Fifa 12 Career Mode Discussions

i know its not fifa related but thoughts go out to Fabrice Muamba, hope he keeps fighting. Always had a smile on his face when he played...

i know its not fifa related but thoughts go out to Fabrice Muamba, hope he keeps fighting. Always had a smile on his face when he played...

Aye.

It's only a game, but I'm going to have a weird feeling next time I see him opposing me in my Fifa CM.

The awesome news is he's apparently making some progress, spoke a few words in French/English, moving his arms/legs and apparently recognising people who visit him!

Just started season 3 with my newly promoted Wednesday team facing a battle for survival after promotion to the Premier league, board gave me £9m + £45k PW which I pretty much already spent! Slim pickings in the free transfers, highlights were an aging Stankovic (80) and the pacey Emnes (75) plus a few other players of squad level. Bought a new keeper Frei (77) for £1.25m as Wolf (70) was young but simply not improving annoyingly.

I am nearing the end of the season pushing for a playoff place with Blackpool. I bought this guy in the january window and he has been amazing.

Carlos Quintero - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Heskey is still my top goalscorer mind you :)

My next season I am going to try and up my difficulty level as with the slider adjustments the game is becoming a bit unsided. I always dominate the game, just lose some stupid goals.

Would you guys be interested to watch all the goal highlights from a full season of my career mode?

I have started new career mode with Deportivo in LIga 2. WHen i get promoted I could use fraps to record all goal highlights of all games and make a webpage detialing the season.

Would this be of interest to people or a waste of my time?

Also if so can anyone suggest a good free domain/webiste thing I can use to create my webpage?

Not sure what that has to do with FIFA12's Career Mode.

I know it has nothing to do with career mode, but sometimes things are more important than mashing a controller to get people to kick a ball around. As much as i love career mode and fifa as a whole, things like this kind of put it into perspective.

At least Muamba is improving, Owen Coyle said he could eventually recover which is amazing. A miracle he's even alive.
If i can move to a big club at the end of this Scunthorpe season, i am going to purchase Muamba and put him with some of the hardest working players like Dirk Kuyt as that's the kind of player Muamba is, puts 100% in with a smile on his face.

I'm sorry for being off topic, i know its a Fifa career mode forum so sorry about that, hope nobody's angry like that smily ---> :OT:

Seems he's signed for Swansea in the 3rd season of my CM, played them in the 2nd match, really was a weird feeling seeming him play, I know it's a bit silly but that's how it felt :)

Chaps, you've got an entire internet already saturated with emotional incontinence on that particular subject. Let's at least keep one thread on topic.

Hello. I am a long time PES player, but I switched to FIFA12 because it is great! I have never played FIFA games before but after 10 or so games on PRO, I was ready to start a career.
Started my career as Swansea (I used to play them in sensible world of soccer :COOL: ) on World class and tweaked sliders. After 20 games I was 2nd (bought/loaned Owen, Beckham and Flamini) and decided to switch to Legendary and additionally tweak the sliders. I finished 7th and reached the FA cup finals.

I just started a new career with Cheltenham town (League 2). My goal is to reach the Premier league in 3 years. With a whooping 300.000 EUROs budget, I decided not to buy any players. With very short bench, I could only sell 3 players.

I managed to acquire one free player with very small wage but his market value is 1.200.000 EUROs so I will sell him asap. I guess it is kind of cheat :WHISTLE:

Last edited:
My Scunthorpe United Team are now back down to earth with a bump. Before Muamba's men can be assembled at a big club, i had business to do in cup competitions at Scunny. With two huge matches my small squad were going to have to pull it out the bag. My FA Cup replay with Man City (after an insane 3-3 draw in the first leg) would be i thought a high scoring match. This didn't happen though, yet it was so tense and a late goal sent my team into ecstacy. Very happy to beat a Man City team that have spent ridiculous money in my CM.

Second match was much harder. after my first leg match against Lille in the last 16 of the Eurpopa league, i was trailing 2-0 with my home match to play. It started really well, my players were buzzing and were dominating. But a defensive lapse gave them the lead on the night and i had it all to do. After kickoff from the goal the Lille team turned insane, they murdered me and 2 seconds later had scored again so i needed 5 to go through. Strangely they switched off again and i started to improve. At the start of the second half i pulled one back and threw on some subs to improve my luck (and give some youngsters game time). I snatched a second goal and shortly after this my pro was away tearing their defense apart and my striker Paullucci was with him. I put a low ball in for him expecting it to be the 3rd goal in the greatest comeback ever.

Shot goes wide, my jaw drops to the floor. Lille gained composure after that and it ended 2-2 on the night, 4-2 to them overall. I guess as a small team i don't have the consistency for Europe but the last 16 is pretty good and i came top in a group with teams like Napoli.
Such a shame though when you have come so far but end up achieving so little.

I'm new to these forums but was known as SirCrowmarsh on the EA Fifa forum. Seems more relaxed here, lol.

I'm currently in my 4th season with the mighty Aldershot Town, I play on legendary and slow. I got promoted in my first 3 seasons to get to the Champions Cup, qualified in 3rd.

In my current season I got dumped out the CC by Benfica, too strong, and while I am top of the Prem by 2pts I do tend to struggle in Europe, playing in the Europa I have lost my first two and beat Monaco in my third. I use a custom formation and tactics which were great but are starting to get stale now, especially in Europe. All good fun though.

I read a few pages back that the PC version has a league editor? Can I ask if it is possible to add the Conference onto the normal English leagues? If so I will get it on the PC as it will be cool playing in that league. Wish the ps3 had an editor.

My CM has developed a new problem, I cannot scroll the squad report below my first 11 else the 360 completely locks up, never had this problem before the new update :(

My CM has developed a new problem, I cannot scroll the squad report below my first 11 else the 360 completely locks up, never had this problem before the new update :(

I've noticed just playing exhibition matches that when you go into the squad screen it freezes for a bit and isn't smooth when scrolling, it never happened before?

I've decided to do a new career mode with QPR! I'm managing to sell off the fringe players who I won't use. So far only managed to sign Gonalons from Lyon for £10.9m so pretty pleased. Just need a new goalkeeper, defence and a strike force then im done and dusted for the season!

Set myself a personal target to win FA Cup, League Cup and Premiership Title.

I'll keep up to date with everything that happens!

I had that problem with my Atletico ML after 3 seasons before.

This is months ago so I don't know if it necessarily has to do with the new 'update'.

And I think what caused it was as soon as I would scroll down to one of the 'Youth players' who'd been given a Pro contract but was put on transferlist, something along those lines.

My game would freeze on me and lock up right then and there. It's part of the reason I started a new one with Dynamo Dresden.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your problem pal. :(
Sounds like that f'n update did a lot more harm than good, I'm glad I've stayed away from it.

Strange experience tonight guys, I actually enjoyed a game of FIFA12, with some attention to certain slider values. It's nothing ground-breaking or worldy like Placebo's, but it'll do for me as a base. Had a very good 0-0 with Newcastle, with possession almost equal.

Wonders never cease.

I had that problem with my Atletico ML after 3 seasons before.

This is months ago so I don't know if it necessarily has to do with the new 'update'.

And I think what caused it was as soon as I would scroll down to one of the 'Youth players' who'd been given a Pro contract but was put on transferlist, something along those lines.

My game would freeze on me and lock up right then and there. It's part of the reason I started a new one with Dynamo Dresden.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your problem pal. :(
Sounds like that f'n update did a lot more harm than good, I'm glad I've stayed away from it.

Yeah I decided to start a new CM as well, was tired of seeing Megson's name so was able to finally start a new one with Dave Jones' name, hopefully he'll not get sacked before Fifa13!

Starting my second season with Barcelona after beating UD Almeria to the Spanish Cup, beating Real Madrid to the Suopercopa de Espana and winning La Liga with 106 points!! Nice treble. Anyway, I sold Pedro and bought Jeffren Suarez. I also sold off Seydou Keita and bought Steven Gerrard whilst also buying trying to buy Gareth Bale to fill a space in my substitute's bench. My Starting IX is:

Victor Valdes

Gerrard Pique

Carles Puyol

Dani Alves

Eric Abidal ( and sometimes Montoya )

Sergio Busquets

Xavi

Cesc Fabregas

Jeffren Suarez

Lionel Messi

Alexis Sanchez

SUBS:

Gareth Bale

Steven Gerrard

Pinto

Iniesta

Anyway, the board wants me to win the Spanish Cup, league and Champions League this season :( Simple enough! Also, woah, Manchester United just purchased Cristiano Ronaldo for $81 million, odd :O Anyway, off to play my Supercopa tie first leg versus Malaga!

aint it boring to play such a big team 1-2 seasons u can win everything. Though i might do a season as barca just for the fun of getting to play with all their top players!!!

Atm i started a career with deportivo. Im set for promotion and wil need to rebuild suqd for retrun to la liga. should be fun.

Already sold guardado and brought in Casemiro for 9.5mil as I needed a strong defensive midfielder.

Also got some quality loan players Leinter, Leandro, Wellington nam and a few other wheeling and dealin gbut nothing exciting.

No, Barca is my team irl and Leo is my fav player. Anyway, I won the first leg away against Malaga 0-2 and the home leg 1-0, 3-0 on agregate. BTW, playing as Barca you don't win everything, if you can't play the game, then it doesn't make a difference.

No, Barca is my team irl and Leo is my fav player. Anyway, I won the first leg away against Malaga 0-2 and the home leg 1-0, 3-0 on agregate. BTW, playing as Barca you don't win everything, if you can't play the game, then it doesn't make a difference.

if you are a good player playing with a top team is less of a challenge nor do you need to make sigings though you can for fun.

I aint slating you just saying.

I will play 1-2 seasons with barca and win it all.

After 4 seasons:-championship promotion with Nottingham Forest,followed by 4th place/european spot in the premiership; Italian scudetto with Cesena(!)in the third season; italian supercup, cup and scudetto in the fourth, and my offers for the fifth season are: Nice(mid table),Auxerre(same),Udinese and Sampdoria(mid), Mallorca,Getafe and Zaragoza(mid shit)... stupid and irrealistic. With these results at least a couple of big boys or "new rich" title contenders should approach. Why EA? Kills immersion, rewards nothing, feels pointless...

Never cared to check. Was enjoying it very much.Started in world class, tweaked sliders and semi shooting, moved it to legendary while at Cesena, so i must be doing things right, and needed that EA reward. Still happy to have a choice though...

Back
Top Bottom