FIFA10 Screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be happy for the game to be slowed down a touch, or even just increase the pitch size preferably as the speed is alright at the moment. Just not enough pitch I think.

All quite interesting. I like the idea of 360 dribbles, as right now I feel that the defender has way too much of an advantage in one on ones. There are just two things gameplay wise they need to fix:

1. Defenders can't easily tackle the ball carrier from behind. Even when it's 'AI Must WIN!!!' time. If the attacker has his body between the ball and the defender, he should be able to hold posession. This would make the game sooo much more realistic imo.
2. Shooting is rubbish outside of the arena mode. It's so blindingly scripted, with the animation of the keeper being decided before you shoot and whether you miss or not isn't down to your control, rather if it's time to let you score. Infuriating. Also, does anyone else find their goalkeeper reacts at about 1/10th of the speed of the CPU goalkeeper? It's kind of comical when your keeper dives for a lob after the ball has bounced into the net, 10 feet behind him.

Hey lads
Having read the french PSM3 scans,I'm gonna try to give you the translation as accurately as possible (you'll see that most informations are already given)
1)First information and as we all expected, FIFA 10 will an improved version of the previous.No major overhaul like from 07 to 08 for instance (the version they tested was at 50% of completion and so far it looks and feels better than 09)
2)As usual, EA are basing their improvement on the different FIFA forums (even if I always doubt it)
3)Much better keepes in 1V1's, they try to cover their space more efficiently.
4)Keepers are better at going for crosses and collecting the ball in the air.No more howlers
5)Defenders clear the ball from the penalty box more instinctively, a lot less stupid clearances with headers.They're more powerful and more willing to throw their bodies in order to block shots/crosses.
6) Switching sides with long balls is better as the ball generally travels faster and therefore ala Barcelona you can stretch defences with it.
7)They noticed a different ball physics for shooting but according to them it is too early to tell anything about it.We know for sure that they will tweak it
8) Manager Mode: It has become more realistic for them.No more crazy scenarios where the likes of Fulham becomes PL champion or things like that.The best teams will be more likely compete for trophies/cups.
When you attempt to sign a big name several criteria will be taken into account.The manager's prestige, the club's position in the league and whether they'll qualify for the CL or Europa League equivalent in the game.
At around 30 years, the stats in general start to decrease importantly, they said that EA are trying to get closer with the MM to famous football management games (you know which one)
9) Personnaly the move interesting inclusion is the 360° movement with the ball included.
Players will move the ball far more freely and comfortably and it is interesting for shooting because it'll be easier to move the ball to the best foot.
10)Teams defend as block, better AI in general and midfielders have an important role more than ever.No more taking the ball and running with it in a straight line
11) The game speed is decreased in general, it is between 08 and 09 (i'm sure it'll still be adjustable anyway)

Last edited:
I think it needs to be waaay more difficult. I am winning games easily on legendary level with no controls on fully automatic.

and I'm sh*t as well.

Are you doing that with Div 2 sides with no staff upgrades and turning auto growth off and not signing superstars...;)

Had the feeling that question was coming next so....No, I'm not.

I've tried playing as lower division teams but it doesn't keep me interested.

I played as Tranmere for 2 seasons and got them to the semi's of one cup and promoted to the championship but then my family pissed me off (they're all Tranmere season ticket holders) so I spat my dummy out and reverted back to Liverpool.

I do admit that I enjoyed having to pluck over-the-hill players and never-has-beens and making them my stars (like Nicky Butt for example) but I missed the premiership and my one and only team.

So, perhaps, in hindsight, my comment was unconsidered and out of context :-)

Had the feeling that question was coming next so....No, I'm not.

I've tried playing as lower division teams but it doesn't keep me interested.

I played as Tranmere for 2 seasons and got them to the semi's of one cup and promoted to the championship but then my family pissed me off (they're all Tranmere season ticket holders) so I spat my dummy out and reverted back to Liverpool.

I do admit that I enjoyed having to pluck over-the-hill players and never-has-beens and making them my stars (like Nicky Butt for example) but I missed the premiership and my one and only team.

So, perhaps, in hindsight, my comment was unconsidered and out of context :-)

Not having a go mate it's just I hear this with PES too, you get kids coming on saying it's too easy I've won the league every year and every game, and then you look at their teams Man Utd, Barcelona and they're crammed full of all the best players all trained to 99's and you think what the hell do you expect...:LOL:

It's doing just as it should if you're playing with all the best players...

I still maintain it's harder 2v than 1v no matter what you play with though and TBH I wouldn't mind it harder if they sorted the shooting the power=height thing is a real pain for me but I doubt we'll see it altered...

@ Nick.

Yeah, I know what you mean (and know you're not having a pop at me) and I can imagine 2v CPU would be more difficult.

It also implies that you've got at least one friend too which is where my problems start lol!

One of the main things I'd like to see changed (just to contradict myself here) is that it's easier to press the CPU when they're on their mad "we will score and you will have no say in the matter" benders.

One of the main things I'd like to see changed (just to contradict myself here) is that it's easier to press the CPU when they're on their mad "we will score and you will have no say in the matter" benders.

Arrgghh It does my head in too no matter what you try, it's the ball over and all your players are stuck to the floor or their player appears as by magic at the side of the post to tap in... :LOL:

YEAH! Improved manager mode is al I wanted to hear! Realistic transfers, injuries and suspensions in every club and not just the one you're managing, realistic budgets to which club you're managing, the list keeps going...

Anyone know if other clubs would try to sign you as manager if you're doing well?

ThomasGoal, you're still the news king m8! Thx and keep it up!

Oh the other thing that they had promised to fix (I think) was the clearing issue with high balls off corners/blocked shots - where the computer was the only one who could get to it (your player would try to use his feet, whereas the comp could control with his head chest and you'd be left finishing the animation as they darted away) For me that was almost a bug, surely will have been addressed.

And fix the damn night lighting. Why is it so dark? Make it like PES which is spot on. I never play at night on FIFA 09 because of how appalling it looks.

I hope the GK's being fixed also means that the idiots online won't be successful with their shots from kick off.

I'd be happy for the game to be slowed down a touch, or even just increase the pitch size preferably as the speed is alright at the moment. Just not enough pitch I think.
Yes, totally agree Dags. Also, stamina has to play a MUCH more important role. At the moment you get teams constantly pressuring the whole pitch and it doesn't affect them so they continue to do it all game.

I hope they have day/night games in MM, and hope they have fixed the camera so that you can see the rain from the normal gameplay cameras.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom