Fifa 12 Career Mode Discussions

Half a season without a single injury during a match. One 7-day training injury. Played on a mix of Professional and World Class (which shouldn't matter).

And I shouldn't need to adjust sliders to get a single injury. In my next CM - since my current CM save is corrupted - I'll ramp up the injury slider but for the sake of getting a feel for the game at default settings I've been trying to limit the use of sliders so far.

But I'm less concerned with injuries than I am with the impact of morale and especially form, since there aren't sliders for those. Has anyone else had their CMs impacted by both negative and positive form and morale?

It's fine that I'll be able to adjust the sliders so that injuries matter - although they should matter on default settings - but in half a season I had a handful of players with poor morale because of a lack of playing time, but never a player with positive morale, or negative or positive form (i.e. anything other than a half filled form bar in Team Management).

In a half season of play, that shouldn't be the case. Maybe I'll have a different experience in my next CM but I can't think of any reason why my first half season of CM wouldn't be a good sample of what to expect overall.

As far as form and morale :
form - for sure!
morale - to a lesser extent but yeah

Also got quite a few injuries, as others have. Injuries are spot on this year even with defaults!

This is definitely the best MM I've played ever. There are still lots of things to be done to make it more exciting but the foundation is now there. In FIFA 11 it was so boring that I had to play online mostly, now with the modes and AI improvements this mode is pure fun. Looks like Simon Humber knows what he's doing unlike that guy who was in charge before. Marcel Khun, if I remember correctly.

No - I am not experiencing that, Placebo ;)

Have you installed the game onto your HDD?

I haven't. Should I?

I'm not experiencing any lag or anything yet.

I guess so.

It's just odd that the game distinctly says that you can work your way up from a player to become a manager for the ultimate challenge or prize or something like that.

Yeah I agree. I guess what they meant and conveniently forgot to mention however is that you can only do that as a VP or a 'created' player and not a 'real' player.

Could you be more specific please?

Yeah, sorry I was typing this from my tablet from my bed before going to sleep, so it was kinda difficult to say too much.

Basically I've noticed that the better form your players have the better they play during games.

For example, one thing I bet most have noticed is that during pre-season games one of your players performs rather poorly - his passes go astray, shots go whizzing past the goal, tackles not strong enough, etc. Then before the season starts you get a message from the player apologizing about his recent form and saying that he had some personal issues and now everything's been cleared up and he'll give 100% if you put him in for the first game of the season. Usually I give the guy a chance and 2/3 times he's been like a different player.

For me it happened with Denisov, Kerzhakov, and Goodwillie. Denisov in the first season and Goodwillie in second season played a perfect game with the former being a beast playing in his usual DM after a poor pre-season performance and Goodwillie scoring a goal and setting up another one in a 2-2 tie against Spartak first game of the second season. Kerzhakov didn't really perform as well producing an average performance for which he later apologized saying that he might have been a bit too optimistic about his form.

These are just two specific examples that are easy to spot. Overall though, it's very noticeable that the higher the form of a player is, the better you can expect him to perform on the pitch. I've had to substitute Podolski for a lower rated striker just because of his poor form multiple times. I'd give him a chance and put him in the line up as a starter and then he'd miss a sitter. Finally I got pissed off and started playing him off the bench until he's improved.

Morale it seems is much more difficult to spot on the pitch. I'm not even sure it affects your player's performance at all. I'm convinced that the only thing it affects is your player demanding a transfer away from the club cause that's the only thing I've noticed so far it really affected. I've put in AMFs and STs with great form and piss-poor morale and they've played brilliantly, yet if you reverse the two (morale and form that is) you will usually get a poor or an average performance out of a player at best.

Just had something cool happen in MM, which happens regularly to clubs competing in the Champions League/Europa League. One of my matches has been rescheduled! That's a first time it happened to me, that's pretty cool :) I'm not sure if it was in FIFA 11 since I never played it enough, but it's a nice touch.

Yes it was in Fifa11, matches were rescheduled all the time because of cup fixture clashes.

Well from starting off impressed with the dynamic weather changes I am now officially in the camp of "we're pissed off the weather settings have been removed", I'm in November and all midweek matches but about two so far this season have been in daytime, really crappy :(

@RomilyBroad #Fifa12 love CM overall, but very disappointed midweek matches are day/sunny despite stadium having night setting, to be fixed?

@PompeyHumber #Fifa12 love CM overall, but very disappointed midweek matches are day/sunny despite stadium having night setting, to be fixd?

Copy and tweet them to death, make sure they get the message!

Last edited:
I started a CM as Real Madrid, just to tide me over while I edit the English teams (just signed a striker with pink EA fecking boots!) and to give me time to adjust to tactical defending.

Not got off to the best of starts, but that's to be expected ;)
Lost the Super Cup thingy to Barca, losing 3-1 at home (3 f**king penalties!), but with a respectable 2-2 draw away.

One thing that happened last night suprised me - Messi demanded a transfer a week before the window closes!

I've lost the opening league game as well, so expecting to be sacked soon. Pepe has apologised for his poor form, so I'll blame him for now.

For those that are interested, here are some of the big moves that have happened so far (I'll update it tonight as this is from memory):
Sneijder (£42m) & Cambiasso -> Man City
Szczesny turned down Malaga
Drogba -> Villarreal
Arsenal signed a big name defender, but forgotten who at the moment

I'll post this in the correct thread today as PLF pointed out I'd put it in the wrong one last night ;)

Default Re: FIFA 11 Career Mode Thread PS3/360
As others have confirmed handballs especially in the box are much improved, have had them turned onto full now or a while and only just had the first handball penalty, fortunately so for me in the 94th minuter at MK Dons who were winning 1-0, got me a last gasp point! Pissed myself when I went back to the menu as there was a news item from the week before, MK Dons manager complaining that the winning goal they conceded in their last match was clearly handball in his opinion!

Yes it was in Fifa11, matches were rescheduled all the time because of cup fixture clashes.

Well from starting off impressed with the dynamic weather changes I am now officially in the camp of "we're pissed off the weather settings have been removed", I'm in November and all midweek matches but about two so far this season have been in daytime, really crappy :(

@RomilyBroad #Fifa12 love CM overall, but very disappointed midweek matches are day/sunny despite stadium having night setting, to be fixed?

@PompeyHumber #Fifa12 love CM overall, but very disappointed midweek matches are day/sunny despite stadium having night setting, to be fixd?

Copy and tweet them to death, make sure they get the message!

Must be a bug - forget the stadium setting for now, but if it's mid week it should be a night game. How many day games have you seen mid week? People are at work arent they lol

The career started bad without scoring in the first 4 matches, but now I have 4 victories, but have only won 1-0. My defending is excellent, but I need to get to more chances - they'll come I expect. Only had one injury, a concussion during a match, but only for 2 weeks. Have not fiddled with sliders yet.

I have finished my first season and so far I am very pleased with the performance of the game this year. The CM has vastly improved with lots of depth that in combination with the tactical defending makes this game a huge milestone in the FIFA series.

Some notes that I would like to highlight:
- Tactical defending - a new concept that I enjoying lots. Defending is now a challenge that requires strategy.
- Manager conferences before match - I have found that when playing with low and very low rated young guns against big teams and giving a morale boost before the game makes wonders. Highly satisfying seeing your pool of talent perform.
- Ticker news: A great alternative to scouting is reading the news and signing in the players mentioned - I have been very impressed with the performance of the players despite the low stamina. Great balance between veterans and youngster players.
- Loan to buy option - Purchased my higher scorer of my team at the end of the season after growing 3 points. It was injured for 3 months and on the sideline for 1 month for precaution measures - the injury icon was replaced with the plaster icon for a month.
- Correlation of commentary + pitch action + club action - great stuff that unifies all the modules adding yet another layer of depth to the game.
- Transfer deadline - crazy stuff happens. Excellent addition. Transfer window milestone.
- Development of talent - it is great to see where each of your players is developing. The color scheme improves the visualitation of these areas.
- On the pitch action - quick throwins, injuries, crowd reactions, customising pace of the game, etc

