FIFA 17 News & Discussion Thread

A universal fix for FIFA 17 speed, sliders, game play and transition concerns:

2_zpsy43xlikf.jpg

Did you not read what I wrote before? I mentioned Online play which Sliders and setting the game speed to slow won't do jack shit for.
And where in your two posts do you mention "Online play"? You complained about the game speed, said it is too fast on normal. I said choose slow speed, and lower speed sliders. Apparently the point here is to stay upset with the game. I didn't realize that, sorry, I was actually trying to help you find ways to maybe enjoy it.

And where in your two posts do you mention "Online play"? You complained about the game speed, said it is too fast on normal. I said choose slow speed, and lower speed sliders. Apparently the point here is to stay upset with the game. I didn't realize that, sorry, I was actually trying to help you find ways to maybe enjoy it.
To be fair angus my dear lad... I did post this which you originally replied to so that kinda suggests I am bothered about it mostly due to Online play

"Is it still easy for Kids to dance around your Defenders with Messi, Bale and Ronaldo online? Is the Cross, Header, Goal still overpowering?"

Why on earth does anybody want to play online. its human nature to want to win by any means, so people will cheat and use every advantage afforded to them. No one online is looking for a game that replicates the beutiful game.
This is my Issue with FIFA 17 and Online Football Gaming in general. You don't get rewarded for playing good Football.. you get rewarded for finding exploits or using your pacey strong player to run through a whole team and score a crap goal... sick of it.

This is my Issue with FIFA 17 and Online Football Gaming in general. You don't get rewarded for playing good Football.. you get rewarded for finding exploits or using your pacey strong player to run through a whole team and score a crap goal... sick of it.

Playing 1v1 full manual vs. a friend online is pure joy. Too bad they abolished online-multiplayer. I had a blast, playing 2v2 @ 10 min. on full manual :'/

Why on earth does anybody want to play online. its human nature to want to win by any means, so people will cheat and use every advantage afforded to them. No one online is looking for a game that replicates the beutiful game.
I agree. FIFA online is a woeful experience.

It's the only modes I play. Seasons, co op and clubs. I don't get why somebody wants to play against a computer but each to their own.

Of course I come up against muppets but I normally have more of the ball so play how I want and if somebody wants to try and exploit (or whatever you want to call it) then let the sad bastards try it. They annoy me at times but so be it. Too old to get too wound up about it.

I have no interest whatsoever playing against a computer.

I feel the difficulty is slighty better on legendary after the latest patch but not the toughest fifa i have played still needs to be more of a challenge

Game difficulty : Legendary

I won this game 3-0 and have to say that Legendary is definitely too easy this year. Need to play with the sliders to find the good balance while playing against AI.

Replays have been speeded up a little bit. Oryginally played on slow speed game with 46/47
acceleration/speed sliders set up + 45 pass speed configuration.

#tikiTaka

Buiilding attack from the defender's line, searching for free space on the field, swapping positions. Short passing and movement, working the ball through various channels, and maintaining possession.

Nice bit of editing.

Have to say from the ai it looked more like Beginner than Legendary, what format are you playing on?

I'm using Matt's sliders more concentrated on AI's behaviour in defence, but unfortuntely when you are creating quick actions like this one from the video, AI still doesn't know what's going on and you can score easy goals even on Legendary level. It was a carrer match where I'm first in Premier League after 12 matches played so far, West Ham are the leaders in their group in Euro League as well, so that also has a direct impact on how AI is playing against you. I'm still winning the games like 2-0, 1-0, 3-1, so it's quite realistic in terms of the halves lenght (10 minutes one half). However, if you are in "boost" mode and your players are in top forms, and you have around 20 years of experience of playing footy games then it might be too easy :-)

I won this game 3-0 and have to say that Legendary is definitely too easy this year. Need to play with the sliders to find the good balance while playing against AI.

Replays have been speeded up a little bit. Oryginally played on slow speed game with 46/47

#tikiTaka

Buiilding attack from the defender's line, searching for free space on the field, swapping positions. Short passing and movement, working the ball through various channels, and maintaining possession.
What is wrong with EA? They couldn't give a crap about single player could they?

"It's ok, we will just add sliders for the small amount of people that still play single player."

