FIFA 17 News & Discussion Thread

I have to admit, I was drawn into the story when it started (the school football pitch took me back to This is Football*), but as soon as it turned into Eastenders meets The X Factor, with two blokes giving each other the silent treatment on a plane because they get jealous that one might play over the other... That was it for me, had to turn it off. EA just can't resist trying to apply the Hollywood treatment to everything they ever do.

That being said, if it's aimed at a younger audience who no doubt love that shit, then, they're doing their job, I guess.

*Remember This is Football? There was an option to start a career mode at school, graduate to Sunday League football, and try to get your team into the league. The scope of that is absolutely amazing, to me - the ultimate career mode. Sod this "Journey" crap! Video below, for the nostalgic...

Sorry for off topic but just wanted to say i loved that clip. Peter Drury sounded like he was in a Monty Python sketch, love it Chris. :LOL:

Sorry i will let you guys get back to FIFA...

Premier League scoreboard will be brought into the game in upcoming update which will be released around 20th of September 2017. :)

Wrong!

http://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/191937/fifa-17-title-update-1#latest

Within this update we have the new components for the 2016/17 Premier League broadcast package which you can see below in action:

vxur6xoyvbe8.gif

Addressed the following in gameplay:
  • A situation where cancel was unresponsive after requesting a clearance.
  • A rare situation where the penalty shootout should have ended earlier.
  • Increased the CPU AI tendency to attack directly.
  • An issue where players sometimes overrun the ball after a skill move.
  • Increased the chance of error from ground crosses (triple tap).
  • Improvements to ball physics where shots off the goal posts lose too much speed.
  • Goalkeeper positioning for corner kicks.
  • Improvements made to player switching from corners and free kicks.
  • An issue where the player would control the ball instead of attempting a clearance.
  • Improvements to contested headers logic from corner kicks.
  • General fixes for player controlled celebrations.
  • Cut scene for contentious fouls can now be skipped.
  • Improved the general responsiveness of shooting.
  • Minor improvement to passing responsiveness when the ball is in the air.

In Pro Clubs, we:
  • Increased experience required for the higher overall ratings in Pro Clubs. *
  • Addressed an issue where a player's customised facial features did not display properly in game.

In Ultimate Team:
  • FUT Single Player difficulty no longer defaults to your CPU setting.
  • Addressed an issue where the player is forced to substitute an injured player in FUT online matches.
  • Corrected the shooting and crossing text in custom tactics

In Career mode, we:
  • Addressed a situation where the CPU AI would frequently leave star players on the bench.

Visual changes include:
  • Added new components of the 2016/17 Premier League broadcast package.
  • Updated team kits, banners and flags for Velez Sarsfield and Tigre.
  • The goalkeeper now correctly celebrates after catching the final penalty in a shootout.
  • Addressed an issue where the selected kit isn't the one used in-game.
  • Addressed frame-rate issue during pre-match skill game.
  • Addressed an issue where the fog from a player's breath was detached from their position.
  • General overlay fixes.

*As a result of the change to Pro Clubs, some of you may find you’re a lower OVR than before the update. This is intentional and you haven’t lost any of your progress.

Thanks to those who’ve provided constructive feedback on Twitter, Facebook, and the EA Forums. Throughout the course of the FIFA 17 season we’ll provide you with more information and updates if and when they become available.

Hehehe, you smarty ;- )

Once I sow the latest post in that thread and your nickname, I knew you gonna cite my personal dejection to EA's negligence.

Good to notice they know what players need, what the players want and listen to their feedback given on their product.
The only thing I'm worrying about is the gameplay speed which, as we know EA, might be slightly increased now.

Anybody else noticing bad rwading of sliding tackles by the refs.

A couokw of times i have made perfectly fine sliding tackles connecting with the ball first, but their player goes down and they get the foul. I have had two players sent off so far and penalties against for two pwrfectly fine tackles....really no doubt they were fair tackles......dtarting to really annoy me.

I love doing well timed sliding tackles, now I am afraid to do them at all.

Also I am fed up of running full sprint and suddenly the opposition player that was running next to me suddenly jumps in Between me and the ball to take possession....really rubbish.

