FIFA (All Versions) Career Mode Stories

Well well well, I think I could kiss @Chris Davies

Started a new Career. Leicester City. Default sliders. Slow. Ultimate. Default assists EXCEPT shooting set to SEMI.

Pre-Season in Portugal, in the Euro Cup. First up is Mainz 05. Jesus Christ, they pressed and pressed and pressed like mad men. I couldn’t get near them, lost 3-0. I have to add, I did play a few youth products who I’ve never actually seen play for Leicester before (I always do this in pre-season.)

Next up, Braga (I always play these in pre-season for some reason!). I’m creating chances and go 1-0 up with a header just before HT. Braga equalises in second half. I eventually win with a lovely Jamie Vardy finish, a little slotted effort which I didn’t mean to do. I win 2-1 and it was a TOUGH match.

I like semi. I’m not hitting the target every time and scoring easy chances.

But the two games I played, the CPU pressed me like mad. And I struggled.

Fingers crossed for me friends - I hope SEMI shooting is the way forward for me.

Well well well, I think I could kiss @Chris Davies

Started a new Career. Leicester City. Default sliders. Slow. Ultimate. Default assists EXCEPT shooting set to SEMI.

Pre-Season in Portugal, in the Euro Cup. First up is Mainz 05. Jesus Christ, they pressed and pressed and pressed like mad men. I couldn’t get near them, lost 3-0. I have to add, I did play a few youth products who I’ve never actually seen play for Leicester before (I always do this in pre-season.)

Next up, Braga (I always play these in pre-season for some reason!). I’m creating chances and go 1-0 up with a header just before HT. Braga equalises in second half. I eventually win with a lovely Jamie Vardy finish, a little slotted effort which I didn’t mean to do. I win 2-1 and it was a TOUGH match.

I like semi. I’m not hitting the target every time and scoring easy chances.

But the two games I played, the CPU pressed me like mad. And I struggled.

Fingers crossed for me friends - I hope SEMI shooting is the way forward for me.
Just remember all this when it gets too easy again (especially if you really improve your team, which does make it easier - which obviously it should do)! Because you can tweak your way around it, whether that's semi passing, slider changes or a combination of the two - and what you get out of it is a football experience you can't get elsewhere (it's not perfect but you get things - GAMEPLAY things - you can't get out of PES).

Just remember all this when it gets too easy again (especially if you really improve your team, which does make it easier - which obviously it should do)! Because you can tweak your way around it, whether that's semi passing, slider changes or a combination of the two - and what you get out of it is a football experience you can't get elsewhere (it's not perfect but you get things - GAMEPLAY things - you can't get out of PES).
Yeah I’m done with restarting the career over and over. This is it for me now.

If it does get too easy I will change a slider or two.

What sliders make things harder?

Yeah I’m done with restarting the career over and over. This is it for me now.

If it does get too easy I will change a slider or two.

What sliders make things harder?
Well you can give them an advantage in anything, even if it's by a single point it makes them stronger (not that I need to do that - I'm playing on Ultimate with sliders that slow passing right down and increase fatigue, with the defensive line higher and wider because I abuse wingers otherwise, but no AI advantages given, and I'm losing badly to average teams, so if anything it's unrealistically hard for me at the minute)!

The most basic thing you could do though is to give the AI a slight speed boost. Or offset pass speed so that theirs is higher than yours. But ONLY if you need to (hopefully you won't now), only as a last resort.

I'll post up my new slider set shortly, it's not massively different but pass speed is in the 30s and it means mistakes from the AI, whilst being fast enough for them to dominate with good teams (but you have to get used to the speed being a bit too fast - but if you're playing on 50s now, you already are).

Thanks Chris.

Bloody hard so far. Lost 2-0 away at Man Utd. Just drew 0-0 with Wolves.

Default sliders feel perfect at moment, if a little too fast and manic at times.

Really enjoying it.

Thanks Chris.

Bloody hard so far. Lost 2-0 away at Man Utd. Just drew 0-0 with Wolves.

Default sliders feel perfect at moment, if a little too fast and manic at times.

Really enjoying it.
Over the last few weeks I've come to the conclusion that a higher pass error (for both sides) than 55 just makes the AI's crosses rubbish, without really having any impact on their passing accuracy, so it becomes pointless. But 55 adds just a touch of (realistic) error without breaking crosses (for good players).

But pass speed can be reduced to 35 or so, and it's still fast, but it shouldn't make the game any easier (and it introduces slow/poor passes you can intercept). Give it a go!

Also, I've dropped sprint to 35 (which is still fast enough, but you could say 40) and acceleration I've actually increased to 51. This increases fatigue (and means you simply can't substitute all your tired players every week), and gives you a bit more responsiveness that the lower sprint speed takes away.

Try experimenting with these (or even just a couple of them), you'll get the speed slower but keep the difficulty, I promise you!

Back to my Newcastle career.

Guys. The game just broke my heart.

Can't stress it enough. Absolutely gutted. This is the last game in December, against Liverpool. The winning streak ended in the last game, against Crystal Palace at home (lost 1-0).

I thought I'd settle for a draw - especially at Anfield. Then I noticed they were playing their kids - so I thought, let's take it to them and not immediately go on the defensive.

Get a load of this. Quite a physical game, and count how many blocks there are!

(If you can't be arsed watching five minutes, just fast forward 4:20 and watch Van Dijk's toe, etc...)

:(

Back to my Newcastle career.

Guys. The game just broke my heart.

Can't stress it enough. Absolutely gutted. This is the last game in December, against Lvierpool. The winning streak ended in the last game, against Crystal Palace at home (lost 1-0).

I thought I'd settle for a draw - especially at Anfield. Then I noticed they were playing their kids - so I thought, let's take it to them and not immediately go on the defensive.

Get a load of this. Quite a physical game, and count how many blocks there are!

(If you can't be arsed watching five minutes, just fast forward 4:20 and watch Van Dijk's toe, etc...)

:(

Ouch!
You deserved 3pts there.
Looked like my game Vs Udinese where I got fucked twice the last 5-10 min.

Ps love the shoot that hit the LFC defenders moneymaker:)

DLLL
That's my four last games.
Just lost a EL game away Vs Rennes 3-2.
Their game winner came in the 94th minute
Almost threw my controller in to the wall.

I moved back to ultimate and operation sports slider (41 pass speed) and they are insanely tough.

After 6 losses and 2 draws the past 8 games I finally won a game.
Home Vs SPAL.
Next game is a EL game Vs Randers,which I must win,and also hope for a loss for Kiev Vs Rennes,or I'm out of that competition

Since going back to the Community set it's been tough as hell.
I've modified a few things though, injuries up to 80 ,and I'm seeing quite a lot of them right now.
So EL ,do or die.
Wish me luck!

After 6 losses and 2 draws the past 8 games I finally won a game.
Home Vs SPAL.
Next game is a EL game Vs Randers,which I must win,and also hope for a loss for Kiev Vs Rennes,or I'm out of that competition

Since going back to the Community set it's been tough as hell.
I've modified a few things though, injuries up to 80 ,and I'm seeing quite a lot of them right now.
So EL ,do or die.
Wish me luck!
YOU CAN DO IT! Keep it tight, don't commit too many forward, keep the game balanced until you get a good chance to counter!

Since switching to Ultimate (and I began fiddling with sliders using the Operation Sports Community set too), I'm absolutely hopeless. That stoppage-time defeat to Liverpool is now the closest I've come to a point in four games (but it all feels fair).

Also - the transfer window is now open, Mr. Ashley is reminding me weekly that I need to sell a lot of players to get us to the profit level he demands - and to make matters worse, I've just had this pop up...

j3uXSGh.jpg

...and I LOVE it, I love the stat, I love the pressure, and I love that the player's morale is sinking. Everything in the career world links together really well, I just wish A) I could see opposition formations pre-kick-off without connecting up a second controller, and B) I could get Newcastle out of this funk...

We were in the Europa League place (our goal for this season) but now we've sunk to 9th (and Haller's now reached eight games without a goal).

It's all going wrong.

@Chris Davies glad I'm not alone in my misery:)

The pressure is real,you know it and feel it every game,you play well and even very well and get hit with a goal and you start thinking "here we go again"

It's really there,haven't felt it in other games/careers I've done before.

That's pretty much my only complaint (apart from fouls) I want to see the CPU lineup before I set my team up.
That needs to change.

Being on a shit run,as you know,it's so hard to break free from it.
Morale and player forms starts to dip.

I'm just lucky I'm not having Mr Sportsdirect as a boss.
I have a very good board.
1 Set Up and sign Youth players
2 fix the economy (easy since I've only signed one player and sold two,so I'm in the clear)
3 mid table finish

Since I have 15+ players out on loan,5-6 being starter material next season,I think my transfer window next season will be quiet too!

Poor Haller,he's not in a happy place right now.
Hope you turn it around.
Good luck buddy

Ps I really think they made the EL good getting the licences this year.
Think Alex Rae and Lee Dixon are a great signing

I thought I got through to the round of 32 in the EL,me beating Randers,and Rennes beating Kiev had me in the same points as Kiev,but with 12-8 goal difference Vs Kiev's 10-9.
Happy days right,?

IMG_20190402_174133.jpg

I couldn't really get this in to my head,so I looked up rules and regulations in The EL
Screenshot_20190402-181133~2.jpg
It's the goal difference between us and them that matters
Since I beat Kiev 2-1 away,and they beat me 2-0 at home,well they're through!
Heartbreaker!
#uefamaffia

I thought I got through to the round of 32 in the EL,me beating Randers,and Rennes beating Kiev had me in the same points as Kiev,but with 12-8 goal difference Vs Kiev's 10-9.
Happy days right,?

View attachment 13939

I couldn't really get this in to my head,so I looked up rules and regulations in The EL
View attachment 13940
It's the goal difference between us and them that matters
Since I beat Kiev 2-1 away,and they beat me 2-0 at home,well they're through!
Heartbreaker!
#uefamaffia
Absolutely heartbreaking - I remember this becoming the new rule (pretty recently right?).

Really sorry, Rock - 10pts is pretty good for that group though (excluding poor old Randers). I'm proud of you!

Absolutely heartbreaking - I remember this becoming the new rule (pretty recently right?).

Really sorry, Rock - 10pts is pretty good for that group though (excluding poor old Randers). I'm proud of you!
Cheers mate, appreciate it!
Thinks it's relatively new.
In Italy they have all sorts of strange rules when two teams end up at the same points,wasn't prepared for it here though!
Players were celebrating after the final whistle too.
Saw the result after the game and felt "yes!"
Looked at the table....and the draw...I was out!
Not the end of the world though,took a big chop in my rating though!
Better win that cup or finish top seven now.
Been having insanely good games lately.
Truly a joy this!

How's Haller doing?
Keeping his chin up?

How's Haller doing?
Keeping his chin up?
One more goalless league game (0-0), so I dropped him for the FA Cup game against Chelsea, putting on Benteke - who scored a brilliant individual goal after five minutes and then... We lost 3-1 (only after they equalised and in the second half we went all-out attack, I can't help myself).

Next league game, brought him on after Benteke wasn't getting on the end of any crosses - at this point we were 2-1 down to Tottenham (my defenders are just too slow for the likes of Dele Alli).

Within a few minutes of coming on...

Amazing - but then, the defender on the line is bundled into by the keeper (which isn't represented very well by the animation, it makes him look like he's just ducking) - and as for Jonjo, I don't think his hopping touch/finish is physically possible to be honest... (I blame acceleration being on 51, I've put it back to 50, and increased first touch error for good measure...)

So after messing around with different sliders, assists, tactics and formations etc I’ve settled on:

Ultimate difficulty, default sliders, default 6 min halves, Slow, Tele Brodcast camera Height 20 Zoom 0.

Of course, I started a brand new Career because this will be my ‘serious’ save now that I’m happy with my settings. My team is Leicester City. The owners want me to qualify for the Europa League within two seasons and finish at least 11th in my first season.

My default formation will be 4-3-3 Holding. When defending a lead I switch to a 4-5-1 flat. If I need a goal or two I switch to a 4-3-2-1, which is a lovely system to use when chasing a goal.

I use press on heavy touch. Quite a high line but nothing crazy (6/10). Balanced tactics as I find players don’t make good enough runs off the ball if I set it to possession. Plus I like to play quite direct at times.

First game up, and we’ve flown to Portugal to play Espanyol in the Euro Cup or whatever it’s called.

I win 2-0 - Espanyol sit deep all game and try to hit me on counter attacks but get nowhere. I give a few youngsters a run out to see if they’ve got anything about them. I’m quite impressed with the young winger I’ve got. Can’t remember his name without looking!

Second game and it’s completely different to the first. I’m playing against FC Koln. These are a Bundesliga 2. side so I’m ready to comfortably win. Not a chance, they go 1-0 up pretty quickly. Then I equalise, straight away they go 2-1 up. I manage to draw it though by scoring an equaliser. It was such a different match to the one against Espanyol. They’ve got a player called Dominik Draxler and he absolutely ran the show for them!

Third match is against Sporting. I manage to win it 2-1 but it’s pretty tough. My youngster gets the winner on the 87th minute too by the way!

So it’s the semi final of the Euro Cup next. I’m enjoying myself. I need to complete an entire season to see how I fare. What’s given me hope is that many people say that on Ultimate, you can play an easy game and then an extremely challenging one the game after. That’s like real football I guess?

Watch this space.

One more goalless league game (0-0), so I dropped him for the FA Cup game against Chelsea, putting on Benteke - who scored a brilliant individual goal after five minutes and then... We lost 3-1 (only after they equalised and in the second half we went all-out attack, I can't help myself).

Next league game, brought him on after Benteke wasn't getting on the end of any crosses - at this point we were 2-1 down to Tottenham (my defenders are just too slow for the likes of Dele Alli).

Within a few minutes of coming on...

Amazing - but then, the defender on the line is bundled into by the keeper (which isn't represented very well by the animation, it makes him look like he's just ducking) - and as for Jonjo, I don't think his hopping touch/finish is physically possible to be honest... (I blame acceleration being on 51, I've put it back to 50, and increased first touch error for good measure...)
Solid!
Its the old Liverpool guys doing it.

I'm on a quite high FTE right now (for both) 75/80 and 37 pass speed,opens up for strange bounces and actually a bit scrappier gameplay!

Good win there,can't stand spurs :)
Hope you do well in the rest of your league run.

Yeah I feel some of my result have been weird 4-1 or 1-4 only to remember it's either me or the CPU going fully forward last 10-15 minute making that scoreline happening

I'd say ultimate is the most balanced difficulty.
CPU makes mistakes,good players/teams play really good,but they make humanlike mistakes too,which rarely happens on LEG,and very rarely in WC (which feels cheaty at times)
I live ULT difficulty!

I find the skill levels very difficult to judge this year, as depending on what leagues you play in provide different experiences.

I absolutely love playing on Legendary and Ultimate when playing in the lower leagues, the game feels almost real.
The CPU will make mistakes, mis-pass the ball, miss headers and make genuine mistakes, the game feels really genuine.

However in the Premier League the CPU some games will just absolutely batter you, I lost one game against Chelsea (being Southampton) 7-1 the CPU scored with every shot all flying into the top corner from range, except 1 header.
The CPU makes Barcelona's TIKA-TAKA look like long mis-placed passes, and also do this weird constant shielding thing followed by a skill move to just drag the ball away from your player, which ruins the experience completely.
But then playing a mid table team you might have 2-1 Win or Lose and the game feels fun and enjoyable, despite the couple of CPU moments of brilliance.

World Class as always been a weird skill level, as you can completely dominant the CPU and easily end the game with 60-70% possession on Semi, score a few goals and win the majority of games.
However the CPU just does weird random things on this skill level where all of a sudden it will do something incredible and score. And even have a moment where you just can't touch the ball for 20 minutes.
The best way I think to describe WC is Professional with AI cheats.

Professional skill level I have not tried for about 2/3 years as I started a career mode with Southampton and very comfortably won every game 4/5 nil and no effort was required.

P.S. I always play the game on slow - Which is still too fast.

Question:-

Do my players improve/decline if I DON’T do the training drills. I really can’t be bothered with it, it’s pretty mind numbing.

Question:-

Do my players improve/decline if I DON’T do the training drills. I really can’t be bothered with it, it’s pretty mind numbing.
You can just simulate the training every week.
This. I find pressing "simulate all" a little more realistic too (though it's still too overpowered), because you won't get As for every player every week.

You can just simulate the training every week.

This. I find pressing "simulate all" a little more realistic too (though it's still too overpowered), because you won't get As for every player every week.

Thanks!

I knew about simulate all, I just get too eager to play my next match.

So players won’t improve unless I train them?

Do players overall ratings decline, I can’t remember?

Thanks @rockstrongo

This game is harder since update, good lord!!!

Lost my first PL fixture v Man Utd 6-2. Yes, 6-2!

Drew my second v Wolves 1-1.

Beat Southampton away in my third 2-1.

Every match has felt completely different. I’m even tempted to have a Sky Bet save as well now, take the mighty Aston Villa back to the big time!

Thanks @rockstrongo

This game is harder since update, good lord!!!

Lost my first PL fixture v Man Utd 6-2. Yes, 6-2!

Drew my second v Wolves 1-1.

Beat Southampton away in my third 2-1.

Every match has felt completely different. I’m even tempted to have a Sky Bet save as well now, take the mighty Aston Villa back to the big time!
Tough as hell buddy.
Got beaten by Inter 5-2.
But, wouldn't want it any other way.
Bring back Villa to where they belong.
I've done a Villa save every year since Fifa 15.

Tough as hell buddy.
Got beaten by Inter 5-2.
But, wouldn't want it any other way.
Bring back Villa to where they belong.
I've done a Villa save every year since Fifa 15.
I’ll start one tonight!

Do you know what? We might have a Career Mode that will keep us going until FIFA 20.

I’m...actually enjoying this!

Back
Top Bottom