FIFA10 Screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoops.....looks like the NDA's have kicked in again as the links are no longer valid!

If it's done right I think it will be great, I'm just not sure how it will effect other parts of the game, I would have been happier if they had come out and said 360 movement rather than just 360 dribble TBH and it better be speed limited, but It's a step in the right direction.

What jacks me off more than not getting the angle is having to wait for a set animation to run while the AI seems to have no such limitation...

Yeah but the word dribble is what they use for when you have the ball, just jogging normally, so it must be the same as saying 360 movement.

The current system is speed limited so I don't see why they would change it. It's not like you will be able to turn in a perfect circle. It's just like it is now but you will actually go in the direction you hold after the player nod the ball forward.

I read that people say it will be like ice hockey but they don't understand what 360 movement means, it's nothing like that. You can only turn after the foot hit the ball.

Yeah but the word dribble is what they use for when you have the ball, just jogging normally, so it must be the same as saying 360 movement.

The current system is speed limited so I don't see why they would change it. It's not like you will be able to turn in a perfect circle. It's just like it is now but you will actually go in the direction you hold after the player nod the ball forward.

I read that people say it will be like ice hockey but they don't understand what 360 movement means, it's nothing like that. You can only turn after the foot hit the ball.

I hope you are right, it's a pretty big leap... ;)

yeh i associated the word dribble with any movement. in fifa09 dribbling was just moving with the ball.

this will totally eradicate the repetitive goal syndrome that many footy titles suffer from. in essence we now have free-reign of the entire pitch. matches will look very realistic with individual player movement speeds too.

the last game 09 was very good but got repetitive imo. this time they may just be close to nailing it. we're getting close to the point where we are just wanting boot additions and hairstyle just like when konami reached their peak in Pro Evo 6 on PS2.

i cannot wait for this winter. this will be the winter of the best football games ever if konami really have woken up from their 3 years slumber.

i hope the defenders have 360 tackling cos it would be quite frustrating to see the ball carrier run past cos you cant physically get to them

Don't think it has been posted, here are some translated things from the magazine. Found on the official boards, don't know how real or not they are because I don't know French at all. Does sound fucking brilliant if it is true though.

-The training mode is back to help new players.
-The passing is more precise and players will throw themselves at the ball to clear it with a header.
-The ball physics have been improved.
-In Career, to sign big players you have to meet certain criterias, you have to have a certain prestige at your club, whether you'll qualify for Europe, and how good you are as a manager.
-Age is now a crucial factor with the players.
-AI is improved so the computer players will now cover open spaces.
-There's a new dribbling system, players can change direction quicker.
-Defenders are smarter and will do everything to stop you.
-Game speed has been slowed down to stop incessant attacking and defending.
-Attacks have to be built up alot more than in previous installments.

Hope this helps, some of the text is quite small but I got most of the important details.

Sounds similar to what Mr.Patterson was saying in the video. I also think that the 360 dribbling applies to the movement of players. Glad to hear ball physics have been improved again. In FIFA 09 long range shots still feel weird. Even with a great striker there is no 'ping' to them.

What was the training mode like previously?

-Defenders are smarter and will do everything to stop you.
I hope this includes their general positioning and the line that they keep.

You could knock the ball on (right stick) in more than 8 directions in FIFA 09. Also, defenders could move in more than 8 directions; it just wasn't really 360 degree freedom.

In short, this is obviously going to be for movement as a whole and not just for running / dribbling. One thing people might not have considered is that this will be a major plus for getting people to use semi-assisted shooting/passing. In FIFA 09 it was hard to gauge whether the direction you were pressing was accurate because, if you were holding the left stick at, say, 80 degrees, the player would still move in the exact same way as if you were holding the 90 degree direction. So you can't tell how good your aim is if you're about to shoot. Consequently, missing a series of sitters tends to discourage you from experimenting. In FIFA 10, if you're holding 80 degrees, the player will move in that direction, so you become a lot more comfortable with the idea of using the increased freedom.

