Fifa 13: Career Mode Discussions

Well you can just run your 360 through your PC/laptop's internet connection just long enough to download the latest update.

Aha that's good news, still going to wait for the first title update before I start my proper CM probably :)

The first update won't do anything for CM unless it is a catastrophic crash problem. It's usually the second that brings those fixes.

Good news about the VP in CM. So I didn't start my CM until now on PC, but I already played a number of Clubs matches with my Online VP. Now, I started my CM mode with Zenit and my VP shows up in Reserves of my team :) His stats are the base stats of my online VP without all the unlocks that I got from playing online.

So for those of you who care about this feature, go ahead and create your online VP and restart CM and see if you can find him in you reserves.

Can't wait to get home tonight and get more games on this.

After rejecting a move to Barcelona from Liverpool after only just starting my VP career, a week later I was offered to go to Aldershot on loan. I accepted, and balked at the new requirements!

Can't remember exactly off the top of my head but I need to create something like 56 goalscoring chances and score 10 goals ... something like that.

Anyway, first game comes and it's a friendly against Mjallby and I'm put into RCM. I ended up scoring a penalty and then scored in the 90th minute with a cracking left foot shot. I had a rating of 9.5 and my short passing seemed to play a big part in that. The teammate AI was superb and always seemed to find me when I made runs into space.

Also had the CPU foul me a few times during a match, though it's always for shirt pulling rather than poor tackles. Still, good to see.

Just saw a classy feature - before a match Chris Smalling told me that he wouldn't be signing an extension and would be running down his contract.

Match starts and the camera fixates on him during the team walk outs, and the commentators talk about he's 'unsettled' and they're surprised he's playing.

Nice touch.

Good news about the VP in CM. So I didn't start my CM until now on PC, but I already played a number of Clubs matches with my Online VP. Now, I started my CM mode with Zenit and my VP shows up in Reserves of my team :) His stats are the base stats of my online VP without all the unlocks that I got from playing online.

So for those of you who care about this feature, go ahead and create your online VP and restart CM and see if you can find him in you reserves.

What what what?

Can't wait to get home tonight and get more games on this.

After rejecting a move to Barcelona from Liverpool after only just starting my VP career, a week later I was offered to go to Aldershot on loan. I accepted, and balked at the new requirements!

Can't remember exactly off the top of my head but I need to create something like 56 goalscoring chances and score 10 goals ... something like that.

Anyway, first game comes and it's a friendly against Mjallby and I'm put into RCM. I ended up scoring a penalty and then scored in the 90th minute with a cracking left foot shot. I had a rating of 9.5 and my short passing seemed to play a big part in that. The teammate AI was superb and always seemed to find me when I made runs into space.

Also had the CPU foul me a few times during a match, though it's always for shirt pulling rather than poor tackles. Still, good to see.

AI is much improved imo i am enjoying life at Cheltenham on loan got my VP up to level 70 now improving all the time its great.

Got 12 goals only problem is my fitness i run out of stamina after one game so it means i am usually missing second game at moment.

I seen alot of injury aswell much more then i noticed on previous Fifa even i been injured out for 3 weeks.

What what what?

That's your VP with gameface etc? And the CM you started is that a player CM or a regular manager CM?

I haven't checked the face yet, but yeah it's the regular manager CM, not player one. Just had to restart my CM again, and he still shows up. The only thing his name is the nickname, not the full name of my VP, otherwise looks like it's my VP.

Just checked, the face is there :) The only thing there are no accomplishments, but I assume the normal player growth will still apply.

Last edited:
So I just play QPR in the league, Park for them ends the match with a rating of 6.9, Ba for me ends with 7.1 and Obi with 7.4, Park gets man of the match :RANT:

Well if they did the only playable team would be Sheffield Wednesday and we'd be fully licensed and this guy would be on the box cover:

PA-9975934.jpg

Ok, looks like if you don't delete the VP's gameface, the career mode will crash the game when you try to load it from a save (I assume it will freeze on consoles). Looks like it's a known issue though.

So I just play QPR in the league, Park for them ends the match with a rating of 6.9, Ba for me ends with 7.1 and Obi with 7.4, Park gets man of the match :RANT:

Had that yesterday as well.

Two of my players had an 8.1 rating but the guy who won it was from opposing team with a rating of 7.6

He did have a pretty good game.

Definitely save often and in multiple slots, seeing loads of reports of crashed in career mode, apparently selling youth players is very dangerous...

Despite loving PES13 I bought FIFA today (only went the shop for water!!) so looking forward to starting a CM tonight.

Early signs, reading this thread, are generally encouraging.

Has anyone picked up on players being booed yet?

There was a big push on the EA forums for Data Reviewers/Editors to suggest players who would be booed for the forseeable future so I'm just interested if any of my suggestions got in ;-p

Is that in the game? I certainly haven't heard any booing and I even started a Be a Pro mode with Luis Suarez! :P

Definitely save often and in multiple slots, seeing loads of reports of crashed in career mode, apparently selling youth players is very dangerous...

Good to know. Keep us updated with the latest news.

If they do release a patch soon that hopefully fixes these bugs, will we have to start a NEW CM mode? So far I've had no problems anyway.

Yes, in game PLF. Haha, Suarez was the first person I suggested!

I also said Nasri v Arsenal too but couldn't detect that on the demo.

I'm going to ask the producer who arranged that discussion if it was implement; I'll report back.

Back
Top Bottom