Fifa 13: Career Mode Discussions

I've had teams come in for players I don't want to sell (unless they offer something crazy) like Ba, Cabaye, Tiote etc and for those I'm countered back pretty much asking for double their value, probably about 6 different bids for those kinds of players, half the time they say thanks but no thanks and half the time they've upped their offers, a German team was after Cabaye and that went on for about four or five negotiations before they gave up, think they offered his market value of 8.5 first, I said I want 18, they came back with 9, I said 15, they came back with 9.5 I said I wanted 12 and they offered 9.5 twice more before they finally gave up. Never had an AI team offer cash plus a player for one of my players so I'm guessing that wasn't implemented?

For players I had on the transfer list it's probably about 50% as well they either say no thanks or come back with an offer, Villa bought Ryan Taylor and first offer about 75% of his value, I countered with something like 110% and they said yep that's fine and it was done, cool thing was I played Villa about 3 matches after that and they made a big deal about the fact he was returning to face his former team in a news item and again during the match the commentators mentioned it, he didn't actually play though which was a shame cos I was hoping he'd get booed!
:)

My best experience is definitely in buying players, that's handled so much better now, 12 was so shit whereby if they say no twice without even giving you a hint what they wanted you then get that obnoxious message "we've been told a resounded no by their club, try again in the next window" or whatever it was, very poor game design IMO.

Because Newcastle had so little cash to spend I've been trying to buy 1st team players with cash + spare squad players and sometimes I've tried 3 or 4 different player + cash offers before the team decide that's something they want and the deal is made.

Only slight disappointments are 1. absolutely nothing is changed about transfer deadline day, they could have split it into half hour implements surely? and 2. I swear I read the loan window was now separate but that doesn't seem the case at all? :(

Oh have to add, the other very good thing, you can now switch your offer from loan to buy and vice versa anytime depending how the process is going, a couple of players I couldn't afford deals for so after failing in negotiations I switched it to loan + agreed fee (anyone else notice the board now restricts what you can offer as an agreed fee to a realistic amount?)

Ah that is good to know, great! :))

Yep the thing in Fifa 12 where they said that you couldn't negotiate anymore at all was ridiculous, you make a couple of attempts and then that was it.

I'm going to try and build up Jenkinson, The Ox, Wilshere and Ramsey and hopefully bring in some players that my scout picks. oh and Frimpong and the Coq (but the Coq I might sell, as he pissed me off in real life, if a player is a dick in real life I tend to not play with them, like Walcott :)) )

I have put my Manager name as Wenger, so I will stick with his Philosophy :))

One annoying thing this year is that if I counter an offer for one of my players 95% of the time the other team just says that the player is not worth that much and the discussions are over.

There should be more negotiating, it is really annoying otherwise.

In one case I put the price up by £1.5million, then they just said he isn't worth that much and it was all over. They could of met me half way or something, that is frustrating.

They either say he isn't worth it, or they say they agree with the price and will offer the player a contract.

Is this what others are experiencing, I have done it with about 9 players and this is what is happening. Maybe someone who has done more transfers can answer if this is what they are seeing as well?

I've had many counter offers to get a better price. You can also convince players who reject you at the contract stage by giving them another few grand. Realistic at least

if there is true growth for young stars, then check out a guy called Dongou at Barca B. in real life he is a phenom, next big thing etc. He's 16/17 bad shooting stats, but great for his physique stats like speed, and must become a star. Same for Viktor Fisher of Ajax, he will be sensational.

Jordy Clasie of Feyenoord is another I read about as the new Xavi, and I bought him, seems a v good player.

I've started as Milan, sold Boateng, Robinho, Nocerino, and signed de Gea, Dede (CB- an absolute beast), Clasie, Ander Herrera, Andreas Schurrle (class), and will come back in for Isco in January. Emphasis on young players in the high-70's overall.

I really am enjoying this game, but gutted i didn't get on the freebies at the start of career though.

I've had many counter offers to get a better price. You can also convince players who reject you at the contract stage by giving them another few grand. Realistic at least

Good stuff :))

Yeah my manager's name is Pardew, probably silly to most people but to me seeing my name as manager of a club is silly :)

To be honest I usually use my own name, I like it :))

But for some reason I chose Wenger, I think it is because I want to do well and prove all of the doubters wrong! :PP

Should have chosen a different name then :BOP:

:COAT:

:PP

Does anybody know if you create a player on the database, say a young player and put him in a team for manager mode, will they increase/decrease the same as the other players?

I'm sure they must do, but just wanted to check if anybody had done it and noticed a difference?

Because I can't put my VP in CM, I'm thinking of putting a young me in the Arsenal squad for my next CM, but obviously if he plays well I want him to grow. I will note down all of my stats for my starting VP and just match them when I make me :))

Won't be the same, especially as I can't put my gameface or whatever it is called on it, but still might be good.

Started a VP career to see what it is like, I accepted a loan from Arsenal to play for Port Vale for a year, really cool. But I need to score 19 goals?! And 7 assists with an average rating of 7.7 or something. I will start it properly soon.

