Fifa 12 Career Mode Discussions

So my return to FIFA 12 CM is here, with Bristol City, with not much to do these days just waiting for FIFA13 to come out!

Posts start from August 2012, I never really count the first July, seems pointless.

The only news worth mentioning from July is the additions of John Smith, Suciu, Oduamadi and Guberti all from the free agents.
Also the Kilkenny injury, out for 6 months with a broken tibia.

As always I like to keep my main squad small at 26 players, two players to represent each position and then one further player who can cover a range of positions in each area of the pitch.

To achieve this several players will find themselves leaving the club, already finalised from July are:

Transfers Out:

Player: Wilson
Position: CB
Club: Colchester
Fee: £500,000

Player: Ball
Position: LB
Club: Accrington Stanley
Fee: £80,000

Player: Taylor
Position: ST
Club: Doncaster Rovers
Fee: £450,000

Player: Bryan
Position: LM
Club: Macclesfield
Fee: £100,000

Player: Gerken
Position: GK
Club: Portsmouth
Fee: £350,000

So, as August is just a day away how will Bristol City cope with the season, the opener is on August 6th vs Birmingham City. We have been touted as relegation favourites by the press, but the added ability of Guberti could lift us above that expectation, though it's clear that at least 3 new players are needed to improve the club to at least mid table quality.

Thinking of starting up a new CM due to an absence from the game due to getting myself sorted for University and what not (didn't really need to say that but oh well).

But before I do so, I have a few questions maybe you guys could answer. Firstly, are there any teams you've had a particularly enjoyable CM with that you'd recommend for me? Secondly, are there any self imposed rules that you play with in order to increase realism e.g No players above OVR 75 to be signed for an EPL team unless they are playing European football. Finally, just of interest, what kind of tactics do you employ with your teams? Personally, I'm very much a possession player and ball retention is key until I can nail the key pass. But I am also fond of the idea with experimenting with wing play and the use of a target man, however I am very poor at winning headers so for my actual last question, do any of you have tips for me to become better at scoring headed goals?

Thinking of starting up a new CM due to an absence from the game due to getting myself sorted for University and what not (didn't really need to say that but oh well).

But before I do so, I have a few questions maybe you guys could answer. Firstly, are there any teams you've had a particularly enjoyable CM with that you'd recommend for me? Secondly, are there any self imposed rules that you play with in order to increase realism e.g No players above OVR 75 to be signed for an EPL team unless they are playing European football. Finally, just of interest, what kind of tactics do you employ with your teams? Personally, I'm very much a possession player and ball retention is key until I can nail the key pass. But I am also fond of the idea with experimenting with wing play and the use of a target man, however I am very poor at winning headers so for my actual last question, do any of you have tips for me to become better at scoring headed goals?

I always start at Npower League 2 clubs, and build from the bottom.
That way the self imposed rules are kind of laid out for you in that you can't sign anyone and everyone but have to spend wisely to improve.
Crewe Alexandra (I'm playing my career with them right now, in the premier league after only 4 seasons a excellent job if I don't say so myself) are a good club to start at with young players and some dead wood useful to sell and sign free agents.

I'm also a huge fan of possesion play, and tend to "pass the ball into the net" a lot of the time but am finding that during this season with Crewe (my first in the prem) I've had to cut down and start "parking the bus" to get points away from home, but like real life feel more confident pushing forward and looking for the goals also like real life.

My suggestion is taking a Npower League 2 team, it's excellent fun and also gets you thinking on how it's wise to spend your budget and if selling X player is a good idea to try and sign X player to improve or whether waiting and signing someone else is better.

So much fun..

For anyone interested in my Crewe CM (it's one I started.. Moths ago it seems) here is my Starting Eleven as it stands :

4-4-1-1( 2)

-------------------------------Begovic(80)
Chandler(75)----Goueleeuw(81)--Goncalo Brandão(73)---White(75)
Oduamadi(74)----Verratti(75)-----Henriksen(79)-------Raphael Martinho(77)
----------------------Powell(62)
----------------------Maxi Lopez(79)

FUCK! I've been robbed!
In this order on the Deadline Day News:

Official: Munoz loaned to Crewe Alexandra
Muniz signs for Wolverhampton Wanderers

AND THEY TOOK THE £50k I OFFERED OUT OF MY WAGE BUDGET! RAGE.
And to make it worse it is saying he's currently on loan at Wolves, of true they're loaning him an I'm paying the damn wage bill, I could cry.

Last edited:
I've decided to bank on having a CM with Rayo Vallecano as I've managed them on every Fifa since 09 and I'm fairly familiar with their players and their abilities. Furthermore, they have a reputation for being a yo-yo club between the Spanish 1st and 2nd division and after surviving one season in the league, I intend to try and make them a solid mid table side.

