Fifa 13: Career Mode Discussions

Why is it when I enquire about a player, a team says they'll accept X amount, I offer that amount then they turn around and say they want Y amount?!

For Llorente, I enquired and Bilbao said they'd take £7.5 million. 'Amazing!' I think (his value is £10 million or thereabouts). I offer the requested amount and they turn around and say they won't take anything less than £12.5 million??

Ba v Stoke was booed, can't remember the real world reason for it? Should be Ba booing Pulis for being such a fucktard, oh no we can't sign Ba he's too injury prone, hey let's sign Owen...

BTW one massive, massive CM destroying bug if it's true (and it looks like it) there is zero, nula, noll, no, none, nada CPU player growth :(

Haven't done anything scientific to check it but noticed that Barkley (Everton huge prospect) is still 70 OVR after 6 months and every Newcastle youngster has gone up massively.

Re: Ba v Stoke - weird, that wasn't even suggested in the thread. The only Stoke reference was Ramsey and Shawcross...

That CPU growth thing is a pisser.

Why is it when I enquire about a player, a team says they'll accept X amount, I offer that amount then they turn around and say they want Y amount?!

For Llorente, I enquired and Bilbao said they'd take £7.5 million. 'Amazing!' I think (his value is £10 million or thereabouts). I offer the requested amount and they turn around and say they won't take anything less than £12.5 million??

That's an old bug, not sure if it was from Fifa12 or Fifa11 but I've definitely had that one before with Tottenham.

Cool. Yeah let us know.

Reply from one of the producers (after I lied and said I'd looked for it with "various players eg Suarez"):

"This feature is in the final game, maybe you are checking the wrong players then Martin?"

*puts tail between legs*

Enjoying this years CM, a lot of improvements over last year.

On booing: Yes! Playing Arsenal CM and during the home game against Manchester United the crowd booed Van Persie. Then he scored 2 goals and I lost 2-1 :(

Also, Placebo: There's no CPU growth bug, I can confirm, at least on my version. I feared the same as I followed some players who weren't on my team to see how they developed, and over the season they didn't develop at all. However, when I started the new season several players had developed, for example Yang-M'Bwia went from 79 to 82, Lewandowski has increased to 86 ect... It seems to me that search engine or whatever doesn't register their development dynamically over the season, and instead just updates their stats at the beginning of every new season. Needs a bit more testing though, but I think this is the issue.

Also, players decreasing in stats have become a bigger deal, so I don't think we'll see a 37 year old Wayne Rooney rated at 88. Checking some stats now and Pirlo in my second season is rated 81, which I think is a bit lower than he starts out as. Also, in my second season Arteta has quicky gone from 82 to 79, and he's only 31 years old. Sagna who's 30 has also decreased from 83 to 82.

Also, Placebo: There's no CPU growth bug, I can confirm, at least on my version. I feared the same as I followed some players who weren't on my team to see how they developed, and over the season they didn't develop at all. However, when I started the new season several players had developed, for example Yang-M'Bwia went from 79 to 82, Lewandowski has increased to 86 ect... It seems to me that search engine or whatever doesn't register their development dynamically over the season, and instead just updates their stats at the beginning of every new season. Needs a bit more testing though, but I think this is the issue.

Hmm but Ross Barkley as the example of Everton, he has to have improved somewhat in the first 6 months because his potential if 84, on my Newcastle team every youngster has gone up at least one or two points to their overall during the first 6 months. Surely I should be able to see the stats as they update when I go to view that player? Makes no sense to me that they implemented a system with fog of war or such.

Hmm but Ross Barkley as the example of Everton, he has to have improved somewhat in the first 6 months because his potential if 84, on my Newcastle team every youngster has gone up at least one or two points to their overall during the first 6 months. Surely I should be able to see the stats as they update when I go to view that player? Makes no sense to me that they implemented a system with fog of war or such.

I know, it does sound weird, but this seems to be how it works. Considering how sluggish the menu's are on the consoles (at least on my PS3), it might be too much for the CPU to load, I don't know. I'm in my second season now and it looks like the CPU have stopped growing their players again. What OVR does Barkley start at? Right now on mine he's rated 73.

Just to note, Sagna has increased back to 83. Stats like Acceleration and Sprint Speed have decreased, but Reactions and Interceptions have increased, so his OVR is back to normal.

That sounds like a showstopper bug but hopefully it's not true.

Plus when you play as Be a Pro, you can see your own team-mates growing, so why wouldn't other players?

Nearly finished my first season of VP scored 18 goals in league joint top scorer.

Been blast had few injury one major one that kept me out for 3 months, also cant remember if it was in 12 but nice animation of falling on my elbow after i got back up player holding his arm for while.

Top of league with Cheltenham looks like we are going to get promotion into league one sweet.

My guess would be that growth happens at certain points in the season. Maybe once or twice.

I imagine it is a very processor intensive task to do it in real time for all CPU players, so it is probably being managed in a way that grows them but not at the expense of speed of simming for us.

I have a software engineering background, so that would make sense as the reason.

Unless it's a fuck off bug ;)

Started my Career as Tottenham yesterday. First game was Away to Newcastle (who I nearly chose to be) with a 5:30pm kick off. I was amazed with how the match looked. It had that typical first game feel to it, the grass was lush - just perfect. The game just clicked for me yesterday (cant believe i ever doubted it!!). Anyway, game ended 2-2, simply brilliant stuff!:BOP:

My guess would be that growth happens at certain points in the season. Maybe once or twice.

I imagine it is a very processor intensive task to do it in real time for all CPU players, so it is probably being managed in a way that grows them but not at the expense of speed of simming for us.

I have a software engineering background, so that would make sense as the reason.

Unless it's a fuck off bug ;)

It does make sense and I'm happy they were clever enough to implement it if it does save processing for somewhere else, just wish they'd confirm it!

Oh yeah!!! :D

I urge you guys to try a CM mode as 1 player this year.

I'm gonna do both.

It seems there's more depth to it this year than last year with seasonal objectives set for your individual player by the manager, etc.

Too early to say anything conclusive of course.
Can i just confirm; There are two types of CM this year, first one being 'Player Mgr' aka Virtual pro and 'Manager'?. Am i right in saying 'PM' is purely a career mode where you cannot make transfers etc..? I was baffled when starting a career and for the life of me not being able to find a transfer option! i was searching everywhere for anything 'transfer' related but no joy...!?
The option i liked on FIFA12 was being able to incorporate a 'virtual pro' in 'Player mgr' mode, which doesn't seem to be available in FIFA13!

I've now opted for the latter option, 'Manager'. At least with this option i am managing my team, making transfers etc..

If i'm missing something here please let me know.. i desperately need to know! :0) If not, well, i'm not a big fan of the recent changes CM on F13! :0(

Cheers.

Yes that's exactly as it is Jona, I like many others wish you could have your VP in the "manager" option of CM but sadly it was removed this year :(

I played as Newcastle v West Ham and the crowd weren't too pleased when Carroll came onto the pitch :D

Yep this was finally confirmed by someone at EA so your guess was correct.

Now if only they'd own up as to the reason they utterly castrated offline VP despite only ever saying "player manager" mode was being removed, not all the other aspects of offline VP we knew and loved...

Last edited:
Just started a Villarreal CM, really noticing the difference in playing in a lower league. Sold Rossi so I have a pretty strong squad compared to most of the league. I struggle to get a clean sheet on my Arsenal CM, but for Villarreal I've only conceded 1 in 6 games. Goalkeepers are also more realistically bad, just played Castilla winning 3-0, two of the goals were absolute goalkeeping howlers, where the shot was hit straight at the keeper but bounced into the goal because they were too powerful.

Just started a Villarreal CM, really noticing the difference in playing in a lower league. Sold Rossi so I have a pretty strong squad compared to most of the league. I struggle to get a clean sheet on my Arsenal CM, but for Villarreal I've only conceded 1 in 6 games. Goalkeepers are also more realistically bad, just played Castilla winning 3-0, two of the goals were absolute goalkeeping howlers, where the shot was hit straight at the keeper but bounced into the goal because they were too powerful.

what difficulty and what sliders?

Enjoying this years CM, a lot of improvements over last year.

On booing: Yes! Playing Arsenal CM and during the home game against Manchester United the crowd booed Van Persie. Then he scored 2 goals and I lost 2-1 :(
d. Sagna who's 30 has also decreased from 83 to 82.

do they boo in friendly mode or only in career mode u get boos?

started my first cm with Newcastle united ( mid table expectation works for me ) bought kolo toure from city for 3 million euros , matt phillips from Blackpool for 3 million euros and loaned buutner on a season long loan from united as back up for my other LB Santon ... sold cabaye as valencia offered 12 million euros to start with i asked for 18 million which valencia met and he was gone so brang isco from malaga as a direct replacment for 15 million euros ... first league game lost 2-0 to spurs but then i won the second game away to chelsea 2 headers from the mighty demba ba ! chelsea piled on the pressure in the last 15 mins hitting the bar twice but managed to get thru for the 3 point fantastic feeling :) . cisse and ba up front are a joy to play with , but the biggest thing for me was in the 3rd match away to watford in the capital one cup ... as soon as the match kicked off i could feel i was not playing a decent side like spurs and chelsea i could feel i could score everytime i go forward and noticed that watford were lofting balls from the back most of the time greatest match i have ever had won it in extra time 5-4 ! cisse hat trick thought of resting some key players but ended up bringing them on till now brilliant !

what difficulty and what sliders?

Play on world class, all user sliders are default except for injury slider and run frequency. CPU has 58 pass error, 55 pass speed, 52 shot error, 52 first touch and 60 goalkeeper ability.

Still haven't quite found the right sweet spot, but felt it worked quite well in EPL. However, in Liga Adelante the CPU is simply struggling to create chances, although that will change once I get promoted.

For the most part I find it too easy to score goals, which is why I increased AI goalkeeping ability. And while now every goalkeeper in the EPL plays like a 25 year old Buffon I still manage to net a few each game. Is there any way through the sliders to make the AI defend better? (of course it might just be that I have been playing Arsenal and they have good attackers. I'll see how I do once I get Villarreal promoted)

Definitely one of the most "freezingest" CM/MM ever, just gone through the first transfer deadline day and during the 10 hour progression the game locked up completely 10-15 times requiring a return to dashboard and relaunch of the game, really not acceptable. I also noticed that many times the emails were an hour behind (ie if you look at transfer negotiations you can see your transfer offer was accepted/rejected but you don't get the email about it until the following hour).

Obviously it's great that stuff was added/improved but it really is giving me major Fifa10 flashback in terms of QA.

started my first cm with Newcastle united ( mid table expectation works for me ) bought kolo toure from city for 3 million euros , matt phillips from Blackpool for 3 million euros and loaned buutner on a season long loan from united as back up for my other LB Santon ... sold cabaye as valencia offered 12 million euros to start with i asked for 18 million which valencia met and he was gone so brang isco from malaga as a direct replacment for 15 million euros ... first league game lost 2-0 to spurs but then i won the second game away to chelsea 2 headers from the mighty demba ba ! chelsea piled on the pressure in the last 15 mins hitting the bar twice but managed to get thru for the 3 point fantastic feeling :) . cisse and ba up front are a joy to play with , but the biggest thing for me was in the 3rd match away to watford in the capital one cup ... as soon as the match kicked off i could feel i was not playing a decent side like spurs and chelsea i could feel i could score everytime i go forward and noticed that watford were lofting balls from the back most of the time greatest match i have ever had won it in extra time 5-4 ! cisse hat trick thought of resting some key players but ended up bringing them on till now brilliant !

how did watford put 4 goals against you though??

Isnt that a bit worrying?

Definitely one of the most "freezingest" CM/MM ever, just gone through the first transfer deadline day and during the 10 hour progression the game locked up completely 10-15 times requiring a return to dashboard and relaunch of the game, really not acceptable. I also noticed that many times the emails were an hour behind (ie if you look at transfer negotiations you can see your transfer offer was accepted/rejected but you don't get the email about it until the following hour).

Obviously it's great that stuff was added/improved but it really is giving me major Fifa10 flashback in terms of QA.

I havent had one freeze yet Placebo im playing on the laptop tho mate.

Back
Top Bottom