FIFA (All Versions) Career Mode Stories

I would do it mate!
What pass speed/first touch error are you on right now?

I played with my set on WC for a couple of games,and it was Formula 1.
I'll tag you in the DM I sent @Emroth regarding settings.

I think a lot of people think ULT are like SS/ULT in Pes,far from it.
It's a very balanced and human like difficulty.
But it's also down to pass speed and first touch.
I'll tag you brother

Not sure off the top of my head but using OS sliders.

Thanks so much Rock I will give it a go. A bit busy tomorrow so might not get a chance till Friday. I will let you know how it goes. :)

Not getting much time to play at the minute - the other half's in hospital (nothing too serious, she'll be okay in a few weeks) so I'm visiting her in the evenings.

But when I can play, man oh man, we just can't get away from 9th place. We're practically glued there. Played Brighton away, and they defended so deep that it was impossible to get through - but with the striker (Andone) kept forward. Eventually, they played a long ball to him after I was pushing forwards too much (which is a HUGE risk on Ultimate) and that was it, 1-0.

At which point I go on all-out attack, fluff a pass straight to their midfielder, and a few passes later, 2-0. I nearly quit the game in anger - but I stopped myself because they were better than I was, end of story. As @Mikhail said, playing away is really tough, especially when you approach it the same way as your home games.

Next up was Crystal Palace away. I learned my lesson and we sat deep, but so did Palace, and it turned into "who can score from outside the box"... We hit the post three times before eventually getting one in (I keep setting Shelvey up, he's our long-shot expert, and I love that the individuality actually shines for things like this).

But eventually, they had a corner, which was cleared, then hit to their winger, who hit a far-post cross, and Schlupp (who stayed up) headed it against the keeper's shoulder and in it went. 1-1.

I've got acceleration set to 52 at the minute, which has an unbelievable effect on fatigue (just two points extra means that I have to make substitutions in the second half, rather than being able to leave it) - and increasing injury frequency also means that if you don't sub a tired player and they get hammered in a tackle, they're going to get injured.

In this instance, we were just too tired to hang on, and it was so frustrating (but brilliant).

We march on... In 9th...

@Chris Davies Hope your better half gets better pal,scary stuff,no matter how big or small it may be!

Fatigue has been weird (I'm at 50 acc)
But recently,had a pretty tough schedule,and played same wingers (both D & M) a lot,and I see some real fatigue here.
My at/lwf Kouame is fatigued late first half my past two games now

I was actually about to do what you did (raise to 52) but now I'm fatigued anyway.

Picture the scene. I'm continuing my Newcastle manager save and we're still 9th (with ten games to go). Our form is pretty poor - last five games, WLDLD.

The next game up is against Middlesbrough, at home. The Tyne-Tees Derby.

It's 0-0, Middlesbrough sitting deep (backing off, and backing off, and backing off), hitting long balls to nowhere. We're not doing much better - we've got loads of time on the ball, but all the avenues are getting closed down every time we move forward. There's no space.

I change formation, twice, to try and get some room - but nothing works. Then, the ball falls to the right-back, Martin Montoya. Honestly, I'm losing my patience at this point, and decide to just smash it while the opportunity is there.

WOW - and it turned out to be the winning goal, in a game where both sides managed just three shots...

Picture the scene. I'm continuing my Newcastle manager save and we're still 9th (with ten games to go). Our form is pretty poor - last five games, WLDLD.

It's 0-0, Middlesbrough sitting deep (backing off, and backing off, and backing off), hitting long balls to nowhere. We're not doing much better - we've got loads of time on the ball, but all the avenues are getting closed down every time we move forward. There's no space.

I change formation, twice, to try and get some room - but nothing works. Then, the ball falls to the right-back, Martin Montoya. Honestly, I'm losing my patience at this point, and decide to just smash it while the opportunity is there.

WOW - and it turned out to be the winning goal, in a game where both sides managed just three shots...
Gadang it!
Lovely strike.
Always the non technical CB/wing back who pulls off those bomb

Really nice win

Nice midair. And you use the same manager avatar as me.Basically seems 90% of people use this one.
May I ask ,as you guys are more experienced, why in the manager image selection scene, there are so many blank figure spots, since you can not edit a manager appearance like ML , but you only choose from the default ones?

Nice midair. And you use the same manager avatar as me.Basically seems 90% of people use this one.
May I ask ,as you guys are more experienced, why in the manager image selection scene, there are so many blank figure spots, since you can not edit a manager appearance like ML , but you only choose from the default ones?
I think their excuse is that generating more figures is time-consuming, because of how great Frostbite graphics are, and that customisable user face models would look too generic next to the scanned faces.

Yet - you can create players and play with their faces. So it just seems like a strange excuse.

Haven't changed anything in my sliders settings (did try manual through balls and went back to assisted again)

But something has happened to my game/gameplay.
Gone from 1-1/2-1/3-1/2-2 games to score fest's.
2-3
1-4
2-5
4-5

Don't know if it's the CPU not wanting me to finish high up?
I've come across this at certain points in seasons before,you hit a slump and can't win.

Problem is,I'm not short of goals/chances!
It's the CPU scoring in everthing!
And stringing together 20 passes through my midfield before scoring on a header from the edge of the box,or even worse,backs turned from the goal and super shot top shelf.

I turned off my derby game Vs Sampdoria when Rashford(nice trade logic EA) scored his third in a 5-4 game!
Just fucking ridiculous.

Sorry for the moaning!
But this game right now ..
I'm gonna cripple the CPU with a very high FT error for a game or two

Last edited:
Haven't changed anything in my sliders settings (did try manual through balls and went back to assisted again)

But something has happened to my game/gameplay.
Gone from 1-1/2-1/3-1/2-2 games to score fest's.
2-3
1-4
2-5
4-5

Don't know if it's the CPU not wanting me to finish high up?
I've come across this at certain points in seasons before,you hit a slump and can't win.

Problem is,I'm not short of goals/chances!
It's the CPU scoring in everthing!
And stringing together 20 passes through my midfield before scoring on a header from the edge of the box,or even worse,backs turned from the goal and super shot top shelf.

I turned off my derby game Vs Sampdoria when Rashford(nice trade logic EA) scored his third in a 5-4 game!
Just fucking ridiculous.
Funnily enough, I've hit a similar sort of run and I'm wondering whether every other team's "form arrows" are boosting every team's attributes like they are mine (I've got a youth player who's gone from OVR 58 to OVR 71 in a season, it's so stupid).

That being said, I'm still loving the gameplay. Although... I wonder what the game will play like with my current sliders outside of career mode, if I've been adjusting them based on every team being form-boosted? I've never even thought of that...

Funnily enough, I've hit a similar sort of run and I'm wondering whether every other team's "form arrows" are boosting every team's attributes like they are mine (I've got a youth player who's gone from OVR 58 to OVR 71 in a season, it's so stupid).

That being said, I'm still loving the gameplay. Although... I wonder what the game will play like with my current sliders outside of career mode, if I've been adjusting them based on every team being form-boosted? I've never even thought of that...
That's a pretty good idea,changing sliders as you go a long,depending on form etc
I'm going to replay my derby game.
Can't stand these score fest's atm
And Rashford in Sampdoria....ffs!

That's a pretty good idea,changing sliders as you go a long,depending on form etc
I'm going to replay my derby game.
Can't stand these score fest's atm
And Rashford in Sampdoria....ffs!
Well I don't know about the transfers, PES's are much worse - I posted a screenshot in the 2019 thread a while ago of Arsenal buying 30+ midfielders with ratings that would only just get them into a Championship team, absolute nonsense... I don't think that Rashford one is completely mental, you never know - just a bit strange...

The worse problem IMO is when teams stockpile on players in one position and don't fill the gaps they leave when their best players move on - but the last update was supposed to fix that to a degree, wasn't it?

@Chris Davies haven't seen/noticed any stockpiling,luckily !
I've seen some transfers but Rashford (in Fifa) is the worst.