With a limiting budget of £800,000 initially I managed to increase my budget through selling dead weight and reducing my squad size and have bolstered my left wing and central midfield accordingly. Had a rough start with the friendlies, faced Stoke, Chelsea and AS Nancy. The results where 1-1, 0-2 and 2-1. Mixed bag.

Got off to a decent start with a point away at Mallorca via a late equaliser from my left sided midfielder Toledo.

Wounding news on the transfers mate, I'm not quite sure how that happened, but commiserations!

FUCK! I've been robbed!
In this order on the Deadline Day News:

Official: Munoz loaned to Crewe Alexandra
Muniz signs for Wolverhampton Wanderers

AND THEY TOOK THE £50k I OFFERED OUT OF MY WAGE BUDGET! RAGE.
And to make it worse it is saying he's currently on loan at Wolves, of true they're loaning him an I'm paying the damn wage bill, I could cry.

Same happened to me on fifa11 with Tim Krul. Just load a previous save.

Abandoned my CM with Rayo the camera angle in their home stadium is horrific and I find it very awkward to play on. Probably going to take a trip to France's second division and pick up a team from there.

What stadium do they use? I use tele zoomed out to the max which is fine for pretty much all stadiums except the one that Sunderland play in for some annoying reason, it doesn't zoom out so far so I always struggle playing them.

I use the same settings as you for the camera (kinda stalkery but I've read the entire tread and use your sliders/settings and they work a treat) so I presume it's the same the stadium that Sunderland play in.

Now I need to try and find another team to play a brief CM with before I get my hands on Fifa 13.

Well you could just assign them a new stadium? In a weird way I bet you're really looking forward to 13's CM now you actually get to challenge for a promotion? I would miss that if Wednesday ever end up back in the Prem! :)

Last edited:
I suppose but it'd be very tedious getting myself back to the point where I abandoned the CM. Y'know I was saying that to my brother yesterday, that the only actually 'upside' of Blackburn being relegated is that it'll make the Fifa 13 CM I'll roll with them a lot more interesting as I try to return the club to former glory.

I hear there'll be a special edition of Fifa13 sold in your club shop, has the club colours on the box and includes an exclusive BAC (Be a Chicken) mode ;)

Haha if only! Although I'd prefer it if they gave us some DLC that allowed us to beat the Venky's to death with a chicken. I'd certainly pay another £5-£10 for that.

Hey guys, I am new here, stumbled across this forum as i was trying to see if there was a way to update clubs after you have been playing CM. Eg: I am just finishing my 2nd Season with Liverpool(Have a champion's Cup final against Marseille now) But I wanted new players like sterling in my squad but unless i start a new career i am finding this difficult as you can't even transfer him in lol :)

(Thought id quickly add my Squad for the final)
Reina
Skrtel, Coates, Downing
Lennon, Alonso, Knighton(me), Kuyt
Villa, Rooney, Pacheco
(subs - Arbeloa, Enrique, Henderson, Khedira, Bellamy, Defoe & Doni)
I do want to shift out some i have bought and rebuy players that have left.

Last edited:
Update To Champion's Cup Final(May 26 2013)
Liverpool 4-0 Marseille (Kuyt, Pacheco, Kuty, Rooney)
Fair Few Blunders by Marseille's GK Gignac Nearly made it more.

End Of Season -
Won PL
Won FA Cup
Won League Cup
Won CHampion's Cup
(Player)Manager of the Month for May
Kuyt, Doni, Bellamy, Carragher want to leave lol
My Player Got Top Scorer with 43 goals

Stay as Player Manager or Venture elsewhere??

Offered To Stay as either Manager/Player Manager of Liverpool
Offered To Manage Tottenham
Offered To Manage Sporting Portugal
Offered To Manage Hamburg
Offered To Manage Bayer Leverkusen
Offered To Manage Lille
Hmmm or start a fresh new CM

Hmm ps3 froze, went back on to get different offers.
I am now Managing AC Milan

Last edited:
Should we continue this thread but rename it to FIFA 13 CM mode or start a new one Placebo?

You decide amigo.

I've got the game now as I think you do too and CM mode looks improved!

The SINGLE player CM mode is quite impressive on its own now. Started a career just for the heck of it with Luis Suarez! Nice to represent Uruguay as well as Liverpool.

Lot of nice INDIVIDUAL objectives both for season and 'upcoming matches' set by manager.

Lot of cool nice touches I can share with you guys for those who don't have the game yet.

Things like your manager saying I want you to score a minimum of 22 goals and make 7 assists throughout the season as I'm Liverpool's best rated player (86) and focal point of attack.

Injuries seem to be good too. I've played 4 games and in two of them, two players have gone out injured. Each for 4 weeks. One was Glen Johnson.

Skrtel was sold to Lyon but Liverpool picked up Robinho.

Back
Top Bottom