Fifa 12 Career Mode Discussions

I'd appreciate any suggestions as to how to improve it - the generic kits/boots would be a start, same goes for the blank faces, but if anyone has any cool yet fairly simple ideas I know Simon Humber would be interested to hear them.

Being able to edit your players within a CM would be a great thing. I'm guessing each CM save contains it's own squad file, as any changes made in the main editing section don't sync with saved games, so (in my book anyway) it could work.

You could emulate a Man Utd guideline, that all youth players, real & generated - are assigned black boots / default kit, then after being promoted to the first team (or after a debut, or at the end of a season) they can be modified - a bit like your VP.

It would also save the occasional gripe of finding a gem of a player, only for them to have nasty EA boots.
I've spent many hours with various FIFAs editing everything, only to start a new CM and find that at least one of my players has changed from plain black Nike boots to bright blue Adidas ones. Carrick & Vidic are good examples, as they often switch between black & white Pumas during a season.

It could also lead to kit DLC, so possibly a money incentive for EA? (Can't see them rolling out new things for free)

Maybe I'm just fussy...!

i just finished 1st season with WBA in EPL ..
9th place was good enough for me ..
now i am in the January transfers for 2nd season ..
i.ll be updating soon :)

Hey Placebo, yes just downloaded the update, loaded up my CM, and form is green for all of my players. Lovely isnt it? Seems like EA patches break more things than they fix. Anyways like you said, wont be fixed by EA.

I knew I shouldnt have downloaded the patch lol

lol, I had went on a good run last night and thought the green was due to my team playing well :(

That sucks Placebo. I feel for you dude.

Like I said, unless they fix this, I'm staying away from the update. What's it for anyway? What does it fix/improve, because we know what it MESSES up! Those idiots don't bother testing.

Does it stay like that, or does it still change?

Presumably still changes, hard to tell when it's always the same colour as form tended to change quite slowly.

That sucks Placebo. I feel for you dude.

Like I said, unless they fix this, I'm staying away from the update. What's it for anyway? What does it fix/improve, because we know what it MESSES up! Those idiots don't bother testing.

It was supposed to address EAFC and UT stuff only.

Sadly I think not, more like they just messed something up, annoying they're simply ignoring all reports about it, tweeted like 5 different EA people :(

So, the form still "works" (we presume) but the color bar which used to be red/yellow/green based on it's length is now just always green regardless? Basically, a presentation error?

Fortunately nothing else seems messed up since the update.

I'm wondering if cut-scenes are also messed up from the update... In FIFA 11, it would constantly show the "wrong" player in that little cut-scene before a substitution or with an injury, etc. In FIFA 12, I think this had been sorted out.

In my first game post patch, I happened to have both teams pick up 3 injuries each, and for all 6 cut-scenes it showed a different player (not the actual injured player) writhing in agony asking for a sub. While it didn't effect who was actually injured, it looked stupid.

I don't think this was an issue pre-patch.

I'm wondering if cut-scenes are also messed up from the update... In FIFA 11, it would constantly show the "wrong" player in that little cut-scene before a substitution or with an injury, etc. In FIFA 12, I think this had been sorted out.

In my first game post patch, I happened to have both teams pick up 3 injuries each, and for all 6 cut-scenes it showed a different player (not the actual injured player) writhing in agony asking for a sub. While it didn't effect who was actually injured, it looked stupid.

I don't think this was an issue pre-patch.

This used to happen occassionally pre-patch

Sadly I think not, more like they just messed something up, annoying they're simply ignoring all reports about it, tweeted like 5 different EA people :(

Still cannot get a single reply/acknowledgement on twitter or the forums, quite obviously they're deliberately ignoring this issue, shameful :(

Can anyone else confirm that post-update all form shows as green bars even if it should be low ie yellow/red? Want to make sure it's not just me before I report it, even though obviously EA won't bother fixing it :(

I have all green form bars BUT none of my players have low form, they're all mid-range so I can't tell if they've just changed at what point the bar turns yellow/red or if it'll be green all the time.

i must admit i didn't notice anything different with the form but i'll check again next time i go on CM, i have a couple of players who have been shoved out of contention and are low on form and morale etc.

So after 11 tweets 1 DM 1 PM to 5 different EA people +1 forum thread reply +1 new forum thread I finally got an acknowledgment of the issue. "Waiting on feedback"....

030612030301n0yfm7cgk7oe6f8kh.gif

My squad is like this in the 2nd season :

031812210326jgcb40xh9w.gif

and league ranking :

031812220349mvdp5t83rkh4zozait5bz3kl7.gif

:)

Back
Top Bottom