I hate EA with a passion these days. FIFA Ultimate Team and all that collecting cards/stickers nonsense is ruining football gaming.

Same goes for myClub on PES. It's a load of fantasy w**k. People with their stupid named teams, in silly kits using ridiculous bright red footballs for "LOLs".

Hate it.

i played today a couple of matches vs a friend on fifa 17, and i have to say the game plays very good, the graphics are top notch, and the slower gameplay along with the new smooth animations is really giving me a hard time to compare btw PES 17 and this game this year,
some are saying that each game plays the same and each team plays the same in fifa, well i didn't try singleplayer actually, but there is definite polish in the fifa game this year, the game plays good i bought pes 17 this year after all the praise but fifa 17 is more than a good game aswell this year, i have to admit.btw sliders were at default.

Last edited:

#tikiTaka

Do you play the game on full auto?

I'm on Xbox one and cannot find a camera I like, basically like this one in PES.

Is it possible? Everything I've tried is too far away

I'm still playing the demo for now. Has the option to do a driven crossfield pass been removed? Anytime I try to do it the pass is hit very low

Hey FIFA Fans,

The second title update for FIFA 17 is now available on PC, with PlayStation 4 and Xbox One following next week.

This update addresses the following changes.

Visual / Presentation changes:
  • Several new or updated player faces rendered for accurate character likeness.
  • General overlay adjustments.
  • Addressed an issue where the selected kit isn't the one used in-game.
  • Addressed frame-rate issue during pre-match skill game.
  • Spanish crowds now use the authentic audio when reacting to a goal.
  • Black custom kits no longer clash with referee kits.

Addressed the following in Pro Clubs:
  • The flair trait is now available for all Pros.
  • Carrying over your Virtual Pro from FIFA 16 now correctly unlocks all passive traits.
  • An issue where players could receive excessive skill points.

In The Journey:
  • Localized audio and character speech for the following: German, French, Italian, Spanish, and Mexican Spanish.
  • Various presentation improvements.

Addressed the following in FIFA Ultimate Team:
  • General stability fixes in FIFA Ultimate Team and other online game modes.

Thanks to those who’ve provided feedback on Twitter, Facebook, and the EA Forums. Throughout the course of the FIFA 17 season we’ll provide you with more information and updates if and when they become available.

No mention of the single career mode issue which they said was fixed in the last title update but actually wasn't.

I've not played the game since early last month, but I put it on last night on the PS4 Pro to check out the 4K graphics.

The kits are sensational - the details are so much sharper. Club crests in particular are pin-sharp. The UI looks great too, although some of the graphics are really stretched now (in the FA Cup pre-installation game, Chelsea and Man United's logos were a little pixelated, which seems crazy to me).

The faces... Yikes. Because the texture sizes have stayed the same, they're clearly stretched, and that makes faces look more "painted" than skin-like IMO, to the point where De Gea's blinking face looked like one of those creepy kids' dolls from years ago with the eyes that rotate open and closed. Also, I've got some pretty mad "shimmer" effect going on in some of the stadiums, which is probably the number one thing I was hoping 4K would fix.

It's definitely better overall, but I'm a little disappointed that EA seem to have thought ahead on the kits but not on the UI and other bits and bobs.

Last edited:
Can someone tell how Fifa 17 looks so good on the pro? Ea haven't released a patch for pro support yet have they? It's beautiful compared to the normal PS4! I'm confused

How does the PS4 Pro graphics compare to the PC?

Not played it yet on PS4 Pro - but judging what Chris Davies said in the PS4 Pro forum the graphics do seem to have been given an upgrade.

When I play it tonight - I will let you know.

I would suspect though it does look much better on the PRO as PC v PS4 the difference is very noticeable.

I have the ps4 pro and for now no update for FIFA 17. I used to play on Xbox one S abd i think the graphics are very clear, no more Blur. There is no patch but i see à difference it's really étrange. I've à SSHD 2to harddrive and there is no more swap before technical games.
I have made screenshots

Screens of Fifa 17 one PS4 Pro

Screens of Fifa 17 on Xbox One

Dont' you think it's sharper on PS4 Pro or it's my eyes?:BLINK:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom