FIFA (All Versions) Career Mode Stories

Chievo 1-1 Genoa
Played that game with 3 youngster,they did ok,but not having the edge on my mf I didn't get anywhere.

Genoa 1-0 Lazio
Lazio turned out to be like breaking down a wall,so solid in defense,I was lucky getting a game winner late Vs them,even more lucky to not concede a goal in the dying minutes.
Great game

Genoa 4-2 Frosinone
This game was weird,2-2 after 17 minutes,my defense were all over the place.
I was lucky to score my 3-2 game at the end there,and when they threw everything up,I scored a 4th one.
3 important points.

Parma 1-0 Genoa.
This game I simmed,I got my youngsters a go again,pretty much a new 11 in the pitch.

After 27 games I'm up to 2nd place behind Juventus (better separation between great-good-crappy teams ffs EA)
View attachment 14272

Next game is at home Vs Juventus,i have a well rested and injury free squad,which is crucial since I'm playing Napoli in the cup semi right after!

Ps I'm leaving this one here.
Penalty right?

Really nice stuff.. I was planning on starting a career but as of now I don't have time to play.. I love to read your recounts and the ones of the others as well.. it seems that Fifa's career, with all his flaws, it's still the better one to create a solid storytelling!

By the way mate.. I love you but stop beating Lazio please.. it's already an emotional rollercoaster in real life nowadays.. I beg you :LOL:!

Really nice stuff.. I was planning on starting a career but as of now I don't have time to play.. I love to read your recounts and the ones of the others as well.. it seems that Fifa's career, with all his flaws, it's still the better one to create a solid storytelling!

By the way mate.. I love you but stop beating Lazio please.. it's already an emotional rollercoaster in real life nowadays.. I beg you :LOL:!
Ha ha sorry mate:)
Think Lazio has been up and down this season,but a few solid wins,latest derby was a real show of force.
How about being a Roma fan right now...marone!

Yeah it takes time,I've played 4 games today,usually get around to about two a day,every other weekend it's a no go for me with kids etc!
Hope you find some time to do a CM buddy,I find Fifa to be quite good doing this atm.

If you'd do one,not Lazio right?
Kinda hard doing it with a team you support ,doesn't work for me!
Thanks a lot Mac

Ha ha sorry mate:)
Think Lazio has been up and down this season,but a few solid wins,latest derby was a real show of force.
How about being a Roma fan right now...marone!

Yeah it takes time,I've played 4 games today,usually get around to about two a day,every other weekend it's a no go for me with kids etc!
Hope you find some time to do a CM buddy,I find Fifa to be quite good doing this atm.

If you'd do one,not Lazio right?
Kinda hard doing it with a team you support ,doesn't work for me!
Thanks a lot Mac

Aahah, yeah you're right on pretty much all rocky..

I find extremely hard to do careers with my team too.. strangely, in recent time I did one with Lazio in 17, which lasted me more than three seasons.. the longer I've played a season in Fifa. But usually yeah, it's a no go, I try every year but outside of that 17 exception, it kinda always breaks my suspension of disbelief..

I had many other ideas.. middle of the table team in Italy, another Premier League round or the more exotic one: to start a career in J-League, for some reasons it's intriguing me.. but for now I'll just read you guys adventures !

My plan is to stick around in Genoa for a few season, then probably head to Spain (stadiums!!) or maybe to Germany.
My plan is Spain as well, for the stadiums and the broadcast package (you get the broadcast package in Germany too but not the manager models and stadiums).

Not that I care a great deal about the manager models - especially when A) they're laughably bad, check out Roy Hodgson and Neil Warnock, they've got Lego-man hair, and B) they're the reason manager movement doesn't happen any more.

Given how little time I've got to play at the minute, and Snooker 19 is out next week (and I can't wait), I don't think this will happen - but bearing in mind there's a 15 season limit in Career Mode, I was planning to do five years with Newcastle, five with a Spanish team and five in the J-League or similar.

But I'll be happy if I just get Newcastle into the top five again...

My plan is Spain as well, for the stadiums and the broadcast package (you get the broadcast package in Germany too but not the manager models and stadiums).

Not that I care a great deal about the manager models - especially when A) they're laughably bad, check out Roy Hodgson and Neil Warnock, they've got Lego-man hair, and B) they're the reason manager movement doesn't happen any more.

Given how little time I've got to play at the minute, and Snooker 19 is out next week (and I can't wait), I don't think this will happen - but bearing in mind there's a 15 season limit in Career Mode, I was planning to do five years with Newcastle, five with a Spanish team and five in the J-League or similar.

But I'll be happy if I just get Newcastle into the top five again...
Spain has some package ,got to be the best outside the PL.
I can't really play any other sports game at the same time as FIFA/Pes, don't know why I can't do it.
Top 5 finish got to be a good goal for Newcastle.
Might stay longer at Genoa too

Juventus at home turned out to be quite tough.
Hefty video coverage later on (seems YouTube is on strike)

Works for me buddy, I thought you were going to steal it with the free kick at the end (a foul by the AI, what the hell)!

Their equaliser was a horrible goal to concede, but great game, unlucky!

Works for me buddy, I thought you were going to steal it with the free kick at the end (a foul by the AI, what the hell)!

Their equaliser was a horrible goal to concede, but great game, unlucky!
Thanks Chris.
Yeah I've been getting a few free kicks lately,always Vs the big teams (more aggression)

I’m getting a few free kicks. I’ve had two penalties already (one in pre season and one in the league campaign.)

Also, injuries. I love getting an email “Andre Green has injured his shoulder and will be out for 14 days.”

Lots of neat little touches that I forgot existed because I spent so much time with the mind numbing Master League.

I’m loving how differently every team plays. This is so obvious in Fifa 19. I don’t know what happened to this game but it’s damn good now.

Default sliders are great on Slow.

Edit:- before I forget though. The one thing I’m not keen on is when the CPU scores the power header goals that happen from outside the box. They look weird and only happen on Ultimate. I don’t mind too much because it keeps the game hard and keeps everything challenging. They just look silly.

I was just looking at a few of my player’s traits. It says ‘Playmaker (CPU Only)’ for Conor Hourihane. What’s this mean?

It means that players will be more likely to get him the ball for play building, they will make more runs and be available for a pass when he has the ball instead, and his Vision and Short Passing should also get a slight boost :))

It means that players will be more likely to get him the ball for play building, they will make more runs and be available for a pass when he has the ball instead, and his Vision and Short Passing should also get a slight boost :))
Thanks mate, good to know!

Napoli away in the coppa Italia!
I got 1-0 up quite early on a penalty.
2-0 not long after.
I was 3-1 up around the 65th minute,even though Napoli played well I started to feel a bit to sure I'd win this game comfortably.
Made two subs right after my 3-1 goal.
Napoli worked their way back and scored both 2-3 and 3-3 just before there 90 minute mark.
Blame myself for being sloppy.
Both me and Napoli went for it the final overtime minutes.
And...

This is my 2-0 goal,I've really got in to slowing the pace down and challenge the defenders with dribbling,and I love it!
Just dropping my shoulder and getting a meter then bang!

Next game was Vs Udinese away.
I changed 7/11 players in my starting lineup.
They scored on me after 3 minutes,and I was a step behind the whole game.
Second half they went 2-0 up.
I managed to claw my way back with a header in the 60th minute.

5 minutes later I brought on my 16 year old LM that I've just promoted from the youth squad.
10 min later I scored the equaliser.
I should really gone all defensive after that but I got carried away and chased a winner at the end!
Needless to say,Udinese scored their game winning goal in the 87th minute!
I'll take it though, invaluable to get the younger players some first team experience!
Next up Inter!

Still loving this.

Just beat Tranmere Ravers away from home in the Carabao Cup 4-2, they did pull it back to 2-2 at one stage. Long ball after long ball, it was proper lower league stuff!

Question:- I have sent a scout to watch Declan Rice and Ryan Sessegnon.

Where do I go to check what they’ve scouted? I can’t find any option.

Still loving this.

Just beat Tranmere Ravers away from home in the Carabao Cup 4-2, they did pull it back to 2-2 at one stage. Long ball after long ball, it was proper lower league stuff!

Question:- I have sent a scout to watch Declan Rice and Ryan Sessegnon.

Where do I go to check what they’ve scouted? I can’t find any option.
You should get an Email when they are done scouting,takes a while
should be in your global transfer network-scouts-and then find the scout you sent
or Transfers-then check that screen

Juventus at home turned out to be quite tough.
Hefty video coverage later on (seems YouTube is on strike)

This looks really good. Im actually surprised how enjoyable this was to watch.
Like how AI has a lot of missed shots, not too ping-pongy, nice build up.
Even animations werent annoying.
What sliders/difficulty/assist settings you use? You can hit me with PM so we dont go off topic here.

Still lurking in the bushes here. Nice to see this recent CM update about transfers. It wasnt a bug, so nice gesture from EA to give something to offline players.

This looks really good. Im actually surprised how enjoyable this was to watch.
Like how AI has a lot of missed shots, not too ping-pongy, nice build up.
Even animations werent annoying.
What sliders/difficulty/assist settings you use? You can hit me with PM so we dont go off topic here.

Still lurking in the bushes here. Nice to see this recent CM update about transfers. It wasnt a bug, so nice gesture from EA to give something to offline players.
I'll DM you a bit later pal.
It's the operation sports sliders but with some alterations to pass speed (from 45-35) keeps pinging down,and also a bit higher First touch error from 71/72 to 75/75.

I think playing it on ultimate is trick though,not as laser guided in defending from the CPU.
I played these on WC difficulty,and it was horrible!
I'll DM you later on pal

I'll DM you later on pal
No rush, going to work soon anyways. Thanks.
Ps.
I never played ultimate, I always thought it will be like SS on Pes, that AI will just turn it into forrest gump ping pong fiesta and every shot will equal a goal..

No rush, going to work soon anyways. Thanks.
Ps.
I never played ultimate, I always thought it will be like SS on Pes, that AI will just turn it into forrest gump ping pong fiesta and every shot will equal a goal..
Thing is ultimate slows the CPU down, legendary is actually tougher.
It's weird but I've always struggled more on WC and LEG on 19 .

I’m absolutely loving this. Again, if it wasn’t for @Chris Davies and @rockstrongo I would have given up on football games fullstop.

I was knocked out of the Carabao Cup by Liverpool earlier. They swarmed all over me BUT left spaces in behind. I lost 2-0 and panicked in front of goal. I hate Jordan Henderson’s face in-game as much as real life btw. And mallet head James Milner!

I’ve really hit form in the league after a rocky patch. Just won 3-1, 3-1, 4-0. Second in the league two points off of top.

I’m absolutely loving this. Again, if it wasn’t for @Chris Davies and @rockstrongo I would have given up on football games fullstop.

I was knocked out of the Carabao Cup by Liverpool earlier. They swarmed all over me BUT left spaces in behind. I lost 2-0 and panicked in front of goal. I hate Jordan Henderson’s face in-game as much as real life btw. And mallet head James Milner!

I’ve really hit form in the league after a rocky patch. Just won 3-1, 3-1, 4-0. Second in the league two points off of top.
Fucking love Ultimate ,I've tried both WC and LEG with my sliders,and it's not the same
Really solid

Glad you like it buddy
Up the Villa!

Fucking love Ultimate ,I've tried both WC and LEG with my sliders,and it's not the same
Really solid

Glad you like it buddy
Up the Villa!
Thanks mate.

The other difficulty settings simply aren’t worth using IMO. Ultimate throws up some very tactical matches. I really struggled against Reading earlier because their front 2 pressed my defenders like mad man.

Very good game this. Norwich are top, I’m two points behind in second. Already nervous about playing them!

Millwall up next.

Thanks mate.

The other difficulty settings simply aren’t worth using IMO. Ultimate throws up some very tactical matches. I really struggled against Reading earlier because their front 2 pressed my defenders like mad man.

Very good game this. Norwich are top, I’m two points behind in second. Already nervous about playing them!

Millwall up next.
It's going to be a tough one Vs Norwich.
I'm getting hammered by Inter as we speak.
3-1 down after the first half

It's going to be a tough one Vs Norwich.
I'm getting hammered by Inter as we speak.
3-1 down after the first half
Away from home? My away form has improved a lot, I play a lot more ‘safe’ now and get more players behind the ball in a lower block.

At home I go for the opponent’s throats a lot more and I’m far more aggressive.

Away from home? My away form has improved a lot, I play a lot more ‘safe’ now and get more players behind the ball in a lower block.

At home I go for the opponent’s throats a lot more and I’m far more aggressive.
At home.
I've been off and on between manual through balls.
I can honestly say,assisted through balls Vs Manual is either a 3-2 win or a 4-1 loss.
Never realised how often I used them

Fucking hell!
Genoa 1-4 Inter
No chance what so ever (also first game on manual through balls in a while)

Napoli 5-2 Genoa.
Again,no chance!

Fuck happened?
IMG_20190410_220142.jpg

Down to 6th and looking down in fear instead of up with joy!
Only Empoli (dead last) who has conceded more goals than me (63)
No wonder though ,I've dropped 12 goals in 3 games.
Pretty excited though!
Just when I felt good and started to think it's smooth sailing

Last edited:
I'll DM you a bit later pal.
It's the operation sports sliders but with some alterations to pass speed (from 45-35) keeps pinging down,and also a bit higher First touch error from 71/72 to 75/75.

I think playing it on ultimate is trick though,not as laser guided in defending from the CPU.
I played these on WC difficulty,and it was horrible!
I'll DM you later on pal

Hey Rock, so are you saying that it is best for me to move up from WC to Ultimate? My two latest games were ping pongy from the CPU and it was Hull and then Bristol City. I actually quit the Bristol City game because i couldnt do anything to stop them.

Hey Rock, so are you saying that it is best for me to move up from WC to Ultimate? My two latest games were ping pongy from the CPU and it was Hull and then Bristol City. I actually quit the Bristol City game because i couldnt do anything to stop them.
I would do it mate!
What pass speed/first touch error are you on right now?

I played with my set on WC for a couple of games,and it was Formula 1.
I'll tag you in the DM I sent @Emroth regarding settings.

I think a lot of people think ULT are like SS/ULT in Pes,far from it.
It's a very balanced and human like difficulty.
But it's also down to pass speed and first touch.
I'll tag you brother

Back
Top Bottom