FIFA (All Versions) Career Mode Stories

Just out of interest, have you tried Legendary?
Yes, just switched to legendary and played 2 more games. Won 3-1 and won 1-0. Didn’t feel vastly different, if anything, CPU took its time more in midfield but still couldn’t hit a barn door with a banjo (I think that’s the phrase?)

Game is fundamentally broke. If I switch to semi or manual, it will definitely be harder to score - but won’t change the fact that the CPU feels like it’s playing in some kind of amateur mode regardless of difficulty.

I wonder if it’s becuse I play the default 6 min games? Don’t you guys play 12 min halves?

Saying that, the game v Man Utd was a joke. It was so one sided it was like I was visiting with Barcelona or Man City, not Leicester.

A quick google search and so many people are saying the same. This game could be very good but I can’t enjoy it when I’m winning without even have to think about it.

The game v Wolves I even had a what’s app chat with friend at same time. I could never do that on a game I’ve got to fully concentrate on.

Ah well, I’ve given it a go. Not wasting anymore time on football games this season, maybe Fifa 20 will give us a hard game again. I remember last hard Fifa was maybe 16 before the god awful new engine? I loved playing in legendary back then, had some amazing career modes.

I'm on 15 minutes.
And i often get good stats for the CPU.
I'll get back when I've played a top team,if it stays the way it is now,might have to do something else.
On the other hand ,played Chievo (dead last) won 3-2,I outshoot them,but a close call since they were sharp when finishing

I’ve just won my fifth fixture in a row, again, without having to really think about it, make any substitutions. This time I won 3-0 again.

I’m done with it, I was going to give it a try until at least half way through season but I just don’t see how the CPU will miraculously get better.

The issue is because I won the pre season tournament. Most of players have ‘up’ arrows and when this happens on Fifa, your team turns into superstars - all of them. They don’t leave that form unless you lose a few games which won’t happen because it’s so easy.

EA need to address this. The game is horrible online, FUT is a joke mode for kids. So all I have is career and it’s not fun beating big, small and medium size clubs with the same 11 because subs aren’t really required.

One positive is Mendy got injured for me in first match v Man U and is out for 2 months. I love that.

But the serious lack of fouls and easy matches make the game pointless playing.

why you force yourself to play this game ? you sounds like drama queen. You didnt realized for last 5 months that this game is too easy for you ? You always complain that its too easy but :D....... you use assisted controls and you call online broken - its true but online is broken coz all people use assisted controls what makes this game to be extra fast brainless tiki taka . Did you play online with semi controls ? 100% different experience but there is no chance now to find someone with semi :/

why you force yourself to play this game ? you sounds like drama queen. You didnt realized for last 5 months that this game is too easy for you ? You always complain that its too easy but :D....... you use assisted controls and you call online broken - its true but online is broken coz all people use assisted controls what makes this game to be extra fast brainless tiki taka . Did you play online with semi controls ? 100% different experience but there is no chance now to find someone with semi :/
I sound like a drama queen? I can play what I want, when I want and give feedback on it.

Assisted or not assisted doesn’t change how the CPU is turgid in attack.

And this game online is disgusting. So I’m not going there. You can’t choose ‘slow’ speed and I refuse to play the default speed.

I haven’t posted here properly in weeks so don’t insult me.

its your opininon , i still find AI to be challange for me sometimes but i dont play CM much , only friendly. No need to think that i wanted to insult you , just you reapeat same complain about how easy , easy , easy again and again - thats why i asked question :D

I'm really having fun playing this game ATM.
But one thing keeps bothering me,and it's how much/often the CPU backs off and don't attack)try to tackle my ball carrier around the box,the are quite aggressive around my box and mid pitch!
Should I raise marking? (at 45 right now)
@Matt10 or any other having knowledge on this.
I know it's not that simple value 1 affects 2 etc etc.
But any suggestions?
On Krebstars sliders ,LEG difficulty 15 min

But one thing keeps bothering me,and it's how much/often the CPU backs off and don't attack)try to tackle my ball carrier around the box,the are quite aggressive around my box and mid pitch!
But any suggestions?
You seem to be at same skill level as me but you don’t find it easy...where are Krebstar’s sliders?

And do you play semi passing and shooting? Maybe that will make things harder for me.

