1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

FIFA 17 News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'FIFA' started by MUFan23, 15 May 2016.

1. MUFan23

MUFan23 League 1

26 September 2012
    Manchester United
    Last edited by a moderator: 17 May 2016
  2. Topaz

Topaz Programmer/TheAwesomeGem

21 October 2011
    United States
    Chelsea, Spain
    Re: FIFA 17 News Thread.

I hope they spend more time with player and team individuality.

3. gabe.paul.logan

gabe.paul.logan Data Collection

7 January 2007
    Budapest
    Hungary

Not so excited tbh after the game we have at the moment. FIFA 16 and also 17 could be so much more. I doubt they go for the old PES feeling once again since the fanbase dont like that.

4. Jimi_Zuko

Jimi_Zuko Jimi Zuko

20 January 2003
    Melbourne
    liverpool

yeah im concerned that EA will go backwards to try get back the fans they lost to PES, if they do that we will never get the game we want cos of these causal fans, the opportunity is there to make fifa 17 the best football game ever made, have to wait and see..

5. gabe.paul.logan

7 January 2007
    Budapest
    Hungary

but if they do that and Konami realizes that, maybe PES will be old PES once again. i just hope we dont have two "FIFA"s in the future

6. superleeds1

superleeds1 72 Veteran Staff

16 July 2004
    Gods County
    LUFC O.K.

Yet another thread immediately derailed & wandering all over the place,if someone opens a topic please stick to it.

7. Sami 1999

Sami 1999 Noob

28 June 2015
    There's a possibility for Fifa 17 to be cross platform. If that's really true- it would be great then. But then again, EA might make modding for the PC version harder in order to stop online cheating [EA logic].

8. bsmaff

bsmaff Champions League

11 August 2003
    Welwyn Garden
    Exeter City
    The things I would like to see in FIFA this year is:-

Obviously the main thing is teams play differently, every game on FIFA especially on World Class is the same game over and over, but apart from this it is just little gameplay tweaks here and there.

But things which would improve the game for me (Career Mode):-
    1. Players can play in multiple positions - The beauty of managing a team on Football Manager is having a squad of players who can play multiple positions for instance when I play FM, I try to sign players for instance if I need a sub Left Back I will sign a player who can play CB/LB and the same for the right back so RB/CB this allows me to have players who can cover multiple positions if injuries happen.
    I don't think EA will ever add this but would make managing a squad alot easier rather than having to have a squad of 25+ players, when the reality of FIFA is you only need about 15-16 as the game has no Fatigue system.

2. Correct competition rules, if FM can do it without issue for 90+ leagues I don't know why FIFA can't get it right for about 15.

3. Allow stadium expansion when being a lower league club, or at least a Board Request system similar to FM to allow an increase in Stadium size.
    It is annoying being Exeter in the Champions League and playing my games at Town Park - I know Exeter are a small club but I think if they ever got to the Champions League they would be playing at a stadium like Forest Park.

4. I don't know if EA would implement this but again in Career mode a change of pitch condition in the lower leagues, so that you play on a cabbage patch through the winter months where the ball bounces around on rabbit holes and grass on the pitch doesn't exist due to cold weather and moles. This wouldn't effect the top end of the game but would make it more realistic for sure in the lower leagues where the playing services are just shit.

9. *aLe

*aLe International

30 August 2005
    On the hype train
    Cunturipa!
    I agree, greater variety would be welcomed big time.
    In my opinion FIFA 14 was ahead of FIFA 16 in this very area.

I thought they already could (well, at least this is what the SoFIFA DB says about it), am I wrong?

Again, I agree. There are competitions happening in different time spans (for example the ones starting in MArch and ending in November) and for example Serie B in FIFa 16 still didn't have playoffs.
    This should be addressed.

It would be a little difficult to handle in my opinion to have this option, but I agree that a CL semifinal played in a stadium with 2K seats doesn't make much sense.
    I wish they could allow us to "move" to a bigger stadium over time as the club grows in prestige and number of fans though (it would already be a step in the right direction).

That's another good idea which will add to the realism. League 2 pitches should by no means be "perfect" during winter for example.

10. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Esmoriz, Portugal
    Sheffield Wednesday
    At least you can change stadiums on the PC version.

11. Sami 1999

Sami 1999 Noob

28 June 2015
    I would like them to bring back the bouncy cloth physics for the shirt that was in fifa 14 Ng.

But most importantly, I want them to make the player movement responsiveness like that of Fifa 12. Dribbling in Fifa 12 was best- fun over realism. And players moving after 1 sec even without sprinting feels nothing more than a input lag. God Fifa 14 responsiveness was too awful to even play.

Last edited: 23 May 2016
  12. Sami 1999

Sami 1999 Noob

28 June 2015
    Would be great too if they turn career mode into a open world game like GTA.

13. GeladoBom

GeladoBom Banned

17 September 2015
    Penafiel
    FC Penafiel
    Nothing to say about FIFA 17, it's the only one who cares about Next Generation. :)

14. MUFan23

MUFan23 League 1

26 September 2012
    Manchester United
    By the looks of things, they're gonna release a teaser days before their Play event.

Probably fake but,

[​IMG]

Last edited: 28 May 2016
  15. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Esmoriz, Portugal
    Sheffield Wednesday
    FUT 5 aside definitely sounds like the kind of worthless shit they'd add to the game.

16. *aLe

*aLe International

30 August 2005
    On the hype train
    Cunturipa!
    Women club teams? That's good news. :)

17. ramgamer

ramgamer La Liga

22 July 2013
    fc barcelona
    A request of update of some stadiums especially the etihad stadium which hasnt been updated since fifa 14, look at how closer are the goals nets now to the first raw btw the above pic and the bottom one , they updated the seats to be closer in 2014 this needs to be addressed in fifa 17.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. klashman69

klashman69 Fight the Power!

28 November 2007
    I Travel.
    I just hope EA Upgrade the engine. Thats all, i just get too unhappy when i talk too much at FIFA :LOL:

I love to see EA come out at least with full 3D shirts!

19. MUFan23

MUFan23 League 1

26 September 2012
    Manchester United
    Individuality, tactics and other little things would make a world of difference. Sadly they are too concerned with creating gimmick words for worthless features that rarely excite us. 16 had proper footplanting, inertia and the movement was better than its predecessors, 14 was great too. This year would tell us where they are taking the series. If they improve upon this, prioritizing the fundamentals and core of the beautiful game, I'll be a happy man.

20. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Esmoriz, Portugal
    Sheffield Wednesday
    News thread not a wishlist thread...

21. Cesc Fabregas

Cesc Fabregas Gooner

15 June 2007
    Germany
    BVB / Arsenal
    Apparently we will get full body scans for the Premier League in FIFA 17.

[​IMG]

Furthermore that picture was taken down several times due to copyright. Maybe those are the FIFA 17 ambassadors. Could still be fake.

[​IMG]

22. P34SEMM

P34SEMM @iam_emmo

2 November 2011
    Romford
    Liverpool FC
    Will they finally get players body shapes and faces correct?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

23. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Esmoriz, Portugal
    Sheffield Wednesday
    You know you can turn that off right?

24. P34SEMM

P34SEMM @iam_emmo

2 November 2011
    Romford
    Liverpool FC

Yep

25. gabe.paul.logan

7 January 2007
    Budapest
    Hungary
    :D

[​IMG]

btw sitting full body scans? o.O

26. Cesc Fabregas

Cesc Fabregas Gooner

15 June 2007
    Germany
    BVB / Arsenal
    Well, "full upper body" :D We will see, maybe Moore was just shirtless at the face scan.

Will FIFA 17 Run on EA's Frostbite Engine?

27. Chuny

Chuny Misdirection Master

If that's indeed true, then Frostbite will probably be just for PS4 and XBOX ONE. And we'll get it on PC for FIFA 18. They always do it like that.

28. Cesc Fabregas

Cesc Fabregas Gooner

15 June 2007
    Germany
    BVB / Arsenal
    I'm pretty sure this will not happen again.

29. chiefrocka4real

chiefrocka4real Premiership

30 August 2013
    Munich
    many :)
    Wow, FIFA on Frostbite?

I´m getting very curious now :)

30. MafiaMurderBag

MafiaMurderBag Purist

3 November 2009
    England
    Liverpool FC