The worst thing about the changed CPU so far is that a organic difficulty like ULT right now,for me is just button pushing, CPU pass speed at 38 looks like 45-50,only driven passing up to the strikers,then around the box with 10+ passes,no proper body adjustments etc.

I lowered pass speed to 36 and upped FTE to 79 from 77 and went 10 min,plays much better.
I'll keep that til the CPU becomes rubbish ,then switch back

After doing some small adjustments to my sliders,my Sampdoria v Genoa game was brilliant again.
Pretty even ,though they pinned me down the last 20 min ,and I escaped with a well deserved (and finally a proper scoreline) 1-0 win.
@Chris Davies not only did they start with Rashford,they subbed in Sturridge :)

Had Torino at home.
Proved to be very tough ,lost 1-0 fair and square.
Three injuries for me that game,a week a piece
Somehow when playing 10 instead of 15 the CPU defending feels tighter to play vs.
Might stay on 10.
Btw,goalscorer was J Milner,another Italian lover...

Next game is Vs SPAL,a game I should and must win.
I'm in 5th place after 33 games,2 points up to a CL spot,but behind me there's probably 5 teams within 2-4 points below me.

I also lost to Napoli 1-0 in the cup semi (game 2) but since I won the first 4-3 I'm in the finals Vs Juventus!

Im gonna give it a go tonight with all the tips and settings you sent me.
Have to say tho - those results scare me a bit. Im not a big fan of goal fests and I really like the odd 0-0 results. Might go a bit higher on shot error there.

@rockstrongo I managed to get a game in with your settings and it played pretty well. I’m surprised at how the CPU played compared to World Class as they gave the ball away quite a bit. The only thing I changed midway through the 2nd half was go back to full manual as I find assisted and semi assisted harder and I was giving the ball away more. Because of that I put Pass and Shot Error down to 50 and upped the Power Bar to 65. Played good though so thanks :)

@rockstrongo I managed to get a game in with your settings and it played pretty well. I’m surprised at how the CPU played compared to World Class as they gave the ball away quite a bit. The only thing I changed midway through the 2nd half was go back to full manual as I find assisted and semi assisted harder and I was giving the ball away more. Because of that I put Pass and Shot Error down to 50 and upped the Power Bar to 65. Played good though so thanks :)
Good to hear mate
ULT is really a good difficulty
I prefer it to LEG or WC

Btw @Emroth I played 3 games on 10 min,played ok,but then my fourth game,Vs a bottom team...
Was like playing Tekken,just pressing buttons like crazy!
They had 97% passing after 25 min,I turned it off after 80 min.
Worst I've ever played,including Pes 19.

I'm playing that game on 15 min right now.
Let you know later on.
But something is off right now.
If this continues,it's going in the bin for sure

Lost to SPAL 2-1.
Had a penalty that I missed,should have another one to.
My best striker is out for two months.

The upside of playing 15 min again were the stats 15-18 shots (8-9 on goal)
87-77 pass %

But,I played the CPU on 100 pass error and 100 First touch error for 80 Min of this game
The first 20 I didn't have the ball at all (60 pass error 75 First touch error)

Something is seriously wrong right now.

Match day 35
Genoa v Roma
1-0 down early on,but clawed back to 1-1 before half-time.
Second half I had a few scares fr Dzeko,big technical lad who terrorised my back four constantly!

Guess who got a pen in the 60th min?
Dzeko of course!
But he took a poor penalty,wide by at least 2m.

70th minute and I scored on a floating header,just sailed over the keeper ,he stood watching it while it bounced in to the net.

Went defensive after that,and late in the game even ultra defensive
Defended quite well,.
But 90+3 Dzeko got the ball outside my box,to the left,and curled in a beauty.
Game ended 2-2
Really good game,and I'm glad the CPU scripting is gone.
Back to normal settings (15 min original sliders)

Next up Atalanta Away
There's 7 points between 2nd placed Milan and 9th placed Sampdoria,which is ridiculous,I'm in 6th,and I must keep that for some EL next year.
Juventus 14 pts clear of Milan

Ok. So I did all the magic and started new career. With Mallorca, for a change. :LOL:
Played 10mins half. Cant really play longer coz i usually have only around 2hrs and want to squeeze few games in.

