!" and if you're not lucky enough to have the ball just where it needs to be, you will have to delay the action a little. When you in football decide for yourself what to do you will always be able to set up/adjust just slightly beforehand, and this is impossible in a game because it have no idea what you're planning to do next.
I fully agree, and that's along the lines of what I normally say when people complain about response times in FIFA.

I also agree with what you said about how much 360° movement would improve the game - some people seriously underrate how important it is, i'm sure they will see what we mean when they play it.

Don't believe wiki. I could edit that page right now and change it so it reads that the only stadium in the game this year is the reebok stadium. All the rest have had to be removed due.

Dunno who that's in response to, but yes. That's exactly why PES is right to sacrifice 100% completion of animation in favour of doing what you ask it to do next, and why naturalmotion would mean you could cut animations short/speed them up believably and cohesively (unlike PES). While you cannot really cut out the (at best) doubled reaction times when having to convert thought to button to response (not until brainwaves become controls), real footballers can at least do this.

Oh you mean like that, I guess it might be possible, but I don't think so. The transition might be a little better but you still have the same problems. Just because the animation doesn't just cut, but speed up a lot doesn't mean it will really look that much better. I mean if it will try to simulate the exact same response time. Because FIFA has a inverse kinematics system already which is why it looks so smooth. That's why they don't have the same animation system on PC FIFA because they want super old PCs to run it and for old PCs it is cpu intensive.

I say that if we want perfect animations we always have to sacrifice in response times because of what I mentioned in the earlier post.

Surely that HAS to be in? There'd be no excuses this time if they couldn't put this in.

Hope so, but they have had stadiums with different times (day/dusk, day/night). So if they havent added night lighting to every stadium then they should atleast make the game go from day to dusk for the "night" games.

Oh you mean like that, I guess it might be possible, but I don't think so. The transition might be a little better but you still have the same problems. Just because the animation doesn't just cut, but speed up a lot doesn't mean it will really look that much better. I mean if it will try to simulate the exact same response time. Because FIFA has a inverse kinematics system already which is why it looks so smooth. That's why they don't have the same animation system on PC FIFA because they want super old PCs to run it and for old PCs it is cpu intensive.

I say that if we want perfect animations we always have to sacrifice in response times because of what I mentioned in the earlier post.

Yup, there's always going to be problems (or at least, it'll be a long time before this is completely nailed).

Ultimately it's a question of which you think is more important - players completing mo-capped animations or the gameplay being as responsive as possible. There's a balance that has to be struck, but personally I'd rather have players that transition from one animation to another quickly so you get the pass away (as a real player would do if they felt they had to cut short a stepover to flick the ball away). FIFA 08 was poor at this, and FIFA 09 was ok but not great. PES 5 and 6 seemed to get the balance right, as far as old-gen gaming goes; combined with the 100% straight and robotic passing system, PES 08 and 09 just don't look like real football at all.

I hope oFifa09o doesn't see this thread and turn it into a PC version moaning shitfest...

I know, I wasn't replying to your post, it just reminded me about how other threads have ended up...

Hope so, but they have had stadiums with different times (day/dusk, day/night). So if they havent added night lighting to every stadium then they should atleast make the game go from day to dusk for the "night" games.

I'm hoping EA finally allow day/dusk/night games and full range of weather conditions at all stadia.

And another thing.........I'm going to be pissed off if EA don't sort out the night lighting in Fifa10. Some pitches are so dark during night games that they are almost unplayable, yet the night-lighting was spot on in the Euro2008 game. I really want to see a screenshot to see if this has been rectified.

Realistic MM is a huge step forward but there is so much to sort out in the gameplay department its difficult to imagine its going to be "that" superior to 09.

Ball physics need an overhaul. Far to floaty with long range shooting and passing that lacks pace and weight.

Corners, throw-ins and free kicks need far more invention and the crossing is pretty much pot luck.

I find goal scoring to be repetitive which stifles the enjoyment and wow factor about 50 games in,I don't get the feeling of flowing moves that pes simulated so well in the OLD days.

I hope they also sort out weather effects, proper regionalised crowd effects and atmosphere. Night games should resemble the correct wattage as seen in grounds anywhere. The night games seem to have lighting powered by 4 AA batteries and hinders the atmosphere.

Nets are still not slack enough but better than they have ever been. I'd like to see more variety in the foreign ground.

It's the first time this year that I am going to rent first because 07, 08, 09 I ended up trading in, renting again and then continually falling out of love with the repetition.

I hope it is great but then we say that every year

I find goal scoring to be repetitive which stifles the enjoyment and wow factor about 50 games in

IMO that's mostly down to the crappily high defensive line which results in 90% of goals being 1v1's, modifying the AI's defensive lines helps a bit if you play MM, but at the end of the day if they fix this in Fifa10 you will automatically see a higher percentage of the other types of goals.

IMO that's mostly down to the crappily high defensive line which results in 90% of goals being 1v1's, modifying the AI's defensive lines helps a bit if you play MM, but at the end of the day if they fix this in Fifa10 you will automatically see a higher percentage of the other types of goals.

That's a fair point actually. The line is far too high and its always looking for the through ball or relying on pace that makes it all a bit samey.

I think I have heard them talking of correcting this so fingers crossed

I agree the lines could be a little high but mostly the 1v1's is because the defender doesn't cover the space. They kind of stops and then run at the ball instead of running to the space between the ball and the keeper, resulting in always ending up behind the player with the ball.

Two of the points addressed in the french magazine was this though so I'm pretty sure it wont be this bad next year.

Realistic MM is a huge step forward but there is so much to sort out in the gameplay department its difficult to imagine its going to be "that" superior to 09.

Ball physics need an overhaul. Far to floaty with long range shooting and passing that lacks pace and weight.

Corners, throw-ins and free kicks need far more invention and the crossing is pretty much pot luck.

I find goal scoring to be repetitive which stifles the enjoyment and wow factor about 50 games in,I don't get the feeling of flowing moves that pes simulated so well in the OLD days.

I hope they also sort out weather effects, proper regionalised crowd effects and atmosphere. Night games should resemble the correct wattage as seen in grounds anywhere. The night games seem to have lighting powered by 4 AA batteries and hinders the atmosphere.

Nets are still not slack enough but better than they have ever been. I'd like to see more variety in the foreign ground.

It's the first time this year that I am going to rent first because 07, 08, 09 I ended up trading in, renting again and then continually falling out of love with the repetition.

Brilliant post mate. I completely agree with everything you said. Lets just hope EA have listened and sort out these issues for FIFA 10.

I don't see crossing as pot luck - at least not on semi-assisted. Though I do tend to have to cross deep to the back post because the double/triple tap system is, well, ok, pot luck. Asking people to charge up a power bar when double tap resets the power back to 0 rather than accumulating as in PES is a bit much. Otherwise though, I think deep, lofted crosses are far more satisfying than in any other football game. There's little in the game as exciting as the way the ball swerves and arches through the air as your striker peels away from the centre back and then cranes his neck, Messi-like (:(), back to head at goal. Even when a defender just about manages to get a follicle to the ball and clears from danger, the anticipation as the ball drops is palpable and often has me on the edge of my seat.

There does need to be more weight to the ball in general though, which would help increase the pace on headers as well. I'm sure one of the things that came out of the leak was that it was easier to switch the play because long balls were faster? Hopefully they're faster coming down as well as going left to right!

very true mate it, you stoled my mind:)
yes it does feel very predictable & repetitiv when you score, but that has been a problem always in fifa, once you find that sweet spot then u will score 9/10.

totally agree about the ball physics, the ball in fifa doesn't feel like you actualy controlling a football ball, its very light and slow especially when you cross it, its just doesn't have the right weight, and the responssivnes time it doesn't help to give you the ball feel.

in fifa09 they implemented a great varieties of skills to perform in the game, the animation look great and all but, only few tricks where working, it didn't feel like you had much control with it, especially the fact that you could never beat the worst gk in the game ,with any of those skillz, it made it very fustrating and unrealistic and trust me i am pretty good at using the trick stick but beating the keeper was impessible.

beating the keeper one on one, by changing direction in the last minute when he dives in front of you, then you go to the emty net, is very satysfaing goal, or have a fake shot so he dives earlyer, then have another shot, or he fouls you and he get send off with a red card.
this little things will open the game alot, and will have more exciting score variations.
all those 1 on 1 situation happen very often in real football match, hopefully we will see this happening this time around in fifa2010

there is something ealse i would like to see, skilled players should do dribble sometimes, when i play against cpu al.

dribbling 360 movment its really a massive news, and now being able to beat the deffenders with just changing direction and speed (just like in old pes)it will open the gameplay so much, but again before moving to bringin something new, i would like ea to fix the problems the dribbling already have.
i guess we all have to wait and see very soon what have been done with the new dribbling and the game in general

---------------------------------------------------------
sorry for my poor spelling:COAT: english is my 3d language

I'm still not convinced about anything (the 360 movement thing does nothing -- I'm pretty sure it will, like always, only be on the NG platforms).

Couldn't agree more.

On the subject of repetitive goals it probably is a result of the high line that defences play. However if defences sit deeper it then forces the player to shoot from range more often, which ties in with your first point; floaty ball physics. Shooting in Fifa is is one of the game's poorest aspects in my opinion due to the ball lacking weight, and long range shooting is almost pointless as it is now. I really hope EA address this.

Couldn't agree more.

On the subject of repetitive goals it probably is a result of the high line that defences play. However if defences sit deeper it then forces the player to shoot from range more often, which ties in with your first point; floaty ball physics. Shooting in Fifa is is one of the game's poorest aspects in my opinion due to the ball lacking weight, and long range shooting is almost pointless as it is now. I really hope EA address this.

I can't quite put my finger on it but as soon as the ball is struck (especially when the player falls to one side when shooting quickly) it all seems detached from real world gravity.

I think everything combined seems to contribute to the excessive floaty feeling of the situation ie animation, the physics themselves, camera pans and response.

Even now (in several step backwards) Pes has far superior ball physics and this tends to give a real sense of power when shooting and scoring (but please lay off the PES V FIFA debate for another thread)

I'll be over the moon if they have added more animation, improved ball physics, response times, increased the atmosphere as stated, improved character models and made MM ultra realistic.

Fingers crossed

Yea....the smoothness in FIFA's gameplay animations is attributed to not only the IK system but the dev's access a large library of motioncaptured animation assets. Its the one reason why my bets are on EA coming up with the better footie game than Konami for the unforseeable future.. if you look as far back as FIFA94, you'll know their games never really veered off from the heavy emphasis on animation...they've gone from keyframing to mocapping, and finally in FIFA07, the tech has finally caught up and they were able to put their mocap ibrary to good use by pairing it up with other key features they've since introduced like IK, footplanting, momentum etc (though i gotta point out, there was this one time where I saw IK being used to the extreme..for eg. a player's leg extended at a ridiculous angle just so the feet can reach the ball...lol weird).

Most animations already transition nicely into each other...though you'd still get the odd animation of a leg swinging back to line itself up for a pass or shot. I also think more people need to realize that being efficient as a player doesn't mean being more responsive (gotta factor in how you hold the ball, trapping, etc) and that responsiveness is something that's not constant in a real game of football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom