1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'FIFA' started by danyjr, 12 April 2011.

1. danyjr

danyjr Banned

23 July 2010
    Here we go go with the game's first screenshot featuring Real Madrid's Kaká:

[​IMG]

Last edited: 12 April 2011
  2. gameklip

gameklip footy klip maestro

25 August 2006
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Re: FIFA 12

2nd screen:

[​IMG]

3. Scorpio

Scorpio Proud member since 2002

2 November 2002
    Belgium
    Sporting Lokeren

First bug spotted! No shirt sponsor on the second picture...

4. Rob92

Rob92 Guest

I'm going to make a prediction that this game will me a buggy mess with shitty arcadey gameplay.

EA have a recent track record for this and I see no reason for it to change with FIFA 12.

Regarding the screenshots, they're nothing special...

5. romagnoli

romagnoli Misses Retri

7 August 2004

Just a FIFA 11 pic for comparison:

[​IMG]

I'm on my phone and grabbed this from google but it looks like it's from before 11 came out - at least that's what I was going for.

Last edited: 12 April 2011
  6. nikolapfc89

nikolapfc89 P.F.C

7 December 2008
    Novi Beograd
    Partizan Belgrade

@danyjr please put fu**ing spoiler or post like thumbnail when posting pics like this...

7. Northzzz

Northzzz Classified Information

26 March 2010
    Radlands
    MU

Can't wait. Just look at those graphics.

Graphics > Gameplay any day

8. _anderson

_anderson Retired Fanboy

31 May 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    F.C.Porto

Considering graphics looks pretty much the same as FIFA 2011, does that mean that gameplay is going to be great?

9. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Esmoriz, Portugal
    Sheffield Wednesday

Is the pic from Fifa 10, 11 or 12?.....

Absolutely meaningless pic and not remotely interesting, wake me up when they apologise for the horrific MM/CM of 10/11 and reveal the all new and improved 12's CM features.

10. brunnoce

brunnoce It's a Grand Old Team

29 July 2003
    Belo Horizonte, Brazil
    Cruzeiro/Everton

Dunno but the body model looks worse than Fifa10 imo, kaka is no way stocky as that.

11. romagnoli

romagnoli Misses Retri

7 August 2004
  12. danyjr

danyjr Banned

23 July 2010

I'm not really sure how EA can improve this generation of their FIFA series. Little adjustments can be done as it has been the case since FIFA 10, but no major overhauls to the formula. Unfortunately for me, FIFA has a very scripted gameplay with virtually no freedom, all the goals you score and concede look the same and there is no variety in gameplay. Not to mention how overly-physical the gameplay is as well as numerous offline mode bugs which fingers crossed are finally fixed after two years! I thought they would change body types and cartoony physics of the game but seems like they are here to stay. I will probably stick to PES for the time being, but only if Konami improve the buggy gameplay, switching system and collision detection. Oh and did I mention animations?

13. brunnoce

brunnoce It's a Grand Old Team

29 July 2003
    Belo Horizonte, Brazil
    Cruzeiro/Everton
  14. Honome

Honome The Hated Chatbox Murder

16 April 2003
    Brasil
    Fluminense

Those are not even ingame pictures, they are rendered to looks better. EA is just each day more ridiculous.

15. romagnoli

romagnoli Misses Retri

7 August 2004

I agree with you. It was my first thought too. I just wanted to post that pic of him with puffed out cheeks (and looking bigger than we would associate with Kaka, as a result of him being off for so long with injuries).

I guess, though, that the player's build is something they can change overnight if they wanted to. I seem to remember some of the earlier pics of player physiques during the FIFA 11 build-up looking slightly different to the final build. The main thing you can glean from these pics is the lighting - that's very unlikely to change. All we can do at the moment is tell EA that Kaka looks like he has Ronaldinho's preseason figure, and hope that this isn't representative of the size of players as a whole when the final game lands.

To be fair, how is that any different from any game in the past 5, 10 years?

16. Honome

Honome The Hated Chatbox Murder

16 April 2003
    Brasil
    Fluminense

That´s exactly the point, why the hell release one or two screenshots that tells nothing consistent about the game?

The reason is simple, is because some people still comments about it, comments about body shape, head shape and other useless things, that shows that players nowadays gives a shit about gameplay since the game looks good, and that´s exactly what EA gives them all, great looking games with pure shit gameplay.

17. daikirai

daikirai statement™

3 November 2003
    Santa Rosa, CA, USA
    Liverpool

The shot shows nothing new at all, last years kit, boots, ball, and textures? No new feature/ability/item can be picked out from this, and it very well may be a shot from 10. There is no action/atmosphere, anything. It's just a dude and a ball.

18. Lami

Lami Niche Football Staff

28 May 2007
    Sydney
    Man Utd, Vecchia Signora

Well companies do need to market their game so what do yous expect.. It doesn't have much effect on us but it works wonders on numerous others.

19. Scorpio

Scorpio Proud member since 2002

2 November 2002
    Belgium
    Sporting Lokeren

I think you're going to be asleep for a long, long time...

20. MadbaLL

MadbaLL Interista per sempre!

11 February 2008
    "Curva Nord"
    Inter Milan

let's just hope that they release fifa 12 on pc also (with all the features of console version).

that's all i care since i'm done with pes if they don't make a revolution this autumn.

21. _anderson

_anderson Retired Fanboy

31 May 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    F.C.Porto

I'm guessing FIFA 2012 for PC will be FIFA 2011 with roster and gui updates, just like FIFA 2011 was.

22. Gab_

Gab_ I agree

6 April 2009

I'm not so sure about that. You have to take in consideration that they stilled worked on porting the engine back then. They should be pretty much on level field now so I think there is a big chance of it being the same version.

23. wabak

wabak League 1

17 August 2010
    Scotland
    Manchester United

David Rutter, Line Producer for FIFA 12, promised a "revolutionary year for FIFA... especially in the gameplay department." Rutter wouldn't expand on what kind of revolution was coming.

24. Rob92

Rob92 Guest

Don't fall for his bullshit.

FIFA 11 was supposedly amazing according to him and his team, look how that turned out...

25. _anderson

_anderson Retired Fanboy

31 May 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    F.C.Porto

Tbh I think they do it on purpose. They have made it pretty clear in the past that PC players don't deserve the same treatment because of piracy. I doubt that porting the engine was hard, they just realized that porting it over would still mean more sells and cost less than updating ancient shit.

But knowing EA, they probably think like this: they wanna make sure that there's still a difference, otherwise people will have no reason to buy the game on the consoles if it's exactly the same on the PC and people happen to have a half decent PC that can run it. One way to do that is doing what they did last year.

Hope I'm all wrong, but I believe we'll have FIFA2011.2 on PC this year too.

26. gameklip

gameklip footy klip maestro

25 August 2006
    Tottenham Hotspur

:YAWN:

27. Gab_

Gab_ I agree

6 April 2009

This time he tells the truth! Just trust old Ruttski this time! Our minds will be blown away, you'll see... YOU'LL SEE!

28. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Golden Boot Winner

10 June 2003
    Ipswich, England
    Ipswich Town F.C.

Because he hasn't thought of it yet.

29. danyjr

danyjr Banned

23 July 2010

This Rutter guy is a waste. I met him last year in Germany and not only he didn't have a clue about football as a sport, he was a total arrogant d**k. Don't believe the hype, in the end it is going to be some eye candy stuff for little kids to make sure they force their mothers to buy FIFA 12 for them. Last year a lot of us hoped Personality+ and Pro-Passing would be a great addition, only to be disappointed later by how insignificant they both were. All flash, no substance.

30. Punzz

Punzz Purple Monkey Dishwasher

14 September 2003
    Liverpool, UK
    Liverpool FC

He sounds like Seabass with these statements