Fifa 12 Career Mode Discussions

Sorry I said Tom lol... it's Ted right? :P

How do I clear that cache thing in case I need to.

p.s. Good post Max. That's true. Lots of individuality there especially at higher levels. Would still like to see more 'differentiation' between players in leagues like Denmark or 2nd Bundesliga but it's already decent.

If you play your youth players in cup competition, do your first teamers acknowledge this, or do they get pissed off that they have been dropped?

Also when you players need a rest and you rest them, do they react like they have been dropped? or does it not get mentioned?

Has anyone else had the problem where when you loan a player from another club you don't get the wage budget back when they leave? Same as last year! So fuckin annoying.

To clear your Xbox cache you go into Memory. One of those options from the tabs on the far right I think. then you press Y for device options and it has an option for cache and you clear it. Should take a couple of seconds.

I have AWESOME news! Almost the best news ever for MM/CM addicts like myself!

Ok so one thing we always wanted, to be able to loan players that aren't listed for loan, previously we couldn't because the only option was loan/sale for players listed that way, EA said it was in this year right we can loan non loan-listed players, so the question is, can it really be true? I did a test just now:

Transfer search
Attackers
Min Ovr 70
Max Ovr 80
Transfer Status none
Max age 24

I ran this search through individual leagues EPL/Serie A, Bundesliga, La Liga and Rest of the world.

Of the results that came back I loan bid on every single one, excluding those already on loan and thus I wasn't allowed to bid it ended up being 82 players (of those a very large portion had the "just moved club" status so never were going to happen.

I clicked advance and waited with baited breath, ok well not quite, dangerous to hold my breath at my age ;)

And the results were:

79 said no (booooo)

3 said yes!

Lukaku Chelsea Ovr 78
Macheda Man Utd Ovr 73
Castaignos Inter Ovr 71?

I signed the last two but skipped Lukaku as his wages were too high (I've started a new CM as Newcastle).

So I'm very happy with this, maybe as it moves further into the transfer window (currently first week) more teams would have said yes.

I went and checked again to make sure and those three weren't listed for loan :)
Thanks, Placebo
First for alerting me to this forum...so much better than the FIFA forum.
Second for the "loan to buy" option. I'm playing with Spurs, and need CB's (surprise!). I searched for 80 -100 CB's with age 17-23, sent a loan to buy for each one. Got three positive responses ...and loaned 2.

Thanks again!

If you play your youth players in cup competition, do your first teamers acknowledge this, or do they get pissed off that they have been dropped?

Also when you players need a rest and you rest them, do they react like they have been dropped? or does it not get mentioned?

I haven't had any complaints so far for playing a second string in lesser cups so far. Unfortunately an old silly bug cropped up last night, Davide Santon is my first choice LB and he's played the first 3 league matches, I rest him for the cup game and the assistant emails me to say "I noticed that Santon isn't getting a look in, with his high potential you should consider loaning him out if he's not playing matches", annoying and silly but fortunately not game breaking.

Thanks, Placebo
First for alerting me to this forum...so much better than the FIFA forum.
Second for the "loan to buy" option. I'm playing with Spurs, and need CB's (surprise!). I searched for 80 -100 CB's with age 17-23, sent a loan to buy for each one. Got three positive responses ...and loaned 2.

Thanks again!

Yeah it's a much better place here to discuss Fifa (and other games) no kids like the EA forums, welcome! :)

Has anyone else had the problem where when you loan a player from another club you don't get the wage budget back when they leave? Same as last year! So fuckin annoying.

When I'm next on I'll specifically look at my wage budget then cancel a couple of the loans to see if I get the money back.

Just read this whole thread, thanks for all the contributions, especially you Placebo. My copy should arrive today so am now really looking forward to getting stuck into CM.

Just read this whole thread, thanks for all the contributions, especially you Placebo. My copy should arrive today so am now really looking forward to getting stuck into CM.

Assuming you'll play as Blackburn? I didn't edit them after 22nd July unfortunately so if there's any stuff that needs fixing/tweaking please send me a list and I'll pass it on to EA :)

I believe that they only have the official fixtures for the EPL as lower leagues also use generic fixtures. The shirt name thing is weird, if you can send me a pic ingame showing it as wrong and real life showing how it is I'll see what I can do :)

Playing as QPR. The pre-season ended with two 1-1 draws and a 2-1 win. I have sold some fringe players and loaned out youngsters.
I have taken Aaron Ramsey (Arsenal) and Alexandre Lacazette (Lyon) on loan. The only money transfer has been Timothée Kolodziejczak (Lyon) as cover for LB and LM. About to play the first league game of the season at home to Bolton.

I believe that they only have the official fixtures for the EPL as lower leagues also use generic fixtures. The shirt name thing is weird, if you can send me a pic ingame showing it as wrong and real life showing how it is I'll see what I can do :)

Ok I will try. Otherwise just load up an exhibition game with any of the Australian A-League teams and you will see it. Shouldn't be a licensing issue as the league and player names are in there?

Actually a quick question - I started off as a player only. Do I get the option of becoming a player manager and then manager. The startup screen sounded like I do or do I have to start new careers?

Jesus defending is hard! I'm conceding 3 goals per game... It just frustrates me that the CPU attackers seem to know exactly when I'll press tackle and then change direction.

I somehow feel defending is a lot harder in CM compared to random single games.

hey placebo,

just regarding the weather issue, when you go further on into the winter months, will the game be a night kick-off if thats when it is schedueled for ?

Also, my home page on career mode is laggy at times, is this my ps3 being too hot or just because the game has so much information ?

One last thing, there seems to be a few glitches such as when i clicked on other leagues, my league had apparently already played a game when we hadnt even started the season ?

Be much appreciated if i could get a reply :)

Thankyou, Ryan.

hey placebo,

just regarding the weather issue, when you go further on into the winter months, will the game be a night kick-off if thats when it is schedueled for ?

I'm not quite with you there I'm afraid?

In my Newcastle CM I played the Qpr v Newcastle match (IIRC it was on the 14th September) and it was already a night match :)

I believe that they only have the official fixtures for the EPL as lower leagues also use generic fixtures.

I think La Liga and Serie A and maybe some other top leagues also use real fixtures.

Actually a quick question - I started off as a player only. Do I get the option of becoming a player manager and then manager. The startup screen sounded like I do or do I have to start new careers?

Depends which of the 3 options you selected when starting this CM mode. If you only selected 'player' then you have to restart. If you selected Player/Manager (3rd option all the way on the right) then you don't have to. The silly thing about that 3rd option is that you can only use your VP in it and not a 'real' player.

Jesus defending is hard! I'm conceding 3 goals per game... It just frustrates me that the CPU attackers seem to know exactly when I'll press tackle and then change direction.

I somehow feel defending is a lot harder in CM compared to random single games.

Start using the contain button more, it helps alot.. Also lay off the sprint button unless you know your going to win the ball. Just jockey the player and maybe even double up on him if need be. The AI will make mistakes if you dont go diving in everytime. I know its tough but Fifa 12 is a whole new different ball game!

I'm not quite with you there I'm afraid?

In my Newcastle CM I played the Qpr v Newcastle match (IIRC it was on the 14th September) and it was already a night match :)

Haha sorry i didnt think that sounded right when i sent it,

Basically just asking whether or not the weather will be correct, because i played a game that kicked off at 8:00pm and it was played in the day(this was in august), if however i played an 8:00pm game in november for example, would if be played at night ?

Start using the contain button more, it helps alot.. Also lay off the sprint button unless you know your going to win the ball. Just jockey the player and maybe even double up on him if need be. The AI will make mistakes if you dont go diving in everytime. I know its tough but Fifa 12 is a whole new different ball game!

Yes I guess it will take some time getting used to. Right now almost every goal they score is from one of their strikers using precision dribble and zig zags between my defenders for an easy finish.

Haha sorry i didnt think that sounded right when i sent it,

Basically just asking whether or not the weather will be correct, because i played a game that kicked off at 8:00pm and it was played in the day(this was in august), if however i played an 8:00pm game in november for example, would if be played at night ?

Aha right, it should do yes, unless it's at a stadium without the night setting, but there's not many of those now.

Starting my first career now with AGF (or Aarhus GF) from Denmark. I'm meeting FC Copenhagen in my first match, and expect to lose quite significantly. However in real life, they met Lyngby, so the Danish league fixtures are not the same.

Photo%2030-09-2011%2020%2024%2025.jpg

Cannot believe this bug is still in the game :(

Any idea how to solve it? I don't particularly want to start a new MM if its just gonna happen again.

Last edited:
huh hamsik ? spurs?

is there a league in here? curious because I would love to play some players in here some sound like God send . I played a few in here fifa11 and they seem to never talk about playing and they`re good too.

Cannot believe this bug is still in the game :(

Any idea how to solve it? I don't particularly want to start a new MM if its just gonna happen again.
I can totally believe it :P . They didn't fix it the last two years and the Edit Formation code hasn't changed so...

The way to 100% avoid it is to never save & quit while your team is assigned a Custom Formation. So any time you are about to exit Career Mode, first go to the Squad Management screen and ensure that they are assigned a default formation as their currently selected formation (either the club's Default, or a preset one - anything that's NOT your own Custom Formation). Then save your Career.

It's related to the editing of Custom Formations somehow. Not entirely sure of the cause, I suspect something to do with changing a player's Role, but... the way to 100% guarantee it will never happen in the future is to follow the above procedure. I guess it's too late for your current CM though.

It's probably also a bad idea to assign Custom Formations to clubs in the Edit Teams menu (outside Career Mode). Best leave them on default/presets as well. In case you did that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom