FIFA10 Screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think far too many 1-on-1's occur because I catch the CPU stalling with the ball, tackle him and I'm clear on goal then. It looks like they've improved the AI and decision making so this shouldn't be a problem in 10 I'd like to think.

I hope it's going to be possible to do cut backs when you're on the wing without the AI knowing what you just pressed on the pad and tackle you as you turn around. Not cut back goals before anyone asks, the thing where you're on the wing and then you press in the opposite direction to pull the ball back and then cross it on your weeker foot. the ai always know you're pressing 'backwards' and will stop what they're doing and tackle you as you turn. Against a human they have no idea unless they're lucky.

On the subject of shooting I agree, A great example is Ronaldo's goal against Porto, You can never get that much power on the ball and let it go flat. Something PES had mastered in the old games was as soon as you shot from range you could tell if you had hit a sweet shot knowing if it was on target you would probably score.

somehow hope that fifa can master pes's shooting style. at least those from the ps2 last gen ones.

Has anyone got scans of the EDGE #203 FIFA 10 feature?

E203.jpg

The magazine is out for some subscribers because I have seen some of the review scores already. So hopefully we should see some scans this evening.

I'm quite excited with all these FIFA 10 news...
But I would love to see two things added to all manual mode:
- swerve / dip - We had it in SWOS, it wouldn't be THAT difficult to implement it correctly. Sure, you had to put some constraints (the ball couldn't be swerved on the opposite direction of how the player hits it, an inside of the foot shot would always have to curve to that side), but instead, the player would kick the ball according to the swerve / dip you put into it. I would love to switch play across the field without lobbing the ball to high. Same with shooting.
- Individuality - Of course, it's all manual: I, the player, SHOULD be in total control of the play. However, passing as Xavi or as Vidic it is not the same thing. Individuality should be more noticeable. To me, PES1 had a great sense of individuality.

On the subject of shooting I agree, A great example is Ronaldo's goal against Porto, You can never get that much power on the ball and let it go flat. Something PES had mastered in the old games was as soon as you shot from range you could tell if you had hit a sweet shot knowing if it was on target you would probably score.

You simply can't pull off a shot like that in FIFA, it just can't be done.

The whole idea of power/height bars is annoying - one gauge to determine the two very different things, meaning you can't hit a really powerful low shot or switch the ball across to the other wing quickly.
It wouldn't be any good on a racing game if the right trigger accelerated and turned right and the left trigger braked and turned left, you just wouldn't be able to play it.

I havn't really got a great idea for how to get round it in FIFA, but surely there would be a way, even if it took some getting used to.

It's a tricky one. If you look at the NHL series with their "new" awesome controls, they solve it like this: You shoot with the right stick (different movement for different kind of shots) and aim with the left stick. So if you want to do a quick wrist shot at the bottom right corner you would flick the right stick towards the goal and aim the left stick to the bottom right (if the camera is from behind the player). This way you can aim a little up from the ice and so on, and it has nothing to do with how much power you put in the shot.

I would love to see them try something like this as alternative controls for FIFA. It could open up a lot of cool stuff like manually decide the spin on the ball. Right now EA implemented auto spin on passes for people that use assisted controls, but with this kind of controls you could swirl the stick a little to put spin on the ball. Less button mashing and more thumb action. Wont happen though.

I hope they fix manual cursor, its shit in its current state.

I hope they've put in the real players faces pictures like in Ultimate team. It's really cool to see the players as they really are than viewing a computer made head in the players profile.

I think they might not have changed the buttons for shooting, but the physics for shooting will have had a big rethink and shots will be a lot better.

I doubt they would have changed the fundamental mechanics of the shooting system, but by changing the ball physics which according to the article they have done, it would help alleviate some of these issues especially with long range shots.

Wow. Not a comment on the FIFA board for a whole day. Surprising.

One other thing they should change FIFA 10 is the commonness of toe-kicks. It happens too often in 09, and while it's OK to have them when in tight corners, seeing a player kick the ball halfway across the pitch with his toes is quite unrealistic.

HI!

OK to make a dribble on Fifa :

UP, UP, UP, Right, down, Start, L3, X , Y , A.....Delta, Beta , Gama !! LOL

Hope that dribbling will be easier !!!

Tschussssssssssss

hope this game will be PS3 only so we can enjoy many many many new improvements thanks to the Blue-Ray .. the Xbox 360 makes the games world so damn bad !! like what happened with RE5 and PES and what will happen in FFXIII .. thanks Kojima :)

hope this game will be PS3 only so we can enjoy many many many new improvements thanks to the Blue-Ray .. the Xbox 360 makes the games world so damn bad !! like what happened with RE5 and PES and what will happen in FFXIII .. thanks Kojima :)

Haha like how certain parts in the PS3 version of RE5 was actually inferior to the 360's (most notably the slightly blurrier image quality)? The PS3 can't do diddly squat with that extra bluray space in terms of graphics if they can't cram in more textures, shaders thru the RAM it has so lets not bring up console-specific arguments here.

Sarcasm or are you just being totally stupid??

lol @ power of the blu-ray. I thought people stopped using that argument years ago.

Hi!

Do you think that EA put a wheather conditions in fifa10 or we have to play 98% sunny match??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom