FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

Played a few games today with mates and it's completely transformed.

There are still some issues with the defending but when against a human it's a million times better in both attack and defence.

Good job I've never liked playing against the AI anyway and always just used to play against friends.

Is there anyway to ensure you don't play against people on Assisted settings online without playing full manual?

My current set up of manual through balls & manual lofted through balls and everything else semi is really quite enjoyable but I'm sick fed up playing against guys who are obviously on fully Assisted

Choose semi-assisted I think. That used to do exactly what you described in 11 so search for that.

Err no it's not related. You must have changed the settings in the attack control tab, you press RB/R1 to change to defense controls IIRC

I can't change the r2 button (contain) on defence without it changing the relevant button on the attack configuration.

All the other buttons can be changed on defence though without it automatically changing the same button on attack. Strange :(

I've got the uk 360 version

@Henrys Hand

I understand the difficulty of deciding which one to buy, but in short Pes2012 probably slightly edges it for me.

Fifa is still as fun as always when you`re online or playing mates, in fact its excellent bar some small issues.(slider changes are not active online btw)

And if your playing a world class difficulty career mode, with slightly tweaked sliders you`d probably enjoy that mode too, it looks and feel much better than last year or the one before that, or the one before that etc. Ultimate team is also quite addictive again.

But, theres always a but, for me personally this is just based on the Demo 2 of Pes2012 and Demo 1, where it truly matters the most, Fifa underwhelms quite a bit, that is the gameplay. As you can see im praising both games but Pes2012 just feels much more organic and much more rewarding, maybe not everybody but for me it does. Last time i played the PES2012 was around 2 weeks ago and i still remember what happened in that match (Stankovic screamer, top left hand corner from 30 yards)which ended 3:2 against Bayern Munich. I played manager mode 2 days ago on fifa 12 not only dont i remember who scored, i just didnt care.

Both are fantastic games but it really depends on what you want personally out of the games.

Like Online - probably FIFA (Pes looks fine here also)
Like Licensing - probably FIFA
Good Collision System - PES
Great individuallity - PES
Great Defensive System - PES
Graphics - again its objective
Sound - objective (Fifa is not as great as people make it out to be here)
Referee - PES by a mile this year (fouls are nearly non existent on FIFA if someone could clarify why that is id be thankful.
Goalkeepers: Fifa but its objective, do you want a super human goalie or one that tends to make mistakes most of the time(sliders seem to help on fifa and pes 2012 im not sure how much the patch has improved them, so this one is in limbo.
GAMEPLAY (the single most important category for any football fan) - Objective again, what do you like? Me im leaning towards PES 2012

Ps. I play FIFA on
Difficulty : Legendary
Assists : Manual

Pes2012 Demo 1 and 2
Difficulty: Top Player
Assists: Passing etc all 0
or off

i guess fouls are going to be fixed in the official patch, but what annoys me so much in this new fifa 12 is different position and zoom of tele camera which i prefer. now, every single game i have to pause the game in order to make new settings for camera, which annoys me pretty much.

the old system was much better imho, tele camera with same zoom and positioning on each stadium.

Seriously, if you can, get both this year. Both games are fantastic IMO. Both represent the best ever in their respective series.

both are good I had both last year.

I find single player mode on fifa boring compared to master league and AI not as good as PES. FIFA gampleay against cpu is also less dynamic compared to PES.

Online I was enjoying fifa 11 with mates more.

As for this year will it be the same?

FIFA- online
PES- offline

???????

Cant complain having 2 great footy games but I actually am lol..It was simpler when there only was PES and nothing else.

I already bought fifa 11 pc.

In fact I may end up going crazy and doing this

buy:

fifa 12 pc
fifa 12 ps3
PEs 2012 pc

Can anyone help me out? I uploaded 3 different video's last night from my replay theatre and I just viewed them on the website. They have the correct titles but all 3 video's are the same goal when they should be 3 different goals?

Also checked my "accomplishments" and it's showing 1 completed when I actually have 20 + arena accomplishments done in game. Any ideas? I'm online most of the time too so it should be in sync??