Apart from this I am enjoying it :-P

This two changes worry me.

I've played three matches of my player career since the update and the gameplay is great, nothing negative, one downside is the CM fix they mention seems not to be fixed as most of the best players of my team are not being picked for matches, in fact two wingers that were bought for a total of £7m (big signings for the Championship) aren't even making the squad let alone the team :(

Did the update also get La Liga scoreboards? I can't play til Monday night, so just wondering.

If they are there, what a shame how few stadiums La Liga has. Best league in the world. Pizjuan, Riazor, San Mames, Benito Villamarin, El Madrigal and La Rosaleda are such nice stadiums.

Sadly the single CM fix they talked about isn't actually fixed, the main problem seems to be in the area of CM/CDM:

BZY3wlzl.png

YAFhsr2l.png

B3AOFzHl.png

IDMk690l.png

NvjjvI5l.png

vsg2QE7l.png

PxZkT7Cl.png

Dp0fbrgl.png

pDvY20tl.png

GuKyGYdl.png

n6XUJbPl.png

mqFV2ogl.png

ZFhXgHgl.png

33rFxRrl.png

(apologies if any images are out of sequence but I think they clearly speak for themselves in terms of the lineups the AI is choosing).

My wife just returned from Argos after popping out there to pick up a toy for our son.

"Picked up FIFA for you as well whilst I was there - I can't handle you moaning about PES all weekend."

:LOL:

I will try this again with an open mind.

I like this OFFLINE in Slow.

But online it's hideous.

Tried to get used to default camera as gameplay is slower but it's difficult to build play and create goal scoring chances.

But man, after playing PES 2017 ML the Career Mode on this is far, faaaaaaar more interesting.

To be fair, she heard me saying that I had regretted selling FIFA 17 without giving the Career Mode more time.

I always, ALWAYS end up going back to FIFA at some point to play at least one Premier League season.

Going to start one when this patch hits the PS4. Can't decide whether to use Middlesbrough or Swansea.

I hated the fifa demo when I first tried it and bought pes instead..PES is miles better than last year but the more I play the more it grates..anyway I though I'd try fifa demo on more time ..played juve v Madrid full manual ..what a game..really enjoyed it finished 2 2 and I won on pens ..new pen system is awesome ...I just felt so engaged with the whole experience

Sadly the single CM fix they talked about isn't actually fixed, the main problem seems to be in the area of CM/CDM:

The AI's substitution logic in general is bugged when it comes to the CM position and how it handles the insertion of RW or LWs into certain forward slots. The quickest way to observe the problem is to bring up, let's say, Bayern Munich's team sheet in the game's main menu and use the "Suggested Subs" feature for one of the two CM slots. The first suggested sub is the 59 rated CDM N. Dorsch who is prioritized over 79 CM J. Kimmich and 78 CM Renato Sanches. For some reason, the game is greatly favoring CDMs for CM slots even when the higher rated CMs have superior defensive related attributes. Needless to say, the games logic moves the CMs even farther down the suggested sub list when it comes to the native CDM slot. Unless a CM is very highly rated relative to a non-starting CDM (e.g. 87 A. Vidal versus 59 Dorsch) or if there are no CDMs on the team period, the AI will most likely never start a CM over a CDM in either the CM or CDM slot throughout a player/manager career. The best chance for the AI to employ a CM is in the CAM position, but of course the AI will prioritize a similarly rated CAM assuming one is available.

The LW/RW positions are less problematic given that the game properly inserts them into their native slots and favors them well enough for LM/RM slots. However, when it comes to forward positions like ST or CF, the AI will select significantly lower rated STs or CFs above someone like Messi or Neymar. I did a test and transferred Lionel Messi to Bristol Rovers who use a 5-3-2 (no wide slots) and started a player career with him as my controlled player. Simming the entire season, Messi never played a single game even though common sense suggests the game should have used him in one of the striker positions.

Lastly, the AI favors LM/RMs in defined LAM/RAM slots and does not allow one to create a formation with two CAMs (LCAM and RCAM) so that one could assign that formation to various teams in order to increase the chances of CMs being selected for the starting lineup in career mode.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom