Fifa 13: Career Mode Discussions

Placebo your Xbox might be dying I haven't had a single freeze in manager mode and thats all I play

Seems very unlikely it's a 2 year old slim, no other games have such problems, considering the amount of other people reporting freezes it seems too much of a coincidence to believe that a large batch of 360s have suddenly decided they've had enough ;)

So far so good. No crashes (ps3) and even less stuttering than I've experienced on previous FIFAs (where the game literally pauses for 15 seconds or so).

I love the Transfer system now.

Madrid put in a bid for Suarez, £22.5m, I made a counter offer of £37.5m hoping to scare them off, they then came back and offered the full amount.

I'm now left with only Borini as a recognised striker as the Suarez deal was done too late to agree a fee with anyone else.

(Ha, I made an offer for Torres, Chelsea accepted but Nando turned it down "due to the recent history" between him and LFC - quality!).

Transfers overall have been quite realistic in my opinion. I like how a lot of the speculation doesn't turn out to be true.

I had a real "pro evo" moment last night when I beat Chelsea (with Torres booed all the way through :-D ) with the last kick of the game in extra time in the COC(k) - the joy I had at scoring the goal (it was a decent 20 yarder too) was something I've never had with any previous FIFAs.

I really "felt" the goal.

Interesting that he turned it down! I wonder if it means that say for example Downing demanded a move and you sold him, then two seasons down the road tried to sign him (not that you would of course!) if he'd "remember" that he left on bad terms, or if it's just pre-programmed for certain players (perhaps part of the DB setting for which players are to be booed), which would be a shame. I've been telling them for years they need to make that kind of stuff dynamic, like if one of your players gets injured in a tackle and it's a bad injury, the player who made the tackle should get booed for the rest of the match and anytime you meet that player again no matter who he plays for he should get booed by your team.

I sold Julian Bennett to some Championship team and then we played them and the press was saying how it was a chance for him to get revenge and how he was expecting to get booed, but then in the match our fans didn't boo him which was really disappointing.

As an aside, after the match there was a news item about objects being thrown at him from the crowd, how is it not ok to show players exchanging handbags on the pitch (for example) but it's ok to write fake news items about objects being thrown onto the pitch and crowd arrests etc? (should mention the news item has a grammatical error in the form of a missing "the", just saying)...

Last edited:
Transfers overall have been quite realistic in my opinion. I like how a lot of the speculation doesn't turn out to be true.

Yeah delighted that the speculation pop ups don't always result in transfers. Really enjoying CM so far.

This year I started a campaign with RC Lens which is going well so far, joint top with Auxerre and Monaco at the start of January. All manual on professional seems a good balance for the time being. Have really enjoyed some of the player interruption and stories, including my star LB stalling on a new contract which as an Arsenal fan in real life felt all too familiar!

At the start of the season I signed the free agent goalkeeper Ibrahim Koné who now in January leads the league clean sheets charts. Was very cool to see quite a few clubs bid for him offering above his market value with my chief executive saying "Ibrahim Koné is in great form and leads the league's clean sheets table, so we can charge a premium for him" Going to keep him though and push on for promotion - Ligue 1 here we come (hopefully!)

@placebo - haha - yeah, like I'd ever want to re-sign Downing! (ironic that you should use him as an example as I offered Chelsea him plus £9m for Ladyboy).

I reckon it's down to the booing variables rather than anything in game but I've often hoped for the exact same element that you suggested.

That story about objects being thrown onto the pitch is a bit wrong really.

Somehow this seems relevant, but I would prefer players to be stretched off when they've sprained their ankle (for example) rather than hobbling off.

Maybe I just haven't seen a bad enough injury yet?

Oh, another thing that is better this year - CPU squad rotation and use of subs (remember when Giggs used to play CB a couple of years back?!).

Chelsea, losing yesterday, brought Mata on for fat Frank as an example.

@jamxo - respect for starting such an ambitious career, I find it difficult to stay interested in anything other than LFC/Prem, although I might give internationals a go after a couple of seasons.

Placebo has crashed?! Fifa has taken him over?!

:LMAO:

Yeah, that's about right Placebo, there was another mad choice for Man Utd - something as ridiclous as Scholes at CB but can't remember now.

Anyway, so far I'm not seeing anything quite as bad as all of that, no matter how many times you post it ;-p

hey guys thought i would put my 2 cents in with this years release.
I started the career mode on two fronts one as a manager of my team liverpool the other as a VP also with liverpool. I have decided to mainly stick with the player side for the moment as it seemed to be more interesting.

I started my career with scoring 5 goals in the 3 pre season friendlies as striker.
It came towards the seasons start and liverpool decide i need to go out on loan(never had this in any fifa) at first i thought wtf i was a star thru pre season. I went through the offers, Cheltenham Town, Bradford City then Charlton Athletic i thought sod it charlton. I signed and was soon dropped into the preverbial S***!! Charlton was lying bottom of the championship pile as in 24th literally 5 games played 5 losses. I was like what have i done lol Ok I carried on and I am now at a point the manager has called me a 'Game Changer' I turned them around from bottom to high up the table so far i am now in the play off places. My stats so far are as follows....Played 21 Won 11 Draw 3 Lost 7(5 before i joined) It has been quite challenging and my only notible high win was a 6-1 away win against watford!! I have beaten the teams in the Blackpool and Bolton above me, Drew 0-0 with leeds in my first match(charltons 6th) my only physical loss was 2-0 to sheffield weds! the other loss since i started was a 4-1 loss to leicester city however it was when the manager decided i needed a rest grrr. I hope to carry on a challenge automatic promotion although i will be recalled back to liverpool either in jan(2 months away from my current postition) or at the end. I cannot see where liverpool are in their table as it only show the table as of when i left them(14th place after 2 matches)

I started my CM with Tottenham Hotspurs last night to check the mode out.

One thing that has overwhelmed me, is how the transfer system have been revamped this year :)

I was looking for a striker too support Defoe, Adebayor and Dembelé (I use him as a CM, but works well as a CF too) and found Kevin Gameiro from Paris Saint Germain who I thought would be easy to acquire for a decent price (They have Lavezzi, Menez, Nene and Ibrahimovic, so getting playing time wouldn't be easy for him).
His value is 6.5mio£.

I made an enquire about and they said they wanted around 8mio. So I put a bid in for 7,5mio£, and they counter-offered me saying that they wanted 10mio£?.

I thought "WTF?!" - Can you decide or do your Saudi Arabian owners not understand if they want to deal with Euros, Pounds or Dollars :)

So I made another counter-offer, saying 8,5mio£ and they accepted and I could agree a contract with Gameiro.

He got great speed and finishing, and is actually pretty strong physical, looking at how he is build (He is 1,72m/5ft7½).

I also brought in LB, Monreal, from Malaga CF for 5.750mio£ - I will use him as a backup for Assou-Ekotto.

I also got a horrible injury :( Jan Vertonghen broke his tailbone attending training and is out for 4 months.

I got Caulker, Gallas and Kaboul (Using Huddlestone on a CB is also a possibility), so getting a new CB isn't a priority at this moment.

Playing my first game away against Newcastle in the PL didn't go to well.
Lost 2-0 (Ba and Cissé scored) and I was getting used to play with passing and crossing on Manual, so alot of crosses were completely overhit and passes spraying all over not hitting my players, didn't help.

In my second game against WBA at home I was more comfortable with passing/crossing on manual, so I actually dominated all game, but got punished on a counter where Steve Morrison send Lukaku away, alone with my goalkeeper and he scored comfortably.
1-0, WBA.

Then in the 86th minute a cross from Kyle Walker to Gameiro found the back of net. Gameiro heading it home, hitting the post and in. GOAL! I flew up of my chair. Looooong time since I had that feeling scoring a goal on FIFA/PES.

The game ended 1-1 (Just as the real fixture) and my first point of the season were home.

Next game against Norwich was the most amazing game ever. It was so intense! Norwich had acquired Thierry Henry and was actually pretty surprised seeing him at Norwich.

Steve Morrison scored the first goal for Norwich in the 3' minute.
Then Gameiro scored a great goal in the 14' minute, dribbling of a defender at the backline and then outplacing the keeper at the far post. GREAT GOAL!

In the 44' minute Thierry Henry poached a goal in from a cross, and I wasn't a happy man, conceding just before half-time.

We went out to the 2nd half, changing the mentality to "Attacking" and dominated until the 72' minute where Thierry Henry scored a great goal from cross and heading it home.
He is so deadly in front of goal (Just as in real life - 2 chances, 2 goals).

I changed the mentality to "Ultra Attacking" and change the Custom Tactics to "High Pressure".

I pushed Norwich backwards and it paid off..

In the 90' minute, Dembelé recieved the ball from Adebayor at the edge of the penalty box and took a nice touch past a defender and fired away a low shot for the far post....

GOAL!

Norwich kicked off and try to keep it in the back-four and I pushed forward with Bale chasing the ball. He conquered it and won a corner...

At this moment I was pretty nervous.. Bale sent in the corner and it went straight to a Norwich defender, but he headed it to Scott Parker just outside the penalty box!

He took a touch and fired a bullet at goal and hitting the netroof in the middle of the goal, the keeper couldn't react and he slotted it home in overtime!

I flew up from the chair, yelling "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL" so loud that I woke my sleeping dog up.. It was so F'CKING amazing!

Never had that before.. That was so sick! 3-3 and the best game I've ever had on FIFA :APPLAUD:

Then I went to work and that was an anti-climax :COAT:

I asked for more cash and got told to fuck off because i would be getting the sack soon. I was only on my 4th game.:CONFUSE::SHOCK:

I started my CM with Tottenham Hotspurs last night to check the mode out.

One thing that has overwhelmed me, is how the transfer system have been revamped this year :)

I was looking for a striker too support Defoe, Adebayor and Dembelé (I use him as a CM, but works well as a CF too) and found Kevin Gameiro from Paris Saint Germain who I thought would be easy to acquire for a decent price (They have Lavezzi, Menez, Nene and Ibrahimovic, so getting playing time wouldn't be easy for him).
His value is 6.5mio£.

I made an enquire about and they said they wanted around 8mio. So I put a bid in for 7,5mio£, and they counter-offered me saying that they wanted 10mio£?.

I thought "WTF?!" - Can you decide or do your Saudi Arabian owners not understand if they want to deal with Euros, Pounds or Dollars :)

So I made another counter-offer, saying 8,5mio£ and they accepted and I could agree a contract with Gameiro.

He got great speed and finishing, and is actually pretty strong physical, looking at how he is build (He is 1,72m/5ft7½).

I also brought in LB, Monreal, from Malaga CF for 5.750mio£ - I will use him as a backup for Assou-Ekotto.

I also got a horrible injury :( Jan Vertonghen broke his tailbone attending training and is out for 4 months.

I got Caulker, Gallas and Kaboul (Using Huddlestone on a CB is also a possibility), so getting a new CB isn't a priority at this moment.

Playing my first game away against Newcastle in the PL didn't go to well.
Lost 2-0 (Ba and Cissé scored) and I was getting used to play with passing and crossing on Manual, so alot of crosses were completely overhit and passes spraying all over not hitting my players, didn't help.

In my second game against WBA at home I was more comfortable with passing/crossing on manual, so I actually dominated all game, but got punished on a counter where Steve Morrison send Lukaku away, alone with my goalkeeper and he scored comfortably.
1-0, WBA.

Then in the 86th minute a cross from Kyle Walker to Gameiro found the back of net. Gameiro heading it home, hitting the post and in. GOAL! I flew up of my chair. Looooong time since I had that feeling scoring a goal on FIFA/PES.

The game ended 1-1 (Just as the real fixture) and my first point of the season were home.

Next game against Norwich was the most amazing game ever. It was so intense! Norwich had acquired Thierry Henry and was actually pretty surprised seeing him at Norwich.

Steve Morrison scored the first goal for Norwich in the 3' minute.
Then Gameiro scored a great goal in the 14' minute, dribbling of a defender at the backline and then outplacing the keeper at the far post. GREAT GOAL!

In the 44' minute Thierry Henry poached a goal in from a cross, and I wasn't a happy man, conceding just before half-time.

We went out to the 2nd half, changing the mentality to "Attacking" and dominated until the 72' minute where Thierry Henry scored a great goal from cross and heading it home.
He is so deadly in front of goal (Just as in real life - 2 chances, 2 goals).

I changed the mentality to "Ultra Attacking" and change the Custom Tactics to "High Pressure".

I pushed Norwich backwards and it paid off..

In the 90' minute, Dembelé recieved the ball from Adebayor at the edge of the penalty box and took a nice touch past a defender and fired away a low shot for the far post....

GOAL!

Norwich kicked off and try to keep it in the back-four and I pushed forward with Bale chasing the ball. He conquered it and won a corner...

At this moment I was pretty nervous.. Bale sent in the corner and it went straight to a Norwich defender, but he headed it to Scott Parker just outside the penalty box!

He took a touch and fired a bullet at goal and hitting the netroof in the middle of the goal, the keeper couldn't react and he slotted it home in overtime!

I flew up from the chair, yelling "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL" so loud that I woke my sleeping dog up.. It was so F'CKING amazing!

Never had that before.. That was so sick! 3-3 and the best game I've ever had on FIFA :APPLAUD:

Then I went to work and that was an anti-climax :COAT:

lol what difficulty are u playing and other stuff sliders , all manual etc?

Sounds fun..gonna start a career tonight but unsure what sliders to use etc...

lol what difficulty are u playing and other stuff sliders , all manual etc?

Sounds fun..gonna start a career tonight but unsure what sliders to use etc...

For sliders; Placebos were excellent last year, and I can see no reason why they wouldn't be this year, try them out

For difficult; start at Pro, then move up according to how you feel it plays for you.

To get the most fun out of CM; for me it's always to be a low league club and then build them slowly

Started my first CM season on FIFA 13 using my beloved Liverpool as new manager Brendan Rodgers.

Into the transfer market, the first thing I wanted to do was to get a couple of strikers to avoid having to play Borini up front if Suarez got injured/suspended :-)

So I go and sign 2 strikers !! Matias Suarez for 8m pounds and Zarate for 6m

But my existing players like Sterling and Assaidi are in great form so it's hard for the new boys to get into the team.

Ah I tried to offload Downing, but he could not agree on terms...damn you Downing !

So into my first game of the season vs City at home, and with an even contest, City scored in the 90th minute thru Barry of all people !

We win the next 2 vs WBA and Man Utd....completely dominating them. Thrash Young boys 5:0 away in the Europa...and Portsmouth 3:0 away in the league-cup.

So here I go thinking this team is good, and then I lose the next 3 games 1:0, (I was playing around with the settings to make it harder....guess it got too hard) Norwich, Anzi and Stoke all beat me....so frustrating !

Then we visited Bayer Leverkusen away, needing a win to stop the rot....and 2 goals from Assaidi, in the last 10 minutes restored our confidence.

Loving it !

Hey guys,

I decided to head straight for my usual 'lower-league project club' pretty much as soon as I'd loaded up this years installment of fifa.

I plumped for Plymouth Argyle in League 2, no idea why, I actually almost regretted it when I set eyes upon their finances; but there you go. It's going to be a long road to the premiership...

So first thing to do, as standard, was to raid the market for freebies and loan players. These are the players I brought in:

Ahmed Fathy, CDM - Free
Roni Porokara, LW (Afro Man) - Free
Alex Brosque, ST - Free
Scott Wooton, CB - Loan, Man Utd
Ashley Richards, RB - Loan, Swansea

A decent set of players it turns out, even if the majority were brought in just to make up the numbers. I sold off some deadwood and loaned out this dude, Matt Lecointe, a 17 year old striker who I thought had 'potential', for the lower leagues at least.

I'm currently sitting 3rd in the league with 24 points from 12 games played. Gillingham and Chesterfield occupy 1st and 2nd with 29 and 27 points respectively. I'm still going strong in the St. Johnstone's Paint Trophy :P but I was knocked out of the League Cup by Blackburn Rovers (that 90th minute goal I conceded still annoys me).

I've got a good feel for my squad now, and I at least know all their names :P

I've actually found a couple of gems: Luke Young, a 19 year old CAM springs to mind, he's gone up from 58 to 62 OVR already. There's this winger, Andre Guirreri (sp?) he's a beast on that right side, skips past everyone. Then of course there's my very own signing Alex Brosque. He's got 7 goals in 7 games so far and he fits in with my '1-2's/through balls in and around the edge of the box' style of play perfectly.

Oh and that Lecointe bloke i sent out on loan has gone from 55 to 59, a growth of +4 after playing only 7 games for Northampton :CONFUSE:

I'm using Placeho's sliders with a few tweaks and they are great. I knocked the CPU pass error down a touch, pass speed slightly and increased injury frequency/decreased severity (was getting broken ankles and legs every other game!

I started CM with Inited, transfers switched off. Scored some absolutely brilliant goals, and played very well. I've dominated the lesser teams, and battled passed the better teams, only dropping only two points.

However, I've worked my balls off each game, it's definitely not been too easy and I'm sure I'm going to drop a lot more points.

Id go lower league club but I get bored with lack of money and ability to sign decent players for years.

I Was thinking to do cheat so u can cchange your fiances adn have millions...so I could go low league club and pretend been bought by russians,,,it makes it more fun if u have some excitign player sto play with...3-4 seasons b4 getting in top league can be boring? Especially as that can take a lot of game time if u play games not sim like i do.

For sliders; Placebos were excellent last year, and I can see no reason why they wouldn't be this year, try them out

For difficult; start at Pro, then move up according to how you feel it plays for you.

To get the most fun out of CM; for me it's always to be a low league club and then build them slowly

Yeh I will do that i guess

Started my first CM season on FIFA 13 using my beloved Liverpool as new manager Brendan Rodgers.

Into the transfer market, the first thing I wanted to do was to get a couple of strikers to avoid having to play Borini up front if Suarez got injured/suspended :-)

So I go and sign 2 strikers !! Matias Suarez for 8m pounds and Zarate for 6m

But my existing players like Sterling and Assaidi are in great form so it's hard for the new boys to get into the team.

Ah I tried to offload Downing, but he could not agree on terms...damn you Downing !

So into my first game of the season vs City at home, and with an even contest, City scored in the 90th minute thru Barry of all people !

We win the next 2 vs WBA and Man Utd....completely dominating them. Thrash Young boys 5:0 away in the Europa...and Portsmouth 3:0 away in the league-cup.

So here I go thinking this team is good, and then I lose the next 3 games 1:0, (I was playing around with the settings to make it harder....guess it got too hard) Norwich, Anzi and Stoke all beat me....so frustrating !

Then we visited Bayer Leverkusen away, needing a win to stop the rot....and 2 goals from Assaidi, in the last 10 minutes restored our confidence.

Loving it !

I'm not the only one against Downing being in the first team, I bought just 2 players at the start of the management season - Oxlade-Chamberlain for 10mil and Walcott(just to p*** downing off) for 6mil + Joe Cole and i stuck downing in reserves. Young guys are worth sticking with like Wisdom, Sterling, Morgan, Assaidi & Yesil. On the player side odd thing occurred just before i was loaned out 3 key players suffered harsh injuries. Agger out 3 months broken elbow, Skrtel out 2 months torn hamstring and Johnson 3 weeks cant remember what with, suppose I was lucky I got out when I did lol

All your stories made me want to start one, so I did.

My own pro, playing for Wigan. Hoping to start at a lesser Premier team and work my way up.

We win our first friendly 3-1 against Grasshoper, I get an assist.

I am dropped for the second friendly, I come in the third friendly and the first tackle on me breaks my ankle. Out for 3 months. Now Martinez wants me to go away on loan.

