FIFA World Cup Brasil 2014

Re: Road to the World Cup Brazil 2014

greece vs slovakia = total disgrace + case for fifa/uefa
tumblr_m2ot5ikVXn1r8a63to1_500.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PIPA23, have you heard what happened with Skrtel and why he "erupted" in the end? Greek media say that he did that for no reason.

Leo and the boys will be in Brazil and so will a very large contingent of Albiceleste fans.

Well done to Sabella for turning the team around although some of his player selections such as Romero and Brana need real examination.

:APPLAUD:

I can't remember a single time where Argentina's selection wasn't suspect. Even their selection in '86 was suspect... or should I say especially that one. If they had a different manager (anyone with tactical sense) during last WC they could have won the whole thing. I don't think they got the right defense to do it now... maybe with Coloccini and Silvestre and some solid backs.

Last edited:

Good to see Belgium and Switzerland at the WC and even better to see Austria getting eliminated. What amazes me most is the fact that England still has to fight to get their ticket for Brazil.

Iceland second place in their group still, They have yet to meet Norway, who are probably royally pissed that they are out, it's hard to say what the mentality will be on their part. Meanwhile Slovenia will meet Switzerland, who can play a relaxed game knowing the result won't change anything. Exciting last round ahead.

Last edited:

PIPA23, have you heard what happened with Skrtel and why he "erupted" in the end? Greek media say that he did that for no reason.

there was a provocation from Sokratis according to this article: http://sport.sme.sk/c/6967571/skrtel-dostal-po-zapase-cervenu-proti-lotyssku-nenastupi.html

he is used to play like that in LFC to give the ball back to Mignolet..but Mucha made just a mistake by not recieving the ball right way... stupid goal to a qualification we could have fight better... This team could get more points and even qualify for World cup.. but the NT just like everything is just a mess..

so from Europe

Belgium
Italy
Germany
Netherlands
Switzerland

are already in the WC and

Croatia
Bulgaria
Czech Republic
Armenia
Denmark
Sweeden
Turkey
Romania
ICELAND
Slovenia
Portugal
Greece
England
Ukraine
Spain
France

can be there

I think you forgot Bosnia and Russia there. They are first in their groups at the moment.

Tunisia Vs Cameroon i hope Tunisia win :D

I think you forgot Bosnia and Russia there. They are first in their groups at the moment.

Russia still have a very small chance of ending second. If they get beaten in Azerbaijan and Portugal beats Luxembourg at home by six or more goals. Bosnia still needs to beat Lithuania away if Greece beat Lichtenstein at home.

Good to see Belgium and Switzerland at the WC and even better to see Austria getting eliminated. What amazes me most is the fact that England still has to fight to get their ticket for Brazil.

Are you mate ? Montenegro even though they lost last night still had more fluidity and technical ease on the ball.

It should not be a surprise at all.

I can't remember a single time where Argentina's selection wasn't suspect. Even their selection in '86 was suspect... or should I say especially that one. If they had a different manager (anyone with tactical sense) during last WC they could have won the whole thing. I don't think they got the right defense to do it now... maybe with Coloccini and Silvestre and some solid backs.

The 86 selection was fine. Solid defence and Pumpido in the form of his life. Solid midfield and solid upfront.

Yes this defence is a bit suspect. Zabaleta is a lock.

Ansaldi should get the left back role or perhaps switch Zabby there and bring Peruzzi in at right back.

Centrebacks. I would like to see Campagnaro in there and Spolli or Musacchio tried. Roncaglia was called up because of injuries so may be an outside bet.

Romero as goalkeeper is a liability. Made a howler yesterday. Barovero and Orion should be ahead of him as well as Cabellero. The guy is playing for Monaco Reserves yet still gets called up by Sabella time after time.

Willy Caballero should be the first pick in goal and Ansaldi is probably the left back bargain in the world at the moment... wonder why Argentina can't see how good he really is. Russian league is probably a bit obscure but he got pace, technique, crosses and he's no pushover in the air.

The '86 selection is dubious because several great players were not present in the squad because Maradona didn't want them there. So by suspect I simply meant that Bilardo should've had some balls and told the fucker who's boss.

*Before any discussion start, Maradona was pure magic and the best trequartista the world has ever seen and probably will ever see. The real miracle in Maradona's career was however reaching the final in 1990. Coked down and out of shape, still the best playmaker in the world.

Last edited:

Feel gutted we lost, especially like that. After coming back twice from being behind, we played much much better and they scored due to individuals brilliance. Still I can't stomach the fact we lost because of a refereeing decision, that's so common in Africa it shouldn't even come as a surprise to me, but I can't help feeling somehow a bit of injustice here.

In the other hand Cote d'Ivoire battered Senegal. Senegal's defence was a mess and they were actually lucky to get away with only 3 goals, they also scored a goal, something that'll certainly give them hope for the 2nd match. Gervinho is just phenomenal this year...

Willy Caballero should be the first pick in goal and Ansaldi is probably the left back bargain in the world at the moment... wonder why Argentina can't see how good he really is. Russian league is probably a bit obscure but he got pace, technique, crosses and he's no pushover in the air.

The '86 selection is dubious because several great players were not present in the squad because Maradona didn't want them there. So by suspect I simply meant that Bilardo should've had some balls and told the fucker who's boss.

*Before any discussion start, Maradona was pure magic and the best trequartista the world has ever seen and probably will ever see. The real miracle in Maradona's career was however reaching the final in 1990. Coked down and out of shape, still the best playmaker in the world.
Agree to all your points. Musacchio also may bbe a quite good choice defensively and I would also give an opportunity to another youngster, Ezequiel Muñoz, currently at Palermo. I can't see Romero standing at the front of our goal anymore :BLEH:

Last edited:

Agree to all your points. Musacchio also may bbe a quite good choice defensively and I would also give an opportunity to another youngster, Ezequiel Muñoz, currently at Palermo. I can't see Romero standing at the front of our goal anymore :BLEH:

I do wonder if Sabella watches enough games or his staff do. He is reluctant to make changes.

I hope he plays Icardi on Tuesday just so that he is locked up for Argentina for the future. Musacchio even when Villareal were relegated was noticeable as a defender reading the game and making vital tackles.

Munoz is excellent aerially but pace wise he is a bit lumbering and can be caught out of position. Your Galeano had some promise a couple of years ago but it's too early to judge his career in Spain.

But I am sure he will just stick with Garay and Fernandez no matter what.

ZeroTheHero Ansaldi would be my choice. He also attacks into the box which Chamot used to do. Rojo just stands off and is weak defensively and physically and his pace is not as great.

I hope he gets in but the way things are Sabella probably has 18 players already pencilled in for next year and Ansaldi is on the fringes.

Against Uruguay I expect Sabella will revert to a back three. He is going 4-2-3-1 or 3-5-2. So Basanta who has played well and Colocinni will return. Basanta has done pretty well and has a bit of heuvos about him too. Campagnaro too.

Sad times at Independiente user name 99. Hope it all works out in the end for this great club. But the government needs to sort out the thugs and gangs that are ruining club football and then the AFA needs reforming. That Grondona is a cancer.

Russia still have a very small chance of ending second. If they get beaten in Azerbaijan and Portugal beats Luxembourg at home by six or more goals. Bosnia still needs to beat Lithuania away if Greece beat Lichtenstein at home.

Yeah, true. What I really meant, though, was that Russia and Bosnia have a very good chance of qualifying, or at least going to play-offs.

Bosnia will qualify directly,unfortunately for us.They're going to beat Lithuania real easy.It was all that match in Bosnia,if we weren't such a joke and got even a point we wouldn't be at this position we now are.

I wish Argentina good luck though even if I disagree with mostly anything they do regarding squad, formation and strategy. My heart will always be with them and I believe that I must have been living in Buenos Aires in a "previous life" (I don't really believe that... just saying) because I have absolutely no valid grounds to have feelings for that team and nation.

When and if they win, I'll celebrate as if it was my own country.

Things can turn quick. Five years ago our national team played home matches before less than 5000 fans. Now the home matches are sold out in less than 10 minutes.

ummm we havent been on a WC or on a EC for 20 years now a already...in the beginning we thought the world how to play soccer but now we not even try to learn from the uprising football countries, the likes of Austria, Swizerland, Belgium. we got so many slaps from the reality but we just dont want to accept it that we suck big time

I do wonder if Sabella watches enough games or his staff do. He is reluctant to make changes.

I hope he plays Icardi on Tuesday just so that he is locked up for Argentina for the future. Musacchio even when Villareal were relegated was noticeable as a defender reading the game and making vital tackles.

Munoz is excellent aerially but pace wise he is a bit lumbering and can be caught out of position. Your Galeano had some promise a couple of years ago but it's too early to judge his career in Spain.

But I am sure he will just stick with Garay and Fernandez no matter what.

ZeroTheHero Ansaldi would be my choice. He also attacks into the box which Chamot used to do. Rojo just stands off and is weak defensively and physically and his pace is not as great.

I hope he gets in but the way things are Sabella probably has 18 players already pencilled in for next year and Ansaldi is on the fringes.

Against Uruguay I expect Sabella will revert to a back three. He is going 4-2-3-1 or 3-5-2. So Basanta who has played well and Colocinni will return. Basanta has done pretty well and has a bit of heuvos about him too. Campagnaro too.

Sad times at Independiente user name 99. Hope it all works out in the end for this great club. But the government needs to sort out the thugs and gangs that are ruining club football and then the AFA needs reforming. That Grondona is a cancer.
That's many issues to go through!

First, I believe Galeano is a Gabbarini, Ustari or Patito Rodríguez case; they weren't given the minutes they needed, and they paid off by closing their career far too early. At least Patito has own something with Santos...

Now, against Uruguay, a 4-2-3-1 wouldn't be bad at all, I think it is the best formation in football, equally effective to all teams, at least the ones I use at FIFA :P
A 3-5-2 is a suicide. With the defense falling like a house of cards that we've got, the charrúas will "fill our basket", as we say here (llenar la canasta)

About mu dear club, I think Cantero was at the lead of a ship he is sure is going to sink by the time he assumed, and now that it has sunken, the same case; he says he will fight barras, he'll promote the club even though we have practically no good players. He is stating that he will rescue this ship with all the crew alive, when all his surroundings make it clear he will fail. I feel pride for his commitment, but his plan will definitely be a failure.

Sadly, barras can't be fought while Don Vito Grondona and Vincenzo "Luis Segura" Mancini still live. The whole system is corrupt. As shown by the recent events in our previous match vs. Unión (33 barras imprisoned, 33 barras freed), the justice is torn to pieces, and neither the AFA nor the government will do anything about it, because they wouldn't afford it. What makes different barras from hooligans is that fights are between the authorities and factions from the same team, not rivals.

As Saul Goodman says, "There's no honor among thieves... except for us of course"

Bosnia will qualify directly,unfortunately for us.They're going to beat Lithuania real easy.It was all that match in Bosnia,if we weren't such a joke and got even a point we wouldn't be at this position we now are.
In all honesty, from the way that Bosnia plays since the start of the qualifiers, it will be a robbery if they end up second. We barely win our matches with 1-0, while they demolish their opponents in almost every match.

Bosnia is promising. Like Belgium, it has a very young squad, play amazingly well, and as you have previously said, it will be a robbery if they end up on playoffs.

Besides, they have never played a WC as a separated country. Same case with Burkina Faso. I hope they have the chance :)

Last edited:

Tomorrow will be so excited for us.It's very hard but ı hope we can beat Oranges:D

Very difficult. I just don't know how we are going to stop Robben. Hasan Ali Kaldirim will play against him :CONFUSE:.
Turkey lost against Hungary and draw at home. If we had won twice against Hungary (with all respect), we were second now and this match would be a formality.

On the other hand. These are the stats of Holland against Romania and Hungary in this qualifing group:

Holland 12-1 Hungary
Holland 8-1 Romania

Very impressive.

Last edited:

no, we are just both shit ...no offence to Romania, but Estonia showed to the world (its more complex i know but still)

no, we are just both shit ...no offence to Romania, but Estonia showed to the world (its more complex i know but still)

Pick Arda out of Turkey and Turkey is shit too. Yes only one player. If Turkey was not shit, they would never lose against Hungary and Romania.

Back
Top Bottom