Personally I'm almost as excited by the idea of players moving around the pitch at different speeds. Hopefully that includes player controlled players, not just AI. My defending has tended to suffer because of how difficult it is to hold your position without losing momentum and becoming flat-footed.

I hope you are right, it's a pretty big leap...

Didnt they have it up a running for 09 but they decided that it was too "loose" for most players? Im sure Ive read that somewhere, maybe now, after viewing the manual statistics, theyve decided that enough people are used to it to go the whole hog.

Yeah they did comment on it. But the one I read they said they couldn't implement it because it would mean that the player had to constantly touch the ball with his feet. It was a silly statement and maybe they fired the guy that thought that or made him actually use his brain.

romagnoli what do you mean with "Also, defenders could move in more than 8 directions; it just wasn't really 360 degree freedom". I always thought that off the ball was 360 degrees no? It certainly feels like it.

well done EA you are still tyring to better the game and also listening to us fans and using your football knowledge..some people thought that EA will lift their foot off the gas because arguably Fifa 09 is better that its main rival PES 2009, but from listeing to what that guy in the PSM video said, it looks very very promising.

i love the who idea of the 360 movement/control it soundf like the future, i have heard people talk about how fifa anbd even pes will be a whole lot better if it was 360 movement. it means much more control for the player. image 360 movement with everything set ot Manual, it means its all down to the skills of thje player in theory u should be able to do what you want and feel like on th pitch and also this should improve the reponsiveness of the game also

i also like what he said about the little faint to the left and the right near the by-line which could give the crosser and advantage over the defender hopefull it iz not too easy to pull of and people do not miss use it..i belive the defender should also be able to use (L2)to guess where the crosser is going to go ie left or right and have a better chance of getter the ball. but it is posituve that he said that more skillfull player will be able to pull it off best

and lastly, Manager mode revamp at last. i love the manager mode aspect of football games, its mainly the mode i play ofline by myself and in the Fifa 09 even though it was not that bad, its was not what i expected from a next gen fifa interms of the manager mode, but in fifa 10 being able to

-hear of rumour - which might mean you can either stop the team from getter that player ie lets say your rivals are goin to get fabregas and you know that will make them a better side and he is up for graps you will decide to make in a bit in order to get him or throw off your rivals form getter him. in tern the game might up his prise because he is a wnated player andf this might start a biddin war..fantastic isnt it?

-the whole real life aspect is fantastic too

-manager mode is finally going to be very intersting and invoving to play

I would like to hear what they have to say about 'be-a-pro' however i wander what they have done to improve that gamemode.
as someone said the graphics from the screenshot do not look miles away from fifa 09, but i am guess they have a long time to tweak or make in better in the coming months it is only may. but with the gamplay improvement and manager mode changes i will be happy if they are only able to tweak the graphic a little bit.

What i will like to know is if anyone knows where i could get a translation of the magazine seeing as it is in french. so that we could read on a few more things that have been said?
or if someone who is french and has knows english can translate it for us. that would be much appreciated.

Thanks thomasGoal for the post also nice one

Graphically it's no great step from 09 but that's what we expected and it's a hard act to improve on. The mention of 360 movement sounds brilliant even if it is only dribbling. This could radically change how the game plays if the response times have been sharpened up further.

If I'm being extremely picky I'm dissappointed to see a screenshot of Juve's Stadio delle Alpi in there, even though it was closed in 2006 and has now been pulled down. Nice eye for detail, EA.

Yeah they did comment on it. But the one I read they said they couldn't implement it because it would mean that the player had to constantly touch the ball with his feet. It was a silly statement and maybe they fired the guy that thought that or made him actually use his brain.

romagnoli what do you mean with "Also, defenders could move in more than 8 directions; it just wasn't really 360 degree freedom". I always thought that off the ball was 360 degrees no? It certainly feels like it.

