FIFA World Cup Brasil 2014

Re: Road to the World Cup Brazil 2014

hu-t.gif
VS
ro-t.gif

YouTube - Ãgy edzett a válogatott kedden (HD)

meet our new squad member from Videoton

YouTube - 18. forduló Budapest Honvéd-Videoton 0-4 Kovács István gólja

Last edited:

Macedonia-Belgium 0-2
Mission accomplished. But not without luck. After 30 seconds it should have been 1-0, but we have a fantastic GK (and we all know that good GK's tend to be lucky).

Far from the best match.

2-2????

II-II?????

TWO-TWO????????????????

Friggin really?????????????????????

how can we be still so unfortunate? conceding a goal in the 93. minute wich by the way was prevented by a foul from a romaninan player against us without the ref calling it...and ofcourse the first goal we conceded, before that penalty the romanian attack was basicly offside
tumblr_lq7xyzqQ6i1qkkck4o1_250.gif

YouTube - Hungary vs Romania (2-2) All Goals & Highlights (22.03.2013)

Last edited:

Macedonia-Belgium 0-2
Mission accomplished. But not without luck. After 30 seconds it should have been 1-0, but we have a fantastic GK (and we all know that good GK's tend to be lucky).

Far from the best match.

Courtois was by far the best player yesterday. Belgium did not look like a team at all, they lost the ball very quickly everytime they won it. We we just didn't have the quality to get the goal, real shame.

And Fellaini should have been sent off imo.

Congratulation to Belgium, like a says to Gerd in private, I really want to see this generation go to WC2014.

Fellaini is a fantastic player with Everton, but i don't like him with our national team.
I would put De Bruyne where Fellaini played yesterday as the midfielder nearest Benteke.
At RW i would put our best player: Dries Mertens. Each and every match he played for our national team he was one of our best players.
People talk about Kompany, Witsel, Fellaini and Hazard. But our two best players are Mertens and De Bruyne. De Bruyne is a huge talent for such a young player.

And yes Courtois was our best player, Belgium played weak but the field disadvantaged the most technical team. In the end we won, that's all that counts...

I read a lot about people saying the field was bad, but considering the fact that there were very was very very heavy rain the last few weeks and a lot of snow too I thought the pitch was alright.

Fellaini wasn't at his Everton level at all yes.

On our side, Trickovski was really bad, didn't spot teammates, awful passes etc.

I think we did deserve atleast one goal, and the penalty for Belgium was exaggerated in my opinion, it looked like Hazard tripped himself and fell on Lazevski, but I still think Belgium would've gone on to win.

The goal was amateuristic defense from us.

Damjan, Belgium should have had a second penalty for a push or pull on Benteke...but this was just after Macedonian "penalty" ( a baltant dive) and a foul of Dembele the ref didn't see and then a Macedonian fouled Dembele and got a yellow...

But to be fair, Belgium were quite lucky on a couple of occasions: it should have been 1-0 after 30 seconds, Courtois was quite lucky with his "save" there....

Might be bias speaking, but I think the 'push' wasn't that much.

I know Macedonia won't qualify but our football is going upwards and it's good to see. We challenged Belgium yesterday and if we had gotten a point I think it would have been deserved.

I agree that Macedonia deserved a point at least. Your left back was the weak link of the team...he gifted Belgium two goals...

Albania won away at Norway 1-0 so they keep our hopes alive !

it was a really good performance by Albania , pitch on norway was so crap also temperature was around -15 so really hard , a possitive thing was that stadium wasn't full and there were more Albania supporters than Norwegian ones , you can hear our song all 90 min , a lot of guys travel there (around 5000) albanian supporters were in stadium , good they won for this guy and for whole nacionality , once again our guys from Kosovo had great match , special goalkepper who make 2-3 great saves on last 2 min's

now next one its against norway again this time at home so hope we have good performance and win that too so we can still dream about Brasil 2014 !

here's a beauty goal by Hamdi Salihu , just look carefully from where he com's to score , amazing trained well strategy !

http://youtu.be/FIEhZvC3KrY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAdScN_a9MM

Last edited:

I'd really be so frustrated to see if both Albania and Bosnia can't make it to the play-offs at least in the end considering the groups they have (not to disrespect the other teams but those two groups are pretty weak). Because (hopefully) these two will be the teams I'll support at the World Cup since I think both Hungary and Romania are better teams than Turkey and we just don't deserve to advance from the group.

Well, the qualifying round left a lot of impressions, gave some surprising results and some disappointment. Especially "pleased" with the North Irish, having heard about the storm in Belfast I was expecting some difficulties, but SO sh*t I do not expect it. I hope in the future they will find a protective film, well, or let it be asked in London if they really is so poor. Also, I can not understand why it was a rake to clean up the field, if it must be done with shovels? :CONFUSE:

Czech Rep. 0:3 Denmark
Very surprising result, especially at home arena of Czech. Czechs likely forget that this is not a friendly game, another explanation of this result, I can not find.

Spain 1:1 Finland
Excellent result from the Finns, very unexpected. Especially happy for young Pukki, remember him playing for HJK and now he is in the national team of Finland scoring a Spain, perhaps, it is the new rising star in football. Good luck, man!

Group E
"Albania and Iceland to fight for getting to the World Cup," Well, this should be very interesting. :D

Liechtenstein and Luxembourg
Very pleased with the play of these teams, a draw for them today is a victory, especially for Liechtenstein, which has recently been very slowed. ;)

I'd really be so frustrated to see if both Albania and Bosnia can't make it to the play-offs at least in the end considering the groups they have (not to disrespect the other teams but those two groups are pretty weak). Because (hopefully) these two will be the teams I'll support at the World Cup since I think both Hungary and Romania are better teams than Turkey and we just don't deserve to advance from the group.

well Bosnia I don't think need play off I hope they finish 1st , I think they are best on they're groupe so far

Albania its really hard , we don't have that quality team , but in same time our groupe its by far most poor groupe , so ts NOW OR NEVER :)

I really hope we make it , and if we do go on Brasil im really possitive we can grab some points as our NT play some really good football vs biggest teams , I thought Slovenia were better than this honestly , and thought Iceland its kind of Kazakhstan , Luxembourg team before we start playing but im surprised they are good ! if we beat Norway at home things gonna get interesting ;)

about Turkey im surprised they only have 6 points ! I mean how this happen ? I still think you have a strong team I would say similary to Bosnian and Croatia one (maybe a bit weaker than that but still a good team) , I was sure Turkey will not get problem to be 2nd even fight for 1st place with Holland but...seems I was wrong !

we will see on tuesday...but i fear in our group with Romania and Turkey will be some f'ed up stuff till the end a few ponts will decide in the end about the 2nd place i believe well at least for sure if Turkey will beat us Tuesday in Istambul

Yeah if Albania have any hopes of qualification in this generation it has to be now, the group is the "group of life" (as opposed to a "group of death"). The top 3 seeds were Norway, Slovenia and Switzerland in that order. Certainly Norway were by far and away the weakest 1st seed anyone could wish for: they havent been at a tournament for well over a decade (Euro 2000 was last one) and were only a first seed because the draw for the WC qualifiers happend before Euro 2012 qualification was complete. In July 2011, when the draw was made Norway were ranked 8th in Europe, but when the Euro 2012 qualifiers were over, in November 2011, Norway were a more realistic 16th. The other first seeds you could have got were: Spain, the Dutch, Germany, England, Portugal, Italy, Croatia, and Greece who are all several levels above Norway.

In second seeds you had Slovenia, whereas you could have had France, Montenegro, Russia, Sweden, Denmark, Turkey, Serbia and Slovakia. So again the second seeds were probably one you would hope for (certainly compared to France, Russia or perhaps even Denmark). Switzerland were, on paper, a hard 3rd pot team, but in practice there were other harder 3rd pot teams (Belgium, Czechs, Bosnia, perhaps Ukraine) and others of comparable ability, such as Ireland. Maybe Cyprus and Iceland are stronger than normal 5th and 6th pot teams (certainly Iceland) but it's better to have weaker 1st/2nd pot teams and stronger 5th/6th than the other way around.

2-2????

TWO-TWO????????????????

how can we be still so unfortunate? conceding a goal in the 93. minute wich by the way was prevented by a foul from a romaninan player against us without the ref calling it...and ofcourse the first goal we conceded, before that penalty the romanian attack was basicly offside

Oh, relax a little. The football from that match was abysmal on both sides. You guys publicly named our greatest faults before the game: we suck in set plays and our defenders pass the ball between them too much.

I haven't seen a worse game in a few years (probably because I haven't watched my own NT so much lately). :))
None of Romania, Hungary, Turkey will actually make it to the World Cup (well... I'd believe Turkey might pull it off IF they get to the play-offs). It's all a moot point and the only thing that matters are... the local rivalries.

I'll admit Romania in no way deserved a win, but Hungary didn't either. Instead of going for it and pressing/attacking at 1-0 and 2-1 they were content to play cautiously (or maybe couldn't do more?) and in the end it bit them in the ass.

We're somewhat at the same level, I'd say. Which is an improvement on Hungary's side, failing to score the last 4 or 5 games against us.
Either one of us can finish 2nd, and we (Romanians) rely on Piturca - an awful coach and person, but one who for some reason proves to be our talisman - usually getting better than expected results. This guy managed to qualify for every tournament where he's coached the whole campaign, including a 2007 finish above the Netherlands which we defeated 1-0 at home in the decisive match pre-Euro 2008. Where, going into the last group game, were favourites for 2nd place. What a failure that turned out to be...

As for disappointed Hungary fans... if you want retribution watch this video - it's spectacular; it was the last game of the qualifying round and we needed to win in Denmark. Just listen to the utter despair of the commentators, especially towards the end. It's hilarious. Hurt a lot but it should make you feel better.
In the end we blamed the referee, seeing as the last goal was a minute and a half after the added time. Truth is - we simply should have scored and have no one to blame but ourselves.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AdxG78mrTo

omg, after almost 15 years kiraly and his trademark pyjama pants are still out there! hahaha love him :D

lovely nostalgia...

305901_10151511999651941_1116393747_n.jpg

we can be grateful

Szalai played horrible alone in front on that wet pich and i dunno why we played like a defensive team, our defence suck...glad Böde came in the 2nd half, for a 15 minutes we could actually attack with 2 strikers

and now we have to win in Bucharest and hope for Turkey is still motivated in the next round

Oh, relax a little. The football from that match was abysmal on both sides. You guys publicly named our greatest faults before the game: we suck in set plays and our defenders pass the ball between them too much.

I haven't seen a worse game in a few years (probably because I haven't watched my own NT so much lately). :))
None of Romania, Hungary, Turkey will actually make it to the World Cup (well... I'd believe Turkey might pull it off IF they get to the play-offs). It's all a moot point and the only thing that matters are... the local rivalries.

I'll admit Romania in no way deserved a win, but Hungary didn't either. Instead of going for it and pressing/attacking at 1-0 and 2-1 they were content to play cautiously (or maybe couldn't do more?) and in the end it bit them in the ass.

We're somewhat at the same level, I'd say. Which is an improvement on Hungary's side, failing to score the last 4 or 5 games against us.
Either one of us can finish 2nd, and we (Romanians) rely on Piturca - an awful coach and person, but one who for some reason proves to be our talisman - usually getting better than expected results. This guy managed to qualify for every tournament where he's coached the whole campaign, including a 2007 finish above the Netherlands which we defeated 1-0 at home in the decisive match pre-Euro 2008. Where, going into the last group game, were favourites for 2nd place. What a failure that turned out to be...

As for disappointed Hungary fans... if you want retribution watch this video - it's spectacular; it was the last game of the qualifying round and we needed to win in Denmark. Just listen to the utter despair of the commentators, especially towards the end. It's hilarious. Hurt a lot but it should make you feel better.
In the end we blamed the referee, seeing as the last goal was a minute and a half after the added time. Truth is - we simply should have scored and have no one to blame but ourselves.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AdxG78mrTo

we gave away 2 points easily thats what bugs me and yeah even though we are underdogs against almost every team i would be pleased if we were beaten by eg. the french national team in the playoffs, i never experienced any succes since i live in our football so yeah i want even that too

but u have easier matches to come, u can beat Turkey and us but we cant beat Holland, only u guys... it would be a miracle getting to the play offs

Last edited:

This was featured in the Italian papers, because of De Biasi! Nice to see them do well :)

all tho it was friendly we won tonight 4-1 vs Lithuania , amazing performance , De Biasi surely its doing some great job , he bring some new faces on NT and more energy , also I see players giving maximum so this is what matter the most I believe !

De Biasi really found the key for national team , and I think its one of best coach we ever had , he give some more chance to young names , something that other coach's didnt do that much , I believe they just took names of what other coach use before and use same players and bored football , De Biasi it's following all player of albania around europe !

and we score 1st goal from free kick which its one of best free kick I ever saw :D

YouTube - Alban Meha 40yd Free Kick SCREAMER vs Lithuania [Albania vs Lithuania] 26/3/2013

Last edited:

Must be the worst scotland campaign i've ever witnessed, there's no tactical approach, there's no build up play, giving ball away to easy and when we need 2 goals, we stick with 1 upfront? worst football i've seen us play in my life.

Probably the worst team you've had as well though.

With the players you've got you might as well give up playing football and stick to caber tossing in the Highlands.

Thanks Hazard.
Not too impressed with Belgium in both matches against Macedonia.

Poor Pogba he was doing great until he got that red card, good match overall even though Spain didn't take the uperhand through the match but they were more realistic.

Back
Top Bottom