I want to really get into this. But not if it’s gonna so easy.

(Sorry @DerleiPT !)

You seem to be at same skill level as me but you don’t find it easy...where are Krebstar’s sliders?

And do you play semi passing and shooting? Maybe that will make things harder for me.

I want to really get into this. But not if it’s gonna so easy.

(Sorry @DerleiPT !)

https://forums.operationsports.com/...ifa-19-professional-world-cup-sliders-41.html

Ive done a few tweaks
Shooting 55/60
Passing 65/65 (or back to 69 if to pingy,)
FT error 75/70(good teams 75)

Yeah I'm on semi.
But if you set shooting to semi,through balls /lofted passes/crosses to manual and keep your "normal passing " assisted it will become much tougher ,but not impossible,and will be a challenge.

Sometimes ,depending on how you play (if you're on assisted) switching to manual through balls/lofted pass is enough.
We all play a lot of through balls ,and making those tougher gets the game much harder without sacrificing normal passing

Try em out ,start by going semi shooting and through balls (manual)
Good luck
Ps LEG or ULT is not really much of a difference.
Good tip is Vs a good and shitty team

https://forums.operationsports.com/...ifa-19-professional-world-cup-sliders-41.html

Ive done a few tweaks
Shooting 55/60
Passing 65/65 (or back to 69 if to pingy,)
FT error 75/70(good teams 75)

Yeah I'm on semi.
But if you set shooting to semi,through balls /lofted passes/crosses to manual and keep your "normal passing " assisted it will become much tougher ,but not impossible,and will be a challenge.

Sometimes ,depending on how you play (if you're on assisted) switching to manual through balls/lofted pass is enough.
We all play a lot of through balls ,and making those tougher gets the game much harder without sacrificing normal passing

Try em out ,start by going semi shooting and through balls (manual)
Good luck
Ps LEG or ULT is not really much of a difference.
Good tip is Vs a good and shitty team
Thanks mate

Frosinone away
I pretty much wrecked them first half.
Easy game I though,a bit worried I'd win 4/5-0.
But they came back second half and made it both 2-1 and 2-2 in what became a very tough game.
I was lucky to score a 3-2 winner late in the game

Ps if you look at the first goal,that's what I mean with defenders being passive/backing off.
Not good enough.

Fun and good game though

But any suggestions?

Marking helps, but it's more of a sideline to sideline marking. I would recommend simply raising length gradually. The CPU gets to their preset line position based on CTT and the slider length value. If you're under 50, no matter what, there will be a sense of backing off. It's just a matter of what values help to compliment the length settings.

Personally, I've used 50 length more with a higher height value to get less resistance through the pitch. My buddy Laxing plays and streams more than I do if you want to watch the matches: https://www.twitch.tv/laxing_/videos

Marking helps, but it's more of a sideline to sideline marking. I would recommend simply raising length gradually. The CPU gets to their preset line position based on CTT and the slider length value. If you're under 50, no matter what, there will be a sense of backing off. It's just a matter of what values help to compliment the length settings.

Personally, I've used 50 length more with a higher height value to get less resistance through the pitch. My buddy Laxing plays and streams more than I do if you want to watch the matches: https://www.twitch.tv/laxing_/videos
Appreciated Matt.
I'll check out his stream.
Yeah I saw my length is very low (21) width at 46.

I think I might re think these settings for real.
Once again, appreciate your input buddy

So all I have is career and it’s not fun beating big, small and medium size clubs with the same 11 because subs aren’t really required.
That was always one of the biggest issues in Career mode. There is absolutely nothing to do in game plan once you set it up.
In Pes we have arrow forms, if players play out of position they are shit, add to it cards and injuries, and before each match you have to make some adjustments..

In Fifa, if they are not injured, you dont have to do anything. It gets very boring very fast.
The only thing that was saving it in previous versions were injuries and cards, which are almost non existent in 19.
Oh and these requests from players
"Boss, can i play?" Or "boss let me rest"
It was a cool addition and I always did what they asked, because i didnt have any other reason to rotate players..

Do people really think that because the OVR doesn't change when you play someone out of position that they're just as good there? (That's not a rhetorical question, it's just a question!)

I've played LWs/RWs as LMs/RMs and found they're not as effective - same with CFs playing as CAMs - and it's something I've had to do often because I don't have squad depth after selling half my team...

I think it works a bit like FUT - in that a few key attributes suffer and they end up screwing up more often, e.g. passes, crosses...

Do people really think that because the OVR doesn't change when you play someone out of position that they're just as good there? (That's not a rhetorical question, it's just a question!)

I've played LWs/RWs as LMs/RMs and found they're not as effective - same with CFs playing as CAMs - and it's something I've had to do often because I don't have squad depth after selling half my team...

I think it works a bit like FUT - in that a few key attributes suffer and they end up screwing up more often, e.g. passes, crosses...
Obviously a CB on a LB position Will make it difference (him not as good) ,but it's hard not knowing,on paper ,what the difference is when changing positions.
That would probably solve a lot knowing it.
Like it is on Pes.

Last edited:

It’s a fair question mate.

I have been playing a 4-2-3-1 narrow. I play wingers in the three ‘number 10’ positions and it doesn’t effect how they play at all but one would argue that wingers would be happy playing there anyway.

My issue is I can play CMs at CAM and it doesn’t really hamper them at all. It annoys me, again, as it makes things easy.

Reading yours and Rock’s posts I get jealous, it’s like you play a different game to me - the CPU simply doesn’t attack me enough to ever score more than one goal. It sits back, regardless of team, with gaps everywhere.

The only thing I have noticed is cameras make a huge difference to difficulty for me. If I use the co-op camera, it’s great because you see so much more of the gameplay. But it feels more ‘stiff’ and difficult. It doesn’t make the CPU attack me more, but I don’t create chances as easily.

But when I play on default, or tele broadcast camera, I dominate from minute 1 to 90+.

I also love broadcast camera - game is a joy to look at in that. I can’t score goals at all that way though. So I might start a new career using that camera or maybe co-op and put up with the lack of fouls and CPU not being aggressive.

I haven't played 19 a lot, but on 18 I did not see any difference when swapping MF's around, even tho they had only one specified position.
I wouldnt come up with a genius plan to play CF as a defender, but once area of the pitch was similar - I did not see any difference.
Especially when all of them had arrows up.
But that's just my experience.

Edit: just remembered one particular situation. I changed formation in some unknown lower team, where I didnt know anyone. I swapped the low OVR's with higher ones on same positions. Left all the good players the way COM set them up after changing formation. After good few games my "striker" got injured and it turned out my striker was RMF all along.

Last edited:
Another game, another penalty (video here) and a Gerrard-like drive (video here)!

After beating West Ham and now West Brom (rock bottom of the league), the table now looks like this as we approach the half-way point... Ignore how ridiculous the top four is!

YBupNqq.jpg

Exactly where we (and Mike Ashley) want to be. Really good run of form, but largely because we've played a lot of games against easier teams in the last few games. I feel like a banana-skin is around the corner...

Last edited:
Just had my first test of the season.
Juventus away.
Holy crap,they pinned me down for a good 30 min.
You know who scored on a header first half.
I couldn't break down their defense no matter how hard I tried.
But,on a corner I got a lucky bounce and played it out to my winger Sanabria how ran all the way down and made it 1-1.
With 10 minutes to go I had a corner and the rebound from my header bounced to Kuame my RWF who took a shoot and made it 2-1.
Final minutes of the game I took 4 yellow cards and tackled just about everything to stop and slow Juventus down
Won it 2-1.
I had 8 shoots that game,never been this pressed ,lucky win!

The sliders made the game easier! For me anyway. Even though I preferred the gameplay, it destroyed any CPU attacking intent.

I am gonna do experiment today. I always struggle with co-op camera like I said before, it all feels slower and more ‘PES like’ but also a bit stiff. But still enjoyable. So that camera and default sliders. Ultimate difficulty. Let’s see what happens this time....

Also:- keep your stories coming guys I love reading about your journeys.

It’s a different game now. Default sliders, Ultimate difficulty, slow.

I’m Leicester and struggling. CPU is far more aggressive.

The downside is game is more hectic and quicker. But it’s challenging. I’m using a camera I’m not used to and the cpu went 2-0 in the first half! I’m actually trying to win and can’t.

