FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

The most important slider to me so far has been passing accuracy.... Sliders are a godsend.

Agree.

I've always found playing against the cpu in all previous FIFA games to be utterly unbearable, including the FIFA12 demo, but a couple of simple sliders - passing error and acceleration - allow us to rectify the implausibly accurate passing and instantaneous reactions of the cpu, transforming the playability.

Also, being able to slow down the game further using sliders gives you more time to appreciate what's going on and notice some of the cool features and animations.

The game still needs other sliders, such as cpu ball control and first touch (which is generally far too perfect, particularly in lower league players), and I'd wish they'd make the custom tactics sliders more effective (even on extreme settings, it's difficult to notice much difference in a teams general pattern of play). If they would make the custom tactic sliders as effective as the new sliders, it would be real progress.

If all this positivity keeps up for another week or two I'm going to have to get this game, the previous games usually fall apart within a month.

Hopefully by the time I pick it up, someone has made a superb slider set up that I can just steal without the need to find my own, lol.

Konami have (IMO) probably lost a few sales due to their release date in the UK, I wouldn't of got FIFA this year and was set on PES but with PES coming a whopping 15! days later as well as me going in for Surgery on my friggin hand on the 13th I caved and got FIFA and its rather good!

Wow, can't believe that the evo-web community is so pro-FIFA! Haven't felt this way since 08 - and at the time everyone was so right (loved that game).

Will definitely give it a go soon - can anyone post 'realistic' minimum PC requirements? As in - what you need to make it look properly good and smooth?

Wow, can't believe that the evo-web community is so pro-FIFA! Haven't felt this way since 08 - and at the time everyone was so right (loved that game).

Just wait two months and we´ll see who will still be pro-FIFA around here... :LOL:

Loving playing this online and against mates but against the CPU its absolutely atrocious, world class is too easy for me, legendary the CPU is quite unbelievable and thats not a compliment. Runs are not made at the appropriate moments or if they are, they arent in the right direction.

Am i playing this wrong or does the game just try to bore me to death. Adjusted Sliders and Tactics while it does help a little bit, its still extremely boring and repetetive. As i said lovely against friends and online but against the AI, oh dear oh dear.

P.s Career Mode- Benfica(Sold Aimar and Cordozo-Brought in youth)
Difficulty - Legendary
Games Played in League - 10
Position - 1st
Points total - 24
P-10 W-7 D-3 L-0

Career mode itself seems greatly improved this year.

You could always set the controls back to the default/alternative settings using LT or RT on your controller settings screen. Those won't get overwritten.

I should of been more clear. I ment the shhot assistance, cross etc.

Theres no way to put them back default.

Also, 2 of my freinds havent touched theres and there completly different :CONFUSE:

Will definitely give it a go soon - can anyone post 'realistic' minimum PC requirements? As in - what you need to make it look properly good and smooth?

Thing is you've got PES already so you've got "something" so If I was you I would personally wait a week or two even if opinions shift or not but It's worth a go if you feel PES isn't for you.

Loving playing this online and against mates but against the CPU its absolutely atrocious, world class is too easy for me, legendary the CPU is quite unbelievable and thats not a compliment. Runs are not made at the appropriate moments or if they are, they arent in the right direction.

Am i playing this wrong or does the game just try to bore me to death. Adjusted Sliders and Tactics while it does help a little bit, its still extremely boring and repetetive. As i said lovely against friends and online but against the AI, oh dear oh dear.

P.s Career Mode- Benfica(Sold Aimar and Cordozo-Brought in youth)
Difficulty - Legendary
Games Played in League - 10
Position - 1st
Points total - 24
P-10 W-7 D-3 L-0

Career mode itself seems greatly improved this year.

I'm starting to feel like an old man, playing a premier league (didn't want to jump straight into CM) with Liverpool on semi, and I can hardly win or score. 1 win, 3 draws and 3 losses so far (and that's after putting defending on legacy!).

Agree with Tik, its in no way easy this game. Put it on last night and wasnt feeling it. A bit more fine tuning and i have the pace that i think feels real.

Had a good few games last night after it, played as Man City against Fulham - its was a good game, Duff whipping in crosses for Zamora and Andy Johnson always a threat with his speed. Won it in the last few minutes with a deflected Nasri shot.

Then played as Blackburn, against Fulham again and lost 2-0. Blackburn were strong but slow at the back and struggled to cope with Fulhams fluid movement, Zamora got a glancing header and a bouncing half volley finish.

Then i played Blackpool v Brighton and it was a proper error strewn affair and lost 1-0.

You can really feel the difference between teams and the sliders just make it more real. Its fabulous.

I've also discovered that - unlike last year, custom tactics do now no longer work in the same way.

Lats year to get the cpu to shoot more i'd lower their passing right down and shooting right up in the chance creation categories, and then i'd edit one or two players in each team to have long shooting set to above 80.

Well that no longer works, in fact if you do that it makes the a.i play stupidly. So i guess what they have done is actually fixed it so it actually reflects real team play in conjunction with TD. Once i'd fixed Fulhams tactics back to something more real, 46 passing, 60 crossing but ramped up shooting to 100 (just to be sure they will have a pop) and they act incredibly real, crossing when necessary, teeing people up for shots and trying to mix it a bit.

My mistake was to immediately first time loading up, alter a teams custom tactics like Fifa 11 before playing when in truth i should have gave it a chance.

I'm finding certain aspects of the game really easy, which is a bit odd.

I'm playing full manual and i've just bumped it up to Legendary difficulty. I've started a career mode as a City fan. Probably a bad idea if i want a really hard game, but i'm a City fan so they were naturally my first choice.

Anyway, i'm finding it really easy to create really good chances. If i could actually finish using manual, i'd be winning every game 6-0.

Just finding it really easy to break through. I've set chance creation quite high using custom tactics so movement is really good.

Is there anything i can do with the sliders? I've even increased CPU marking to around 70. I might lower their run frequency so they don't throw too many men forward, but that in turn will lower their attacking threat. Great game in here somewhere though. Just trying to find a balance.

I'm playing full manual and i've just bumped it up to Legendary difficulty. I've started a career mode as a City fan. Probably a bad idea if i want a really hard game, but i'm a City fan so they were naturally my first choice.

Anyway, i'm finding it really easy to create really good chances. If i could actually finish using manual, i'd be winning every game 6-0.

Just finding it really easy to break through. I've set chance creation quite high using custom tactics so movement is really good.

Is there anything i can do with the sliders? I've even increased CPU marking to around 70. I might lower their run frequency so they don't throw too many men forward, but that in turn will lower their attacking threat. Great game in here somewhere though. Just trying to find a balance.

Might need to alter pass error and shot error sliders for yourself too. Also have a mess with line height, makes the computer harder to break down and more compact, if its too stretched youll find gaps. Ramping up marking to 75 usually helps too.

You must be pretty good!

Guys,

what Half Lenght are you playing on?
I am using 10min half on Legendary, and seem quite realistic, taken the shots, fouls and passess per game. However I find it very difficult to defend against the CPU using the Assissted controls. Is it easier to defend using manual controls ?

Thanks

Guys,

what Half Lenght are you playing on?
I am using 10min half on Legendary, and seem quite realistic, taken the shots, fouls and passess per game. However I find it very difficult to defend against the CPU using the Assissted controls. Is it easier to defend using manual controls ?

Thanks

Are you using tactical defending? Have you swapped the buttons around and remapped them? that usually helps.

Are you using tactical defending? Have you swapped the buttons around and remapped them? that usually helps.

Yeah I am using:
R1 - contain
X - tackle
square - teammate contain

Are you using the same? And what Half duration are you playing on?

Might need to alter pass error and shot error sliders for yourself too. Also have a mess with line height, makes the computer harder to break down and more compact, if its too stretched youll find gaps. Ramping up marking to 75 usually helps too.

You must be pretty good!

Well i reduced shot and pass error to 0 as i'm playing on full manual, so every mistake i make will be my own doing. It works for shooting, because i honestly miss about 3 or 4 really good chances per game. And if i'm not paying attention, i misplace passes aswell, so that's not the problem for me.

I think it's more down to how easy the computer is to play through, if you just apply a bit of patience.

Everything else is spot on really.

had the craziest game ever on career mode WC level full manual. I drew 5-5 against Tottenham. Went 2-0 down come back to 2-2 went 3-2 down come back to 3-3 went 5-3 down come back to 5-5. I have tweaked some sliders mainly my run sliders and full backs to 80 and also pushed my chance creation in tactics up to around 85. Ive seen Daniel Agger playing up in the opponents box. Obviously not the ideal set up as im conceding way too many but it shows the sliders and tactics have an impact.

I tried the button swapping thing but doesn't making "Contain" R1 make passing R1 also. Did for me so I left it, bit used to default now.

Yeah, you can change the buttons for defence and attack separately.

Re difficulty, I do have line height at 25 making the teams really compact so it's really hard to keep possesion in the final 3rd.

Sigh - the pressure whores have figured out their custom tactics to make it resemble FIFA 11. Brilliant.

I still cannot decide between PES 2012 and Fifa 12, although I could buy both of them right now. The demos of both on xbox360 left me unresolved, there were aspects I liked and disliked in both:

PES 2012:

Pro
+ CPU-AI is better than in Fifa 12, players making runs, feeling alive...
+ Tactics actually have meaning and consequences on the pitch, much more than in Fifa 12.
+ Gameplay feels more dynamic than in Fifa 12.
+ Individuality in players is awesome and way above what is present in Fifa12, and team-individuality could be awesome once the community worked out the tactical settings for every team.

So why then don't I just buy PES 2012 and ignore fifa 12?

It's because playing the demo of Fifa 12, for the first time since Fifa 8/9, I didn't have an outright bad (disgusting to be precise) feeling about the game, the players for one don't slide and glide on the pitch anymore, at least I don't sense it anymore. This was a major problem I had with Fifa 10 and Fifa 11... The new defense-mechanism got rid of the homing-in-tackling, so right there two major points I hated about Fifa are gone.

And the negative aspects of PES 2012 makes the decision not easier:

PES 2012:

Contra

- Graphics and animation-system (even though animation is fluid) feel outdated and outclassed compared to Fifa 12.
- Gameplay has more rails than Fifa 12.
- Some plays of the CPU feel too precise and unstoppable, a feeling that cheats are used sometimes.
- Manual shooting is missing.

Now I read that Fifa 12 has in the full game sliders to let us tailor the game to what we feel is realistic. I like that idea, although some aspects, like first touch and ball-control, which are in Fifa always too precise, don't have slider-options.

Like I said I just can't decide between the two...

This game is sublime with slider tweekage. Made the CPU passing error 60 to compliment me playing on semi passing and shooting (manual everything else). So good.

Loving the alternate team mate and swap team button. total time saver.

replays are LOOOONG now. Love it.

I have been playing online and come up against guys who pressure all game, fucking stupid, and making online shite!

Online is always gonna turn into gash with the overzealous kiddies on there. Thank god offline is wicked this year (imo).

You're just going to have to deal with the tragedy of your own club's success - City are awesome in this game!

Seriously though, play around with the CPU sliders more, especially the CPU defensive sliders. Check out some of nerf's posts.

Also, I find this game one hell of a challenge playing on World Class with a mixture of semi settings, so maybe you're just too good for the game if you're finding it easy on manual and Legendary!

Is there anyway to ensure you don't play against people on Assisted settings online without playing full manual?

My current set up of manual through balls & manual lofted through balls and everything else semi is really quite enjoyable but I'm sick fed up playing against guys who are obviously on fully Assisted

To the people who are complaining about online problems, opponents who play the game in a way which is not "appropriate", i can understand them up to a certain point...

You see, most people here want the game to be as much as possible like real football (i.e. the gamen being played like football).

Those people just want to win...and they do it in an unrealistic way, because the game lets them do it...they are not to blame the game is (no matter which game it is).

Back
Top Bottom