Played pre-season and one league match.
I actually had it set on one below world class difficulty, so to go ultimate was a big jump.

Positives:
- it didnt annoy me. It actually played well. Animations and graphics were grand, which is strange coz they were annoying me in the past
- atmosphere. We all know it. To go from Pes to fifa and see stadiums, hear the crowd, the presentation... its like going from playground near Tesco to Disneyland.
- shot variety is cool
- AI playstyle on ultimate is very human like, really nice difficulty. They were really trying to crack me, without too much crazyness

Negatives:
- there should be "very slow" game speed. Even on slow players move way too fast. Very hard to control them, especially in defence. Even jockeying doesnt help. They are hyper like my daughter
- build up can be completely bypassed with long pass. On semi my passes go all over the shop, even on short distance. On assisted I can send a rocket through ball straight to the striker, like AI on pes19.
- fouls - no need to comment on that
- and unfortunately, as i expected, bit of a goal fest. Lost my first three games in pre-season. Wasnt really fully focused , i was just trying to get used to everything. 1-2, 1-4, 1-3. But then first league match, which i took seriously, against a team that, according to commentators, was sure to get promoted (i was going to end mid table if im lucky)
...and 4-1 win. Takes away feeling of reward if there is so many goals in each match (scored with 69OVR players).

So overall - pleasant evening, much better than i thought it will be, but i think ill be back to Pes17 tomorrow. It plays better for me and its tougher to score, which feels more rewarding.
But its good to have a decent backup. Just might have to put Shot Error up next time, coz for me its more enjoyable to have very few goals (or none) than punch after punch after punch.

Next Newcastle game, against Fulham. We score early doors and I think this is it, the tides have turned in our mediocre season - but they equalise on the counter towards the end of the first half.

Second half, I change formation. I've been playing 4-4-1-1 for most of my career (in-fact I only bought João Mario to play as the AM in that formation), but I felt we were just too light up top against the deeper teams.

This is, without doubt, the best team goal I've scored on FIFA 19.

For a better view - because the camera is so far away - put this vid in FULL SCREEN and click the settings button, the three dots (top right), to make sure you're watching in HD.

It finished 3-1 and finally, we've moved up the ta-just kidding, we're STILL 9TH. With eight games to go. Four points separate us from the Europa League spot...

P.S. - For anyone who thinks individuality isn't in FIFA or that anyone can score... I realised yesterday that I got a PS4 trophy for scoring that previous goal with the right-back (Montoya), "What a Shot". The trophy is "score a long-distance shot with a defender (25 yards)".

I've been playing fairly regularly for six months, and that's the first time that's happened! I was pretty surprised by that - similar trophies in past games I've unlocked within a month or two of play...

P.P.S. -
But its good to have a decent backup. Just might have to put Shot Error up next time, coz for me its more enjoyable to have very few goals (or none) than punch after punch after punch.
Semi-shooting. Trust me.

Last edited:
Ok. So I did all the magic and started new career. With Mallorca, for a change. :LOL:
Played 10mins half. Cant really play longer coz i usually have only around 2hrs and want to squeeze few games in.

Played pre-season and one league match.
I actually had it set on one below world class difficulty, so to go ultimate was a big jump.

Positives:
- it didnt annoy me. It actually played well. Animations and graphics were grand, which is strange coz they were annoying me in the past
- atmosphere. We all know it. To go from Pes to fifa and see stadiums, hear the crowd, the presentation... its like going from playground near Tesco to Disneyland.
- shot variety is cool
- AI playstyle on ultimate is very human like, really nice difficulty. They were really trying to crack me, without too much crazyness

Negatives:
- there should be "very slow" game speed. Even on slow players move way too fast. Very hard to control them, especially in defence. Even jockeying doesnt help. They are hyper like my daughter
- build up can be completely bypassed with long pass. On semi my passes go all over the shop, even on short distance. On assisted I can send a rocket through ball straight to the striker, like AI on pes19.
- fouls - no need to comment on that
- and unfortunately, as i expected, bit of a goal fest. Lost my first three games in pre-season. Wasnt really fully focused , i was just trying to get used to everything. 1-2, 1-4, 1-3. But then first league match, which i took seriously, against a team that, according to commentators, was sure to get promoted (i was going to end mid table if im lucky)
...and 4-1 win. Takes away feeling of reward if there is so many goals in each match (scored with 69OVR players).

So overall - pleasant evening, much better than i thought it will be, but i think ill be back to Pes17 tomorrow. It plays better for me and its tougher to score, which feels more rewarding.
I had issues with very high scoring games,then the 4-5 games of impossible "PES 19 SS scripted " game play hit me" 4-5 in the derby Vs Sampdoria almost made me uninstall it.
But lately it's back to a very tough but good gameplay
And I'm seeing 1-3 goals by me,and about the same for the CPU,1-1 or 2-1 being the norm.

Hope you're using semi shooting?

Defending,that's a weird thing,im on Legacy,probably because that has been my easiest option when being more of a Pes player and switching to fifa 15-16 and defending was pushing buttons Vs a CPU that behaved like meth heads.
It's like every other game now,timing,tracking runs, applying pressure,not chasing etc.

I'm only 3 games from finishing my first season,and it's been a struggle the past 10 games,first the high scorelines,then insane scripting ,then back to normal.
But the main reason for me playing less (played a lot yesterday though) is that I bought 2k19.

I've had Pes 17 as a go to game since it came out,for fifa 17 and 18,and for Pes 18-19.
Haven't really felt the need to replace fifa 19 with it though.
Yet!

I am on semi shooting, of course.
Feel like putting Shot Error up to 65 and giving another go. Coz overall like i said - it was pleasant experience.

First season done!
Ups and downs
But I finished 6th after spending 20+ games top three.
Last 10 games broke that for me!
More on that further down.
IMG_20190413_150916.jpg

I reached a few of my goals
Stabilized the economy (€32 millions for a 6th place,€10 for both cup and EL)

Reached the cup final and did beat Juventus in the final 2-1!
IMG_20190413_150433.jpg

But what stood out the most the last 10 games,about 2-3 of those were playable,suddenly the CPU was impossible,both in defence and offense.
I couldn't put my finger on exactly what it was?

Super fast passing? (On 37 pass )

Always getting a good touch ?

Laser guided defending?

Defenders stopping on a few centimeters while my strikers took a few meters to stop from full speed?

All the clear penalties not given?
Even though they missed the ball and hacked me down?
Happened 3 times the last 5 games.
My defenders suddenly passing it straight to the CPU ,with a very soft,and unexplainable pass?

I don't know,sounds like I'm on the conspiracy hype train!
But this explains a lot,from my final Vs Juventus.
1 clear cut penalty!
2 you see what's going on here right?
I recorded this to see if it was a penalty or not!
I wonder how many other situations like this that really happened my last 10 games

Really disappointed with this game to say the least!

I'll put up my set of sliders later mate, would love you to give them a try if you got the chance. I'm not having the issues you're having here - and remember, if there's one thing sliders can do, it's make things easier if the AI become overpowered. My pass speed is way below 37, and I think it impacts how perfect the AI can be (more so than pass error, less so than first touch error).

I'll put up my set of sliders later mate, would love you to give them a try if you got the chance. I'm not having the issues you're having here - and remember, if there's one thing sliders can do, it's make things easier if the AI become overpowered. My pass speed is way below 37, and I think it impacts how perfect the AI can be (more so than pass error, less so than first touch error).
Appreciated!
Thing is I don't think it's slider related,I had 25-28 great games,then it turned to shit!
Could be as simple as scripting,/story,I don't know.
I've done some transfers and set up my second season.
I'll try my set for a game or two,if it's shit,I'll love to try yours

And yes pass speed is the biggest game changer.
On Krebs,I used 20/18
But going lower than 35 on this set made the CPU passive,until it all went to crap

Back
Top Bottom