Bummer!!

EDIT: 3 months of simming is boring!!!

I starte my be a pro mode career.

I made a Spanish striker in the mold of Torres/Moreintes. He is a finisher 6ft 170lbs? I think..Santiago Rodriguez I called him and his nickname Santa lol.

I started at Aresnal...Socred on debut in preseason with a rebound that fell to my feet and bounced in net from 4yrds lol easiest goal I will ever or have ever scored in FIFA..Next game mallorca I started again as main striker in arsenal 4-3-3 with oxolade and Walcott on wings..Failed to score...Then the real fixtures began and I was dropped from team and put up for loan..I rejeceted a few league 2 clusb before opting to sign for MK dons...my first game sucked and I was feeling world class was to hard for this mode..so for my 2nd game I dropped it to proffesional.

We won at home 2-0 versus oldham I think? I scored both goals..1st a penalty and 2nd a 90th minute counter goal as CPu pressed for late equailser.

Quite enjoying it but think I prefer to play with whole team not just 1 player but exciting seeing your player develop and what not. So I will give it more time.

Put game speed up to normal from slow though as I hate stand around waiting for the ball for ages as it is with only controlling1 player...Maybe I een put to fast I cant rememebr but defo not playing onslow gets borign wiating for ball.

Lining up like this in my first season:

owlsg.jpg

Kongolo and Vilhelna are on season loans from Feyenoord, Punch Masenmela has too awesome a name not to sign as a freebie! Miquel on loan from Arsenal, Leandro (aka Weverson Leandro Oliveira Moura) on loan from Gremio and Jorgensen a signing at the end of the window, I also signed a young CB Dario Dumić who looks to be an excellent prospect and swaps with Miquel. It's not a formation I'd normally use in Fifas but I was having a hard time breaking down opposing teams in the Championship without leaving me exposed in midfield on the break so this works really well, freebie called Ballon and Semedo cover the DM positions (Semedo despite his stats is really good, so much energy getting all over the place), Bothroyd and Madine cover the central role with Antonio and Farkas covering the wings amongst others :)

Looks like a good lineup Placebo - I also signed Mr. Punch who was an excellent utility player and impact sub for me (quite good stats going forward as a LWB) and Miquel who I had on loan for the season was an absolute rock at the back - excellent reading of the game, I often found him anticipating situations and nipping in to win the ball (similar to when I've seen him at the Emirates in real life!)

So I finished my first season with RC Lens and thought I would post a little write up and some impressions of my rollercoaster first year in Ligue 2! (Settings are 6 minutes halves, fully manual, slightly tweaked version of Placebo's sliders and although I started on World Class I moved up to Legendary for the latter half of the season.)

xPYOr.png

Although originally tasked with finishing mid table, I managed to guide the team to a dramatic third place promotion finish secured on the final day of the season but I tell you it was no easy feat. Whilst we conceded the fewest goals in the ligue we were in the bottom half of goals scored, which basically means I had to avoid multiple tactical defending induced nervous breakdowns throughout the many 1-0 victories of the season.

Transfers in:

Yassine Benzia (loan)
Ibrahima Mbaye (loan)
Ignasi Miquel (loan)
Joshua Kennedy (free)
Punch Masenamela (free)
Ibrahim Koné (free)
Wissam Ben Yedder (£1M)

Overall I'm really enjoying the mode, transfers are much better, some of the player stories are quite captivating (Bergdich my one highly rated player stalled on a new contract in January until I succumbed and made him the highest earner in the squad) and I've really noticed struggling against in form teams and dominating those lower down.

Thought I would quickly share the highlight of the season which is pretty much the main reason for our unlikely promotion. AJ Auxerre and Dijon FCO comfortably finished 1st and 2nd and so it was between my boys and wealthy AS Monaco for the third and final promotion spot. I ended up getting it by 1 solitary point but a few weeks earlier I travelled to the Stade Louis II to play them in effectively a promotion decider.

Due to injuries I had to play my recently arrived in january No. 10 Ben Yedder as the outright forward and as he had struggled to hit the floor running was somewhat pessimistic. I shouldn't have been - in the first half he peeled away from his man to score a back post tap in and then in the second half after a break away from heavy Monaco pressure he scored this absolute beauty to make it 0-2 and get the vital 3 points which allowed me to overtake Monaco into 3rd:

YouTube - FIFA 13 - RC Lens Ben Yedder scorcher

Scoring a goal like this on fully manual is outrageously satisfying, I actually gasped aloud! It kind of reminds me of a poor mans version of Oscars recent goal against Juventus (minus the outrageous flick)

Anyway on to Ligue 1!

I have started my first season with Southend, I began on full manual semi pro (I'm not as good as you guys).
I did ok in the friendlies winning 2 and drawing 1 (against Sheffield wed, I didn't know Bothroyd was playing for you, Placebo) but was finding it too easy so i went up to Professional.

I beat Torquay in the first game 1-0 with R. Hall scoring the winner. Then it was the league cup against Huddersfield. Really tough game as they are in the championship, they took a 0-1 lead in the 20th minute. We were playing better than them until they scored then they got some momentum going. But then Freddy Eastwood hit the post for us from 20 yards and 3 mins later he got the equaliser 1-1.
It was very end to end and towards the end of extra time they were dominating. We managed to hold till penalties which we won 5-3. Next round we are at home to AFC Wimbledon.

I thought I was coping ok with manual everything but then I played 2 games this morning and really struggled. My passing is fine but my shots are going everywhere but on target. One shot I had in the last minute went out for a throw in!:SHOCK: what made it worse was that I was losing 1-0.

I know you guys will hate me but I decided to go semi shooting, semi crossing, manual passing, until I get better. I feel like im cheating, but it's either that or my controller's life is at risk!

Overall I am enjoying the game, though the commentary lasted 6 games until I turned it off.

Nice to see this thread fully up and running with many folks enjoying their games and sharing stories.

jamxo, good to have you and your French stories back bro! Madsen, as always interesting!

I'm in October of 1st season only in CM Mode with Dortmund so haven't played a whole lot but when I did, I had no problems whatsever. No bugs or crashes yet and I'm on x360 as well but haven't installed it to HD, playing from disk.

Sounds like a few of you have even finished a season already and didn't experience any show-stopping bugs. That's great to hear!

Nice to see that AI players do grow as well and that's not a problem.

For those who've already finished a season or so, did you notice players grow too much/too fast?

In FIFA12, they didn't and the opposite was a bit of a problem. But in FIFA13, I've noticed a month into the season and already many players have grown by +2 overall which is a little concerning but hopefully not constant.

Oooohhh Placebo, your in sooo much trouble. I decided to use your sliders (with just a few tweaks hear and there) and in my first career match after switching to your sliders i had 2 long term injuries!!. Im holding you personally responsible for these injuries lol :BOP:

(ive now toned down the injury severity lol).

Absolutely loving my 1st season so far :)):))

Lining up like this in my first season:

owlsg.jpg

Kongolo and Vilhelna are on season loans from Feyenoord, Punch Masenmela has too awesome a name not to sign as a freebie! Miquel on loan from Arsenal, Leandro (aka Weverson Leandro Oliveira Moura) on loan from Gremio and Jorgensen a signing at the end of the window, I also signed a young CB Dario Dumić who looks to be an excellent prospect and swaps with Miquel. It's not a formation I'd normally use in Fifas but I was having a hard time breaking down opposing teams in the Championship without leaving me exposed in midfield on the break so this works really well, freebie called Ballon and Semedo cover the DM positions (Semedo despite his stats is really good, so much energy getting all over the place), Bothroyd and Madine cover the central role with Antonio and Farkas covering the wings amongst others :)

Leandro is so deadly in the game! I got him proposed by my co-worker - He buys to every club he plays with in CM :D

Dario Dumić is a talent from Brondby IF in Superligaen. He got great potential in real-life, so please tell me how he develops :)

Back
Top Bottom