FIFA World Cup Brasil 2014

Re: Road to the World Cup Brazil 2014

Portugal is playing 0!!!
They should get out of WC2014 to learn more :(

Portugal's having problems staying focused and disciplined when playing weaker teams. And that is the main reason why they struggle in qualifications year after year. Plus you really lack a classy striker. But to say that you shouldn't get to WC 2014 just isn't right, I would really miss Portugal, cause that's when your team really plays it's best football.

Portugal's having problems staying focused and disciplined when playing weaker teams. And that is the main reason why they struggle in qualifications year after year. Plus you really lack a classy striker. But to say that you shouldn't get to WC 2014 just isn't right, I would really miss Portugal, cause that's when your team really plays it's best football.

Beside the odd good match, imo Portugal must be one of the most overrated countries in world football...Yes they played one great match against Spain at the last Euro's but mostly they are a one man team...a couple of very talented players (Joao Moutinho is a fine example) are used as water carriers for one general who usually fails for his country.

I would not miss this team at all...

I'm actually looking forward to the England vs Poland match, finally a game that means something.

I hate all of the qualifiers and friendlies, but now it is getting interesting...with the last game :PP

Beside the odd good match, imo Portugal must be one of the most overrated countries in world football...Yes they played one great match against Spain at the last Euro's but mostly they are a one man team...a couple of very talented players (Joao Moutinho is a fine example) are used as water carriers for one general who usually fails for his country.

I don't disagree with you at all but Portugal could muster a pretty impressive team IF a manager with balls made a proper team effort out of it. They could easily go for a balanced 4-2-3-1 formation with Ronaldo as a striker and have two balancing midfielders to secure the back. THey could alternate between counter and possession with ease and be a clear candidate for the very last stages. They could actually manage it as they are now as well but that would put everything on Ronaldo.

Same goes for Argentina I guess...

That's what happens when you play with Hossam Ghaly as a Sweeper.
Can't see Egypt Winning 5-0 in Cairo. With that defence they'll probably concede a two more in the 2nd leg..

Okay, here are our 4 goals again, now it's time for Sweden to score two more again....

Edit: FML, what a goal. Awesome game so far.

Last edited:

Ingerland to lift the World Cup next year!

Oh and Negredo scores yet again for Spain and nearly scores an amazing overhead from the edge of the box. Surely he's their number 1 striker now

I think we Greeks can do it again in playoffs! Romania, Iceland, Ukraine dont scare us. We dont want France though...

I think we Greeks can do it again in playoffs! Romania, Iceland, Ukraine dont scare us. We dont want France though...

seeded teams will be picked upon the october rankings

I don't disagree with you at all but Portugal could muster a pretty impressive team IF a manager with balls made a proper team effort out of it. They could easily go for a balanced 4-2-3-1 formation with Ronaldo as a striker and have two balancing midfielders to secure the back. THey could alternate between counter and possession with ease and be a clear candidate for the very last stages. They could actually manage it as they are now as well but that would put everything on Ronaldo.

Same goes for Argentina I guess...

they should learn a thing or two from van gaal's netherlands

Last edited:

it is disgrace at what our NT has fallen. Until England demolished us in Zagreb in WC2010 qualifiers we haven't lost at Maksimir in official game. Than, they appoint this ***** Igor Štimac as manager of our team and we lost 2 games in a row at Maksimir (Scotland and Belgium). And if that was not enough, in last 4 games in our group we had only one point (against Serbia in Belgrade) and have lost twice against Scotland and once against Belgium.

I don't know how (I mean, we in Croatia all know how, but that is not the matter now. I will speak only about football here) a coach who was manager at Hajduk for last 3 games in a season after Slišković, who lead team to the first place has been sacked (Hajduk won the title), and after that sacked from Cibalia because of bad results became NT manager. I mean, he said that his tactics against Serbia was to let them play until they got tired and than to punish them in last minutes. Even players (Mandžukić said that in TV interview after that match) said that they didn't understand what he wanted from them.

And to add to his arrogance: he says that he will not offer his resignation, that nobody will judge his performance (talking about fans and press) and that he wants France in those last 2 qualifying matches. I can't believe that because of him...actually because of 3 guys (Štimac, Šuker, Mamić) I don't even have an urge to watch and cheer our NT team...

It's true that something happened to Croatia. When we played you in Brussels, you had a fantastic team...at the Maksimir stadium your players were an agressive bunch with no team spirit. Both Belgian goals were colossal defensive mistakes from a side back who had to play CB (the guy who used to play for Spurs, can't remember his name).

I still maintain our national team is overrated, we have a talented bunch of young players, but i still think Croatia has everyting to be abetter team...the difference in points is too big now. In the end we might have won it, but it would have been very, very close...to me Croatia were always favourites in this group.

F**kin' epic, finally we made it:ROCK:
congarts to all the players and our coach Pape Susic :WORSHIP:
and to our neighbours Croats I wish all the luck in Monday's draws and in the playoff's, thank God you sacked that pig headed idiot on your bench (even though it's still unofficial)
go and kick some asses in playoffs so we can go together in Brasil :BEER:

Did anyone saw the US-Panama match? Hell, that was close for Mexico, if the US hadn't scored in the 92' and 93' minute and therefore won 3-2, Panama would've gone into the relegation matches against the All Blacks...:CONFUSE:

It's true that something happened to Croatia. When we played you in Brussels, you had a fantastic team...at the Maksimir stadium your players were an agressive bunch with no team spirit. Both Belgian goals were colossal defensive mistakes from a side back who had to play CB (the guy who used to play for Spurs, can't remember his name).

Well, when Bilić left after EURO2012 we had great team. We had just returned from Euro where we were playing better than anyone expected. And just because of 2 mistakes (one from Rakitić when he didn't score 100% chance and one from referee when he haven't awarded us a penalty and from counter attack we conceded a goal) we haven't knocked Spain out of tournament.

Than...Štimac came. First in friendly game against Switzerland...he was saying that he wants us to play like Spain...you know, no forwards with 6 in the middle and that boring tika-taka football. And he lost that game 4-2 (in Split). The main problem (for me at least) was that we hadn't had standard tactics. Štimac changed both formation and starting 11 in every single match saying that he needs to change what was wrong in Bilić's era. But, interestingly, we had our best moments when we played in Bilić's 4-4-2

i always loved the usa squad, big respect, real sportsmanship

1391728_458453917600667_1603261814_n.jpg

Panama was leading by 2-1 till the 90. minutes and they were in the intercontinental play offs so...but then ..

PANAMA - USA 2-3

Iceland are in the playoffs, for the first time ever. The named likely opponents don't look that scary. Except Portugal. F**k if we get drawn against them.

Edit: looks like that guy comforting the Panama-player is the Icelander Aron Johannsson. He had played with Icelandic Youth teams but was born in the USA so he had the chance of play for them instead. Scored one of the goals last night as well, his first for USA.

Last edited:

I must admit that I respect Greece. They don't have great footbal players, but they are a strong team. They always do very well in the qualifies.

That Group A...With exception of Belgium, what a cripple fight it was...
Glad that Bosnia qualified though, will be rooting for them in Brazil.

Igor Štimac had been sacked as Croatia manager. Temporary manager (for next 2 games, probably longer) is former captain and current Croatia U21 manager Niko Kovač.

564094_10151858611026492_1783291393_n.jpg

Although he is not really experienced he is doing really great job with U21 team
3bth233lrnrsdun4mvfx.jpg

He will also retain his post as U21 manager

Last edited:

Iceland are in the playoffs, for the first time ever. The named likely opponents don't look that scary. Except Portugal. F**k if we get drawn against them.

Edit: looks like that guy comforting the Panama-player is the Icelander Aron Johannsson. He had played with Icelandic Youth teams but was born in the USA so he had the chance of play for them instead. Scored one of the goals last night as well, his first for USA.

Do you think that Portugal is stronger than Ukraine or Croatia? Losing agains Russia, draw with N.Ireland and 2 draws against Israel

Back
Top Bottom