Fifa 12 Career Mode Discussions

You're full of good news Scorpio! :D

Are you playing a CM with your beloved Lokeren?

Yes I did but since I know the players like the back of my hand it wasn't really a challenge. I'm editor for the Belgian Pro League in the EA database so wanted to check how good I put my Sporting Lokeren in the game.

I've started a new Career Mode with Rotherham United in the npower League Two. Currently in 3rd position after four games. ;)

In regards to Gary Madine, I was gonna say, yeah maybe he's already at his peak?! Some players do peak earlier after all. It'd be a shame but maybe that's the case or maybe he will improve a few points as you play on through more matches/seasons.... keep us posted.

He shouldn't be, I edited him before I started the CM as he was way below what he should be (don't think he was edited after I stopped editing Wednesday June 22nd) he's default 63 and I edited him to 68 which is about right, certainly on real life form, as far as I remember his potential when I edited him was mid 70s or so, it could be that the game has decided he will peak later or such, will keep an eye out :)

Yes I have had a young goalkeeper loaned out for a full season and he played every match at that club. I even cancelled the loan in January when my first squad keeper got injured during training and was out for 3 months. :)

You need to be carefull though as to where you loan your player out too. I always stall first and then check the team in the transfer search window. When my player has better stats than the team that want him, it's a go!

Aha that's great news, yeah I will choose wisely who I let players sign on loan to from now on, I think part of the problem is I'm loaning out players around 45-55 which is probably pretty pointless because even L2 teams will have better players so they're not going to get any matches really, think best I keep hold of those "youth" players and see if I can squeeze in some first team experience somewhere myself as it does seem to be rewarded for them.

Went through this thread and added a few people who had their gamertag showing, kinda cool to see their results popping up in my CM menus, I assume anyone that has me sees my Sheffield Wednesday results show up as well? :)

Yes it was in Fifa11, matches were rescheduled all the time because of cup fixture clashes.

Well from starting off impressed with the dynamic weather changes I am now officially in the camp of "we're pissed off the weather settings have been removed", I'm in November and all midweek matches but about two so far this season have been in daytime, really crappy :(

@RomilyBroad #Fifa12 love CM overall, but very disappointed midweek matches are day/sunny despite stadium having night setting, to be fixed?

@PompeyHumber #Fifa12 love CM overall, but very disappointed midweek matches are day/sunny despite stadium having night setting, to be fixd?

Copy and tweet them to death, make sure they get the message!

Simon replied to my tweet so maybe there's some hope yet:

PompeyHumber Simon Humber
@Placebo_obecalP Give me an example. What stadia, what month, what kick off time?

Placebo_obecalP Paul R. Statham
@PompeyHumber Sep/Oct/Nov, evening kickoffs (2000) forest park stadium all "day" except about 4 (2 rain 2 night), Nov Sat matches also sunny

I haven't live in England for more than 7 years but I'm not remembering wrongly that 3pm Saturday matches even in October/November have the floodlights on and are essentially night matches right?

Was going to ask about that one as well! It would have been really useful if you could actually scroll through the whole team and see the last match for every player, right now it's essentially useless unless I'm missing something? It doesn't even seem to make sense in the order system, unless it's a mixture of overall + form to decide the top players from start to finish? ie an on form 78 ranks higher than an off form 80?

Finished my first season as a player and noticed that loaned out players all returned to their clubs at the start of the new season. So adebayor returned to man city for example.
It's always been an annoyance for me seeing them remain there or be sold the first week of the season. I love that they've worked the loans in from day one.

He shouldn't be, I edited him before I started the CM as he was way below what he should be (don't think he was edited after I stopped editing Wednesday June 22nd) he's default 63 and I edited him to 68 which is about right, certainly on real life form, as far as I remember his potential when I edited him was mid 70s or so, it could be that the game has decided he will peak later or such, will keep an eye out :)
I wonder if it's possible that an edited player doesn't grow in Career? Maybe overwrites his Potential or something? That's wild speculation on my part though, not really based on anything.

I haven't live in England for more than 7 years but I'm not remembering wrongly that 3pm Saturday matches even in October/November have the floodlights on and are essentially night matches right?
Daylight at KO, dark at FT. Personally I'd still class that as Day conditions, even if as you say the floodlights would probably be on. That would be a nice future addition I think, for weather/light to change during a match.

I wonder if it's possible that an edited player doesn't grow in Career? Maybe overwrites his Potential or something? That's wild speculation on my part though, not really based on anything.

I considered the same but I edited a few players before starting CM and the others have all grown to some extent I believe, it is possible though that editing a player does somehow interfere with his "natural" growth curve, I guess the answer would be to see what Madine default from 63 grows, maybe other people can keep an eye out on him in their career modes? :)

Enjoying game first season with Malaga playing on professional bought Robinho who was just immense scoring 53 goals in 39 apps.

Also got Coutinho on loan from Inter who done really well, i ended up finishing in 4th spot proper slog towards end but it was epic with some close finishes and late goal drama.

Second season been rather struggle so far 4 games in just got hammered 5-0 by Athletico Madrid. Im not sure what happened just when i thought i mastered tatical defending i really have not. I bought a few new players for this season Lucas Ocampos (River Plate) Coutinho, Henrique, Azpilicueta.

Hopefully can turn this season around but i enjoy the struggle i love how dynamic game is just dont know what to expect best fifa yet.

Seems Simon Humber is rather touchy on the whole weather front, bit of a snippy reply:

@PompeyHumber How come weather options were removed? EA forums are in uproar...
@Placebo_obecalP Show me a football management game where you control the weather.

So I couldn't resist:

@PompeyHumber Show me an English champions league match not played under floodlights ;)

Seems Simon Humber is rather touchy on the whole weather front, bit of a snippy reply:

@Placebo_obecalP Show me a football management game where you control the weather.

So I couldn't resist:

@PompeyHumber Show me an English champions league match not played under floodlights ;)

Hahaha! Right back at ya, Simon Humber ;) But in my CM I have had lots of night games - All my midweek games have been during night! So it's working fine for me..

So I couldn't resist:

To continue...

@Placebo_obecalP That's down to not having every lighting condition for every stadium.

@PompeyHumber yes of course, but when stadia does have night (ie Wednesday's default one) it should be night for midweek matches.

@Placebo_obecalP Early Oct, Johnstones Paint game at home, loaded dusk. It's a moot point whether it would be better set in data as night.

@PompeyHumber I wouldn't say moot, midweek matches should be night, as much to differentiate atmosphere from Saturday matches.

@PompeyHumber that said I'm now in Jan and had many day/dusk midweek in Late Oct/Nov/Dec, consensus is midweek should be night, sorry...

Obviously doubtful they'll do anything to fix it, caring only about fixing online as usual, maybe the answer is to pick a stadium that only has day/night/rain and not dusk as dusk for midweek matches is a poor choice anyways IMO, obviously not something they focus tested.

So in my new West Ham manager mode, I've changed the stadium to an Olympic Stadium lookalike generic one (55,000 capacity), and playing in the championship its usually about 2/3 full which is making it nice and atmospheric pretending that it's still under construction.

I'm hoping that in future seasons if I make premier league and champions league it will be packed out? That would be awesome.

That would be awesome but I don't know if capacity is programmed in the game to improve with the club's fortunes. What did you mean by your Monaco game fizzled out by the way? What happened?

p.s. I got Flamini in my team as well! Not as my captain though. :P And his face is so realistic! It's always great when the camera zooms in on him before or during the match.

p.p.s. How AWESOME is the commentary in this game guys?! I'm loving it! Great improvements this year on that! Much of what they say before, during the match in a CM Mode is so realistic and makes you feel you're really following a real season...

Paul, I'll keep an eye on Gary Madine for you but I get through seasons very slowly so doubt I'll be of much use. But I'll keep it in mind.

@Bingham, who finished 3rd in your 1st season in La Liga? and it's good you got that 4th CL place! Must be exciting for big money Malaga in CL now. Kinda like City!

That would be awesome but I don't know if capacity is programmed in the game to improve with the club's fortunes. What did you mean by your Monaco game fizzled out by the way? What happened?

p.s. I got Flamini in my team as well! Not as my captain though. :P And his face is so realistic! It's always great when the camera zooms in on him before or during the match.
[!

Oh well I won Ligue 2, then came 4th in League 1 in my second season, but the board didn't give me much cash at all, so I was forced to buy really random quirky players with generic faces that just never really clicked. And still hadn't really invested in the youth squad so felt in a bit of a rut. Plus as much as I loved playing as Monaco in football manager, many of the players I was fond of had been sold post relegation and so decided to move to the English Leagues where I have a better knowledge.

So far with West Ham who start with a pretty decent squad I've sold some deadwood and bought in Danny Simpson, Nathan Delfonso and Gabriel Agbonlahor (dramatically on deadline day after John Carew broke his ankle!). Now to gain promotion!

P.s. Yeah Flamini's face is awesome, I really think having a team full of modelled faces adds alot of enjoyment to the game

Just to round of the twitter conversation with Simon about the weather:

@PompeyHumber I wouldn't say moot, midweek matches should be night, as much to differentiate atmosphere from Saturday matches.

@Placebo_obecalP Yep that makes sense since midweek games are less frequent than weekend games, you want that floodlit experience.

@PompeyHumber exactly! Now the million dollar question, any chance this can be tweaked in an update for #Fifa12? :)

If I get an answer I'll post it here :)

Paul, I'll keep an eye on Gary Madine for you but I get through seasons very slowly so doubt I'll be of much use. But I'll keep it in mind.

Started CM with Real Madrid, 10min half, Legendary, Assissted Controls

Friendly: Real M - Fulham 3-2 (3-0 half time)
Frienfly: Bolton - Real M 1-6 (0-4 half time)
Friendly: Ream M - Chievo 3-0 (1-0 half time)

1st leg Spain Supercup: Real M - Barcelona 1-2 (1-1 half time)

I was very unlucky against Barca since the stats at the end of the game all in my favour, except possession. Today I will revenge at the Kamp Nou.

Oh well I won Ligue 2, then came 4th in League 1 in my second season, but the board didn't give me much cash at all, so I was forced to buy really random quirky players with generic faces that just never really clicked. And still hadn't really invested in the youth squad so felt in a bit of a rut. Plus as much as I loved playing as Monaco in football manager, many of the players I was fond of had been sold post relegation and so decided to move to the English Leagues where I have a better knowledge.

I see.

What kind of job offers did you get after season 1 and season 2? Do you remember? and was there only one offer at the end of each season or several? I imagine after your 4th place finish in Ligue 1, you must have gotten a couple decent offers to continue your CM elsewhere, nothing tempting then I suppose?

Great work Placebo!

Not a CM story, but seeing as I'm playing a league I thought I would share. Playing as Liverpool, and doing terribly, w2 d4 l4 I played utd at Anfield yesterday. Decent enough match for me and keeping up with them. Anyway, they go ahead 1-0 in the 1st half. I slog on but to no avail. 2nd half I manage to pick it up and bit and score an equaliser from a header from a corner. They go ahead again (can't remember how) and in the 88th minute I get a freekick (Suarez "fouled") on the edge of the D. Gerrard steps up with a decent effort, the ball dipping low over the wall in the corner...De Gea has it covered....well he gets to the ball with his hands but it deflects/fumbles off his hand into the goal! 2-2! Yes! And then in the 90th minute Rooney pops up to win the match 2-3! :(

A few matches later I playing Chelsea away and am doing better. Keeping possesion well and creating a few half chances. 69th min. Carroll gets the ball on the edge of the area and shows he has good feet for a big lad and turns past Terry and rifles a shot past Cech. A few minutes later Lampard get's on the end of the ball after some poor defending and slots the ball in. Then in injurytime Suarez does exactly the same as against Everton, letting the ball run past him just inside the area....Luiz is clumsy and goes through the back of him...PENALTY! Which Kuyt, just as against Everton, misses! 1-1 FT.

Just skimming through the EA forums and it seems there's some really major bugs with youth players in CM :(

http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/1053149.page#9830800

The youth system looks great... until you realise it's broken

Once your youth players enter your first team, you can not currently renew their contracts. At the end of the contract they leave and are deleted from the game. They also cannot be sold as they request extremely high wages from any team that looks to purchase them.

The contracts are more realistic, I like that... although they're broken too. If you cannot afford your star strikers 15,000 a week wage demands (I don't play in the top leagues ), let him leave, then pick him up for free on the first day of the window for just 5,000 a week for the next 4 years.

It's a lot of fun... but these issues will need to be patched... and I can't shake the feeling I'll need to start CM over when it happens

More information here: http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/1047225.page

Damn that doesn't sound good about youth players. :/

Hopefully they'll sort that out in a patch. Otherwise they're not worth the long-run investment! I just spend $11 million out of my budget to hire a top notch scout just to discover the great youth players for cheap and hopefully make me that money and much more so in near future from their proceeding sales. If that can't happen that sucks!

I've started a career with my beloved Ajax! I am in early 2nd season at the moment. I am really enjoying the new additions in CM.

I won the Dutch cup and Dutch Eredivisie, PSV ended up 2nd. Was pretty hard to win the Eredivisie as PSV was first for a long time due to me losing points too easily.

If you got the money, you should really try to buy C. Eriksen. Playing as a CAM with great dribbling skills growing 4 in overall in the first year! Also got the acrobatic personality. He should be pretty known to a lot of you.

I am trying to scout some new youth players and got a GK who could reach anything between 84-91.

I do forsee some troubles this year as I am playing midweek CL games and my squad aint that wide. Seeing that on the bright side it means I'd have to use more youth so they get better overalls more quickly.

Anyone else here playing in the Eredivisie?

Went through this thread and added a few people who had their gamertag showing, kinda cool to see their results popping up in my CM menus, I assume anyone that has me sees my Sheffield Wednesday results show up as well? :)

What does adding gamertag do? I might add you to see what this does...

@PompeyHumber exactly! Now the million dollar question, any chance this can be tweaked in an update for #Fifa12? :)

@Placebo_obecalP I have asked. It's data which makes it trickier. Let me see what can be done.

@PompeyHumber thanks Simon, hugely impressed with how much you've done to CM in 1 year, btw youth plyr contract have issues, know about it?

:)

I have found the post below in EA that relates to the comment I made yesterday in this forum with regards to the excesive growth I have seen in season #2 of CM.

Player Growth - 2nd Season
Sprint Speed & Acceleration on the CPU side is just plain stupid. There are 150+ players that have either Acceleration or Sprint Speed (and 120 that have both) over 95.

This is ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The reason I dislike this is that the fast players in my squad - Walcott, Miyaichi, Gervinho, Oxlade-Chamberlain have attributes that are average to good, so the pace is what makes them worth keeping in the squad. With the improved defending, where the opposition never seems to make a mistake and ALWAYS tracks back, there is no need for so many players to become speedsters. Even those that have average pace 70+ do quite well at keeping you in check. For them to be 80-85+ by the end of the season just turns FIFA 12 Career Mode into an Arcade game!!!!!!!

This needs to be balanced out.

The following list is for players with 95 or over in the following attributes. This needs to be balanced out and the growth in these areas needs to be slowed down:
Acceleration = 150+ players (Too many to list under search)
Sprint Speed = 150+ players (Too many to list under search)
Agility = 150+ players (Too many to list under search)

And maybe these too:
Balance = 149 players
Jumping = 116 players
Stamina = 149 players
Strength = 74 players

Where as this list is for players with 95 or over in the following attributes. This is miles more realistic:
Attack Position = 2 players
Vision = 4 players
Short Passing = 2 players

Player stats increase
As I thought nobody over 28 gets any better. Also from the evidence of the increases this season. It seems that a few players have hit their overall potential already. I have read that potential can be surpassed in FIFA 12 with a mixture of lots of playing time, good form etc but after just 2 seasons I cannot confirm whether this is true or not. I hope the last sentence is true as there are a couple of players I would like to push further, but overall stats aside, Diaby is actually a really top quality player and Frimpong who hasn't reached his potential yet is a beast!

For those of you who may be wondering what the potential of some of the players are, you will have to find out yourself as I do not want to spoil it for those who would rather not know.

Back
Top Bottom