Just posted this in the Gamechangers forum but figured I post it here too to see if others are having similar/dissimilar experiences:

About Morale and Form:

I feel that I have experienced a change of player performance depending of level of Morale and Form. I do rotate the XI squad a lot to avoid drops of morale and keeping the form - don't be scared of using low rated players. FIFA 12 seems to be benevolent with players that use their raw talent - i have tested this with players not recruited through scout but already existing in the team.

I have seen thath talking to the Press and boosting team morale especially affects younger players with GOOD prospects. I have experienced playing against Real Madrid and Barcelona with players rated 50-60 (World Class) and winning both games with superb performances by your GOOD prospects. Highly satisfying seen your CF rated 54 scoring a hat trick against a big team - World News followed up the event next day. However, I played the second leg of the season without boosting morale and no younger players and I lost both of them. The performance of the players was far better in those matches than any others.

I think that form affects the player a lot - at least what I have expereinced is that this is especially relevant for players between 25 and 29. I have seen that their growth increases exponentially only when used at maximum high stamina levels.

Nice to see players growing better, there's still issues though, Gary Madine at Sheffield Wednesday, starts the season at age 20, top scorer in League 1 for me with 18 goals by November, in the best form of the whole squad (7.0 and a steady green colour), hasn't risen a single point in attributes and I have older players who hardly play who've had a number of increases :(

Nice to see players growing better, there's still issues though, Gary Madine at Sheffield Wednesday, starts the season at age 20, top scorer in League 1 for me with 18 goals by November, in the best form of the whole squad (7.0 and a steady green colour), hasn't risen a single point in attributes and I have older players who hardly play who've had a number of increases :(

I have experienced an isolated similar case with a LM also 20 years old. None of his attributes has increased despite having good form and morale. However, other players with the same age have increased even when playing less. It is odd, very odd. I guess it may be related to the in game prospects for that player - that is, every player is predetermined to reach a threshold despite his performance. The boundaries of that threshold varies depending on the time it plays and performance. What I am going to try is checking his weak areas for clues in order to get him exposed to them when on the pitch.

Well, if he's the top-scorer, it sounds like he doesn't need to rise more :D Or maybe he needs a better team to flourish.

Players will plateau though Paul and not always continue to grow.

Look at Freddy Eastwood at Southend. Came to us an unknown and youngster (in real life this is!) was sensational for us in League 2 and League 1. Scored goals in the champ but didnt really push on. Since then, has done absolutely nothing at Wolves and Coventry and I can see him coming back down the leagues in the summer.

So his 'skill attributes' didnt just keep growing and growing - he's probably reached his peak and cannot grow any more. Thats how I see it - though I do take your point too!

Boo he must grow dammit, he's the Andy Carroll of league1 and I want to still be using him when I'm in the Prem!

Just drawn your lot Paul in the FA Cup, taking it uber seriously as I went out of the JPT and League cup in the first rounds, so rested my first team to destroy the Shrimpers, hopefully!

there's one thing that i found useful in 11 which seems that has dissapeared in 12. This is the search option by trait and searching by certain positions (e.g. CF). In this case need to search by ATT to find results and them sort by role.

I have found some issues in the transfers that may hinder a good CM down the line.

During the winter transfer window, I left unsolved business with 2 potential loaned players. Their respective clubs approved the loan to buy offer. The players accepted the salary but I left them in stall mode until the window closed.
At the end of the season before the transfer window initiates, I am asked whether I want to exercise my purchase right on those 2 players when they did not join my team and no salary was paid.

Also I am asked to exercise my purchase right of another played who this time, did play in the team. I accept but I do not have enough salary funds, so I reduce salary and player does not accept. Transfer news says that such player is not leaving his home club. Anyhow, I modify the budget allocation, search for that player and make an outright offer to his club matching the valuation of the game - which is a lot lower than the estipulated originally in the loan to buy agreement. Club does not accept such offer as he is part of starting squad. A day later, out of the blue, I receive an email accepting the offer and player joins the team.
- I have seen a worringly amount of young CPU players (< 25) with extremely high basic ratings in season 2 (95+) although average skill is in 70's.If development continues they may end up with 99 scores across the board. If last year there was no development, it is possible than this year we may find over development.

Has anyone experienced similar issues?

My Monaco CM fizzled out a few seasons in and now that I understand better how the mode and youth scouting works I've started a new career with West Ham. Have changed their default stadium to one closely resembling the Olympic Stadium and have set myself the ultimate aim of turning them into a Champions League superclub, with a heavy emphasis on restoring the academy and producing world class English players - excited to get going!

Am I the only one who always uses the name of the real manager of the club I'm doing a CM on? :)

Same here, I'm pretty much always Mr. Rafael Benitez.

A question for you guys (as I'm yet to recieve my FIFA 12 because I live deep in the woods)...
Can I create a team (crest, kit, players etc.) and insert it somehow into NP League 2 to use in Career mode?
Is that possible?

Has anyone had one of their loaned out players show in their stats as playing a single league match while on loan? I've loaned out maybe 30 players in total over 3 CMs (in fairness probably only half a season in total) but the most I've seen in the stats is one player playing 4 or 5 cup matches. What's the point of loaning them out if they grow exactly the same not getting matches in our reserves? I guess best use is it stops them being unhappy.

I'll check later but what I do know is I've already (5 matches into a season) seen one of my loaned out players grow +1 in attributes.

Am I the only one who always uses the name of the real manager of the club I'm doing a CM on? :)

Depends who I'm taking over. If it's West Ham, then no, I'm not gonna name myself Sam Fat Allardyce :P Am I? lol... especially since the way the team will play football will be very different and so it'd be even unrealistic for an Allardyce team to play that way.

But if I'm taking over Borussia Dortmund, let's say, then sure, I'm Jurgen Klopp and one of the world's most promising and youngest managers. :PIRATE: :P

No keeper injuries yet nope :(

Was wondering the same thing. I'll keep you guys posted as one of my keepers albeit my backup one who is not happy already about lack of games either (5-6 games into season), has 'injury prone' trait...

But if keepers don't get injured, it makes you wonder if you really need 3 keepers in the squad like they do in real life, either way I'm thinking of loaning out my 3rd choice young GK so he can get some play time and improve and if for some reason there are injuries, I can always 'recall' him from his loan even outside transfer windows.... problem is this idiot doesn't realize it and his morale is very poor (and thinks Management is poor!) because I'm trying to do him a favour and give him game time so he can improve instead of not even making my bench all season!

----------------------

In regards to Gary Madine, I was gonna say, yeah maybe he's already at his peak?! Some players do peak earlier after all. It'd be a shame but maybe that's the case or maybe he will improve a few points as you play on through more matches/seasons.... keep us posted.

Has anyone had one of their loaned out players show in their stats as playing a single league match while on loan? I've loaned out maybe 30 players in total over 3 CMs (in fairness probably only half a season in total) but the most I've seen in the stats is one player playing 4 or 5 cup matches. What's the point of loaning them out if they grow exactly the same not getting matches in our reserves? I guess best use is it stops them being unhappy.

Yes I have had a young goalkeeper loaned out for a full season and he played every match at that club. I even cancelled the loan in January when my first squad keeper got injured during training and was out for 3 months. :)

You need to be carefull though as to where you loan your player out too. I always stall first and then check the team in the transfer search window. When my player has better stats than the team that want him, it's a go!

Back
Top Bottom