Fifa 12 Career Mode Discussions

I persistantly save my team in a custom formation, never had a problem. What I have found does cause this issue, though, is when you save with a custom formation that is somewhat unusual in the amount of players in each 'sector'. For example last year I wanted to experiment with a 4-1-5 formation (don't laugh :p). I kept getting the 'no spaces left for this position' or whatever it is error when trying to move my players in the desired places, upon reloading, bam, same error as above.

Yeah, there's definitely something within the Edit Formation process that causes this, so not all Custom Formations are poisoned. But because you don't know which ones are corrupt until you reload (by which point it's too late), best to take the fail-safe option I think.

Last edited:
Well, not sure if this is the issue here but my CM save from Early Release was corrupted when I opened it in the full version. Had been playing UT all day so only noticed after my first post in this thread. Perhaps that is the issue here or?

I noticed that the game now creates autosaves in addition to manual saves so that might at least help us avoid this bug, if it happens load one of the older saves instead and it's possible to avoid it, hopefully...

Assuming you'll play as Blackburn? I didn't edit them after 22nd July unfortunately so if there's any stuff that needs fixing/tweaking please send me a list and I'll pass it on to EA :)

Thanks mate, Rovers stats are pretty good, especially Junior Hoillett and Martin Ollson who are now very very accurate. Real pity that you are no longer doing this.

Loving CM, it is far far superior to the FIFA 11 mode, although I haven't won a game in the first 5 (due to getting to grips with tactical defending) but I am very impressed. Will bash this over the next week and hope I continue to be this impressed.

I think La Liga and Serie A and maybe some other top leagues also use real fixtures.

Depends which of the 3 options you selected when starting this CM mode. If you only selected 'player' then you have to restart. If you selected Player/Manager (3rd option all the way on the right) then you don't have to. The silly thing about that 3rd option is that you can only use your VP in it and not a 'real' player.

So you can't go from player into player manager and then into a manager?
That's odd because the mode makes it sound like you can.

You can IF you selected the player/manager option which only allows you to start as a VP and not a 'real' player, when you started the mode and is all the way to the right.

You Can't IF you selected 'Player' Mode (all the way on the left option) when you started.

Hope that clears it up.

I guess so.

It's just odd that the game distinctly says that you can work your way up from a player to become a manager for the ultimate challenge or prize or something like that.

Re the CF's bug. 12 has imported all my 11 formations, will that screw stuff up? Or was that what PLF meant with his cache question?

I play only on Legendary difficulty. This year its quite tough to be honest. I was wondering what Half lenght are you using guys when playing CM?

So with the CM bug, if I was to leave the formation as default or a preset in the Squad Management screen on the main CM menu, but then change it to what I want prematch (so it doesn't save it, only uses it for that match) I should be fine?

I reckon I'll forget to change it manually otherwise before I save.

Photo%2030-09-2011%2020%2024%2025.jpg

Cannot believe this bug is still in the game :(

Any idea how to solve it? I don't particularly want to start a new MM if its just gonna happen again.

Happened to me just now. Players with no names, negative numbers for OVRs, and ALL my reserve players are GKs!

So with the CM bug, if I was to leave the formation as default or a preset in the Squad Management screen on the main CM menu, but then change it to what I want prematch (so it doesn't save it, only uses it for that match) I should be fine?

I reckon I'll forget to change it manually otherwise before I save.
Can't guarantee that it won't automatically change it in your Squad Management screen though. Sometimes in FIFA11 it would do that.

Does anyone know if 12's career mode correctly handles loan deals like that of Canales at Valencia? For example, he is on loan for two seasons and then Valencia have first option to buy for 12M Euros. I don't expect the price thing to be there, but if anyone has gone far enough, can you check if Canales is still at Mestalla after season 1.

Just posted this in the Gamechangers forum but figured I post it here too to see if others are having similar/dissimilar experiences:

Midway through my first season in CM and old problems are popping-up.

First, my CM squad file is corrupted and I'll need to start over now because, foolish me, I thought for sure this problem would've been history what with the massive (apparent) improvement CM is overall, so I didn't backup my saves. The fact that this year once again this mode-killing bug is still present is simply unacceptable. I was really enjoying that CM career too.

Second, the advertised big new additions of morale and form have so far proven disappointing for me, form being the most disappointing of the two. I played half a season and never was form a factor whatsoever. The form of all my players never varied much from a half-filled bar, so there was never a reason to take form into consideration when choosing my squad.

And I never had the opportunity to evaluate whether form actually mattered in matches because, again, my players never had either good or bad form. None of them. Ever. I assume this is connected to the match player ratings and that they rarely are actually poor or great - I'll score two goals in a match and still not break a 7 for example. Think what you will about the randomness of form in PES but at least it matters.

Morale has had a greater impact, although only with players who weren't happy with there playing time. I never had players with positive morale. The majority of my squad were half-filled bars while a handful were in the red because I wasn't playing them or I had listed them on the transfer list but they didn't leave. I gave one player who had poor morale a series of starts and yet his morale did not increase. Whether or not morale actually influenced anything in matches, I was unable to tell.

Then, like morale and form, and true to previous years, once again injuries were almost completely absent from my experience. In half a season I had one 7-day training injury and that's it - not a single injury occurred during a match. What is the point, I ask you, of advertising how great the new Impact Engine will be in finally providing realistic injuries when not a single one occurs??!! And I should note that while Injury Frequency began at the default settings, as the season wore on I moved the slider up to 65 with absolutely no change.

So, once again, most of the key features that are meant to promote squad rotation and a realistic squad management experience do not seem to have been implemented well. The only reason I've actually needed to rotate players has been because of fitness, and that only because of cup matches adding extra games per week; once I was out of the cup, fitness was not much of an issue.

As you can tell, feeling pretty let down by CM at the moment.

I've had TONS of injuries on default settings. Could it be you're on a low difficulty so the AI aren't pressing you as much and fouling when they get it wrong?

I love seeing two men leap for a header, clash heads and then one of them collapses down injured. Anyone know if it's possible to have both men ko'd?

How about elbow to face style injuries, does anyone know if they are they part of the game?

Started a CM with Racing Genk.
After three friendlies, i have 3 important players injured (i put both sliders concerning injuries to 60%). I've been watching my squad and you have notices about players. I have quite a few injury prone players. All players that were injured (or sick) IRL last season...so i this is pretty realistic i guess...(not that a player who has had one long injury is injury prone, but i understand that ultimate realism is not possible...this is good enough for me). I've enjoyed

Tested the sliders out to see about the injuries. Played a Dutch cup on pro to see a "real" example of how they work instead of just in friendlies. Put the frequency on 100 and severity on 75 and within the first half the opposition had to substitute 3 players, and I had to substitute 1. Second half I had to substitute another player. In the end there were 13 injuries in total (with a few being temporary). Turned it down to 75/65 and had a couple injuries in the next match. "Luckily" the AI hardly ever fouls otherwise the teams would be comprised of cripples within 25min!

Won the Dutch cup and the trophy celebrations are the same as last year. One thing they miss, which is really annoying imo, is the teams actually lifting the trophy! It's just a few celebrations, skyviews of confetti and fireworks and then the team in the centre circle with the trophy. They really need to add the team lifting the trophy with the crowd cheering rising as the captain is about to lift it. Would make it so much better!

Is it just me or an the ingame CM menus laggier for anyone else over the early release? Also seeing frame drop on goalkicks ingame :( 360 obviously.

Do the players actually improve in career mode and if so is it just the players in your squad or do all players for every team improve??

No injuries? Are you serious? We're all getting loads of injuries when we adjust the sliders.

Half a season without a single injury during a match. One 7-day training injury. Played on a mix of Professional and World Class (which shouldn't matter).

And I shouldn't need to adjust sliders to get a single injury. In my next CM - since my current CM save is corrupted - I'll ramp up the injury slider but for the sake of getting a feel for the game at default settings I've been trying to limit the use of sliders so far.

But I'm less concerned with injuries than I am with the impact of morale and especially form, since there aren't sliders for those. Has anyone else had their CMs impacted by both negative and positive form and morale?

It's fine that I'll be able to adjust the sliders so that injuries matter - although they should matter on default settings - but in half a season I had a handful of players with poor morale because of a lack of playing time, but never a player with positive morale, or negative or positive form (i.e. anything other than a half filled form bar in Team Management).

In a half season of play, that shouldn't be the case. Maybe I'll have a different experience in my next CM but I can't think of any reason why my first half season of CM wouldn't be a good sample of what to expect overall.

I am into October - And I have had 4 injuries!
Kjetil Wæhler gor a concusion in my last match - Out 2 weeks
Kayke got a sprained ancle in a match - Out for 2 weeks
Kenneth Emil Petersen broken foot during match - Out for 2 months

Sliders:
Injury Occurency - 60
Injury Severity - 70

I put both of them sliders up to 65 and already got several injuries after ten league games playing as Aalborg on World Class. Most were only out for a few days or weeks, but Takashi Usami which I borrowed from Bayern broke his ankle and will be out for the next three months. Those damn sliders are far from not working :(

:)

Back
Top Bottom