I love it. Hopefully it says hard.

The sliders dumb down the CPU too much. They break the game for me. On the ball, I love Chris’s Set B sliders but they make the game waaaay too easy.

Default sliders are way to go for me because everything feels balanced but again, hectic and still too quick even on Slow.

It’s a different game now. Default sliders, Ultimate difficulty, slow.

I’m Leicester and struggling. CPU is far more aggressive.

The downside is game is more hectic and quicker. But it’s challenging. I’m using a camera I’m not used to and the cpu went 2-0 in the first half! I’m actually trying to win and can’t.

I love it. Hopefully it says hard.

The sliders dumb down the CPU too much. They break the game for me. On the ball, I love Chris’s Set B sliders but they make the game waaaay too easy.

Default sliders are way to go for me because everything feels balanced but again, hectic and still too quick even on Slow.
Nice that you found settings working for you.
Bet you have to sacrifice something to get a challenge.

Nice that you found settings working for you.
Bet you have to sacrifice something to get a challenge.
Thanks Rock.

I like this game a lot when it’s challenging me and keeping me on my toes. I can handle it being a bit quicker if it means I’m not winning every game 3-0.

Braga gave me hell of a game just now, I lost 3-1! When I was using sliders, I beat them without breaking sweat.

Thanks Rock.

I like this game a lot when it’s challenging me and keeping me on my toes. I can handle it being a bit quicker if it means I’m not winning every game 3-0.

Braga gave me hell of a game just now, I lost 3-1! When I was using sliders, I beat them without breaking sweat.
Sounds great pal.
I'm probably going back to Operation sports community sliders,probably a bit quicker etc.
I'm on 20/13 pass speed in my current set,and they're at 45/45,so I guess a bit quicker,but also much tougher.
Hope it stays tough

Switched to operation sports community sliders by @Matt10 and co.
Don't know why I haven't used them for 19
I have had them for FIFA 15-16-17-18 before,and they have always delivered.
So much harder,like night and day from my old set.

Played Stade Rennes in the Europa League at home.
They're a team about my caliber.
And I got dominated from time to time.
IMG_20190331_225018.jpg

These stats is a first for me,being outshoot by the CPU.
A bit on the high side for pass percentage.
But the rest is brilliant.

I thought after my first 10 games on this career that I could keep a team around 75 ovr and still be competitive,I don't anymore.
I'm giving WC a go next game to see how they stack up there.
Big thanks to Matt and co.
Great set

Udinese at home.
Should be a breeze.
I've gone down to WC to give those a spin.
And,going back to my most used settings as well,just to try this out properly.
Assisted passing,manual through/lofted pass semi shooting 15 minutes WC.

I'll post a video in a bit breaking that "easy game"up
That video will also have a penalty my way,you might want to pay some attention @Chris Davies :)
Here the stats/score sheet.
Jeezuuz!
IMG_20190331_234933.jpg

Ps playing Inter away next game,and I'm keeping these settings for that game,and if they pass that one,it's a keeper!

My game Vs Udinese.
A Brick wall defense ,couldn't really create much inside the box Vs them,until Kuame ,my 19 year old trickster started to dribble and created chances

Late in the game the score is 1-1 and I decided to switch to an attacking 3-5-2 with an AMF behind the strikers to win the game.
Well...

Inter away was a weird and pretty much unplayable game.
Played it on WC, just like me Vs Udinese,same settings.
But wow,felt like I was chasing the ball between two hard hitting tennis players.
Everything you'd hate about Fifa if not being a fifa player was there,no stepping on the ball for 90 min,insane pass speed,overpowered CPU defenders catching you at all times ,reacting faster than you'll ever be able to do.
I should have recorded it for education and anti fifa gamers.

I lost this game 1-0.
I instantly replayed the game on LEG with a lower pass speed,started at 30 (from 45) and ended up with a pass speed at 40 and the game was good again.

Don't really like replaying a game,but I need to find a balance that works both Vs soft and hard teams.
Weirdly enough it seems to work better on LEG than WC.
Game Vs inter ended 1-0 them (they also had 2 goals waived off for offside)

So I'll guess I'll stick with LEG or play LEG Vs tough teams and WC Vs weaker ones.
Really odd this

Back
Top Bottom