Fifa 12 Career Mode Discussions

That sounds horrendous. It also sounds like a bug, rather than intentional. Physical stats shouldn't go up much at all, never mind rocket up like that. It's like someone put a decimal point in the wrong place :P

I figured the youth player contract issue was slightly more important than the growth so didn't raise it with Simon yet (focussing on weather firstly) maybe someone else would like to on his Twitter? :)

Yes Placebo for getting on at Simon about the weather !

It sounds like a minor detail but would make such a difference if it was to be fixed !

@PompeyHumber thanks Simon, hugely impressed with how much you've done to CM in 1 year, btw youth plyr contract have issues, know about it?

:)

Bit more:

@Placebo_obecalP Heard about it today, looking into it.

@PompeyHumber great news good 2 hear you're on the ball ;) guess you're also aware reports of too aggressive AI growth esp Speed/acc/agil?

@Placebo_obecalP Yeah known about that for a while.

@PompeyHumber Okies, fingers crossed now they allow a few CM fixes and not just fixes for Online/UT as in years gone by :)

You're doing a great job Paul!

Keep us posted.

The youth contract thing and the ridiculous growth thing (if true) are showstoppers!

The weather/day/night thing I can live with, personally don't care that much for it, it'd be nice to have it realistic as possible but it's not the end of the world but other fundamental things like that literally mess up the game! Hope they fix it.

So who is Pompeyhumber? because it sounds like you speaking? but I take it you are Placebo_obecalp?

EDIT: oh i get it....don't worry....I'll get my coat :COAT:

I'm later in my first season now after the January window and many more of the midweek matches are at night, many rainy and night which is a great atmosphere, also the pitches are really starting to show a lot of wear and the ball doesn't travel anything like it did a few months ago :)

Yes Placebo_obecalp is me Bobby ;)

I think I might start a CM as Newcastle. They're the perfect team for this. I'm crap at the game at the moment, so it would be realistic to struggle and even maybe be relegated, but as I hopefully improve it also wouldn't be unrealistic for the 'sleeping giant' to come good and challenge in Europe. Plus they have St James' Park stadium in the game :)

I hear you with about how difficult the game is. Well defensively in any case.I am going into a complete panic fest whenever the CPU brings the ball anywhere near my defenders.

Started first CM with Anderlecht. Got smashed 4-0 by Palermo in pre-season courtesy of some comedy defending by me. Beaten again by Hamburg and then scraped a 2-1 win at home to...Oldham. First 3 games of the actual season - 2 draws and a win. Defending is a really steep learning curve. You will get pummeled if you do not change your entire approach from previous FIFA's. I am really enjoying this...even if i am playing like my thumbs are made of jelly at the minute.

Really liking the new depth to the mode but i really hope these player growth issues, if they are confirmed, can be rectified. I only really play MM/CM and it would be a real blot on what otherwise has been a great experience in the short time i have had the game.

It seems to me like the growth engine does have some clear similarities with what was released in a misfiring mess last year. I don't think that the engine is as dynamic as it could be in terms of calculating growth. I notice that we can't edit player birth dates this year (well only for created players as far as i can see). Perhaps this is because the player growth arc is more 'fixed' for each player to develop according to a pre-set pattern that is to a greater degree determined by age plus overall starting point. When we muck around with the stats perhaps it delays the commencement of the players growth arc or ends up concentrating it in an unrealistically quick time frame. Just speculating of course as i have no idea about these things but EA has tended to go for the band aid option in previous years.

It seems to me like the growth engine does have some clear similarities with what was released in a misfiring mess last year. I don't think that the engine is as dynamic as it could be in terms of calculating growth. I notice that we can't edit player birth dates this year (well only for created players as far as i can see). Perhaps this is because the player growth arc is more 'fixed' for each player to develop according to a pre-set pattern that is to a greater degree determined by age plus overall starting point. When we muck around with the stats perhaps it delays the commencement of the players growth arc or ends up concentrating it in an unrealistically quick time frame. Just speculating of course as i have no idea about these things but EA has tended to go for the band aid option in previous years.

I think you could be right that the growth is somehow "baked in", I mentioned Gary Madine but the other player I edited quite a bit (up 3 or 4 points from default disk data) is Lewis Buxton and despite being 27 he's had an excellent season yet hasn't increased a single point.

I have had to tweak the speed to low as the amount of players with speed, agility, acceleration plus other attributes with 95+ is insane. I hate to say this, but season 1 was excellent, subsequent seasons are a pile of rubbish under my experience, it is not fun playing with at least 10 ronaldos on the pitch. The CM has turned into an arcade experience highly surreal for my liking. This is for me a Huge Dissapointment after a bright start - considering looking into PES2011 in more detail.

I've raised my injury setting sliders significantly now as I don't feel there are enough injuries on the previous 80 for occurrence, I'm now trialling 95/95 for occurrence and 50/60 for severity with the AI having severity slightly higher as they don't seem to be getting enough injuries anyways, what I'm hoping to end up with is something like 3-4 players injured at any one time and at least one of them being long term (2 months or more) I think that's a reasonably accurate reflection of what teams usually go through, scrolling through the injury list for the AI teams they probably average something like 1.5 injured players per team with a good mix of longer and medium term injuries in there.

So far this season I've had I think 3 long term injuries (2x3 months and 1x2 months) and about 5 or 6 shorter term (3-14 days) all but 2 injuries were during a match and 1 of the long term injuries was a training one.

Injuries seem pretty hit or miss. In my second CM I've had to turn down the slider to 60 from 70 because my squad was being decimated. It was already a small squad, I had three players out injured, no youth to promote, and then I lost three key players to long term injuries in a single match!

Injuries in my experience come infrequently but in bunches. The feature is all over the place.

I've had two long term injuries in one game! Luckily for me it were reserve players for a midweek match. One was 7 months the other 4 months. Played about five matches after that game and haven't had an injury since. Still not sure what the best settings are, mine are 80/90 for frequenty and 65/65 for severity.

playin as virtual player, i`m injured all the time, now 8 weeks out with a torn calf, hahah, dont know what to do with it, every match there is a minor injury, i guess this torn calf is the accumulation of those injuries.

First Bundesliga match with Borrussia Monchengladbach in the Allianz Arena against Bayern Munchen...won 0-1, goal by De Camargo!

Just like irl...sweet.
Commentary is fantastic, my DMF had an injury and could play but it was a risk, they mentioned that in the commentary.

My season has been a disappointment so far, I picked Santos for a career mode but swapped it with an english team in the 2nd division. my goal was as follows.

1.Get promoted to the Barclay's premier
2.Develop Neymar & Ganso

and than have a team to compete in the champions and win the barclays. Its a hard task but I like challenges!!!:RANT:

Neymar & Ganso demanded a trade and I didnt take any trades but the team's management traded them anyways.

wow I just got promoted to the premier but without my 2 top players and the only reason I started playing with them.

but yea it sucks but it was a lil funny

Last edited:
Trying to bring back the glory days for Gladbach huh Gerd? ;)

I thought about starting a CM with them as well.

Marco Reus is my fav plyer there in real life in that team and pretty good in the game as well. Have you seen much of him in real life? The guy is fast, good dribbler, determined, good shooter and plays with a lot of heart! and still only like 22 but already quite accomplished and capped for Germany.

And yeah the commentary is freaking sweet!!

Adelaide United had a young striker (Matthew Leckie) signed up to Gladbach this year. has played a couple of 10 minute patches off the bench. Hopefully he comes on in leaps and bounds and really develops well.

Personally I never read such things or look at people's lists of suggested players, I like to discover my own gems :)

That list is pretty accurate it comes from the fifa makers themeselves. I wish I havent found it since I find myself looking at it everytime I buy a player

The youth system looks great... until you realise it's broken

Once your youth players enter your first team, you can not currently renew their contracts. At the end of the contract they leave and are deleted from the game. They also cannot be sold as they request extremely high wages from any team that looks to purchase them.

More information here: http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/1047225.page

I'd read this earlier bug report so when I had my own scouted pro on his first contract I went and checked his status, and a couple of weeks after signing he no longer has "contract accepted" and I can already offer to renew his contract if I want, he's already on a 5 year contract so obviously I don't want to at this point, I guess for testing purposes I can save and try to make him sign on for another 5 years or such :)

So far this season I've had I think 3 long term injuries (2x3 months and 1x2 months) and about 5 or 6 shorter term (3-14 days) all but 2 injuries were during a match and 1 of the long term injuries was a training one.

I'm only 7 league games into my Madrid CM, and have picked up 3 injuries in the last 2 games (after fiddling with the sliders).

Marcelo is out for 7 months with an ACL injury.
In one match Benzema landed awkwardly. He jogged around holding his shoulder til half time (about 20 game minutes), and is out for 3 weeks.
After that match, Casillas (a GK for those who live in a cave ;) ) picked up a 10 day injury in training.

Something hilarious happened last night, I promoted a youth player (defender) to the senior squad to find out that he was wearing track bottoms instead of shorts.

It seems that he was going for GK to find out that his real virtue was defending. However, he forgot to change his attire. :FAIL:

I've raised my injury setting sliders significantly now as I don't feel there are enough injuries on the previous 80 for occurrence, I'm now trialling 95/95 for occurrence and 50/60 for severity with the AI having severity slightly higher as they don't seem to be getting enough injuries anyways, what I'm hoping to end up with is something like 3-4 players injured at any one time and at least one of them being long term (2 months or more) I think that's a reasonably accurate reflection of what teams usually go through, scrolling through the injury list for the AI teams they probably average something like 1.5 injured players per team with a good mix of longer and medium term injuries in there.

just piping in here so we can get some feel for injuries. i followed placebo went with 80/70 (actually both hum and cpu).

Results Arsenal Year One (November)
Song broken ribs out 3 months (in game after a few collisions)
V5 out six weeks with training injury
Wilshire out 1 week with dead leg

the only qualitative thing to add is that with song i play incredibly physical defensively. there might indeed be a correlation between how physical you play on the pitch, injury location, and injury rating.

i have not seen anyone "pull up" with a non contact injury yet.

i have not seen anyone "pull up" with a non contact injury yet.

Same, looking forward to it though! But I must admit I have a fast winger with the injury prone trait and I always have it in the back of my mind so try not to make him sprint into the red or do too much when he's tired, kinda cool having to think like that :)

Back
Top Bottom