FIFA (All Versions) Career Mode Stories

I’ll start one tonight!

Do you know what? We might have a Career Mode that will keep us going until FIFA 20.

I’m...actually enjoying this!
I'm enjoying it a great deal,I think the last one that got me going was PES 17.
I don't think I've ever gone past 3-4 seasons on FIFA ,would be nice to do a long one

A few good games tonight!
A 2-2 draw Vs Fiorentina ,they turned around my 2-0 lead the last 20 min.
Really bad drop in points for me
I'm in 4th place right now ,20 games in.

Next up a very nice win Vs Milan away in the cup.
3-2 win away is impressive as hell.
I'm in the Qtrs and next round is Vs Roma,away of course!

Takes a while playing a whole season since I'm on 15 min and now with the transfer window open,plus trying to train my youth players as much as i can.
Really enjoying it.
Hope to snatch a CL spot,I'm very happy if I make a EL spot though

Thanks!

I knew about simulate all, I just get too eager to play my next match.

So players won’t improve unless I train them?

Do players overall ratings decline, I can’t remember?

I’m still in my first season, in fact just finished getting through August, and I have only been training the same 5 players but I noticed that other players have still increased by 1 point that I have not trained. And older players are decreasing gradually.

I’m still in my first season, in fact just finished getting through August, and I have only been training the same 5 players but I noticed that other players have still increased by 1 point that I have not trained. And older players are decreasing gradually.
Thanks my man :)

Just had a game very similar to this one against Liverpool, which I lost in the dying moments. Partially due to fatigue hitting my older players hard.

So, quick update; we lost that game, then lost 3-1 away to Chelsea in the third round of the FA Cup (what a shit draw though, seriously), then beat Tottenham 3-2 in the league (a tale of two volleys).

The league is all that matters anyway - we need to get into the UEFA places, considering the money I've spent (Mike isn't happy), and there's no improvement (last season we finished 10th, this season we've dropped from 5th after 19 games, to 10th after 25).

Today, we faced Man City, at the City of Manchester Stadium.

They scored after a few minutes, and I was furious - in all honesty, I felt cheated, and like there was nothing I could have done. 1-0.

But we defended deep, and after a counter-attack leading to yet another penalty (our third in ten games), we were back in it. 1-1.

The second half was largely City passing the ball around, and us smashing into them and smashing the ball away. Really physical game (but of course, barely any fouls).

I was genuinely (sadly) proud of my defending, up until the last minute of stoppage time. I was tracking Sané all game long, blocking his runs, and it felt great. But then... He finds the space, and it happens so quickly I don't have time to stop what unfolds.

Check out the stats at the end - I've never seen the AI's possession so high (which again goes to show that you seem to get more individuality out of Ultimate than the other difficulties)!

Still only four slots. I've never understood the complaint (I can only play one career at once) but you'd imagine it could easily be expanded given how many people have raised this as an issue!

I usually try a lot of careers before find the right one and it "disturbs" me to delete the old ones even if I usually not touch them anymore and just really play extensively only a small bunch per year (certainly no more than four, usually just 2 or maybe 3).

Yeah, just a mental thing at least for me, I guess it's similar for others maybe.

I had € 8 million to spend this season.
Sold one player for €6 million,bought one for the same amount and the board wants me to have about €7 mill left when the season is over.
Pretty tough conditions I'd say!

Plus grow the club's worth with 75% within 3 seasons.
I'd say my future transfer windows will be quite tough.
If I finish inside the top 6 I guess I'll get some price money for that.
Really stings that I didn't made from the group stage of the EL (made €5 mill though)
Realistic and tough

I usually try a lot of careers before find the right one and it "disturbs" me to delete the old ones even if I usually not touch them anymore and just really play extensively only a small bunch per year (certainly no more than four, usually just 2 or maybe 3).

Yeah, just a mental thing at least for me, I guess it's similar for others maybe.
Do what I do,fuck up your saves...
Almost a whole season when that happened.

Absolutely hooked on this now. Finally finalised a slider set (I've been fiddling for what feels like months, but I'm in a place now where the balance is perfect for me between slowing it down but not limiting the AI's attacking play).

Career update... 1-0 win against Arsenal, at home. They just couldn't resist passing it around looking for holes that weren't there, and my defence finally, FINALLY kept a clean sheet.

Still 10th, but there are just four points between us and the Europa League place we need to get. It's also transfer deadline day, and I've just had an email from Mike reminding me that the CRITICAL objective he gave me was to finish with £50m left in the transfer budget, and there's less than a million in there now. I got two £20m offers for Lascelles and Lejeune, but they're my first-team CBs, so I couldn't accept them.

My manager score is dropping like a stone - we NEED to keep winning... and next up? Liverpool. Who beat us in the dying moments last time out...

So not having £50 millions in your transfer funds at the end of the season will probably end up getting you sacked? @Chris Davies

Sounds rough.
Gotta feel for you having that over your head.
I've been tempted to look for a bigger club,but there's something about playing for a smaller club (finances and develop youth players/be a thorn in bigger clubs side etc)

I know I have my work cut out for me next season.
Small budget,4 starting players here on loan etc.
But then again,how much fun would it be playing as Juve/Real Madrid /United?

Not able to play many games at the moment so just finished my first month with Wigan and it has been a bit of a horror show if i’m honest. Here are the goals from August...

@geeeeee you're in for a long season there mate!
That QPR game was a total heartbreaker.
You'll turn it around though.
Love seeing most of us plays smaller teams with limited budgets.

Our defender took a loose touch for QPR’s third goal. I don’t feel cheated though which is good.

Yeh hopefully turn it around Rock but it is going to be tough. One problem we have is aging and declining strikers. I may just go with the younger ones (although i need to check if i have any).

It’s good that we are playing with lower teams. It makes it a good challenge and more rewarding. And great to see the positive vibes in here now.

I’m really enjoying this.

Started my Villa career. Pre season tournament at the moment so won’t bore you all, I’m getting my players up to fitness.

It’s so varied compared to PES. Matches are unpredictable. Scoring goals feels more rewarding.

It’s definitely harder now, they’ve changed something since release. I really have to think about what I’m doing in Ultimate.

Is it easy to get sacked if I don’t sell shirts etc? My board wants me to save some cash too.

After a strange (but good ) January that only had 3 games (Serie A has a winter break) where I won 3/3 games.
Milan (cup) away 3-2
Milan home 3-1
Roams (cup) away 4-0
I started to think my sliders needed an adjustment ,but turns out it was just three good games that I managed to score on pretty much everything.

January also saw a transfer window with no transfers for me,not really in the market for anything at the moment (a LB next season is a must)
Had a few offers on two of my players,Sturaro CM that is playing on top of his game ,and Biraschi (CB) who's been a bit of a cry baby lately,wants to leave etc.
But he's back in my lineup and doing well.

First game of February saw me draw at home Vs Sassuolo,I came back with a 2-2 goal in the 86th min to grab a point .
My LW/FW Kuame has been unstoppable lately,dribbled past defenders with ease,crossing, scoring you name it.
20 years old,one more season and his value will be through the roof.

Currently in 4th place after 22 games.
Next up is Bologna away,which will be tough as hell!

I've been training 4 of my youth players hard lately a GK/LB/RB/LM they're around 62-65 atm.
Hopefully I'll be signing them to the first team next season!

So after our struggles in August I had a look at the squad to see who is improving and who is declining and I changed it around a bit. I kept the 2 up front but I dropped Leon Clarke and brought in Andy Cole’s son, Devante. He is only 66 OVR but with a lot of pace. I gave him instructions to ‘get in behind’. I also put Josh Windass on the left and Jamie Walker on the right, dropping Michael Jacobs and Callum McManaman.

First game of the month was at home to Rotherham and what a great game it was. After 4 mins, Windass picked up the ball on the left. I knew he was right footed so I cut inside for the cross and he put it on Cole’s head and he scored on his debut with his first touch. Great stuff!

Rotherham got the equaliser from a corner after an excellent save from Walton. They started to get stronger as the half went on but it stayed at 1-1 at the break.

I instructed my full backs to ‘stay back when attacking’ because we were getting caught out too much on the break. We played better in the second half and then in the 60th min Walker picked the ball up on the right and crossed in a lovely ball for Cole to loop a header in for his second. After that it was backs against the wall and just kick the ball up field. Thankfully we managed to hold on.

Cole was excellent throughout and he got a MOM award. It is so refreshing to have some pace up front because he was really causing some problems unlike Clarke. And him and Garner played well together. The other good thing is that the LM and RM got an assist each.

Really liking this at the moment and the tension when holding on for the win. In previous games I kind knew that that the opposition would equalise but in this one you can make those last ditch tackles and clearances. Also, I am just playing it enough, maybe just one or two games a day. But that gives me time to look at the squad and change it around and do training etc...

Played 3 matches of new season with the mighty Villains!

Away at Hull City. Scored first but lost 2-1.

Then home v Wigan. Won 2-1 in a nail biter of match.

Then onto Carabao Cup v Blackburn away. Completely dominated with my second string side 3-0.

I’m hooked on this.

Question for you experienced career mode heads:-

What happens if I don’t sign a youth player like the owners have told me to? Will I get sacked?

My primary objective is to finish 1st in the EFL Championship.

Played 3 matches of new season with the mighty Villains!

Away at Hull City. Scored first but lost 2-1.

Then home v Wigan. Won 2-1 in a nail biter of match.

Then onto Carabao Cup v Blackburn away. Completely dominated with my second string side 3-0.

I’m hooked on this.

Question for you experienced career mode heads:-

What happens if I don’t sign a youth player like the owners have told me to? Will I get sacked?

My primary objective is to finish 1st in the EFL Championship.

Not sure if i am honest as i have never ever finished a season in FIFA because in the past i always go back and forwards between FIFA and Retro PES because get disappointed with it. But this time I really want to stick with it until the new one comes out. I have signed some youth players and i just need to play one of them in 5 games I think.

I am hoping that you can get sacked because it adds another dimension to the game like in @Chris Davies career.

Needed to mix things up a bit for my game Vs Bologna.
Started the game with three low rated young players.
Get them some playing time,hopefully raise their value etc.

Well it didn't go exactly to plans.
A CMF 68 ovr
Lb 67 ovr (signed as a free agent)
RB 69 ovr

Replacing my 77/73/76 ovr starters.
I was holding in to a 2-2 draw the last 10 min,when my 67 ovr LB tackled horrible and got Bologna a penalty and the game winner!

You win some and you lose some right?
I'm in 4th place though ,10 PTS behind leaders Juventus.
Next game is Chievo away (again) and I'm playing the kids for that game too!

I’m hooked! This is great.

My home form is perfect, Villa Park is a fortress. I’ve won every single match there.

But away from home I’m atrocious in the league. Lost all 3 away fixtures.

I smashed Blackburn away and then Fleetwood Town at home in the Carabao Cup 4-2 but that doesn’t count. I really want to get to Wembley and win that thing, it’s been too long since Villa won a trophy.

Every match is so god damn different. Just played Sheff Utd and they played a possession/high press game and I couldn’t get near them, lost 4-1. But the game before that, I had smashed Reading at home 3-0 without getting out of second gear.

This is a far different game than on release. It’s very tactical - I have to think about what I’m doing.

Love it.

I’m hooked! This is great.

My home form is perfect, Villa Park is a fortress. I’ve won every single match there.

But away from home I’m atrocious in the league. Lost all 3 away fixtures.

I smashed Blackburn away and then Fleetwood Town at home in the Carabao Cup 4-2 but that doesn’t count. I really want to get to Wembley and win that thing, it’s been too long since Villa won a trophy.

Every match is so god damn different. Just played Sheff Utd and they played a possession/high press game and I couldn’t get near them, lost 4-1. But the game before that, I had smashed Reading at home 3-0 without getting out of second gear.

This is a far different game than on release. It’s very tactical - I have to think about what I’m doing.

Love it.
Its tough!
Like you say,can't just go out and play,needs to be smart and tactical.

Chievo 1-1 Genoa
Played that game with 3 youngster,they did ok,but not having the edge on my mf I didn't get anywhere.

Genoa 1-0 Lazio
Lazio turned out to be like breaking down a wall,so solid in defense,I was lucky getting a game winner late Vs them,even more lucky to not concede a goal in the dying minutes.
Great game

Genoa 4-2 Frosinone
This game was weird,2-2 after 17 minutes,my defense were all over the place.
I was lucky to score my 3-2 game at the end there,and when they threw everything up,I scored a 4th one.
3 important points.

Parma 1-0 Genoa.
This game I simmed,I got my youngsters a go again,pretty much a new 11 in the pitch.

After 27 games I'm up to 2nd place behind Juventus (better separation between great-good-crappy teams ffs EA)
IMG_20190408_234523.jpg

Next game is at home Vs Juventus,i have a well rested and injury free squad,which is crucial since I'm playing Napoli in the cup semi right after!

Ps I'm leaving this one here.
Penalty right?

Chievo 1-1 Genoa
Played that game with 3 youngster,they did ok,but not having the edge on my mf I didn't get anywhere.

Genoa 1-0 Lazio
Lazio turned out to be like breaking down a wall,so solid in defense,I was lucky getting a game winner late Vs them,even more lucky to not concede a goal in the dying minutes.
Great game

Genoa 4-2 Frosinone
This game was weird,2-2 after 17 minutes,my defense were all over the place.
I was lucky to score my 3-2 game at the end there,and when they threw everything up,I scored a 4th one.
3 important points.

Parma 1-0 Genoa.
This game I simmed,I got my youngsters a go again,pretty much a new 11 in the pitch.

After 27 games I'm up to 2nd place behind Juventus (better separation between great-good-crappy teams ffs EA)
View attachment 14272

Next game is at home Vs Juventus,i have a well rested and injury free squad,which is crucial since I'm playing Napoli in the cup semi right after!

Ps I'm leaving this one here.
Penalty right?
Great goal v Lazio, you wore them down just in the nick of time!

As for the penalty, absolutely stonewall. Looks like the match-fixing scandal is back on in Italy again...

Yeah in the nick of time Vs Lazio
Looks like the match-fixing scandal is back on in Italy again...

It's always present in this opera driven country,its always black or white,heaven/hell!

I have a hard schedule with Juventus (cheating bastard's) 3x Napoli and Inter the coming 8 games or so.
If I grab a CL spot I'll be very happy
Thanks Chris

Back
Top Bottom