Fifa 12 Career Mode Discussions

Well check it and let me know. I'm curious.

Go to "My Career" in the main CM menu and it's there.

Noticed a problem with my CM last night, which has put me off starting again...
I'm about a month away from the winter transfer window of the 2nd season, so starting looking through the squad to see who can be sold / loaned out.
I noticed that 2 of my reserve defenders (Reece Brown & Michael Keane) aren't showing, neither is Ashley Young.
Which made me realise that Young hadn't featured all season, which I'd assumed was because of injury. Added to that my VP & Mr Buttner were owning the left wing so it just didn't register... (shows how much attention I was paying!)

Anyhoo, I had a good look for them in the transfer section, but they aren't appearing so must have deleted from the squad list on my United save.

It's a bit annoying, but maybe it's a good thing as it gives me a chance to play some games from Christmas!

So I've started a new CM after a few months away. It's been thrilling so far, I must say: I lost my first game to Chelsea 6-1! But now I am 8 wins, 4 draws, 4 losses, and in the quarterfinals of the league cup.

Anyway, usually I start at the bottom, with a second or third division side and either bring them up to the top-flight or work my way as manager of different teams till I get to the top flight. But this time, I started as Arsenal on the hardest Board settings. I'm guessing that I won't be able to satisfy the Boards requirements of winning both the league and a cup, etc. but maybe just one of them. So I might be asked to stay by the skin of my teeth, or even better, asked to move on to another decent side, or even terrible side and have to work my way back up, you know. I want to be the Special One or the Not-So-Special-One (AVB)!

Can anyone confirm the strictness of the Board's requirements? Will I get the heave-ho? Will I have to plummet to a terrible side?

I'm sorry if these questions have already be asked and answered.

Side: I just had a great game against Crystal Palace (I liked their lineup, I wouldn't mind moving on to manage them...) in the League Cup. They went up inside of 10 minutes and then I just battered them until Vermaelan scored on a corner header to tie. Everyone was exhausted and I had no choice but to bring in Ryo Miachi (playing for Bolton on loan IRL) as my striker and dammit he scored in extra time--one v one thunderbolt!

It´s clear: strugglers, then mid tablers, to european spots and then big title contenders. It just doesn´t reward early success, or miracles, i must say.
On a side note, Marco Rossi(CB),Capuano(LB),Parolo(CM), Candreva(CM) and Colucci(DM) were great for me. Caracciolo(ST), Eder(LW/RW) and El Shaarawy(AMF/RW/LW) were phenomenal. I recommend all of them. Will try Russell, Jerson Cabral,Jaume Costa, Marcone,and Kadrii, this year.

I found a really fun player for somewhat lesser teams last night, he's called Deivid (David Omar Rodríguez Barrera) 23 year old from Sevilla, and is a CB/RB/RWB but he's like a poor man's David Luiz, high attacking work rate, medium defending, decent pace, very good ball control, even decent crossing, 6ft 2", long throw iirc his defending is a little suspect (marking 60 iirc) but he's a good tackler/header so makes an excellent RB and cover for CB :) Cost me about £550k

http://sofifa.com/en/player/199409

Last edited:
Anyone heard of this Traore Lacina Traoré - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia guy Ivory Coast 21 striker. He playes in Russia and is 6'8 tall lmao.

I was searching players last night and got a bunch of decent targets unsure who to buy tbh.

couple other decent players I had on loan last season.

Wellinton Nem from fluminese Brazilian attack midfiler.
Leandro from Gremio brazilian young stiker.

There is actually a lot of potential talent to be found in this game I noticed.

i wanna do a cm but i dont know wich team to be , i want a team in either npower , npower 1 or npower 2 , if you have any suggestions please reply

Fifa 11?

And do you recommend?

Hes not fast or technically great and i rarely play long balls.

He does have good strength and ok finishing though.

Fifa12.

You said you don't cross the ball so it's pointless signing someone who would benefit mostly from crosses, he is a decent finisher from range which is a good asset for someone who holds up the ball maybe behind a quicker forward in a 4411

i wanna do a cm but i dont know wich team to be , i want a team in either npower , npower 1 or npower 2 , if you have any suggestions please reply

Sheffield Wednesday of course ;)

Fifa12.

You said you don't cross the ball so it's pointless signing someone who would benefit mostly from crosses, he is a decent finisher from range which is a good asset for someone who holds up the ball maybe behind a quicker forward in a 4411

Sheffield Wednesday of course ;)

Thanks , their actually my league 1 favourite team , ima give it a go

On a side note, Marco Rossi(CB),Capuano(LB),Parolo(CM), Candreva(CM) and Colucci(DM) were great for me. Caracciolo(ST), Eder(LW/RW) and El Shaarawy(AMF/RW/LW) were phenomenal. I recommend all of them.

I managed to get Candreva as a free agent :BOP: at the start of my current (2nd) season. Transformed my Scunthorpe side but he's injured right now. When he returns he's going to have licence to roam in the centre of a midfield 3 in 4-3-2-1.

Turned into a great formation for me, for anyone struggling with static build up play use that with high pace forwards just behind a big finisher up front to play off.

Transfers are brainless, youth squads don´t exist in clubs you don´t manage, no players on loan after the first 2 seasons, u still can´t see player stats from other leagues and because of it, buy based on statistics and performances... many things for EA to improve shortly.

In many ways transfers are brainless, but you do often see AI teams recruiting to fill gaps when they've just sold someone, which is something. For sure there are a number of flaws in 12's CM but it is a massive improvement in one year over the previous attempts so I think we all have very high expectations for 13 :)

Well I for one will never stop critiquing and suggesting improvements until there is a playable football game with a management mode as good and as deep as football manager, for someone who only plays single player that's the dream! :)

Well if EA+SI teamed up to put the fifa game engine tied with the FM management then it would be possible.

However, it would need a decent PC or next gen console especially to process data fast and store all memory etc...

I think it would be great and surely a possibily. ALl you need to do is take the game engine from FIFA and add it into football manager.

Im sure user mod type people could do it if they were allowed and had time. They woudlnt be creating anything new just merging one thing into another.

On the other hand dont fifa/ea make fifa manager? Im sure this must be more in depth and realistic than career mode. If they combined this with FIFA game engine thats a possibilty but I think/heard fifa manager is a bit crappy?

Last edited:
Well I for one will never stop critiquing and suggesting improvements until there is a playable football game with a management mode as good and as deep as football manager, for someone who only plays single player that's the dream! :)

:ROCK:

Hello all, my first post here. I have regularly browsed this & thought I'd join in :)
Anyways I'll be starting a new CM later on, haven't decided as who yet though :P
Anyways just posted to say hello to you all really :)

hey i am new here and actually only came here beacuse i have been having the problem in the cm mode which i hope you guys can help me with
i started a season with masifield town it is the club with the lowest ratting and i set the diffulcty to legendry after like 5 seasons i have made it up to the premier league but the thing is every player in my team is sorta under vaule i mean if i buy someone for like 10m the second they join my team their price goes down to 5 or something i have a abel hernadaz in my team who has in over all of 86 and is like 26 but still valued for like 9m
is there a way i can increase the worth of my players beacuse rite now if i buy a player i have to do it knowing that i wont be able to sell him for good money

Form affects their value for one thing which is why their price fluctuates, as they improve they will also increase in value so it's best to buy younger players who will still improve.

dude its like this in my fifa if i buy a player for like 10mil and his overall grows buy five points if i wanto sell him next season his worth will only be something like 6 and as soon as i have sold them their price goes throw the roof

That is odd, I can't say I've noticed that to be honest, usually it's only once players turn 28 or so they start dropping in value, I generally sell everyone once they've turned 28 and never sign anyone that old :)

i did my first cm with chelsea and i didnt really had to face this problem well i guess i will have to swich teams or something feels kinda bad i mean i had this team get permoted from the lowest division and now its like second half a season in
all that with the diffculty set it legendary

Maybe it's related to IRL club prestige?

As an example:
I signed 2 young players when managing Charlton, Alex Buttner for £1.1m (valued at £850k) & Marko Jesic for £400k (valued at £330k). Instantly their values didn't change, or increase too much over a season or 2.

However, when I signed the same pair for Man Utd in a new CM, their values instantly went up to £1.7m & £1m respectively.

I don't think it changes in FIFA, no matter how many promotions you get. I got Charlton into the Europa league, and the commentary still discussed how the glory days of Premier League football were in the pas. If anything they were in the best scenario they've ever been in.
However, considering the improvement of CM since '11, I'll let it slide :)

well you can but i cant cuz i had to put alot of time at this club to bring them up to the point where they are rite now
and i guess what you are saying is the cause i am thinking abt trying for two more seasons maybe this will change if i win the league or something rite now i am 6 points behind chelsea at second
if i come to think of it most of my wins are beacuse of this player nielsen his overall is like 76 but had pace and accelration of 99 and fishing of 80, he is like a one man counter mechine

Back
Top Bottom