It is good that you can play as the whole team as well and I also get subbed. So it all seems pretty good.

This VP is completely separate to the online VP, so you can't build him up for online. So it really does look like they have cracked down on online vps being abused by building up through offline.

Started a VP career to see what it is like, I accepted a loan from Arsenal to play for Port Vale for a year, really cool. But I need to score 19 goals?! And 7 assists with an average rating of 7.7 or something. I will start it properly soon.

It is good that you can play as the whole team as well and I also get subbed. So it all seems pretty good.

This VP is completely separate to the online VP, so you can't build him up for online. So it really does look like they have cracked down on online vps being abused by building up through offline.

Good. Them little idiots ruined FIFA 12 clubs.

Although, from what I'm hearing, it's stupid easy to build up your pro online too...

Manager mode with the mighty Borussia Dortmund on the way now with retail version!

Off to conquer Europe over the next few years!

I've already noticed my first bug as well though it didn't freeze on me or anything. :/

Have you got any sliders setting I can nick? Last year yours were brilliant!

As August draws to a close Fleetwood sit 21st in the Npower League 2 with 3 points having managed 3 draws and 2 draws in their opening 5 games.
We've been eliminated from the Capital One Cup following a 3-1 defeat at Liverpool.

Fixtures round up:
NPL2 = Npower League 2
COC= Capital One Cup

NPL2: Port Vale 1-1 Fleetwood
COC: Fleetwood 2-1 Oldham Athletic
NPL2: Fleetwood 0-2 Dagenham
NPL2: Wycombe 1-1 Fleetwood
NPL2: Rochdale 2-1 Fleetwood
NPL2: Fleetwood 2-2 Bristol Rovers
COC: Liverpool 3-1 Fleetwood

The fast player growth I've noticed has continued with these two examples

LB Milo 60/63 All stats have grown by 2 to 4
CM Azogue 63/64 most stats have grown by 1 or 2

And even serval players who have sat the reserves all this time has grown 2 or 3 overall..

Are the matches each feeling different? Was LFC a different beast entirely from typical league matches?

Manager mode with the mighty Borussia Dortmund on the way now with retail version!

Off to conquer Europe over the next few years!

I've already noticed my first bug as well though it didn't freeze on me or anything. :/

It's not a bug then is it mate then unless your been sarcastic lol.

Just had that old Pes moment in career mode Playing as forest on world class in career mode lost all my friendly and put out of the league cup to Brighton 1-0. no pace in the team so brought in Agbonlahor from Villa, played Brighton again in the first league game and getting him on the ball and running at defenders was how it felt in Pes when u started buyingbetter players with increased stats he has scored 3 in two games for me already

No point starting a proper CM you plan to play for a few seasons, pretty massive bug reported, all loaned out players aren't returning to their parent team at the end of the loan, eg Carroll is still at West Ham in the 2nd season etc.

In November with Newcastle, been offered the New Zealand job, been stalling them hoping for a better national team but gonna check what kind of players they have, also applied for the Arsenal job which has become available, waiting to hear back.

No point starting a proper CM you plan to play for a few seasons, pretty massive bug reported, all loaned out players aren't returning to their parent team at the end of the loan, eg Carroll is still at West Ham in the 2nd season etc.

So does tha mean I will be stuck at Port Vale wih my VP career?! :((

That is a major bug, hopefully they fix it soon.

The "Enquiry" option is already proving really useful, there was a news item about a young left back at Feyenoord who was a good prospect, I checked his stats and he looks decent, valued at £275k I enquired about him and they came back saying they'd accept £150k for him, bargain!

In November with Newcastle, been offered the New Zealand job, been stalling them hoping for a better national team but gonna check what kind of players they have, also applied for the Arsenal job which has become available, waiting to hear back.

Arsenal turned me down unsurprisingly, I decided to take the New Zealand job, I took it, saw I was bottom of the Asia qualifying group by 4 points and the other teams were India, Australia, Korea, fat chance! So I promptly resigned the next day! Fortunately Belgium came calling a fortnight later, really happy with that as they have some really nice young players I've never played with so be interesting to see what I can do with them!

Started career mode and played my 3 friendlies. 1st game a loss, 2nd and 3rd a win. The 3rd was a huge win though, as new transfer Falcao rocked their net 5 times in his first game! Damn he's a beast! My other signing is Tiote to strengthen midfield. 1st game in PL vs Southampton. Hope to smash 'em!

Do you know if this bug is in the retail game as well? I'm getting it tomorrow, but I do not have the possibility to download any patches that would fix this since I don't have xbox live or even a broadband worth the name...

I have no idea I'm afraid, it's unlikely anyone will know until they played a full season, you can download updates on your PC to a flashdrive and then install them to your 360 that way, when it comes time we can talk about it again, I assume you have some kind of internet as you're posting here, worst case I can post you the patch on a flashdrive :)

The "Enquiry" option is already proving really useful, there was a news item about a young left back at Feyenoord who was a good prospect, I checked his stats and he looks decent, valued at £275k I enquired about him and they came back saying they'd accept £150k for him, bargain!

Interesting... I used it once but didn't really see the value in the Enquiry option, but maybe I'll try it some more.

I'm still quite not sure what the point is but if it's possible that it can save you money, then I guess it's worthwhile to start with it.

Arsenal turned me down unsurprisingly, I decided to take the New Zealand job, I took it, saw I was bottom of the Asia qualifying group by 4 points and the other teams were India, Australia, Korea, fat chance! So I promptly resigned the next day! Fortunately Belgium came calling a fortnight later, really happy with that as they have some really nice young players I've never played with so be interesting to see what I can do with them!

Lucky you - Belgium is exactly who I'm hoping to get. With their current crop of young talent I think they're just about the most intriguing group of players to manage.

I'm almost contemplating starting out a CM and set my nationality to Belgium to better my chances!!

It's not a bug then is it mate then unless your been sarcastic lol.

It is a bug, it's just not a crash.

What happened is, I gave a bunch of players new contracts to tie them up long term. One of them however (Kevin Grosskreutz) turned out to be a problem.

Like many other players, he had 2 years remaining on his contract. But while I wanted to give those like Lewandowski 3 ADDITIONAL years (So they are on 5-year contracT) and did so, with Kevin I only wanted to EXTEND for 1-Year.

So I chose '1-year' as Additional year in contract screen and he accepted just like all other players.

The problem?

When I went to contract screen, I noticed everyone is now on the contracts they should be except Mr. Grosskreutz who is now on a ONE-year contract as opposed to the 3 he should be on. So it REDUCED his 2-year contract to one! And who knows what kind of crash might have happened if I continued with this game and that bug.

Tried the same thing with another player to see if choosing '1 additional' year is the problem, but Kehl my captain did extend his contract by 1 year only so now he's got 2 years left. Kevin Grosskreutz for some reason had that problem. So I rebooted the game and gave him 2 additional years and now it's all good since he's got 4 years remaining.

Damn, are you serious!? :MAD:

I've got the retail x360 version and have already started my serious CM Mode!

Has this been confirmed?

Someone took a look at the database and the loan return dates are set to end of 2014. Seems like something that would be fixed with a new database.

Are you playing with the default one or the latest squads?

I played with customized because I noticed even in the retail version, Hulk and Witsel were not at Zenit so I made those transfers before starting CM.

Someone took a look at the database and the loan return dates are set to end of 2014. Seems like something that would be fixed with a new database.

Are you playing with the default one or the latest squads?

Doh that's pretty dumb, guess they got a YTS in who's not used to operating a calendar ;) Hope it's fixed soon.

It is a bug, it's just not a crash.

What happened is, I gave a bunch of players new contracts to tie them up long term. One of them however (Kevin Grosskreutz) turned out to be a problem.

Like many other players, he had 2 years remaining on his contract. But while I wanted to give those like Lewandowski 3 ADDITIONAL years (So they are on 5-year contracT) and did so, with Kevin I only wanted to EXTEND for 1-Year.

So I chose '1-year' as Additional year in contract screen and he accepted just like all other players.

The problem?

When I went to contract screen, I noticed everyone is now on the contracts they should be except Mr. Grosskreutz who is now on a ONE-year contract as opposed to the 3 he should be on. So it REDUCED his 2-year contract to one! And who knows what kind of crash might have happened if I continued with this game and that bug.

Tried the same thing with another player to see if choosing '1 additional' year is the problem, but Kehl my captain did extend his contract by 1 year only so now he's got 2 years left. Kevin Grosskreutz for some reason had that problem. So I rebooted the game and gave him 2 additional years and now it's all good since he's got 4 years remaining.

Damn, are you serious!? :MAD:

I've got the retail x360 version and have already started my serious CM Mode!

Has this been confirmed?

Damn that bug sounds stupid, hope it's not going to be a recurrence of Fifa 10, or as the Chinese calendar called it "The year of the bug".

Well I haven't experienced it myself I read about it on the EA forums so wanted to report here just in case.

I have no idea I'm afraid, it's unlikely anyone will know until they played a full season, you can download updates on your PC to a flashdrive and then install them to your 360 that way, when it comes time we can talk about it again, I assume you have some kind of internet as you're posting here, worst case I can post you the patch on a flashdrive :)

You are too kind mate :) But yes I do have an internet connection. I guess worst case I can just bring it to a friends house and download it there. Let's hope we don't have to though ;)

You are too kind mate :) But yes I do have an internet connection. I guess worst case I can just bring it to a friends house and download it there. Let's hope we don't have to though ;)

Well you can just run your 360 through your PC/laptop's internet connection just long enough to download the latest update.

I 'think' it is fixed, but you have to begin the mode with latest squads.

Aha that's good news, still going to wait for the first title update before I start my proper CM probably :)

Back
Top Bottom