FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

EA getting better and better... after relegating cheaters on H2Hthis week they are now patching the goalie shit....

"Two or three weeks from now the first patch will happen and that's going to make big corrections to some of the things that are bothering people the most," said Broad referring to the use of keepers in the Head to Head Season ranked online mode, which is being 'exploited' by players "not very good at defending," according to Broad.

They better not forget about career mode, players disappearing, youth players always classed as "recently signed" contract, too high player growth, inappropriate weather conditions are the top 4 found to be fixed.

EA getting better and better... after relegating cheaters on H2Hthis week they are now patching the goalie shit....

"Two or three weeks from now the first patch will happen and that's going to make big corrections to some of the things that are bothering people the most," said Broad referring to the use of keepers in the Head to Head Season ranked online mode, which is being 'exploited' by players "not very good at defending," according to Broad.

TFFT!!!!

Defending is frustrating. Even though I feel comfortable jockeying the opposition attackers, I seem to give away far too many harsh free-kicks just outside my area and most of the time that happens when I jockey the strikers and they go down after the faintest bit of contact. I don't even attempt to slide or standing tackle them and I'm still giving away free-kicks!

Plus, the defenders seem to turn far too slow when jockeying. There's been too many times where I've been turned easily by opposing attackers.

I have a little "problem" with my career mode. It seems i've forgotten how to set the wingers to swap their roles during a game. Can someone help and point out where from because i've been searching the team management screen for hours now.

Cheers

You can only swap wingers using the quick tactics on the d-pad during the match. So press up on the d-pad and then select swap wingers.

It seems Napoli is everybody's favourite club this year...i've played quite a few matches with that team.

Started a CM with Borrussia Monchengladbach however...

regarding the VP sharing on the xbox 360

i have been talking to EA

iminurbase Garreth Reeder
@
@PhilPatterson79 haven't seen any direct evidence yet. Once game is officially out we will be watching.
26 Sep Favorite Retweet Reply
»
Phil Patterson
PhilPatterson79 Phil Patterson
@
@iminurbase bankfotek.pl/image/1092028.… evidence
3 hours ago Favorite Reply Delete
»
Garreth Reeder
@
@PhilPatterson79 I'll look. Last time I looked it was a bug and he was actually 72 OVR
2 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply
»
Phil Patterson
@
@iminurbase thanks glad your looking in to it. i have actually seen some people using the downloaded VP's & it is easily done unfortunately
2 hours ago Favorite Reply Delete
»
Garreth Reeder
@
@PhilPatterson79 tough for us as they are not modding, but cracking MS save file sharing
14 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
»
Phil Patterson
@
@iminurbase you could inforce something such as a reporting option in the game, or work at encrypting the saved data?. even suspend people?
8 minutes ago Favorite Reply Delete
»
Garreth Reeder
@
@PhilPatterson79 data is encrypted. We can track mods. Problem is legit files that are shared.
5 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
in reply to ↑
Phil Patterson
@PhilPatterson79 Phil Patterson
@iminurbase legit files from someones game that they do mod with their own profile ID -regardless of anything they are modding & not earning

Very easy to modify Xbox saves these days, obviously many legitimate reasons to want to do it such as being able to share personal settings which have all stadia correctly named etc.

surely there is something EA can put in so the VP's aren't successfully shared like a unique ID for the gamertag, or is that wishful thinking

how many you guys put defendign back to fifa 11 mode?

I think this is why im struggling when I defend Ive got so many options in how to defend I end up messing up with old defending you either hold back, psuh in or double team thats it.

also can someone tell me this

If I play on manual passing I cant use the d-pad?

Is this correct?

Because with d-pad you cant do 360degree passing only 8 directions.

Can anyone get their virtual pros to look right? It looked perfect in 10 and 11, now this time around, no matter what I do to my skin tone before generating the face, it comes out on the 3D model online looking just right but when you upload it to the game itself, my player has bright pink legs, arms, face, and a brown neck. Looks weird.

I've even tried setting the skin tone to the darkest one possible before generating the face, and my player still comes out looking luminous pink all over. Clearly the skin tone option isn't working when you import it in game?

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but it's a long thread and I'm tired at 4am...

Is there any way of enforcing tactical defending in a friendly? I run a league on another site and we're about to start the first Fifa 12 season, but is there any way to stop people from switching to legacy defending?

Would using game lobbies or ingame leagues work? Online friendlies are unranked so people can use what they want.

:RANT:

Anyone tried the 2v2 rooms in match lobbies? Seems like every match is played at night? Not able to set day matches? I know head to head always resulted in day matches..

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but it's a long thread and I'm tired at 4am...

Is there any way of enforcing tactical defending in a friendly? I run a league on another site and we're about to start the first Fifa 12 season, but is there any way to stop people from switching to legacy defending?

Would using game lobbies or ingame leagues work? Online friendlies are unranked so people can use what they want.

:RANT:

Help the man out guys. If anybody is online today, have a look and offer some advice. I would but I'm not by my PS3 until tonight.

Surely somebody else in has some experience in playing in leagues.

Help the man out guys. If anybody is online today, have a look and offer some advice. I would but I'm not by my PS3 until tonight.

Surely somebody else in has some experience in playing in leagues.

Mornin PU6HY!

If you're on tonight I may enlist your services for 20 minutes or so to test some of these possible options out.

Oh. I personally couldn't care less about them tbh. Not important imo.
It's not that they are the hardest issue to fix. They would just add a lot to the atmosphere of the game instead of how dumb it looks right now.

It's not, I played against a guy who had a black VP, he had his game face or whatever so the face was black, but the skin was an orange/brown color. Stuck out a lot.

Oh well, I'll have to ignore the virtual pro this year, can't be bothered playing as my virtual pro if my player's arms and legs are bright pink and face bright white. Looks awful. Which is brilliant considering the skin tone options worked perfectly before this game.

I think it's a problem with the website, I tried an experiment when generating the face and selected the darkest tone possible, my game face still comes out white on the website (but at least normal looking) and yet still comes out almost luminous pink in-game. I've tried using different computers to generate the face, each one still has an error message saying something about asset inputs before letting me continue anyway.

I've even tried posting several help messages in the EA issues and bugs forum, but EA themselves are offering absolutely no customer support on this whatsoever. In fact, their issues and bugs official forum features almost no contact from EA members whatsoever, it's just full of people agreeing with bugs and wondering how to fix them.

So I guess virtual pro/game face is broken for this year then.

Back
Top Bottom