FIFA World Cup Brasil 2014

Re: Road to the World Cup Brazil 2014

Albania fans must have gone crazy when Switzerland scored in the last minute yesterday...

they also conceded the equalizing goal from Norway at the 87th minute.

The 2nd places:

1.Croatia 16pts/7m
2.Greece 13pts/6m
3.Russia 12pts/5m
4.England 12pts/6m
5.Austria 11pts/6m
6.Hungary 11pts/6m
7.France 10pts/5m
8.Albania 10pts/6m
8.Bulgaria 10pts/6m

Probably the standing will be different in the end because:
There are eight groups of six teams and a single group of five teams. The nine group winners qualify, while the eight best runners-up – ranked according to all their games except for games against the sixth-placed team in their group – will play-off for the four remaining spots. wiki
So only France's points shows the truth because the nation is in a 5th team group.

But what decide the 8th place when the points are even?

Last edited:

Armenia are a weird team, lost 1-0 to Malta then batter Denmark 4-0:CONFUSE:

Albania fans must have gone crazy when Switzerland scored in the last minute yesterday...

well not really , what we dream for its 2nd place , I think we have no chance for 1st one so it dosn't matter that much what Swiss does , but it could be better if they win so when they play vs Albania maybe they dont need a win so "our" Albanian (shaqiri , xhaka , behrami , xhemaili , mehmedi) guys can help us and let us get some points from that match :P

they also conceded the equalizing goal from Norway at the 87th minute.

yeah it was shocking , I guess we werent that bad and we deserve to win but we lost concentration in that corner , and since Iceland lost that was a golden opportunity :/

Portugal always go to the play-off and then in World Cup shows how to play football and then lose at semi-finals :(

Aussies have become the third team qualified to the finals. Congrats.

It is unfortunate that not Uzbekistan, and happiness was so close ... Well, I hope he makes it through the play-offs, but it will not be easy. Good luck to Uzbekistan! ;)

I hope so, they can beat Jordan or Oman in the play-off but of course they have almost no chance against the fifth of CONMEBOL qualifiers.

on the other hand, Iran and Korea completely deserved their places.

wow, in Rio right now it is big big chaos... the riots continue and people demand that Brazil will not host the world cup...

All of you will hate me or this but this should be held in America or Germany every 4 years, we have the infrastructure where this will
Make us money and not at the behest of the citizens of that country..

i can´t even imagine the Qatar WC...not becouse of the riots, but still..

something is very wrong in world, football... very wrong, it used to be a sport played first for pride, then money... now it´s one big buisiness at highest level

if people in Brazil are against World cup, the game whole world thinks of they are best at, something is wrong with it.

In general, are players still representing the people, playign for the people...i think it´s over.

my NT burned out against Liechtenstein ffs, players are affraid to get injured , they dont give a fuck..

sorry for OT.

I agree mate. I know this thing is not primarily because of the World Cup, but if even Brazilians (likely the most football crazy people in the world) are against organizing the World Cup in Brazil you know there's something terribly wrong.

i can´t even imagine the Qatar WC...not becouse of the riots, but still..

something is very wrong in world, football... very wrong, it used to be a sport played first for pride, then money... now it´s one big buisiness at highest level

if people in Brazil are against World cup, the game whole world thinks of they are best at, something is wrong with it.

In general, are players still representing the people, playign for the people...i think it´s over.

my NT burned out against Liechtenstein ffs, players are affraid to get injured , they dont give a fuck..

sorry for OT.

It is becoming more and more something for television companies to fill airtime and turn into a circus.

More and more decisions in sports are caused directly by the demands of television.

Abandoning replays, cutting tie breaks, coloured clothing, 20/20, introducing end of season playoffs ie in rugby in order to generate allegedly excitement or cater to dwindling attention spans.

I am still pleased to see CONMEBOL players willing to defy their clubs and travel on a regular basis to qualifiers and give their all.

What you describe with the Slovakian players is what has long been labelled at certain England players that they care less about the shirt than their pay packet.

true... the people here who follow the sport are discoused by the performances, but in general, our goverment is corrupted, every day life is full of coruption, so many kids that should do sport, either hockey or football, or any kind of sport like tenis, if they don´t have rich parents, only seldom there is a chance they do the sport. Instead untalented kids of rich players replace them.

true... the people here who follow the sport are discoused by the performances, but in general, our goverment is corrupted, every day life is full of coruption, so many kids that should do sport, either hockey or football, or any kind of sport like tenis, if they don´t have rich parents, only seldom there is a chance they do the sport. Instead untalented kids of rich players replace them.

This seems to be pretty commonplace in eastern Europe PIPA. Not as in the past when kids were only selected on talent and there were sports facilities available.

Also those who have the money seem able to influence selection decisions as well. It is not particularly pleasant to see.

definetly not, it is also visible in other areas, education, health, politics, basicly everywhere..it is like that not just in eastern europe i believe...but that´s to much off topic. many countrys have problems, also in west europe..

Slovenia vs Albania

I hope we win tonight 8:30 , its a very very important match for whole Albanians , its very exciting match , our players are motivatet and I think its "NOW OR NEVER" I believe they gonna give maximum and try hard , idk who will win we have to see tonight , but I hope that's Albania!

a lot of Supporters have travel to Slovenia for this match , its important for us since we are looking to make history

today FIFA has give permission to this players and they can be used even on tonight's match vs Slovenia , its really big step this for our NT
Vullnet Basha (Switzerland) >>>>>> (Albania NT)
Amir Abrashi (Switzerland) >>>>>> (Albania NT)
Agon Mehmeti (Sweden) >>>>>> (Albania NT)

I think this is result of work from Albanian federation who are working more about this , getting young talented guys to play for our NT , I think Shaqiri , Xhaka , Behrami , Xhemaili etc are a big "lose" for Albania NT so hope we work more and get next talented Albanian guys to the NT they belong , I really hope we don't "lose" Adnan Januzaj too , who I believe could be best "Albanian" player ever so far!

#UNBESOJ = #IBELIEVE

ICELAND JUST HAD THE MOST AMAZING COMEBACK I HAVE EVER SEEN FROM THEM!

We were 4-1 down against Switzerland on their home turf and managed a draw in the final minutes, 4-4! I am absolutely stoked, the hat-trick from Jóhann Berg Gudmundsson must be one of the better ones in the competition history, and I'm not even being all that biased!

big win for Slovakia in Bosna...now our chances are better and hopefully we can win next match... with new coach we play better and maybe Stoch will be back soon as well...then we can be even stronger.

End of the road for us. We played better than I would expect, though. I see potential in our young players, but then I remind myself I say that at the end of every qualifying. Being Serbian, eh?

Back
Top Bottom