FIFA World Cup Brasil 2014

Re: Road to the World Cup Brazil 2014

I think it's the first time in our history that we qualified this early. Sadly, it'll probably be Prandelli's final international tournament :(

Alex Ferguson said: "give me 10 piece of wood and Zinedine Zidane and I'll win the Champions League"

De Bisai (Albania NT coach) said: "give me 10 pieces of wood and Armend Dalku(RB) and I'll have 11 pieces of wood" :LOL:

we are fucked up , 3 last matchs only 1 point , everything ts over bye bye Brazil :(
we really sucked so bad this last games, I guess with Norway and Slovenia we could get better results with a bit luck , but last night Iceland were by far better , we just played so bad and didnt deserve to get something from this match...

omg god Turkey will advance to the play offs...i hope, but surely it will be Romania, 6 points from Estonia and from Andorra is a much easier task than getting 6 points from Holland and from Estonia, even thog we are in the 2nd place right know, getting 3 points in Amsterdam is pretty much mission impossible

From my point of view, Estonia away is very difficult for Turkey. Turkey always have trouble against the Baltic states. Turkey never won against Estonia away en lost against Latvia in 2003 (EURO 2004 play-offs). So, Estonia is hard enough, but Turkey is higly motivated now with a fantastic motivator-coach.

Last edited:

agree with that but romania (away games) has also been very very difficult for turkey. our last away game win in romania was in 1920s. but you see the result now. imho, history doesn't really mean a lot in football. yeah, maybe it does, but not that much. I think we can quite probably score a damn goal against england if we'd face them tomorrow.

but as I said I agree with you. we've always had hard times against baltic & slavic countries. even against the worst sides of them.

I don't really know about Turkey's chances atm. if sort of a miracle happens and turkey finish second and I think they'll probably the worst second team (deservingly) and get automatically eliminated. I think we're not on the same level with any of the 13 teams which will qualify (maybe excluding swiss). I've never really been hopeful of Turkey since 2008.

why would be the worst 2nd place? the situation is the same in group b & e aswell regarding the points

Cape Verde sanctioned; Tunisia through to final FIFA World Cup qualifying round

By means of a telephone conference, the FIFA Disciplinary Committee has today taken a decision to sanction the Cape Verdean Football Association (FCF) for fielding an ineligible player in the preliminary competition match for the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™ between Tunisia and the Cape Verde Islands on 7 September 2013.

The match has been declared to be forfeited and awarded 3-0 in favour of Tunisia, meaning that the Cape Verde Islands will not progress to round three of the FIFA World Cup™ African zone qualifiers having dropped to second place in Group B with nine points while Tunisia finish first with 14 points and will now advance.

The FCF has also received a fine of CHF 6,000 after the FIFA Disciplinary Committee considered the FCF liable for having breached art. 55 par. 1 of the FIFA Disciplinary Code and art. 8 of the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Regulations.

The sanction relates to the Cape Verde player Fernando Varela failing to serve the full four-match suspension imposed on him after receiving a red card for unsporting conduct towards a match official during a FIFA World Cup™ qualifier on 24 March 2013.

The draw for round three of the FIFA World Cup qualifiers in the African zone will be conducted next Monday, 16 September. The five best-placed sides in the FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking, which will be released today following the outcome of this disciplinary case, will be seeded in the draw.

:CONFUSE:

Something smells in there, They deserved more and should advance. An adequate sanction would be dropping them to selection B, not depriving them of what they rightfully earned during this whole qualification campaign.

Something smells in there, They deserved more and should advance. An adequate sanction would be dropping them to selection B, not depriving them of what they rightfully earned during this whole qualification campaign.

Why?
If they are that stupid using a player which was not allowed to play, they deserve to lose the points at all.
On the other side two times their opponent Equatorial Guinea used players that also weren't allowed to play - so one time Cape Verdes defeat was turned into victory. Without that they wouldn't have won the group either.
So it's quite ok.

Why?
If they are that stupid using a player which was not allowed to play, they deserve to lose the points at all.
On the other side two times their opponent Equatorial Guinea used players that also weren't allowed to play - so one time Cape Verdes defeat was turned into victory. Without that they wouldn't have won the group either.
So it's quite ok.

I agree with that, but i just heard on a football podcast that there was another country (Ethiopia ?) that played with a played who should't have played and they were not sanctioned...if that is true, then there is something rotten (don't know if it is thrue however).

Looks like Karma fucked up the first time and wanted to redeem itself ...

Leo and the boys will be in Brazil and so will a very large contingent of Albiceleste fans.

Well done to Sabella for turning the team around although some of his player selections such as Romero and Brana need real examination.

:APPLAUD:

Cape Verde case is pathetic
The player wasnt suspend it because the games vs Guinea didnt count.
Its not the 1st time this happen -.-

No, that is not right. The game counts, only the result was changed. Red cards result in personal penaltys which are not effected in such cases, so the suspension is still valid.

But it´s also error from African Association because they let them play with Fernando Varela :)
Both were stupid and because of that an Island will not see the team fighting for going to WC because of a "red card" :(

Match Ukraine - Poland without supporters
216817.jpg

As said official FIFA site: "several incidents involving pyrotechnical devices; several racist and discriminatory incidents were apparently perpetrated by local supporters during the match, in particular by displaying neo-Nazi banners and by making “monkey noises and gestures” as well as Nazi salutes."
Arena Lviv banned from today and for 2018.

I'm very disappointed. I didn't see any evidences of this incident. This fact can't break down us and we'll fight till the end!!!

Ban stopped for the moment. Match Ukraïna - Polska - with supporters

Last edited:

second place is romania's already. dutch will tear us apart too :D sorry gabe

Crazy. The Netherlands/Holland currently with a 32-5 GF/GA ratio..and it ll get higher still most likely.

Last edited:

its a record regarding the result, i hope our manager will resign already

ps.: i believe Turkey is the only one now who would be able to advance in the play offs but they will beaten by Holland on tuesday, so Romania will advance and will get a beating of a lifetime from a bigger fish

its a record regarding the result, i hope our manager will resign already

ps.: i believe Turkey is the only one now who would be able to advance in the play offs but they will beaten by Holland on tuesday, so Romania will advance and will get a beating of a lifetime from a bigger fish

checked: he resigned

honestly dunno how much that will help...

so from Europe

Belgium
Italy
Germany
Netherlands
Switzerland

are already in the WC and

Croatia
Bulgaria
Czech Republic
Armenia
Denmark
Sweeden
Turkey
Romania
ICELAND
Slovenia
Portugal
Greece
England
Ukraine
Spain
France

can be there

it's almost a given that group b's runner-up will be eliminated, aint it?

RVP is now the all time leading Dutch scorer. Some pretty impressive names below him on that list!

Back
Top Bottom