FIFA 09: Ultimate Team - DISCUSSION THREAD

I am trying to do the offline tournaments - won 2 so far.

Now I am on the Meditaranean (How the fuck do you spell that :DD ) cup. I can play the first game and then, it won't let me play the next and it won't let me exit the cup. So I have to exit the game.

Then next time I go to the cup, I have to play the first game again and again, it won't let me play the next game or exit!!!

It won't let me play anyother offline cups until I complete this cup!!!! so I basically can't complete anymore cups offline because I am stuck in some retarded limbo!!!!

WHAT A FUCKING JOKE!!!!!
this happened to me in the first tournament, so that was UT finished for me

Anyone else?

ultimatefailure01.jpg

ultimatefailure02.jpg

If I add formation or change to say Spanish the search works, I don't care about the formation so it's annoying to be honest :(

Anyone's offline tournaments actually progressing?

Sunday started the British Isles offline tournament.

Played the 1st game, won, game wouldn't progress beyond press A/B
Played the 1st game again, won, game wouldn't progress beyond press A/B

Today

Beyond a fucking joke, can't quit the tournament and start again, so what am I supposed to do? Play only club friendly matches now? :(

Today

Beyond a fucking joke, can't quit the tournament and start again, so what am I supposed to do? Play only club friendly matches now? :(

Delete your team and start again?

;)

Today

I have this problem aswell but it only happens when the servers are busy. During the day I can play tournaments just fine but after about 4ish and on weekends when the servers are busier my offline tournaments will just freeze everytime.
Have u tried playing them when its less busy 2 see if u can progress?
Thought all these server updates EA were putting out were supposed 2 be fixing these sort of problems. Guess not.

Today

Thats what I was talking about! its a joke!

Have u tried playing them when its less busy 2 see if u can progress?

Sure, but it's offline tournament, shouldn't matter what time of the day/night it's played, offline tournaments shouldn't be dragged down by online servers. Today I played the match at about 5pm CET.

Thought all these server updates EA were putting out were supposed 2 be fixing these sort of problems. Guess not.

Pffft not even close, still getting search errors all during the day, even 12pm GMT when it should have been a slacker time for the servers. This DLC was released 12 days ago and it's still fundamentally broken.

from Dave Rutter's Twitter

Having a meeting about downloadable content this morning...got lots of exciting stuff planned for FIFA10

I replied:

Can you fix Fifa09's DLC first please? 12 days since release and it's still fundamentally broken.

LOL this is hilarious:

Start a new UT team.
Discard as many of the default players as you can until it says you need minimum 18.
Start a match, quit to arena, repeat until your squad is too small.
Get free 500 to buy a bronze pack of new players.
500 is not deleted so you can buy another bronze pack.
Admire how they give you the same players repeatedly.

I just got some Italian LB 4 times in two Bronze packs, 2nd bronze pack he was in it 3 times!

Just had this e-mail from EA:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for purchasing our latest release; FIFA 09 Ultimate Team via the Xbox Live Marketplace.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued patience and also apologise for any problems that you feel may have hindered your in-game experience. We are also pleased to announce that we have been working on correcting these problems of late and feel that we have succeeded in doing so. We are aware you purchased FIFA 09 Ultimate Team during the first week of release and would like to reward your loyalty to EA by refunding you half of the FIFA 09 Ultimate Team product cost.

In order to obtain your refund please visit the Xbox Live Marketplace and select to re-download the FIFA 09 Ultimate Team expansion. You should notice the price as -400 Microsoft Points, once re-downloaded, these points will be credited to your account.

Regards,

The EA Team

Just had this e-mail from EA:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for purchasing our latest release; FIFA 09 Ultimate Team via the Xbox Live Marketplace.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued patience and also apologise for any problems that you feel may have hindered your in-game experience. We are also pleased to announce that we have been working on correcting these problems of late and feel that we have succeeded in doing so. We are aware you purchased FIFA 09 Ultimate Team during the first week of release and would like to reward your loyalty to EA by refunding you half of the FIFA 09 Ultimate Team product cost.

In order to obtain your refund please visit the Xbox Live Marketplace and select to re-download the FIFA 09 Ultimate Team expansion. You should notice the price as -400 Microsoft Points, once re-downloaded, these points will be credited to your account.

Regards,

The EA Team
I bought it on the first day and I haven't had that.

Hmmm.

I cant get over how much the CPU cheats on Legendary

They foul constantly and get away with it, you press to run down the line and they stop dead allowing them to catch up, they stop dead every time you get close so you can hardly ever slide tackle and this...

EDIT:
which was a replay showing a goal going over the line and it not being given but the fucking shit EA world site only plays half of it

EA are wank

professional is far to easy though

they wont even close you down and you can just hold A to take the ball off them very very easily

World Class aint to bad

It's not too easy on all manual. At world class the AI teams are no longer stat inhibited, especially when the abysmal underdog AI logic kicks in.

We should (with placebos EA forum mates) make a petition asking for a fix or our money back

its out of order making us pay for a game that don't work as it should

hi people, i am looking for big names.. the players i would like i will put in order of who and what i want the most......

1. wembly stadium

2steven gerrard

3middlesbrough fc badge

4robihnio

5kaka

6messi

7ronaldihnio

8torres

my ps3 add is Johnson_CR7 if you can help me with any of these it would be much appreciated so add me .

i have coins to trade and buy with and i also have, real madrid badge, anfield staduim, yakubu, man u home kit, stadio delle alpi stadium, san siro stadium, west hame home kit, arsenal badge. thanks alot

hi people, i am looking for big names.. the players i would like i will put in order of who and what i want the most......

1. wembly stadium

2steven gerrard

3middlesbrough fc badge

4robihnio

5kaka

6messi

7ronaldihnio

8torres

my ps3 add is Johnson_CR7 if you can help me with any of these it would be much appreciated so add me .

i have coins to trade and buy with and i also have, real madrid badge, anfield staduim, yakubu, man u home kit, stadio delle alpi stadium, san siro stadium, west hame home kit, arsenal badge. thanks alot
you might have more luck if you posted this in the trading thread

Back
Top Bottom