With TD turned on do you guys have any slider recommendations when it seems the AI insists on walking the ball into virtually the back of the net or always dribbling the ball until they are in the GK box before having a shot? Is there a way to make them take a couple of long shots every now and again?

I have also seen free kicks and a yellow card or two within a couple of CM games so it has been fun so far.

With TD turned on do you guys have any slider recommendations when it seems the AI insists on walking the ball into virtually the back of the net or always dribbling the ball until they are in the GK box before having a shot? Is there a way to make them take a couple of long shots every now and again?

I have also seen free kicks and a yellow card or two within a couple of CM games so it has been fun so far.

As far as i can see, after playing for nearly a week, thats the only problem with this game, the reluctance of the a.i to shoot from distance occasionally. It does happen, but not enough.

The only recommendation i can make mate is to boost shooting to 100 in custom tactics but leave everything else the same. I'd also tweak some players stats and up their long shooting, but i think its programmed with the individuality of players this year because i've seen players with long shooting traits, which im sure wernt there last year. These are traits and not the icon special skills.

Kaiserslauterns Tiffert has it but doesnt really take much of a pop at goal.

Is there anyone here who can pass this stuff on to EA?

In my opinion if shooting was fixed this game would be fairly untouchable.

Had a couple of nice things happen this morning;

1) Two players went up for a header, both collapsed and were down for ages!

2) I pumped a long ball up from the back bounced harmlessly in the other teams half, but I was chasing it. Defender came across but misjudged it - he made a desperate slide for it but missed and my player just jumped over him and was clean through from about 35 yards out. Took my time, finesse finish low in the corner as the keeper came out!

3) Did an awesome trick - played a lobbed ball out from the back using R2 to a wide area. Bounced once in front of my player (who had a defender right behind him). My player flicked it round the corner with the instep of his left foot on the volley and ran round the other side of the defender! Looked amazing.

That bit of skill above (and an awesome overhead kick by Adebayor) I've saved replays of. But when I go to upload them, it says I need an "Active Profile" to access that. When I go into Profiles, it says my profile is active and there are no options in there at all???

Anyone know what I can do with that?

Been playing like an absolute fucking wanker online today. Can't stop fucking losing.

Ditto. 7 games, 7 losses yesterday.
Really struggling to beat guys on all assisted settings.

Does anyone know if H2H Seasons is classed as ranked ie is TD always on? A lot of guys Ive played against seem to be able to disposess me very easily like they have TD switched off.

I just whacked someone online 5-0. Set to 4 star team only and semi assisted. He couldn't handle it at all. Must be a typical assisted Barcelona guy. My Newcastle outplayed him all over the tuckshop. Fantastic feeling man.

Does anyone know if H2H Seasons is classed as ranked ie is TD always on? A lot of guys Ive played against seem to be able to disposess me very easily like they have TD switched off.

The wankers are probably pressing select when defending to let the AI defend for them while they just control their keeper!

I have a question, has somebody an idea why i never use the sides of the pitch in this game...i'm playing with Genk and their star player is Kevin De Bruyne who is a SMF but sometimes could be seen as a winger...i barely use him in FIFA and if i do...i let him come inside as quick asap.

In PES i play on the wings all the time...since i've been playing PES a massive amount of time over the years, one should think that i would play FIFA like PES...after a week i realized that i don't...i always attack throug the centre...

Has anybody the same impression or is it just me? And would there be an explanation in the game itself?

I´m a Pes lover , but this year fifa is very close to reality and perfection. the "wow" thing has comeback for me

This game is so fucking frustrating. Its so easy to get a shot, attack is way too overpowered compared to defense. Thats not the way it should be, EA. FIFA 11 was great, but this FIFA 12 is a step to the wrong direction. Sad that PES is even worst, first time since PES3 I wont be playing any football game this year:SHOCK:

As far as i can see, after playing for nearly a week, thats the only problem with this game, the reluctance of the a.i to shoot from distance occasionally. It does happen, but not enough.

Just out of interest what difficulty do you play on? I've just moved up from Pro to World Class and though I'm still getting slapped silly by the AI, I'm kind of finding they shoot from distance less on World Class than on Pro. That said I still frequently concede from long range shots, well, not really far out, but from just outside the edge of the box. West Brom stuck two past me in fact the last time I played the game.

I'm so far really happy with World Class, I was expecting a kind of 'false' sense of difficulty where the AI would overpower you in tackles, play pinpoint passes etc but so far it's just tough in a footballing sense. The AI still hasn't tried to constantly attack down the wings as it did in FIFA11 and the FIFA12 demo, which is awesome, and I'm still being offered a decent amount of time on the ball too. The lack of AI pressuring like it was in 11 really makes this game so much more playable IMO.

I've also tried Placebo's tip of increasing the injury frequency to 80 with severity way down on 60. It's brilliant. In 3 games either myself or the AI had to sub off a player with a minor injury, much more like real life, and on other occasions players got clattered, and were sitting injured on the ground for ages. The player recovered, the ref called a drop ball, and the AI gave the ball back to me by hitting it down the pitch to my keeper. Love that.

Back to the long shot thing, maybe I'm just seeing more because my defending is still diabolicle. I'm giving far too much space in and around the box which encorages the AI to shoot.

Last edited:
I have a question, has somebody an idea why i never use the sides of the pitch in this game...i'm playing with Genk and their star player is Kevin De Bruyne who is a SMF but sometimes could be seen as a winger...i barely use him in FIFA and if i do...i let him come inside as quick asap.

In PES i play on the wings all the time...since i've been playing PES a massive amount of time over the years, one should think that i would play FIFA like PES...after a week i realized that i don't...i always attack throug the centre...

Has anybody the same impression or is it just me? And would there be an explanation in the game itself?
Perhaps you are more confident in dribbling and crossing in PES, whereas in FIFA you feel the need to protect the ball by looking infield for a teammate to pass to?

Or maybe the fullbacks in PES are more inclined to back off and allow you to advance up the wings, whereas the FIFA fullbacks might hold their ground more, causing you to look infield for the space?

Or perhaps the tendency of PES teams to congregate in the centre encourages you to use the space on the wings, whereas in FIFA maybe you find the defences more evenly spread and therefore locate space in the middle? When dribbling you sort of naturally seek space without thinking about it.

help and suggestions required if possible please.

i think i've somehow "broken" my fifa! :(

i've settled on world class as my difficulty level, i've played a full season on career mode and have really enjoyed the challenge the ai gives me.

yesterday i purchased the live season package and set about my first game as united against west brom. for some reason though the ai refuses to sprint, ie if i play a through ball the player under my control will sprint after it but the ai just jogs along and because of this my player always gets there first. regardless of whether the ai has possesion or not they it just refuses to sprint. i won the game 11-0.

i figured for some reason it must have defaulted the difficulty level to amateur. i then tried to have an exhibition match and set the difficulty to legendary, again though, the ai refuses to sprint.

i then deleted all the files relating to fifa 12 and the fifa 12 early release and started all over again hoping this would rectify the problem. unfortunately not though.

whichever game mode i now choose and whatever difficulty setting i choose the ai always seems to be on amateur level. i litterally spent all of yesterday evening trying to sort it but to no avail.

when i boot up the game i do get a message regarding "do i want to apply my server settings". i've clicked yes on this and the problem still persists, then i reboot and click no on the same question and again the problem persists.

does anyone have any suggestions because i was really enjoying this years edition up until me running into the above problem.

any help is much appreciated :)

ps i'm a uk xbox360 user

Last edited:
you sure the sliders are not set for the cpu incorrectly?

try going into settings and put the sliders back to default?

i've tried that pal, at first i thought that was the issue as i noticed the problem soon after i changed the cpu acceleration to 45. i then changed everything back to it's default setting but the problem is still there.

i'm confused as hell. i've got a feeling it's something to do with my saved "server settings", i've no idea where to find these though or whether it's even possible to change them manually?

I have this problem with fifa12 full game, when they are in-game players pass the ball away without me no press, you know what can be?

For example, in Arena mode is just the beginning... check it all ok, I do a bit of numbers and shooting... but when the goalkeeper lock... as soon as I pass the ball my players throws it away... and so it is while playing...

the joystick is the T-Mini Thrustmaster

Back
Top Bottom