Depends what you call 360 really. It's not actually 360 degree, but it is a lot freer than 8 directions. You certainly can't move in every single degree in a circle, but for defending it's fine. I don't think dribbling will be in any direction you press either; it'll be realistically more like being able to move in 36 directions, rather than 8. Again, though, that's fine, and it will essentially feel like 360 degrees. The only time I've thought the sticks aren't analogue enough was with manual shooting, but i reckon 360 dribbling would make shooting a lot easier.

Big news for me. It seems they focused on the most important things to me: sharper control of the ball and movement, revamped mm and more stress on the skill of the player.

And one pearl nobody seems to comment:
They aim to slow down the tempo a bit! Greaaaaaaaaat! That alone is what makes me thing they're going in the right path. The path of realism and complex systems for physics, AI, control, etc...

I really hope they nail it. Comparing the evolution of Fifa from 07 (first installment with the current "game engine" in next gen) to fifa 10, you can see they WANT to deliver, and they do big efforts every year. They have my money by now.

translation for 1st screenshot

Imagine a huge hallway lights by hundreds of neon lights the first door on the right gives you access to the NBA and on your left, the NFL. further, there is baseball, hockey, golf and boxing and NASCAR. Finally, at the end, or the cobwebs begin to form, it is the terminal to the round ball is king as Fifa. two or three Datal pressure is approximately what a booth e3 EA Sports has for ages, yet Celtic years something has changed.

indeed, a star has appeared on the jersey of the U.S. firm, synonymous with world champion, because for the first time in a long time it was Fifa who reigns over the virtual terrain. conscious of having found the winning formula, it is with some assurance that.

since Fifa 08 and Integration against a one-page welcomed, ie mode entrainement had the main menu. this year, he returned finally to give a new chance for small to upgrade. macthes of training exercises or in various workshops, no need to read the manual to know the basis of gameplay, and for us to turn around a pilot, is suspected EA to have some invegre trophees ... go ten rounds to warm ground

Graphically it's no great step from 09 but that's what we expected and it's a hard act to improve on. The mention of 360 movement sounds brilliant even if it is only dribbling. This could radically change how the game plays if the response times have been sharpened up further.

If I'm being extremely picky I'm dissappointed to see a screenshot of Juve's Stadio delle Alpi in there, even though it was closed in 2006 and has now been pulled down. Nice eye for detail, EA.

its all about lincesing...
they have delle alpi's license and they have the stadium already built(wich costs a lot of money) so they keep it in the game...

im not saying they shouldnt go and "buy" the turin olimpic stadim but i think they will wait for the new juve stadium before they make another investment in this issue.

now what i would really like to hear is wether they improved the GK's AI, casue in 08,09 its ridiculous...the GK mess the game for me, and make 90% of my goals come from 1 on 1 situations.. its barely impossible to hit a low of medium high shot from outside the box, wich happens a lot in real life.
The ramdominess of goals is something that imo PES still have the edge...wich is sad since the rest of PES is garbage.

Last edited:
The NDA was I think so EDGE magazine would have all this exclusive info in their magazine, rather than already being plastered all over the net people would have had to buy their mag.

Edge Magazine doing a feature on FIFA. I am shocked as they havent reviewed a FIFA game in years. I not even sure I have read a in depth preview of FIFA in edge before.

Although in the top 100 games to play right now a few issues back they had FIFA 09 in there and said it was better than PES so EA are doing something right to impress them guys.

2lxh6v7.jpg

I'm astounded. I've been posting this on another forum and a lot of them seem disappointed that the speed is being toned down, and that build-up play is being promoted. Does anyone here genuinely feel that way? I can't believe it's even being suggested, myself.

It will be fine if they keep the three speed choice, as for the build up I think that should be down to how you play and the opposition team AI play, I don't want a ping pong fest where you have to ping passes around every time, long balls and good through balls are part of the game...

WTF

360 dribbles?

Dribbles exclusive to the 360 WTF?

No PS3 dribbles?

EA are full of sh!t, how much did M$ pay for this huh?

Its just retarded, am done with EA

PES 2010 FTW!!!! ..... its a joke easy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom