Fifa 12 Career Mode Discussions

It's more about the passing error and passing speed which helps to castrate the AI's offence IMO.

what sliders make defense easir to break down.

IMO it seemed reducing CPU markign made it easier to get space in final 3rd. SO I have it 47.

However I notice you have 85..

I have pass speed for the CPU on 50 an pass error on 60..what would you suggest to make them more potent in front of goal?

Pass error a little lower then, and probably shot error a little lower.

what sliders make defense easir to break down.

IMO it seemed reducing CPU markign made it easier to get space in final 3rd. SO I have it 47.

However I notice you have 85..

I've lowered marking quite a bit now to somewhere around 60 each, feels more appropriate for a League 1 match. Will raise it again when back in the Premier league.

Well something has corrupted all my saves! (I think it might be something to do with me altering formations and the saved server settings. Very annoying)

Any suggestions for a team? I'd like an English Premier League or Championship team that isn't already capable of winning the Premier League and has a good history. Money doesn't really matter to me. I can't think of anyone that appeals to me right now.

Edit: I've decided to go with Sheffield Wednesday! My dad went to Sheffield University and Placebo seems to have fun with them.

Last edited:
Good taste! Now you just need to sign Buttner for LW and you're good to go ;)

Quite a few players are showing reasonable growth in just the first season so I think a lot of the squad will be good for the Championship as well if you get promoted, I have sold everyone over 28 though as I'm investing in the youth academy :)

Had an insane 3-3 draw in the FA cup quarter final vs Man City. Thought it was all over when they went 3-2 up in the 81st minute but Barcham my RM made the best run of his life and ripped their defence apart, rounding Joe Hart and hammering it in the back of the net. :BOP:

Pretty good for the underdogs of Scunthorpe :))

I'm just over halfway through the second season but Man City have an incredible team: (4-2-2-2)
GK- Joe Hart
RB- Maicon
CB- Lucio
CB- Kompany
LB- Kolarov
CDM- Toure
CDM- Cambiasso
RAM- Silva (ripped me apart)
LAM- Sneider
ST- Dzeko
ST- Ibrahimovic

Scunthorpe played out of their skin with some fringe players featuring as i'd had the Carling Cup final just a few days before (very kind draws, like playing Fulham in the final), as well as having Europa League last 16 vs Lille coming up next. With that Euro match and then the cup replay, my squad are gonna be shattered.

CM was easy enough in the first season, promotion straighforward, but in the championship, I have been less consistant and its a fight to stay in the playoffs.

Had an insane 3-3 draw in the FA cup quarter final vs Man City. Thought it was all over when they went 3-2 up in the 81st minute but Barcham my RM made the best run of his life and ripped their defence apart, rounding Joe Hart and hammering it in the back of the net. :BOP:

Pretty good for the underdogs of Scunthorpe :))

I'm just over halfway through the second season but Man City have an incredible team: (4-2-2-2)
GK- Joe Hart
RB- Maicon
CB- Lucio
CB- Kompany
LB- Kolarov
CDM- Toure
CDM- Cambiasso
RAM- Silva (ripped me apart)
LAM- Sneider
ST- Dzeko
ST- Ibrahimovic

Scunthorpe played out of their skin with some fringe players featuring as i'd had the Carling Cup final just a few days before (very kind draws, like playing Fulham in the final), as well as having Europa League last 16 vs Lille coming up next. With that Euro match and then the cup replay, my squad are gonna be shattered.

CM was easy enough in the first season, promotion straighforward, but in the championship, I have been less consistant and its a fight to stay in the playoffs.

I'm actually shocked that they still have Silva:P

Have been playing as Leeds in CM, when I got upto speed I tried legendary with not alterations (all assisted) & never got a sniff of the play-offs, was sacked on both attempts.
I then dropped to world class all assisted with shooting & crossing on semi & was promoted in 2nd season via play-offs.
With a weekend to myself I started again on the same level with a board difficulty on legend & even had to sell players to build a decent youth program....so after some wheeling & dealing i've assembled a mixture of current players, loanees & dads army.
Im having my best season on world class but the squad is nowhere near as good as the last one I had, I don't want to get bored as I like a challenge but know I can't cope on legendary so any tips on how to make the game progressively harder?? (i'm only 15 games in & might come down with a bump yet!!)
Cheers

Last edited:
playing for the first time a CM in fifa... and i m chocked with how much fun i m having with this game.... ad a little frustration too... hahaha...
the game is so damn hard but at the same time gives so much possibilities...
incredible!!!

i m playing in world class, with all manual (except pass that is semi), with camera in broadcast (damn hard but beatiful realistic to see), slow speed, 9 minutes match, with sliders 63 pass error, 60 pass speed, 100 movement, 60 marking, 48 acelleration and speed... all sliders for both cpu and player

it´s very hard but beautiful!!

playing with fulhan...
i try to mount a experienced squad in the first season...
buy players like beckhan, ballack, pedersen, voronin, neto berola, shane long...
at the moment i m playng in the 4-5-1 with:
shwarzer; grygera, senderos, hangeland, rise; sidwell, ballack, beckhan, dempsey e pedersen; shane long

i m bad in the league fighting in the last positions but i win the cup against manchester city in a amazing game...

the freedon in the game its been amazing and i m making some crazygoals with all manual...

i would like to know a full manual with explanation off the developers about what stats do inthe game... things like vision, offensive position and other things...

great game... best soccer game i ve ever play

Last edited:
I wodner if when you use manual it makes players stats irrelevant as its about your control with the pad.

eg..a long pass with xavi will be just same as a long pass from Div2 player joe Bloggs its about how you press the stick? On manual?

I wodner if when you use manual it makes players stats irrelevant as its about your control with the pad.

eg..a long pass with xavi will be just same as a long pass from Div2 player joe Bloggs its about how you press the stick? On manual?

If anything it's the opposite. I regularly build my attacks through my CAM who has the highest vision, short and long passing stats. And he makes some absurdly good balls from time to time and finishes most matches with the highest past accuracy. Where as my CDM for example can barely hit a long pass so I adapt my game to make sure he keeps it simple. Think of it like the better a player or his stats the more leeway you have with his passing where as with someone rubbish you have to be bang on with your accuracy/power.

Playing all manual in this came really is pure brilliance.

That sounds good. I'm gonna try using Placebo's sliders with the passing speed reduced a bit, and learn full manual. Last roll of the dice for me, I keep getting battered and need something before I try and resurrect my season with Newcastle. To say it's all gone a bit 'tits up' is an understatement. I'm through to the FA Cup Semis but am approaching them on the back of an appalling run of form that's seen me plummet into the lower half of the table. Thankfully relegation isn't an issue thanks to the form I had earlier in the season.

Thought I'd post a little update from my Hansa Rostock career playing on all manual/world class.

My first season ended in glory with the club finishing 2nd in the 2.Bundesliga and securing automatic promotion, despite having a media prediction of 18th!

Success story of the season was this young man signed in the january window for just under £1M (http://sofifa.com/en/player/205693) who is a lethal finisher in the making aged just 17.
In the 14 games he played in the run in - he scored 13 goals and 2 assists and was that perfect boost to get us over the line finishing just above Dresden (sorry PLF!) and behind Frankfurt.

Signed on for season 2 and was given a £7.5M budget to spend to avoid relegation.

My transfers (Age/OVR):

Enoh (26/74)
Gil (25/68)
Djemba-Djemba (31/71)

Free Agents:

Guberti (27/75)
Rodnei (27/25)
Oduamadi (21/67)

Loans

Leitner (19/75)
Theivy (20/72)

My 3-4-2-1 formation continues to flatter my squad and 4 games in to the Bundesliga we have 3 wins and a draw!

Last edited:
Just started my new CM with Barca! I have already made deals with LA Galaxy and Real Madrid respectively for David Beckham and Cristiano Ronaldo, just gearing up for the road ahead! I have Lionel Messi ( MESSI FOREVER! ) as my striker, Cesc as my RW and Sanchez as LW, while Villa has gone out on loan and the rest of my squad the same as Barca's default on Exhibition Match, with Seydou Keita as a regular half time substituion :) Thiago is a normal replacement for Sergio Busquets as well, Montoya for Puyol and Dos Santos for Abidal/Alves, and I have Pinto chilling on the bench for when Valdes is out. So, my squad is all set up, with a 4-3-3 formation, so time to kick back and relax, trying to play like the real Barca ( The Passing Game ) with some beautiful one-touch two-touch passes going on on the field!

Played my first pre season friendly against Juventus! Messi scored two goals while Cesc scored one and Cuenca scored from a penalty. 4-0 at the Camp Nou! FC BARCELONA! Anyway, still hasn't gotten any word from Beckham or Ronaldo yet :(

Ah this is bullshit, for a second consecutive season I've been knocked out of the FA Cup semi final with a 90th minute goal. In fact, this time, I dominated the game only to concede yet ANOTHER penalty for a nudge without me pressing anything in the 86th minute. What a load of shit. Then, with their second attack of the entire half, they score the winner.

I think I'm gonna replay that match, I'm not getting shafted yet again by the games' decision to award itself penalties for light bodily contact without me even pressing a button. Since moving up to World Class I've now let in ten penalties in around sixteen games, all for a nudge. Ridiculous.

After ten :SHOCK: penalties, I think maybe it's time to adapt your defending :P

Don't think I've conceded ten penalties since I bought the game.

Yeah I'd agree with Nerf, I understand where you're coming from, I went through a spate of something silly like that, maybe not 10 but a shit load of pens, in the end I simply stopped tackling in the box for a while, just run your defender's foot into the ball, works well enough and almost never a foul that way :)

I don't do anything, literally. The penalty in the semi final, the QPR player ran into ME and the ref blew for a penalty.

Actually I can't be bothered with this, it's verging on scripting as bad as PES. With Placebo's sliders the game is great, but the moment the CPU gets into a cup match of any importance and it goes into some strange kind of overdrive, it's so clear to see.

I beat QPR easily in a league match a few weeks before the semi final, they were littered with passing errors etc. I then got beaten 4-1 by Man Utd, then dominated QPR in the semi final all the way until I scored in the 70th minute. Immediately from kick off it was like they were on crack. They were suddenly first to every ball, and the ball itself was virtually laser guided to their feet from clearances, deflections, anything at all. I replayed the game after being shafted, and they came out like they were on crack from the beginning and eased past me 2-0. They were hitting drilled 40 yard passes pinpoint to their team mates who would control it instantly no matter who it was.

Like I said, I played Man Utd the game before and QPR in the semi final were faster, stronger, had no errors in passing or ball control, and were very robotic. They were a far tougher proposition to playing Man Utd in a regular match, which to me shows the bullshit boosting the CPU lends itself in vital games. I may as well have been playing Barcelona than QPR for all the difference there would have been.

As for losing every semi final I've ever played in FIFA in injury time, well again that's bullshit. It still manages to beat me even when I'm leading with three minutes to go.

I just played against Rotherham in the league cup, note Rotherham v Wednesday is a Derby, I get 3 penalties and lead 3-0, they slowly claw their way back into it, helped by me getting a player sent off for a last man foul, ends 3-3, extra time, they take the lead 4-3, I get a 4th penalty in the match, convert it to equalise 4-4, in the 116th minute I score to make it 5-4, match ends shortly after, no scripting there!

Played the first leg of Supercopa de Espana at Santago Bernabeu and won 2-0 with Messi scoring on the 34th minute and Cesc Fabregas scoring in injury time!

Now at the Camp Nou for the second leg and Ronaldo rocked up my net with a crap goal :( 0-1! Don't worry, I'm winning this, Barca will never lose to Madrid!

Alright, thanks to Sanchez and Fabregas ( with Messi coming close to scoring on one occasion and Pique almost scoring from a header ) I won the second leg 2-1 and man does it feel accomplishing to lift that trophy!! I'm going for the treble this season, but can someone tell me how to head the ball into the goal on the PS3? I have Pique, who is a very tall defender, but the opposition's defenders keep heading the ball out while Pique does nothing!

Last edited by a moderator:
The whole scripting thing bugs me, I was on a long winning streak with the mighty Shrews, I play a tuesday night match with a fully fit first XI against a team with quite depleted energy. I dominiated but could even put in 4 open goal atempts, then the super dribbling starts. Sure enough a penalty comes - save it - player runs into mine trying to get the rebound - penalty. Scored this time! end up losing 2-0 after another unstopable run (Run - spin - run - spin)

I hate how the CPU can move much better than yopu with worse players. all bar three of the last 10 goals I have conceeded have been penalties. Its a real shame because the game has really great moments, but this adds so much unnessary frustration.

I'm having a similar time as LTFC in my CM with Brighton. I'm really struggling on World Class - especially keeping out those AI wonder goals (yes, usually in the 90th).

Does anyone have any good sliders setting for Pro level? I still want a challenge but World Class is too much for now - until I build a better team anyway.

Ta

I really can't believe there is scripting in this game. Sure there are annoying last minute goals and dodgy decisions but if anything that's realistic as there are many in real life.

I just had a game away at FSV Mainz 05 and scored two screamers in the first ten minutes, then conceded just before half time. Anyway in the second half I had two absolute stone wall penalties not given, and was absolutely fuming, wondering if this would be a match where I was cursing this so called scripting.

In the 90th minute they broke and were through one on one only for their striker to scuff it wide so I really think things go either way, complaining about scripting is just a knee jerk reaction to some bad luck or close calls.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any good sliders setting for Pro level? I still want a challenge but World Class is too much for now - until I build a better team anyway.

Ta

Check my sig ;)

I really can't believe there is scripting in this game. Sure there are annoying last minute goals and dodgy decisions but if anything that's realistic as there are many in real life.

That's my feeling as well, sure there's a bit of a boost by underdog teams in cup matches but if you play to your strengths and weather the storm you can usually win comfortably.

Back
Top Bottom